• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Wow, 27 pages of thread. forgive my time constraints having not scoured it all but I was wondering if I could get a mini-review.

It's just come out in the UK and I'm a big fan of tactical rpgs (Tactics Ogre; FFT; FFTA2; Disgaea etc) and want to play it but I'm getting conflicting reviews around the internet (naturally ofc but it's pretty bipolar for this title)

I'm hearing complaints about 'unnecessary and poorly implemented features' but 'pokemaniacs will love it'. 'It plays well on the DS' but 'fans of tactical rpgs should stay clear!'

TLDR, if i love the above mentioned games, will i like playing Pokemon Conquest?

thanks for your time guys :)

I think you will enjoy it. Despite what a lot of internet critics think, it is quite a good game. The Pokemon thing with abilities and that introduces a different aspect to the Tactical RPG that some other games don't have, along with a more wide variety of moves and different Pokemon, as opposed to like ten different classes etc. Personally, I am a fan of a lot of Tactical RPGs like the ones you mentioned, and while it is a bit different, it still incredibly fun none-the-less and I would definitely recommend it.

I've gotta say, the music in this game is phenomenal. Why is it that the side games always have such amazing music?

Wow, 27 pages of thread. forgive my time constraints having not scoured it all but I was wondering if I could get a mini-review.

It's just come out in the UK and I'm a big fan of tactical rpgs (Tactics Ogre; FFT; FFTA2; Disgaea etc) and want to play it but I'm getting conflicting reviews around the internet (naturally ofc but it's pretty bipolar for this title)

I'm hearing complaints about 'unnecessary and poorly implemented features' but 'pokemaniacs will love it'. 'It plays well on the DS' but 'fans of tactical rpgs should stay clear!'

TLDR, if i love the above mentioned games, will i like playing Pokemon Conquest?

I also saw very mixed reviews on this that got me wondering. Got the game and decided the game is Very good. ive logged in so many hours, and it has pretty good replay value. I have played all of the games youve listed, Disgaea being my favorite. Conquest has made its way to my 2nd favorite TRPG ive ever played (and ive played many) since youve played FFT and tactics ogre, its going to bother you that all pokemon only have 1 move they can use, and there is no y-axis/elevation amount visible, yet it applies to the game. There are enough pokemon to keep you occupied, its not as user friendly as i like (youll see what i mean when you start fiddling through specific warrior types), but youll eventually get used to it. IN CONCLUSION, great game. Try it.

I managed to get a Celebrate Eevee, evolved it into Umbreon and used it once. Unfortunately the one I wanted to turn into Glaceon lost energy, so I just beat the game with Espeon.

Also, I'm guessing the Hideyoshi + Reshiram doesn't appear on the WiFi download until after I meet the following requirements here?

Now that I've finished, I can safely say the story is very loose and nonexistent, but the game itself is far too entertaining to matter.

You can download the content at any time; it simply doesn't become active until you meet the requirements. The Reshiram download isn't a proper episode, per se; it simply allows Hideyoshi to link with Reshiram in any post-game episode where the conditions are met. The best episode to get Reshiram is Hideyoshi's own episode, as that's one of the few where he appears, and it's one of the best places to grind for Warlord evolution.

The post-game episodes are a little more interesting, as a good number of them are more than simply 'conquer all of Ransei,' but they're all very sparse. Apparently a fan of Nobunaga's Ambition/Japanese history in general would appreciate the post-game a bit more, but they're still entertaining glimpses at the other characters' motivations (especially Mitsuhide) for the unlearned like me.

I think the best thing to consider is that this is a Pokemon game first and foremost. I haven't played many tactical RPGs, but just going off the reputations of FFT and Disgaea, Pokemon Conquest is simply much easier and simpler in comparison. The real joy comes from linking (the equivalent of capturing in Conquest) with Pokemon and raising them, as it is in the main series.

Thanks guys! The pokemaster, Diezel and Renewal (hopefully these are tagged properly...) thanks for your insight. I'll try and see how it'll fit in to my planned purchases of Guild Wars 2 and Mists of Pandaria. Oh and Borderlands 2. Dammit! So many games so little money T_T

o/

I managed to get a Celebrate Eevee, evolved it into Umbreon and used it once. Unfortunately the one I wanted to turn into Glaceon lost energy, so I just beat the game with Espeon.

Also, I'm guessing the Hideyoshi + Reshiram doesn't appear on the WiFi download until after I meet the following requirements here?

Now that I've finished, I can safely say the story is very loose and nonexistent, but the game itself is far too entertaining to matter.

You can download the content at any time; it simply doesn't become active until you meet the requirements. The Reshiram download isn't a proper episode, per se; it simply allows Hideyoshi to link with Reshiram in any post-game episode where the conditions are met. The best episode to get Reshiram is Hideyoshi's own episode, as that's one of the few where he appears, and it's one of the best places to grind for Warlord evolution.

That's strange...I couldn't find it online. I only have "Motochika and Motonari", "Ranmaru's Story", Keiji's Story" and "Okuni's Story" listed for me.

Also, a quick glance at the intro, some of the post-game seems like "what if" episodes, like Hideyoshi's being a "what if he didn't join Nobunaga?"

That's probably what they boil down to; even ignoring other stories which are about uniting Ransei in the absence of the hero, a good number of the side stories are about smaller competitions among a select group of Warlords, just with a different protagonist and so a different victor.

At least the final episode is awesome.

Well, I've just single-handedly taken over Greenleaf with Hideyoshi...forgetting to equip the Guardian Charm ._.

I guess I could have technically not used Hanbei against Motochika. It's a bit more fun knowing that the other players will get stronger if I don't do anything, but right now, I'm kind of having mixed feelings about not being able to find Reshiram. On one hand, I don't mind not having Reshiram since I don't like Hideyoshi's final form, but if I was supposed to do a "what if Hideyoshi took over Ranse" it makes more sense for me to have Reshiram like Nobunaga having Zekrom.

What's really annoying is that Okuni's episode appeared yesterday, and I got that. Perhaps it only lists four episodes at a time? In which case, its kind of annoying because I keep going to Wifi and it keeps not showing Reshiram.

I'm pretty sure that the event to get Reshiram isn't active until July 30th. That's what I heard on Serebii and I was only able to only download the Okuni episode earlier today.

I've been playing this game so much since I got it. It's so addictive and I love it. Right now, I'm trying to get Registeel to appear, but I should probably wait until there's only one kingdom left for me to defeat so I don't risk losing more of my own kingdoms.

I've been playing this game so much since I got it. It's so addictive and I love it. Right now, I'm trying to get Registeel to appear, but I should probably wait until there's only one kingdom left for me to defeat so I don't risk losing more of my own kingdoms.

Registeel is only available in Ieyasu's episode, so you don't even need to worry about that last kingdom. For me, I just charged across the map, recruited the Warlords I wanted to evolve and dropping everyone else, and conquered every kingdom before grinding. Ieyasu's episode was a nice change of pace for me, since I didn't need to worry about anything but the total number of Pokemon.

Registeel is only available in Ieyasu's episode, so you don't even need to worry about that last kingdom. For me, I just charged across the map, recruited the Warlords I wanted to evolve and dropping everyone else, and conquered every kingdom before grinding. Ieyasu's episode was a nice change of pace for me, since I didn't need to worry about anything but the total number of Pokemon.

I heard about that earlier and I've already completed Ieyasu's episode, but I went back to it when I wanted to get Registeel. Both Ieyasu and Tadakatsu are at their second level and I have fifteen Pokemon in my army with their best link Pokemon. I think I just have to leave Ieyasu and Tadakatsu at Valora until I can get the Unifier Crystal, probably from saving it from a group of thieves after the farmers try to give it to me, so I can get to Registeel. I was talking about waiting until I have one more kingdom to defeat so I wouldn't have to worry about losing my kingdoms, even though the number of Pokemon is more important than anything else in this episode. I agree that it is kind of refreshing to just have to deal with getting one hundred Pokemon for these kind of episodes.

So I just let three or so years pass by in my game to let Nobunaga and Shingen get stronger since it wasn't very fun anymore, and while I was at it, multiple farmers begged me for money.

I gave 10 000 in total, but refused the last person. Does this really have any relevance or is it just me being a nice ruler spreading the wealth. And Motoharu needs to stop complaining about not getting to fight since Hanbei and Kanbei haven't been home in years >:

So I just let three or so years pass by in my game to let Nobunaga and Shingen get stronger since it wasn't very fun anymore, and while I was at it, multiple farmers begged me for money.

I gave 10 000 in total, but refused the last person. Does this really have any relevance or is it just me being a nice ruler spreading the wealth. And Motoharu needs to stop complaining about not getting to fight since Hanbei and Kanbei haven't been home in years >:

If you give three beggars money, then after a while, villagers will throw a celebration for you, and long story short they give you 3 really rare, quite useful items that are usually impossible to buy.

On the other hand, if you refuse all requests (like I once did), you end up with an angry mob event that takes down your energy.

If you give three beggars money, then after a while, villagers will throw a celebration for you, and long story short they give you 3 really rare, quite useful items that are usually impossible to buy.

On the other hand, if you refuse all requests (like I once did), you end up with an angry mob event that takes down your energy.
Kind of upset since I refused one...though a fourth one asked for money.

I am now in that part of the game where I am simply grinding for stuff, at least until the Reshiram event goes live, then I'm going to try to take over Dragnor with only Reshiram.

Also, where do you find that Devil Stone (or whatever its called) for Nobunaga's Zekrom?

I wondered what would happen if you refused the requests. I always give them the money they ask for since I usually collect so much and getting the three items rare items can be pretty cool.

So I've given multiple peasants money now...I guess it only counts if you give it three straight times in a row?

I also ditched Ginchiyo's Luxray for Zebstrika...and the one I linked with had a better link with me.

Pokémon Conquest - Random Field Events

So I looked at the random events that could happen...I really hope "Hostility" doesn't occur since that means Nobunaga will be able to challenge one of the three surrounding kingdoms I have him sealed in. Then again, if that ever happens, he'll effectively have split his army in half making it easier to take.

EDIT:
Just to clarify, a Zorua will randomly appear if I bring Kotaru into battle?

Last edited:
Pokémon Conquest - Random Field Events

So I looked at the random events that could happen...I really hope "Hostility" doesn't occur since that means Nobunaga will be able to challenge one of the three surrounding kingdoms I have him sealed in. Then again, if that ever happens, he'll effectively have split his army in half making it easier to take.

EDIT:
Just to clarify, a Zorua will randomly appear if I bring Kotaru into battle?

For the Hostility thing, it's only ever popped up when I'm utterly dominating in the first few months of the episode. If you're far enough into the game that you can actually seal Nobunaga off, then it's probably too l ate for it to pop up. And it's really only disastrous in the early stage of a match anyway, because it simply boosts the computer to match your highest link level. If you have a good number of strong warriors by the mid-to-late game (about two or three kingdoms worth), it's not problematic.

And yes, so long as the map isn't full. It only appears in random battles, within a kingdom, not battles against a computer Warlord. Just check before you enter the battle, and if there's one more Pokemon than displayed on the map, Zorua's there.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom