• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon.com announces Pokémon Power Bracket: Legendary Pokémon to compete for fans' v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon.com announces Pokémon Power Bracket: Legendary Pokémon to compete for fan

I think we should try to get an old event Pokémon like Mew, Celebi or Jirachi. Mewtwo, Darkrai and Arceus got special events this year so we shouldn't vote for them again.

This is not voting for a distribution. There may end up being one, but at no point did they ever even hint that they intended to distribute the winning Pokemon.
"The winning Pokémon will take over Pokemon.com for an entire week, and a special downloadable prize pack will be given away to everyone to celebrate the victory!" I thought this was another way of saying distribution.
And besides, distribution or not, another legendary Pokémon should win since since Mewtwo, Darkrai and Arceus already had their own events on Pokemon.com.

On Pokemon.com, "special downloadable prize pack" generally refers to wallpapers, screensavers, etc. Pretty much this stuff. A distribution event doesn't really qualify as a pack.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon.com announces Pokémon Power Bracket: Legendary Pokémon to compete for fan

I think we should try to get an old event Pokémon like Mew, Celebi or Jirachi. Mewtwo, Darkrai and Arceus got special events this year so we shouldn't vote for them again.

This is not voting for a distribution. There may end up being one, but at no point did they ever even hint that they intended to distribute the winning Pokemon.
"The winning Pokémon will take over Pokemon.com for an entire week, and a special downloadable prize pack will be given away to everyone to celebrate the victory!" I thought this was another way of saying distribution.
And besides, distribution or not, another legendary Pokémon should win since since Mewtwo, Darkrai and Arceus already had their own events on Pokemon.com.

On Pokemon.com, "special downloadable prize pack" generally refers to wallpapers, screensavers, etc. Pretty much this stuff. A distribution event doesn't really qualify as a pack.
True, but it's just that it's better to consider that possibility there will be an event distribution tie-in because you never know. They may say as soon as the bracket's done "As an added bonus, -Winner Pokémon- will also be available for download on Wi-Fi". And it would really suck if in the end, we did get a distribution and a Pokémon like Mewtwo or Darkrai won since we just recently got an event for that.

This may be one of our only chances for a while to get something like Mew or Celebi, so I just think everyone should keep that in mind when voting.

I don't know why they're showing the voting results live. Has no one in charge there ever heard of the Bandwagon effect?

I hope Arceus loses so bad.

Gentlemen, I think we all have a duty to see Deoxys win. Of all the pokemon we have, it has yet to have seen a real distribution outside of generation 3 and via pokemon ranger.

I don't think the winning mon will be distributed. There wasn't any thing like this in Japan and the fav pokemon poll was in Japan before it was in the states.

I don't think the winning mon will be distributed. There wasn't any thing like this in Japan and the fav pokemon poll was in Japan before it was in the states.
For me, it doesn't really matter if there's a distribution or not. Arceus just needs to lose. Too bad there wasn't a write-in candidate.

ORIGINAL DRAGON 2012

I find some of the match-up to be ridiculous. Most of the prelemenary pairs are version macots or event mons vs. minor legendaries. And we all know who is going to win those.

EDIT: Also, if possible the picture thingy in the article needs to be updated.

Last edited:

I find some of the match-up to be ridiculous. Most of the prelemenary pairs are version macots or event mons vs. minor legendaries. And we all know who is going to win those.

EDIT: Also, if possible the picture thingy in the article needs to be updated.
Obviously there are Pokémon they don't want to win. Hypothetically, if Phione beats Latias, its very unlikely it would beat Manaphy. Too bad we can't get the entire online community to get on board Operation Phione just to troll every existing legendary out there. It doesn't even need to win, it just needs to beat Manaphy.

They also made it so that Latios and Latias can't face each other in the finals.

On a side note, I'm surprised no one went "PROOF OF RSEMAKES" yet given the three Pokemon featured at the bottom of the bracket are their version mascots.

I mean, look poor Riakou. He's getting crushed by Arceus. Did they even expect it to win? I voted for Riakou out of pity. But, I would have voted for it anyway.

Last edited:

True, but it's just that it's better to consider that possibility there will be an event distribution tie-in because you never know. They may say as soon as the bracket's done "As an added bonus, -Winner Pokémon- will also be available for download on Wi-Fi". And it would really suck if in the end, we did get a distribution and a Pokémon like Mewtwo or Darkrai won since we just recently got an event for that.

This may be one of our only chances for a while to get something like Mew or Celebi, so I just think everyone should keep that in mind when voting.

It's entirely possible that it will result in a distribution, but what I'm saying is basically "don't get your hopes up". While possible, I think if they were planning to do a distribution, they would have told us by now.

I'm neutral towards the idea of pitting random legendaries against others rather than organizing it by respected region. I am hoping Arceus wins.

FFFFFF- Arceus is winning! I don't want another Jesus goat in my game! D: (although an Arceus T-Shirt sounds nice but still...)
VOTE FOR RAIKOU!!

I did. ;_; Poor Riakou.

This seems cool. Still wondering what the prize pack is going to be. TPCi partnering with Hot Topic? That's new.

I'm surprised there's even a vote. Arceus WILL win. It always does. God I hope something else does

So far the only match i predicted wrong is Jirachi v. Latios. and it looks it might become 2 as Regigigas is losing.
Either way, I think Mewtwo and Ho-oh will make it to round 3.

Shame that not even TPCi has gotten the concept of Phione... A regular species, maybe a bit rare, living in warm seas -- without Legendary traits either way. Among the many generations of Phione, a very special one was suddenly born. A varied species with special powers, which is now spoken about in legends; Manaphy.

Personally, that's how I always saw it. Manaphy is effectively a special, illusory Phione. Once you consider Phione a Legendary Pokémon, you draw a line between it and Manaphy. Do people think there is a single Phione that is somehow different from Manaphy? Or perhaps that the myriads of Phione that exist are all Legendary? I think Phione stresses how Manaphy is special; it is characteristic in that among a common species, a Legendary Pokémon was born. It's a pretty unique and likeable backstory, which unfortunately Game Freak hasn't touched much...

Shame that not even TPCi has gotten the concept of Phione... A regular species, maybe a bit rare, living in warm seas -- without Legendary traits either way. Among the many generations of Phione, a very special one was suddenly born. A varied species with special powers, which is now spoken about in legends; Manaphy.

Personally, that's how I always saw it. Manaphy is effectively a special, illusory Phione. Once you consider Phione a Legendary Pokémon, you draw a line between it and Manaphy. Do people think there is a single Phione that is somehow different from Manaphy? Or perhaps that the myriads of Phione that exist are all Legendary? I think Phione stresses how Manaphy is special; it is characteristic in that among a common species, a Legendary Pokémon was born. It's a pretty unique and likeable backstory, which unfortunately Game Freak hasn't touched much...
There certainly seems to be more than one Heatran, and official art would have that there is also multiple Shaymin. I'd say that these legendaries are more like what Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster are in real life, where Manaphy is a special Phione.

EDIT: So they're saying this round has 8 votes, but they only let me go through the first four pairs :/

There certainly seems to be more than one Heatran, and official art would have that there is also multiple Shaymin. I'd say that these legendaries are more like what Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster are in real life, where Manaphy is a special Phione.

No disagreement here! I also don't dispute the possibility of a Legendary Pokémon species having more than one member throughout the Pokémon world. If anything, we do know for completely sure that at least one of the Creation Trio Pokémon, a high tier Legendary Pokémon trio, was born in the Mystri Stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom