• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon.co.jp updated: Art, new information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon.co.jp updated: Art, new information revealed

Pokémon.co.jp has updated its Black and White section with official art of the new Pokémon revealed in the latest CoroCoro magazine, as well as some new information regarding the games' connectivity.

Read more on Bulbanews

I think the biggest shocker here is that you can upload your save file and play on your computer

Yeah... I have no idea how they're going to do that. Do you just plug the game into the SD slot?

Watch them not even utilize the DSi's ability to use WPA settings just to screw with me :/

Interested in this revelation. Hope its something interesting.

I don't think the internet thing means that you can play outside your game (say a computer); I think it's more like for random online matches: by uploading your save file, people can access to your profile and choose to challenge "you", controled by the AI, whether it uses your direct party or chooses something from your PC Boxes.

Now why the heck would I want to play on my PC? When my DS is charging?

..Hm. Seems like weather must be important because why would we need to know the weather when we can see it?

Why is the screenshot bilingual?

Mii does have white on its ears and tail.

Veggietable said:
I don't think the internet thing means that you can play outside your game (say a computer); I think it's more like for random online matches: by uploading your save file, people can access to your profile and choose to challenge "you", controled by the AI, whether it uses your direct party or chooses something from your PC Boxes.
That wouldn't require using a computer for downloading the data. It would be entirely akin to the Vs. Recorder data, which is handled by the DS without any server problems.

Somari said:
Now why the heck would I want to play on my PC? When my DS is charging?
Most likely for tournaments with possibly up to 64 players. The DS has its limits, as evidenced by the fact that the Wi-Fi system in Generation IV doesn't even allow 4-player communication (for tag battles), which is possible via wireless communication. Similarly, why does the Underground only allow wireless communication? Not only that, but why do you think the interaction in the Wi-Fi Plaza is so limited? If it were like the Union Room, the transfer rate would be quite slow.

I strongly suspect that the new web site is going to allow at least 16 players to hook up for a tournament, which would be quite different from the DS random battles. This feature is not going to be redundant at all, and I'm looking forward to it.

If it is playing online for battles, maybe they are just trying to do a better Shoddy.

It is good that we know that the scans were confirmed, and I do hope that you can play in "Computer only" areas in the game.

Unown Lord said:
The DS has its limits, as evidenced by ... Generation IV

I really wouldn't use Generation IV as an indicator of what the DS is or is not capable of.

Somari said:
Why is the screenshot bilingual?

It's not unusual at all for simple menu things like that to be bilingual in a Japanese game. Tons of other RPGs have done the exact same thing in the past.

I really wouldn't look too much into it.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea to me :3 I have no idea how something like that would work though, maybe a bit like the WI-Fi plaza?
Im looking forward to seeing what its like regardless ^-^ These new games are exciting, it seems like they're really pushing the DS's abilities to the limits!

I really wouldn't use Generation IV as an indicator of what the DS is or is not capable of.
I don't see your point, especially when the Generation IV games are among the few that support 16-player communication. Considering that what we're discussing is data transfer rate, I really wouldn't expect Black and White to fare any better when they are most certainly going to use a more sizeable card, which entails slower transfer rate.

Besides, I don't belive that any of the DS games feature Wi-Fi communication with over 4 players that isn't limited in some way. There should be as reason for the fact that Black and White can be connected to a computer.

The aforementioned lack of four player simultaneous battles in the Generation IV games is not proof that the DS can't handle it; it's proof that the game developers just couldn't be bothered to allow it.

I'm just reminding you that Game Freak isn't really known for pushing a system to its limits.

Last edited:
What would you consider to be a game that does push the DS' Wi-Fi capacities to their limits?

Black and White might be their first, and their last, considering that the 3DS is just around the corner.

Like I mentioned here, I don't think the picture on the main site really means we can play directly on our PC. If we could, then our DS should be able to link to it through our router right? But the picture shows it connecting to the internet, and the PC to the internet, but not to each other.

The aforementioned lack of four player simultaneous battles in the Generation IV games is not proof that the DS can't handle it; it's proof that the game developers just couldn't be bothered to allow it.

I'm just reminding you that Game Freak isn't really known for pushing a system to its limits.

Pushing a system to its limits doesn't always make for a good game. I'd rather GF focus on improving the series itself instead of playing catch up with the rest of the rpg world like many people in this fandom are begging for.

Pushing a system to its limits doesn't always make for a good game. I'd rather GF focus on improving the series itself instead of playing catch up with the rest of the rpg world like many people in this fandom are begging for.

This. As far as the series itself improving, I have a feeling that we could be seeing that with Black and White... some sort of improvement, whether it's big or small.:-/

I thought the weather indicator was pretty neat... I'm wondering if that might indicated that there's a possibility of certain areas that could get different weather conditions periodically, instead of just one or more routes having one weather condition constantly (save for the desert, that's obviously going to have a sandstorm all the time). The ability to transfer your save file onto the Internet was pretty interesting too. I wonder what exactly you could do once you do that?

I wonder what exactly you could do once you do that?
Again, most likely for online tournaments. I'm not sure why this idea isn't more widespread, especially as there is little else that would require using the Internet.

I hope we still have the current weather animation in the upper screen. :-(
I really won't like B&W if it doesn't rain constantly on the top screen as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom