• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee continues his perilous adventures in Johto. Watch his HeartGold Nuzlocke here.

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Like FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, many long believed that remakes of Gold and Silver would bring about new Sugimori art of the 100 Pokémon introduced in Generation II. Their beliefs have now been verified.

Read more on Bulbanews

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HG/SS Pokémon art released

Finally I like Quagsire's new art. Many of them are just updated of the old GSC ones...

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Is Pichu's even changed?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Seems on the site it's still the FRLG art, meaning Sugi got LAAAAAZY.

Reaction score
Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Much like how Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, the remakes of Gold and Silver now bring new Sugimori art of most of the Pokémon introduced in Generation II.

Read more on Bulbanews

Reaction score
Pokémon.co.jp Pokédex updated: All HeartGold, SoulSilver Pokémon art released

Much like how Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen brought about new art by Ken Sugimori of the 151 Pokémon introduced in Generation I, the remakes of Gold and Silver now bring new Sugimori art of most of the Pokémon introduced in Generation II.

Read more on Bulbanews

Ultimate Trainer (I wish)
Reaction score
This is the reason why I was hoping for Gold and Silver remakes. The new art looks great and doesn't look out of place next to their respective 1st, 3rd, and 4th generation evolutions. Aipom next to Ambipom always looked bad together. Now they look great together. I don't like some of the new poses, but my biggest hope has come true. I don't care how the games turn out, I got what I wanted. :025:

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Quagsire's is probably the best, whilst some like Magby and Tyrantitar felt more like fan sugmori. I love Kingdra, Gligar, Jumpluff and Crobat.

Doc Octillery FTW
Reaction score
It seems Sugimori's going too anime-ish, looking at how he recolored Gligar, turning it into pink like it's in the anime instead of the purple it had had for ten years.

Otherwise, most of the redraws are great, though some, like Foretress, Pineco and Mantine look like they only were re-colroed, which, added to the fact that the ones who got new art in FRLG weren't drawn, makes me think Sugimoir's gotten VEEERY lazy.

And as everybody, I'm loving Scizor's new art.

And I'm glad they're already in the Bulbapedia respective articles, although I must admit I'll miss the old arts.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
The art'll still be on Bulbagarden, though. We're moving the old stuff to new filenames... and maybe eventually will put it in the articles...

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
The art'll still be on Bulbagarden, though. We're moving the old stuff to new filenames... and maybe eventually will put it in the articles...
eh, I'm good for now. I'll live with the white backgrounds until we get better pics up.

契約?
Reaction score
New art looks great, but I'm also disappointed with the recolors. I wanna cut the guy some slack and say, perhaps he was busy with generation five art, but...come on. After all these years, he still couldn't draw some new poses for these characters? Even if a remake was never made, most artists find it hard to just leave old designs alone. I also wish he'd stop trying to copy the anime style as well. Being inspired by the anime isn't bad, but I honestly thought his original look for the monsters and humans was much better...

Annoying Old Party Man
Reaction score
Typhlosion's new art is awesome, Wobbuffet's is mildly hilarious, Crobat's is very nice, and I can't really think of anything to say of the others. Could've been worse.

Reaction score
They mostly look much better now, but there's something about Skarmory's new look that agitates me endlessly. When I first saw Mantine's new art, I couldn't tell if it was the new one.

Typhlosion has returned to his FTW status, but I was mildly frightened by the new picture.

Friendly Trainer
Reaction score
I Can't Wait To See Pikachu's,And Rattata's Art!Since I Know There Won't Be A Squirtle And Wurmple Art And I Already Saw Totodile's Art.....:)

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
I Can't Wait To See Pikachu's,And Rattata's Art!Since I Know There Won't Be A Squirtle And Wurmple Art And I Already Saw Totodile's Art.....:)
Keep waiting. They aren't updating that.