• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.com mailbag: Arceus movie to air "this year"

Status
Not open for further replies.
アルセウス
a-ru-se-u-su
ar-cey-oos

What would "arc-ee-us" be in Japanese? アークイアス
a-a-ku-i-a-su

Totally wrong....

Last edited:
I would really be surprised if Movie 12 airs this year. Unless Cartoon Network plans to air it as a Christmas Day premiere. Hmmm. . . .

As for the Arceus pronunciation debate. I don’t care what PCI’s mailbag is claiming or how they say it in Movie 12. I’m still pronouncing Arceus as Ar-see-us.

are they telling us to pronounce arceus: R-key-Us? it both doesn't sound right and doesn't sound good.

Note: The spoiler is just for fun, it's not really gonna happen.
release date of movie 12: 12/21/2012
It's the invasion of the 1's and 2's XD

I would really be surprised if Movie 12 airs this year. Unless Cartoon Network plans to air it as a Christmas Day premiere. Hmmm. . . .

Yep, a Christmas Day airing would be awesome. Though, I do think it's also possible the movie could get a January premiere so the one-movie-per-year pattern isn't broken.

According to Palmer_Chiaki, Tom Wayland admitted at New York Anime Fest today he voiced Heatran in the movie 12 dub.

Make of that what you will.

I think its odd the way PUSA is rushing the series so much.

Movie 13 won't even air in Japan till next August, so why are they bringing out 12 so fast?

Am I the only one who's getting somewhat worried with the whole rushing thing? I'm starting to worry they might be close to ending it, and I don't know why. Can someone give me a hug?

"Is that Heatran? If that's Heatran, I voiced him. It's (the movie) going to be ... interesting."

Indicates to me it's dubbed already.

I also asked him about the "ARK-ee-us" thing, but he backpedaled and refused further comment. He kinda just blurted out the Heatran thing.

A general bit of info on something else: they can be no further than DP139 or so in dubbing, as Jamie McGonnigal knew nothing of Palmer's appearance.

I remember after seeing the movie the second time, I was asked what Heatran sounded like... "Wait a sec... I don't think it even talked!" The third time I paid attention to its voice and it wasn't really distinct. They'll probably add in more lines for it, which IMO is good as long as they give it a good voice. :p

I remember after seeing the movie the second time, I was asked what Heatran sounded like... "Wait a sec... I don't think it even talked!" The third time I paid attention to its voice and it wasn't really distinct. They'll probably add in more lines for it, which IMO is good as long as they give it a good voice. :p

That would be funny, considering they took out Regigigas's growling out at times!

I wonder why they didn't keep Kenta Miyake's Heatran voice, but I have a theory - WPM, was Heatran's voice just growling and such? If so, they removed it to put in a clearly-stated voice, like how Cherrim's voice was changed in Movie 10`.

I believe it was growling. But it *has* been a couple of months now.

And they only took out Regigigas' voice out of the dub one time.

*grumbly moody angry voice*"HETRAN MUTHERFUCKER HETRAN!"
I would love if its something to that effect.

._____________. Now, why do/did they remove Kenta Miyake's voice for Tom Wayland's? It's... too gentle. xD Unless you hear him grumble. Anyway, I do hope it's nearly (if not) as good as Miyake's voice.

*looks at P_C's post* Now, tell me, how did he backpedal? Was he just avoiding the question?

I believe it was growling. But it *has* been a couple of months now.

And they only took out Regigigas' voice out of the dub one time.

Yeah I think it was mostly growling.

I don't think the dub took out the voice... I think the Japanese sent them an older version of the movie. The Regis in the Lucario dub were the voices they had when the movie played in theaters, and then the Japanese remixed their voices for the later DVD release. This happened with the Deoxys movie too (the visual edits we all thought 4Kids did). I remember when I walked out of the special Lucario viewing at Comic-con, I told one of the PUSA people "4Kids changed their voices!!" and she was like "they used what the Japanese gave them" or something like that. So yeah, we can't always blame PUSA. :p

When asked about Arceus, he refused to answer. All I learned is that he plays Heatran in the movie and Bronzor in the main show.

So the official website's fixed the title on the movie's page so that it no longer says "Giratina and the Sky Warrior." They did, however, leave the "Release: 2010" date alone.

Make up your minds, TPCI.

"Release: 2010" probably means DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom