• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Game Freak have never given us the impression that the past of the Pokémon world was similar to that of feudal Japan

Except for all of the stuff in Johto that's obviously remnants of feudal Japan like Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town.

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Why is Mewtwo even being brought up? This is a crossover, things don't need to make sense.

I'd worry more about how they will incorporate Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z if were you. <.<

Why is Mewtwo even being brought up? This is a crossover, things don't need to make sense.

I'd worry more about how they will incorporate Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z if were you. <.<
Japan always has the best technology, even back in feudal Japan. Back then, they were just developing America Online. Trust me, I know. I failed history.

when I first saw this I was like WHAAAATTT !??.......you must be kidding !!..........*w*(speechless)

I've never herd about Nobunaga's Ambition before but this is awesome !!!

but why its not for 3DS thats disconcerting :S

I was wondering the same,mewtwo is suppose to be created after they discover mew in the 90's I guess.

I love it. I hope I can team up with Hideoyoshi or Mitsuhide because they both were pretty snazzy guys.

Except for all of the stuff in Johto that's obviously remnants of feudal Japan like Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town.
The design was based on feudal Japan (or any point after it since Kyoto has largely remained traditional), but the history was not. In contrast to Kyoto where a civil war between samurai clans took place, Ecruteak was a place of rest for Pokémon and people for much of its history. The incident that disturbed that harmony was a supernatural event, as opposed to some war between factions.

There was a war over the Whirl Islands, though, or rather what used to be a single island. But Game Freak referred to the two warring sides as separate countries, which I don't think they would have done had they been alluding to a conflict between regional families.

Last edited:

I personally find this game to be very interesting, and something much different than the typical Pokemon games. Also it gives a much more "mature" vibe to me to be honest.

While reading the various comments on the trailer video on Youtube, I personally think way too many people are overreacting to the outcome of this game. It is much too early to expect the news of a remake at this point and we will likely not get info about the third game for the fifth generation series until Spring 2012. That is how it usually has been. As a cross-over, we should respect it like how Nintendo and Sega created the Mario & Sonic games (well I'm not a fan of these games, but still it is their decision). The main games are not going anywhere, so let us just see how fun this new game including the Pokemon characters will be.

I do want an explanation for Mewtwo, but given that its a cross-over, I'm willing to accept that in an alternate reality, Mewtwo may have been brought into existence by other means. After all, if Mew becomes all the Pokemon, why not Mewtwo?

I have been hearing from others on various other forums that this Mewtwo has the power to time travel (hence why it is in the ancient times); however, I am not sure if this has been confirmed yet.

I was all blah about this game at first. But after looking at more pics and videos, Im definitely open to it. It still feels hard for me to form a proper opinion on the game because we have barely seen anything and barely have any details on it, but it does look interesting. I was disappointed Gray or the remakes werent announced, but Im cool with this now. It looks like a pretty interesting spin off compared to some of the horrible spin offs they give us. Anyway, we'll probably still be getting a main game in 2012. Its obvious that Gray is next considering the Kyurem movie in July, so it makes sense for Gray to come out around September. R/S remakes probably in 2013 then. The only thing that bothers me is knowing that us English speaking countries probably wont get Gray until 2013. It feels soo far. But Im really hoping this game turns out to be good and gets an English release!

Re: New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Can somebody explain the other series? I've never heard of it.

Samurai Warriors is a Hack and Slash game played in the Sengoku period, there you play wityh famos characters in this era, there's a story mode, free mode, and other things. It is Dynasty Warriors' japanese counterpart.

My two favorite series are together?!I'm in hevaen, this is the best xmas gift ever!!:unworthy:

I saw this topic in Koeiwarriors Forum, some people there will start to try to decorate all 649 pokémon's names!!

I hoping the gameplay will be as deep as SRPGs and Pokemon itself have come to be, or perhaps moreso because they're together! XD

Does anyone know what that text said above Roggenrola before it exploded in the trailer? I can't make it out completely but it doesn't seem to match the names for Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Aftermath for that matter...
'Spontaneous Combustion'...
It seems that Roggenrola blows itself up to avenge itself. Which would make it something similar to Aftermath.

Very interesting. I guess that tidbit leans to the idea that they're taking broad strokes on battling in this game, as opposed to directly porting over every move from the main series (as Mystery Dungeon did).
I don't know much about how Nobunaga's Ambition games in the past played, but I'm thinking this points to either a borrowing of mechanics (like how Mystery dungeon added bunch of "Orb" items, with functions borrowing from commonly appearing scrolls in its non-pokemon titles), or something they thought up just for the occasion (like how the TCG will sometimes use real Pokemon moves or abilities, sometimes not). I doubt it will all be coming from outside the main series's collection of attacks, though... since in the rest of the trailer there's everything from Discharge to Leaf Storm to Flamethrower to Doubleslap that one can clearly make out from the other battling Pokemon's actions.

It intrigues me that even though this is a "crossover" from another series, those characters "foreign" to the Pokemon universe are real historical figures from the past. I guess it partially takes away from the awkwardness of "hey, in this game, Pokemon are going to meet these guys from this random other franchise!" I know nothing of the original story. is there an english equivalent to compare it to in terms of how well it's known to its culture? Perhaps the legend of King Arthur?

Last edited:

Couldn't they have merged it with something people actually knew about? It's also on the DS (which sucks now). Besides that, it looks pretty good. It's new, fresh and bold.

It's like Final Fantasy x Mario all over again, only this time with a sega game. Well, the screenshots do look pretty interesting, but I can't help to get the feeling that I have no goddamn idea what I'm looking at.

I'm not to sure about Pokemon going into this kind of direction with their franchise. Not that I haven't played games with this game play before, its just that I'm wondering if its how Pokemon should be represented. However though I'm interested in seeing how they will pull this crossover off.

They have never combined Pokemon with other franchises before. This is something refreshingly new. Though I was hoping for the third gen v game announced at Jump Festa, this is also cool and I look forward to this game.

They have never combined Pokemon with other franchises before.
Mystery Dungeon is its own franchise.
Samurai Warriors is a Hack and Slash game played in the Sengoku period, there you play wityh famos characters in this era, there's a story mode, free mode, and other things. It is Dynasty Warriors' japanese counterpart.

My two favorite series are together?!I'm in hevaen, this is the best xmas gift ever!!:unworthy:

I saw this topic in Koeiwarriors Forum, some people there will start to try to decorate all 649 pokémon's names!!
Aren't Samurai Warriors and Nobunaga's Ambition...two totally different games?

Mystery Dungeon is its own franchise.

Yes, but Mystery Dungeon is still just Pokemon and not combined with another franchise.

Last edited:

Mystery Dungeon is its own franchise.QUOTE]

Yes, but Mystery Dungeon is still just Pokemon and not combined with another franchise.

True, in terms of characters, it isn't, but that's because Mystery Dungeon doesn't really have characters--the battle system is what makes it Mystery Dungeon. Granted, it's true that because of that, P+NA is going to be the first crossover of such a big extent.

I'm not to sure about Pokemon going into this kind of direction with their franchise. Not that I haven't played games with this game play before, its just that I'm wondering if its how Pokemon should be represented.
What do these words even mean? I always hear such generic statements, but no one seems to elaborate.

How should Pokemon be represented? It's done practically everything else it could be, from card games, figure games, a monopoly version of itself, various manga and an anime, puzzle games, and all kinds of spin-offs, and crossed itself with plenty of other genres. Suddenly this direction is worrying? How so?

The only thing different here is that...its different.
Couldn't they have merged it with something people actually knew about? It's also on the DS (which sucks now). Besides that, it looks pretty good. It's new, fresh and bold.
Japanese players certainly know about this game, but out here in the West, I think it benefits from not being crossed with a well established franchise given how picky fans are. We can actually look at this spin-off and want to play it because its a new spin on Pokemon, and not because its Pokemon + another franchise we like (or don't play it merely because its with something we don't like).

I'm not actually that bothered with this. It doesn't feel right - I don't think it would feel like Pokémon to me.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom