• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

THIS LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING!!
Totally getting this if its localized.
Never heard of the other series, but the girls are cute, so its worth getting in my book.

Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

The only way this is getting out of Japan is if they downplay the crossover aspect of it and market it as Pokemon Feudal Tactics or something like that.

Re: "Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Has anyone ever played the source material before? What exactly can it be compared to?
Come to think of it, I've never even heard of Nobunaga's Ambition until now, and I research these things like a boss. Is it really obscure?

Another question: Why DS? 3DS has been around for a while (and already has Rumble Blast) and could use more support

That aside, from here the gameplay looks interesting. Graphically... not bad or good, but it definitely beats out Rumble Blast's. I really like the art.

Re: "Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

The game freak team probably have a lot of experience with the DS system and know the best ways to program for it to make games look good and operate well. It's also probably because they could make it cheaply and quickly on the DS since they have tools and experience for it. Putting it on the 3DS would take longer and require more money.

That seems more appropriate for Pokemon Reburst rather than the mainstream Pokemon series because really, how would Ash and co. interacting with Hidden Leaf shinobi make sense when one is more kid-friendly than the other?

That's true, but I'm kind of thinking the same thing for this series. It seems like Nobunaga is more war-based, while Pokemon is kid-friendly.

Some new, translated character info á la Serebiiforums:

KozunaiKururugi said:
Just thought I would point a few things out that the main site left off.

The man with the Infernape is Hideyoshi Hashiba/Toyotomi (depending on which name they will use). He was Nobunaga's right hand man, also called "The Monkey". He was also the one to take over Nobunaga's army after Nobunaga was killed.

Oichi, the girl with Jigglypuff, was Nobunaga's daughter.

Shingen Takeda, the one with Groudon, and Kenshin Uesegi, the one with Mewtwo, were arch-rival's.

The one with Articuno is named Mitsuhide Aketchi, he was part of Nobunaga's army, however; he was also the one to betray Nobunaga and killed him.

That's true, but I'm kind of thinking the same thing for this series. It seems like Nobunaga is more war-based, while Pokemon is kid-friendly.

Pokemon has the potential to be just as war based. The legends surrounding the legendary Pokemon for example, not to mention the Twin Heroes story with Reshiram/Zekrom. How they united Unova is very similar to how "Ambition" is played and the goal of uniting all of Feudal Japan through conquest.

I agree with The Outrage, I wish this game were canon. It could very easily have been set in the past of the Pokemon World. Maybe Mewtwo's appearance can be explained by Dialga or Celebi lol It could be plausible.

In any case this game looks epic, I seriously think that I may enjoy it as much as the main series.

Re: New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Shoot, I wanted Mega Man, another popular anime, or perhaps MLP, to cross over with Pokemon. :(

*facepalm*

I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully they will release this worldwide.

I'm going to hate the part when it's revealed to be Japan only due to licensing BS.....

Hopefully this gets a US release...unlike some other crossover serieses....

Well, it's been over a year since I've posted, but I couldn't ignore this announcement...

Has anyone ever played the source material before? What exactly can it be compared to?
Come to think of it, I've never even heard of Nobunaga's Ambition until now, and I research these things like a boss. Is it really obscure?
I've played the two most recent ones that have made it to the west; they're grand strategy games based off the Warring States period of ancient Japan. You pick from several starting years and control one of the various lords of the time and try to conquer the whole country.
Not the first thing I'd have thought of for a Pokemon game to cross with. Hilariously enough, I have made jokes that, having gotten so many other genres, Pokemon needed a game similar to Nobunaga's ambition or the similar Romance of the Three Kingdoms series.
It seems someone was listening and thought I was serious.

I'm going to hate the part when it's revealed to be Japan only due to licensing BS.....

Hopefully this gets a US release...unlike some other crossover serieses....
I wouldn't expect serious licensing problems (if Tecmo-Koei is cooperating to make this thing, they can cooperate to bring it over), though that doesn't mean this'll actually get brought over, though.

Wow, the BMG on the site is just beautiful <3 I really do hope it gets released internationally, otherwise I'm gonna have a really hard time playing it, though I don't think its unlikely too (then again, PMD3 still hasn't been so...)

I recall that Koei actually included another Nintendo franchise in a recent Samurai Warrior game...3 had Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame Jo as a playable character, and that game made it over here with Takamaru intact, so I guess that gives me hope.

Yes I saw this recently and I am worried that they are detracting from the original concept of the main series of Pokemon. I just hope they don't make a devastating cross over to the dark side of "merging".
Hell yeah, they should go all out with the whole Samurai thing. When I beat Shorts Kid, I don't want him to just give me his money, I want him to commit sepukku for tarnishing the reputation of knickerbockers.

As far as I can tell from the video, they're still battling pokemon.

I honestly don't know what people are talking about "detracting from the original concept" when it comes to spin-offs.

We've had a pin-ball game, a puzzle game, a game drawing circles, and a mystery dungeon game. There are no gym leaders, there may be some catching and training, but certainly not in the same way as the main series. How is this any different?

EDIT:

Did more research on the actual Nobunaga.

Here's the real guy's family crest, and you can see a Pokemon rendition on the character's chest.

I soooo wish this were more tied in to the main series given how they emphasized in Gen V that all the regions (even Unova) are all united.

I also hope they explain mewtwo, given its background. I would accept "ancient magic" as the means to its creation.

Last edited:

I've played a few of the Nobunaga's Ambition games, and they are awesome. This crossover is pretty exciting. I can't wait too see more gameplay and how the SRPG elements play out with the Pokémon.

And what is that a crossover with? :/
Mystery Dungeon is a separate series. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is Mystery Dungeon with Pokemon, quite literally.
I just realized that 17 castles = 17 types. :p
Our first Dark-type Gym will be in a spin-off! :0
I also hope they explain mewtwo, given its background. I would accept "ancient magic" as the means to its creation.
Ancient magic could be one---Celebi/Dialga sending him back in time could be another.

Ancient magic could be one---Celebi/Dialga sending him back in time could be another.
Ancient magic is an easier explanation. We'd need motivation from Celebi and Dialga :(
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Well, how about that. They certainly lived up to the 'shocking announcement' hype! I'm partial to SRPGs so I do hope it gets an English release. Perhaps if this goes well, we might see Pokémon in another crossover in the future.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I suppose this is the closest we'll get to a Dark-type Gym (I'm assuming that each castle is aligned with a type), eh what?

Does that mean we'll finally get a fucking Dark Type Gym? SWEETNES!!!!

I may be grossly going overboard, but its funny that this side game actually has the potential of being the (one of the) ultimate Pokemon games. If it were a canon story then it would beyond epic and good for the series.

The way people befriend Pokemon in the distant past could be easily explained by what N does in B/W. Could simply be an lost art. On the Mewtwo thing, I could see them (either ancient priest or Celebi/Dialga) sending him to the past with ancient magic, possibly for a "soul searching" type of plot.

On another note, I love the website's BGM as well. I hope the entire soundtrack is that good.

This game is a much needed break from the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger series. That said, I'm disappointed that it is a simulation game rather than an RPG, and like with the previous spin-off games, I don't see any connection to the main series canon. Game Freak have never given us the impression that the past of the Pokémon world was similar to that of feudal Japan, and if to be honest I think it should stay that way. It also seems that the legendaries are going to be downplayed compared to the warriors that control them. Hopefully, one day there will be a main series game set in the distant past.

I don't know what CoroCoro were thinking by hyping up a "world first" announcement, as this is almost certainly the game they're going to be covering until spring.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom