• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

this looks interesting, though I'm not a fan of "war"-games. I like that you start with Eeevee and I'm certain this game will appeal to a big audience.

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Game Freak have never given us the impression that the past of the Pokémon world was similar to that of feudal Japan, and if to be honest I think it should stay that way.

I agree, but you do have to consider that in DPP it was mentioned that the people of the past used swords for hunting :3

arceusv.png

From the trailer at 0:54. The figure looks awfully similar to Arceus, although the protrusions are odd.

Re: "Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

The game freak team probably have a lot of experience with the DS system and know the best ways to program for it to make games look good and operate well. It's also probably because they could make it cheaply and quickly on the DS since they have tools and experience for it. Putting it on the 3DS would take longer and require more money.
GameFreak aren't developing this game; Tecmo Koei is.

However, Tecmo Koei have released DS games as well, so the point would still stand I guess.

From the trailer at 0:54. The figure looks awfully similar to Arceus, although the protrusions are odd.

Thought that myself. Would be surprised if it was anything besides Arceus to be honest.

I don't know what CoroCoro were thinking by hyping up a "world first" announcement, as this is almost certainly the game they're going to be covering until spring.
I'm still certain we'll get an early Gray announcement somewhere in March.

I'm still certain we'll get an early Gray announcement somewhere in March.
Why March? They usually announce a new game a month after the release of its predecessor. If this game is released in March, then Gray may be announced in April, but May is also a possibility.

Why March? They usually announce a new game a month after the release of its predecessor. If this game is released in March, then Gray may be announced in April, but May is also a possibility.
Well I picked March randomly. The bottom line is - Grey should be announced around the time of the movie or before.

Hey, hang on a sec... something is really ridiculous here...

How can MEWTWO exist in FEUDAL JAPAN????!!!!!

I love how one small detail is going to be people's deciding factor whether its good or not--while people here may not be saying it, I know there are others who cling on a single detail to make an otherwise awesome game bad.

I do want an explanation for Mewtwo, but given that its a cross-over, I'm willing to accept that in an alternate reality, Mewtwo may have been brought into existence by other means. After all, if Mew becomes all the Pokemon, why not Mewtwo?

Seriously need a localization of this, always loved games like this. If the entire range of 600 or so Pokemon make it even better. Definitely a game out of nowhere though, couldn't believe it when I saw it.

At first I was a bit iffy about this... But I'm starting to like it. I can't see it being localized though :(

It looks different, that's for sure.
But wow, the trailer blew me away. And I love the character designs.

I'm kinda on the fence about this one. D: Never heard of NA before now, so I guess I'll just wait for more gameplay videos and the like than what we have now before getting excited.

...the hero is very cute so far, though. >>

Ah, didn't know there was a proper thread for this. In any case, CP what I wrote in the news thread:
This was beyond unexpected, but regardless, I actually really like the idea of this. In the main series, there's always text regarding the pokemon world's past, and Johto in particular has a atmosphere reminiscent of ancient japan. I've always been curious to explore those times, and although not quite the same, I think this kind of gives off the same vibe the back stories in the main series tend to convey. Being able to play through something similar is a really cool concept imo, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing more info about this one. The art is also pretty rad.

Only negatives I can think of is that it's not a 3DS game, and that I really hate the Eevee family.

At first I was a bit iffy about this... But I'm starting to like it. I can't see it being localized though :(

There have been Dyansty Warriors crossovers released in the US, Warriors Orochi and DW Gundam.

I hoping the gameplay will be as deep as SRPGs and Pokemon itself have come to be, or perhaps moreso because they're together! XD

Does anyone know what that text said above Roggenrola before it exploded in the trailer? I can't make it out completely but it doesn't seem to match the names for Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Aftermath for that matter...

I hoping the gameplay will be as deep as SRPGs and Pokemon itself have come to be, or perhaps moreso because they're together! XD

Does anyone know what that text said above Roggenrola before it exploded in the trailer? I can't make it out completely but it doesn't seem to match the names for Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Aftermath for that matter...
Same here. And maybe they use slightly different moves from the main games?

Hey, hang on a sec... something is really ridiculous here...

How can MEWTWO exist in FEUDAL JAPAN????!!!!!

Celibi?Dailg? We have a Time god Pokemon and a time travling sprite... whydo people forget this?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom