• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon.com launches regional mini-sites: Previously US-only site expands to some Eur

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon.com launches regional mini-sites: Previously US-only site expands to some European ...

The official Pokémon website, previously exclusive for the United States, has recently expanded, branching off into a few sites for European countries, accessible by a new language switcher.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon.com launches regional mini-sites: Previously US-only site expands to some

I noticed the subtitle was edited to say "European Countries"...well, Argentina, Brasil, Canada, Chile, Peru, Australia, Huenggong, Malaysia and Singapore aren't in Europe.

Re: Pokémon.com launches regional mini-sites: Previously US-only site expands to some

I noticed the subtitle was edited to say "European Countries"...well, Argentina, Brasil, Canada, Chile, Peru, Australia, Huenggong, Malaysia and Singapore aren't in Europe.

But Ryu! Only Europe is important! /sarcasm

Yeah, I don't get why that happened either. It should've been "worldwide", or something.

When I originally wrote the draft, I said "worldwide". Someone must have changed it...unless they know of secret plans to absorb the countries I mentioned above into Europe.

Sure, Europe got the most new sites, but that's just because we had too many languages.

When I originally wrote the draft, I said "worldwide". Someone must have changed it...unless they know of secret plans to absorb the countries I mentioned above into Europe.

Sure, Europe got the most new sites, but that's just because we had too many languages.

What the hell is with them editing your stuff today?

Ugh. Europe's going to let it go to it's head with Pokemon, aren't they?

Knowing how far we can take British pride, it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, the only thing I can genuinely say the EU has over America is Sky 3D for the 3DS; but NOA will probably announce an equivalent for them (as Japan has a TV station partnership).

It's obviously just Nintendo aiming for simultanious launches of things now; because if anything, that cuts importing; and their plans to reboot the franchise (which I do know they're planning...).

If they wanted to cut the importing, they'd release it at the same time with the 3Ds xD

I've heard about Sky TV for a number of years now. Sounds cool, though I've yet to see what it is pffff

Whatever NA Equivalent we get, I hope it's decent.

Sky TV is basically the UK's biggest Satellite TV broadcaster; and they have recently opened their first 3D channel. I'm guessing that if there are any channels in the U.S. that are currently experimenting with 3D, Nintendo will try and get it touch with them.

I just hope Nintendo know what they're doing with this; they're pretty determined to relaunch Pokémon with Black and White. I'm guessing that once they're released, the Global Link will receive a homepage like Pokémon.com, redirecting to the different language versions.

Also, the UK side at least, is pretty bland. No news about the EU Crown Beasts or anything.

That's what I thought it was.

And yeah.

I visited the UK Site and didn't see a point to it right now.

>Clicks on Canada link
>Redirects you to the U.S one

:eh:

Couldn't they just have put "U.S. & Canada" then?

Couldn't they just have put "U.S. & Canada" then?

Yeah. They should've. I don't get why there's a Canada Link in the first place. The whole continent gets the same events at the same time so...yeah. The only thing it'd be good for is for the French-Canadian versions of Pokemon, but even that's a bit, I don't know, small to warrant a site?

The reason that I changed that is because only a few European countries got minisites. The other disambiguation pages have been up for over a year.

I changed to UK/Ireland just in case the English DW site will discriminate by region and not language.

The reason that I changed that is because only a few European countries got minisites. The other disambiguation pages have been up for over a year.
How come I never saw them then, despite me checking the official site at least twice a week? :S

How come I never saw them then, despite me checking the official site at least twice a week? :S

Beats me. That's how I discovered Croftminster (one of the TCG news sources).

The country selector used to be a map; wonder why they reverted to text.

>Clicks on Canada link
>Redirects you to the U.S one

:eh:

Expected as much, which is unfortunate they treat it the same when the US gets the non-first game events (like movies) and Canada doesn't.

Anyway, where's this language changer thing?

It's nice to see them go a bit more international.

Well, at least the actual PokemonBlackWhite.com site has genuinely seperate Canadian versions, so we'll be sure about future events coming here and whatnot. Maybe the other products covered by Pokemon.com don't vary enough (or at all) between the two countries to justify a seperate site. Canada gets all the TCG and other stuff, doesn't it?

So more sites? That must show that the series is getting stronger than ever, or at least that it's far from dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom