• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Aren't Samurai Warriors and Nobunaga's Ambition...two totally different games?
Yes. Yes they are. People just see "Tecmo Koei" and a Samurai and instantly jump to Samurai Warriors. Samurai Warriors is a hack-and-slash, Nobunaga's Ambition is a grand-strategy game.

If I was about 6 years younger, with the amount of times I've seen comments like that I'd update the first post to say "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" (NOT Samurai Warriors!)" xD

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

The trailer was amazing! Though... there was one thing that creeped me out...

pervertedinfernape.png

Watch the trailer again and tell me that *that* wasn't what Infernape was trying to do.

The trailer was amazing! Though... there was one thing that creeped me out...

pervertedinfernape.png

Watch the trailer again and tell me that *that* wasn't what Infernape was trying to do.
Looks like a fancy belt. Infernape wants to steal it and take it to "Cash 4 Gold".

The impression I got though, was that Infernape was in front and doing more of a "leap to protect" or something like that...rather than a crotch grab.

If I was about 6 years younger, with the amount of times I've seen comments like that I'd update the first post to say "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" (NOT Samurai Warriors!)" xD
You know, you are a mod :p

This makes sense historically, Mitsuhide has Articuno for Nobunaga & Zekrom, and Hideoyoshi has Infernape for Articuno.

What do these words even mean? I always hear such generic statements, but no one seems to elaborate.

How should Pokemon be represented? It's done practically everything else it could be, from card games, figure games, a monopoly version of itself, various manga and an anime, puzzle games, and all kinds of spin-offs, and crossed itself with plenty of other genres. Suddenly this direction is worrying? How so?

I should've explained myself a bit better. I wasn't exactly talking about how it's franchise has branched out, but more about the game play itself. This game is a grid based rpg similar to games like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics. I have no problem with this but Pokemon has always been for the most part a free roam game. Because of this I feel like it would be limiting to the whole Pokemon adventure that we've experienced up to now. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding with my statement.

I should've explained myself a bit better. I wasn't exactly talking about how it's franchise has branched out, but more about the game play itself. This game is a grid based rpg similar to games like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics. I have no problem with this but Pokemon has always been for the most part a free roam game. Because of this I feel like it would be limiting to the whole Pokemon adventure that we've experienced up to now. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding with my statement.
And the puzzle games, and Pokemon Snap (which ironically is the only spin off people seem to want) being restricted to traveling a set path are what exactly?

Like I said, how is this really that different from any other spin-off?

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this...

I went to the official website and noticed this on the bottom:
img_ftr_01.gif

Can anyone translate this and is it relevant to the game at all?

While it looks like you will be forced to start with an Eevee like in XD - it would be epic if I could take over Japan with a Poliwhirl.

Just looking at the Bidoof in this shot shows how great this could be. Now hurry up and release it in English and take my money!

I've never heard of the game Pokemon is crossing over with . . . but the screenshots look interesting.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this...

I went to the official website and noticed this on the bottom:
img_ftr_01.gif

Can anyone translate this and is it relevant to the game at all?

"You can even play it on the Nintendo 3DS". Not important.

I'd also like to point out that I have not yet seen an Obligatory Pikachu. Nothing at all against Pikachu, but Obligatory Pikachu has been getting quite too...obligatory for me, and it's great to see that change here!

I think I'm getting a little bit too excited about this game, huh? My body was not ready, and this thing was out of the left field. Pretty unexpected, no? This is an intriguing one - I think I'll keep a close eye on it. Seems interesting, huh? The premise is... well, out there. Same goes with what's being crossed-over.

"You can even play it on the Nintendo 3DS". Not important.
Just to note for people; in the UK for example, every Nintendo DS game that has been released since the 3DS has had the tagline "Can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS".

I'd also like to point out that I have not yet seen an Obligatory Pikachu. Nothing at all against Pikachu, but Obligatory Pikachu has been getting quite too...obligatory for me, and it's great to see that change here!

Yeah, thats strange isn't it? Zekrom has basically usurped the Electric role and trolled poor little Pikachu XD

Honestly though, I expect to see him in some advertisement eventually, but its not really needed imo. I'm still wondering where the heck Reshiram is though. Perhaps there could be two versions with another having Reshiram/Kyogre/Mew/Moltres/Clefairy on the cover.

Yeah, thats strange isn't it? Zekrom has basically usurped the Electric role and trolled poor little Pikachu XD
Because Zekrom's the BAWS!
But, I think I saw Pichu somewhere, but it's not really the same is it?
I'm still wondering where the heck Reshiram is though.
Reshiram is trolled...
Perhaps there could be two versions with another having Reshiram/Kyogre/Mew/Moltres/Clefairy on the cover.
Kyurem/Rayquaza/Zapdos ignored...

Mystery Dungeon is its own franchise.

Aren't Samurai Warriors and Nobunaga's Ambition...two totally different games?

Samurai Warriors is just a more dinamic version of Nobnaga's Ambition, but yeah, I got things all messed up.

Wha?? Is that a mishapened Fraxure/Onondo? Are they making new Pokémon for this game or something?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom