• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Colosseum question..

The Realist™

Straight x Edge
Reaction score
Hey, I have a gamecube controller that I accidently broke, so now there's no directional pad on the controller(below the bigger, top movement control), I want to buy Colosseum so I can finally play my GC again, but I'm wondering if I'd need the direction pad to execute moves in the game. Thanks in advance.

Gah, Excuse my double post, but I was reading Wikipedia(Yeah, I know) and it said something along the lines of "While it is the first 3D Pokémon video game with an RPG mode, it doesn't allow the player to use rental Pokémon the way the Pokémon Stadium games did. This was probably done because Pokémon are obtainable in the RPG mode, thus most of the features in the game are still usable without a Game Boy Advance Pokémon game or rentals.

Pokémon Colosseum also puts significantly less importance on the non-RPG aspects of the game than Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. For example, there are no minigames, nor is there a Gym Leader Tower."

So i'm wondering now, There's no Stadium mode/Battle Mode like in the previous games with rental pokemon? Also, if there is, are we able to change the moves of Rental Pokemon? The whole reason for this is because i'm at a hard choice between this game and Smash Bros. Melee, and I want to make sure this game is worth it.

There is a battle mode, but no rental pokemon. In battle mode you can download a team of pokemon you raised on your gameboy advance *OR* register the team you're using in story mode. With battle mode you can battle at various colleseums that range in difficulty, and at Mt. Battle where you need to defeat 100 trainers in a row. If you're using your gameboy team, your trainer image will be that of your gameboy character.

The main focus of Colloseum is its story mode, which is very cool. Good plot, and lots of entertaining characters.

I think Colloseum is the better deal, but that's just my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom