• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Pokemon.com releases Movie 11 page

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
They only changed one name, though...

Grave-E

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
Hmm? What's up with Giratina's domain being refered to as the 'Reverse World' here? I was under the impression that the english name for the place was officially the 'Distortion World', if the platinum screenshots are anything to go by. I wouldn't have thought the two were seperate locations, given that they more or less function exactly the same.

Reaction score
Hmm? What's up with Giratina's domain being refered to as the 'Reverse World' here? I was under the impression that the english name for the place was officially the 'Distortion World', if the platinum screenshots are anything to go by. I wouldn't have thought the two were seperate locations, given that they more or less function exactly the same.
The names are different in the japanese versions as well. There are large visual differences and the purpose of the worlds are different in that the anime version is more of a balancing the pokemon world while the game version is just an alternate world.

Grave-E

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
I took those as nothing more than artistic liberties. It’s not uncommon for the anime, or any adaption for that matter, to change or add elements that weren’t brought up in the source material, be it the fuction, location or visuals. All the key elements here are pretty much the same regardless; The floating platforms, the bottomless void, the shift to Origin forme, the changes in gravity, walking upside-down and sideways, all present in both.

But if each place has a different name in the original too, well, I suppose it can’t be argued. :p

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
That's correct, Jorah.

sailorsailormoon, please re-read the announcement.

Now let's get back on topic, please.