• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

OK, this is really starting to piss me off. Please, get your crap together, whoever runs the Conquest site.

The site has updated again.

They fixed the Ranmaru name mistake. Aya's still Ayagozen for some reason.

Apparently the Reshiram event starts on August 13th now.
It still entails me delaying everything just to get Reshiram. At this point, I think I'll just finish the Hideyoshi episode (unless I resort to password use) and just replay it with Reshiram early. I kind of wanted to do that initially given that Nobunaga seemed to rise to prominence because he had Zekrom.

I really want to play the Hanbei one. It reveals he's older than Kanbei, and implies he's also terminally ill (like his real world counterpart). In retrospect, they've been hinting at it with his stats as well. Even if he is young (which he's not) his Power stat is the lowest of all Warlords. Furthermore, he's always going on about how he's tired. Yeah, it kind of makes him look like an adorable sleepy-head, but then things get a bit grim when you realize his real-life counterpart suffered from tuberculosis, and one of the symptoms is chronic fatigue. It parallels with another fictional character whose ratings in physical strength is also incredibly low for his rank.

.................Well. That's horribly depressing.

I've already played through that episode and it was pretty fun. Though, I didn't pick up the implication that he's terminally ill. I just figured he was so laid-back that he slept a lot, especially since his Raichu starts to mimic his behavior after he gets to his second rank.. That a bit more depressing than I thought that they'd go with for this game.

It's likely Pikachu would have done that in Rank I as Pikachu, but not Raichu is his Best link in that form. It's possible that Hanbei's perpetual tiredness feeds into how his personality developed. Or he's mimicing them (you know, like how people say pets look like their owners sometimes)

My personal theory is that since humans and Pokemon seem to share a special bond in this game, such that both human and Pokemon get powered up by each other, that this results in a bit of personality leakage onto Pokemon they Best Link with.

It's likely Pikachu would have done that in Rank I as Pikachu, but not Raichu is his Best link in that form. It's possible that Hanbei's perpetual tiredness feeds into how his personality developed. Or he's mimicing them (you know, like how people say pets look like their owners sometimes)

My personal theory is that since humans and Pokemon seem to share a special bond in this game, such that both human and Pokemon get powered up by each other, that this results in a bit of personality leakage onto Pokemon they Best Link with.

Every time I've got Hanbei to join up in my army in another episode, his Raichu would lawn with him and he's in his rank two form. I could easily see how the personalities of the Warlords rub off on their best link Pokemon, especially when other best link Pokemon tend to have similar body movements as their humans do, at least in the case of the Warlords.

Seems like theyre covering up Hanbei's illness, yet telling us at the same time. To people who know his background or pick up on clues easier, he's ill. To children and the like, he's just incredibly lazy. Hence his Warrior Skill at Rank 2 is called "Lazybones". I like how they did that

Serebii reports Reshiram event for the 17th....but the site says 13th.

I honestly don't know what I consider to be "more reliable" at this point. Though, if its the 17th, it gives me more time to play other episodes.

I finally got around to starting my game last night, so I have a really noobish question:

How do you recruit wild Pokemon? I know how to get more warriors, but how do you link them with different Pokemon than the ones they come with?

I finally got around to starting my game last night, so I have a really noobish question:

How do you recruit wild Pokemon? I know how to get more warriors, but how do you link them with different Pokemon than the ones they come with?

Well, you have to advance the plot to where a man tells you how to do it. I don't think you can do it until then.

Well, you have to advance the plot to where a man tells you how to do it. I don't think you can do it until then.

Okay, that's what I figured. Thanks! I was afraid I was going into the game too blindly

Does the "special" button at the power plant ever farkin' work? Or does it only work after it's leveled up? (And when it does work, what does it do?)

Because I can only stand to have it explode in my face so many times.

This game just suffers from really bad interface and repetitive gameplay. It's annoying how you can't check the Warriors preferred type of Pokemon without digging through a bunch of screens. All I can say is that I finished the main story and one of the campaigns and I already have had enough.

Mystery Dungeon is still the king of Pokemon spin-offs for me.

And @Luna Tiger; the Power Plant works just fine. You have to push the button with one of your Warriors and take the remaining characters into battle in that Sky Garden thing. Wild Pokemon will appear in the second turn of the battle (usually 2 or 3).

And @Luna Tiger; the Power Plant works just fine. You have to push the button with one of your Warriors and take the remaining characters into battle in that Sky Garden thing. Wild Pokemon will appear in the second turn of the battle (usually 2 or 3).
I mean the button that the power plant owner will, on the rare occasion, offer for you to push. Where he goes, "wait, wait, try this!" ...And then it always explodes (I was being literal with that wording). So I'm wondering if it ever /works/, and if it does, what does it summon (and if it doesn't, does upgrading it fix the problem)?

And the wild pokémon show up on the first turn of the enemy's side. More power going in to push the button initially generates more pokémon to battle (like pushing the default button with Yoshimoto will get you two extra pogeys, but Yoshimoto+Hisahide = 4 more new pogeys).

This game just suffers from really bad interface and repetitive gameplay. It's annoying how you can't check the Warriors preferred type of Pokemon without digging through a bunch of screens. All I can say is that I finished the main story and one of the campaigns and I already have had enough.

Mystery Dungeon is still the king of Pokemon spin-offs for me.

While i completely disagree on your review of the game, I absolutely agree with this part. The interface could def use some work, especially when trying to match pokemon with their warrior/warlord. You wont need to look so much late game, though

After eight episodes I think I'm gonna call it quits at the end of the one I'm playing now. The AI just has no idea how to build and develop an army, which makes these post-game battles really unsatisfying. I kind of wish that they'd use the perfect link Pokemon I got for them instead of their pathetic starters. Now that would have been a real challenge.

I mean the button that the power plant owner will, on the rare occasion, offer for you to push. Where he goes, "wait, wait, try this!" ...And then it always explodes (I was being literal with that wording). So I'm wondering if it ever /works/, and if it does, what does it summon (and if it doesn't, does upgrading it fix the problem)?

And the wild pokémon show up on the first turn of the enemy's side. More power going in to push the button initially generates more pokémon to battle (like pushing the default button with Yoshimoto will get you two extra pogeys, but Yoshimoto+Hisahide = 4 more new pogeys).

At level 3, it's always worked for me when I've pressed it. Maybe upgrading does make it more likely to summon extra pokemon.

I'm playing Hanbei's episode, and recruited Okuni. Her Volcarona is ridiculously powerful, and I somehow managed to get her to be at 70% link where everyone else is at 50 the most on my opponent's side.

I love the game, but the main story was kind-a easy. I finished it in like four days. I never lost a fight.

This may be a noob-ish question, but it does get harder in the different episodes, right?

I love the game, but the main story was kind-a easy. I finished it in like four days. I never lost a fight.

This may be a noob-ish question, but it does get harder in the different episodes, right?

Of course it does lol. The first story, you rarely get attacked, and it's like an introduction to the game. Post-game stories all have fully functioning AIs that attack you and each other, and recruit their own Pokemon and Warriors, etc. It gets a lot more fun, and the post-game stories are a lot more difficult.

Of course it does lol. The first story, you rarely get attacked, and it's like an introduction to the game. Post-game stories all have fully functioning AIs that attack you and each other, and recruit their own Pokemon and Warriors, etc. It gets a lot more fun, and the post-game stories are a lot more difficult.

KK I thought that was the case, I just thought I'd ask because I wasn't going to waste time if it's that easy all the way through the game. The main game was just so stupidly easy.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom