• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Creepypasta V.2 (Read First Post Before Posting)

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Alright, there were a few problems with the last thread, but it was overall fine and well-liked. So, this is a new leaf for that thread. A few rules MUST be followed, though:

1. No posting art or stories unless they're properly credited and a link is provided to where you found them. If you wrote/drew it yourself, just make sure to mention that. Failure to do so will result in...some type of infraction (I'll figure it out and edit this post. Though, really, the fact that it's ANY infraction should surely warrant NOT doing so).

2. Feel free to discuss the stories and art posted, feel free to request SPECIFIC kinds, and feel free to discuss Pokemon creepypasta in general. Do not post JUST say "post more" ("post more (insert something specific here)" will be fine, though). This is spam. And we have an infraction just for that.

3. Feel free to re-post stories and art from the last thread provided you follow the first rule when doing so. And, just to clarify, that thread will NOT be viewed as a proper place to link back to. So, if you ONLY saw it there, don't re-post it unless you wrote/drew it yourself. Find the proper creator and follow rule #1.

4. Every other rule that normally applies to the site applies here.

Well, since we're allowed to post our own written ones, I'm going ahead an posting Inferno to get us started off on a good foot.

The most recent pokemon game I own is Platinum; and I love Platinum very much.

I had completed the game once, though not very seriously, and had recently restarted it, intending on playing the game super seriously this time; I was going to complete the dex to the best of my ability without wifi (which meant not more than 300 or so but it was something to look forward to).

Finally, I defeated the Elite Four and completed my National dex and had access to the battle frontier and everything else.

I had never been very good at the frontier battles, and I didn't want to go to the resort, so I went up the path that led to the survival area, because I wanted to met Buck again and do the Stark Mountain thing.

By the time I reached Stark Mountain, my Empoleon was level 88 and I had 100 of every repel, so I knew I'd get through it quickly.

I scaled the mountain, battled Mars and Jupiter, and got to the part where Buck teams up with you when I looked up at my clock and realized it was three in the morning.

I let out an aggravated hiss; I had to be up at 7 to drive 40+ miles to my dad's to babysit my step-nieces.

I saved the game, shut it off, and plugged it up to it's charger so the battery would be full for tomorrow.

I tossed and turned for what felt like forever but when I looked at the clock, it still said three o'clock.

I thought this strange, as surely even a minute must have passed with all my turning, but dismissed it and picked up my game again, deciding that I could play for a little while longer, at least until I was settled enough to sleep.

When I turned it on, I was in the same spot, just a few steps past where Buck teams up with you but... Something was off.

After walking around in Stark mountain for a moment, I realized what it was; there were no trainers.
Then I looked closer.
Everywhere that there was supposed to be a trainer, there was just a slightly dark spot that I could walk over, and would leave three dark foot prints that would faded afterwards, like when walking in sand.

I bit my lip, worried. I had never used any cheats or codes, so why was my game glitched?

I dismissed it however, and continued on. Maybe it was only trainers inside Stark mountain that were affected; I had battled people outside, and Mars and Jupiter at the beginning.

I finally reached the inner cave where Charon and Looker were... only they weren't there.

A question mark appeared above Buck's head, and he turned to me. "Isn't this where they were heading?" He asked. Then the screen violently moved back and forth, indicating that in the game the ground was shaking.
After it stopped, Buck told me to stay there and darted to the back of the cave and dissappeared.
I disobeyed his order and followed him, and found the entrance to another cave; something that had most definately never been there before.

Reluctantly, I went through.

The first thing I noticed where two dark spots, on either side of me, then I noticed Buck and Charon just at the edge.

They seemed to be talking, but my sprite couldn't hear them. Then... Charon's sprite blinked once, and then was just... gone... replaced by a dark spot...

I felt my stomach bottom out as I finally realized what those dark spots were... they were blood...
Buck noticed me, an exclamation point appearing above his head, and he rushed over to me.
He started to say something but instead of text my game started making this annoying, grating sound repeatedly that sounded like... my alarm clock?

I jerked awake, sitting up and looked around dazedly.

My game was still sitting innocently on it's charger.

Still slightly confused, I got up and turned off my alarm clock and fixed myself breakfast.
As I was getting dressed, curiousity got the better of me and I picked up my game.
The normal intro was displayed, but... Giratina didn't give it's cry, and it looked like it was crying.

I went on ahead anyway, and I was right where I saved but... Where was Buck?
I took a step forward and my sprite stopped... Buck appeared from nowhere and approached me.
"You understand why I did this, right? They were all defiling the mountain."
Then a yes or no box appeared.
I selected no.
Buck made the same impatient movement Barry does.
"Are you going to tell the police?"
Yes/no?
Yes.

The impatient movement again.
"How can you not understand? Do you not know what it's like to... No, nevermind. I'll show you."
I frowned at that.
Show me? Show me what?
All of a sudden my cell phone rang.

It was my step-mom.
I glanced at my clock. I wasn't late, so why was she calling?
I answered, and she was sobbing. She told me that while my step-sister had been driving over to the house, she had been hit by a drunk driver, and that she and my step-nieces had died in the fire caused when the engine exploded.

My heart skipped a beat, and my face paled.
I looked back at my game screen and noticed that was text.
I dropped my cell phone.
"See? How does it feel? Are you going to tell police?"
Yes/No?
No.

"Good. I'm glad you see things my way. There are still a few more grunts to take care of; you should leave." And he walked away.
My sprite left and Stark mountain was forever inaccessible to me; even after I restarted the game again...

I've been stalking this forum for almost a month now (well, the old one) and decided to join X) I've decided to write a little creepy pasta of my own and I really hope it doesn't suck, give me some constructive criticism please ;) But not to harsh cuz this is my first I've ever wrote xD

First of all I'd like to say that I'm half making this up as I go along. . .kinda winging it. . . Ya. . . cuz I'm smart like that. . .
And second of all I'd like to mention that some of this story is real and some fake, but of course I stretched the truth a bit so it'd be more interesting.

Some things that are true:
-My brother got me into pokemon
-I name some of my pokemon after people I know IRL.
-I gave my Crystal version to my cousin

And much more, but it wouldn't be as fun if I told them all (Yes some of the creepy parts are real as well.)

(Be warned the first 2 paragraphs are boring recaps but effect the story.)

Corrupt Crystal (A.K.A: Stay Here FOREVER):

Corrupt Crystal (A.K.A: Stay Here FOREVER):

My love for pokemon all started when I was three. I would sit on my couch and watch my brother -who was eight at the time- play his Gameboy color, which was cutely designed with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Togepi on it. On Easter when I was about 4 or 5, my grandma bought him Pokemon Gold, and that's were my trip to Fear Island began. Or, at least that's how I felt about it.

About a year later I heard about a new pokemon game called "Crystal" and decided that I wanted to get it for myself, at least then my brother would have no reason to get mad at me for playing his game. I ended up getting it and played it for DAYS. I never stopped playing it, but a few years later I had finished everything in the game and decided to give it to my cousin.

As the years passed I played all the new pokemon games all the way up to Platinum. One day I decided to try out my Crystal again, but after searching for it awhile, I remembered I gave it away to my cousin. I also couldn't find my brothers gold version. My guess is it's battery ran dry and he threw it away. I decided to take my chances and go to GameStop and pray they had some old pokemon games. To my dismay as I looked through the small glass case I found there was no pokemon games, well at least not the one I was searching for. Only an old, worn out, black pokemon pinball cartridge. Definitely not my thing. I went up to the cashier and out of sheer hope, asked him if he happened to have any more old pokemon games. He looked thoughtful for a second. Almost. . . worried? No, why would he be. I was only asking for a game. He finally replied, "Well. . .yes, we have one, but I don't think it works anymore." I asked him if I could see the game for a second. He nodded and I picked the game up from out of his hand. A smile stretched out across my face as I noticed it was Crystal version. The game I loved so much. I didn't take a second to look closer at the cartridge, my heart was beating too fast out of excitement. I quickly asked him how much he wanted for it. Their was that worried look on his face again as he replied, "Just take it for free. . ."

When I got home I started up the game on my Gameboy Advanced, seeing as my brothers old Gameboy Color broke. Oh how I miss that Gameboy. Well, it seemed that cashier was wrong, the game works fine, but there was no save file on it, that kind of made me sad. I was looking forward to seeing the previous owners team. I decided to make my starter pokemon Cyndaquil and name it Brandon, which was my brothers name. My brother was a big fan of fire types and took pride in his Typhlosion, well, when he was a kid at least. Now he's in college and of course, grew out of pokemon. On the other hand I'm in high school and still hold a dear love for it. But anywho, I started my adventure with 'Brandon' and soon ran into my rival. What was kinda odd was that after defeating him it didn't give me the choice of naming him. I went out of New Bark Town and into the grass to see what pokemon I would find. I ran into a cute little Sentret and thought of my boyfriend (What? They're both so cute and cuddly looking.) And thus, caught it and named it Jake, which was of course, my boyfriends name.

After playing the game for a few hours I decided to get some rest, I needed to get to class on time due to my dreaded mid term tests. I popped the game out of my Gameboy and that's when I noticed it. Now I could see why the cashier didn't think it would work. I don't see how I couldn't have noticed it before, it kinda looked like someone tried to cut through the cartridge with the blade of a pencil sharpener. The cuts were deep and on the label the word 'Pokemon' was scratched out, as though someone violently tried to get rid of it. I flipped the cartridge over and there was a word I could see very clearly, it said "FATE" In large letters. It was kind of creepy, but I shrugged it off.

The next day I went back to playing Crystal, but this time when I clicked the 'Continue' button, something odd appeared. The old Lavender Town music started to play except kind of slower then usual, and a dialogue box appeared with the words "One more". My heart raced fast. I was really freaked out and I quickly pressed the 'A' button to get the creepy scene off. I was quickly placed back to where I had saved my game the night before and breathed a heavy sigh of relief. I had just beaten the first gym leader and was heading to Azalea Town. While I was in the grass I ran into a Mareep, and as I always do, I caught it and named it after yet another person I know. My best friend Lucy, who was always so refined and ladylike. After the battle ended, I could have swore the screen went black for a second, but decided it was just my imagination. I soon beat the second gym leader and began my fight with my rival on my way into Ilex Forest. What was strange was that his name was 'F'. Nothing more, just that single letter. He sent out his first pokemon. Actually, his only pokemon. What? I thought the rival was supposed to have three pokemon by now? His pokemon was a Totodile, still level 5, named 'Run'. This game was starting to really make me shiver, this kind of stuff had never happened to me before. I quickly beat him with Lucy, but after the battle was done, instead of going back to where I was, the screen was black and the Victory Road music played quietly and slower then normal, much slower.

I clicked the down arrow on the D-pad and to my luck the screen lightened up a bit, but not completely, I was scared to death at this point. I had no idea what was going on with my game. My beloved old Crystal version? Ha! More like a game that was sent up straight from hell! Well, I suppose it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. . .or at least not yet. I continued to walk downwards until the screen was no longer dark at all, there were three paths now. I could continue to go down, or go left or right. I chose down. I continued to walk until I reached what seemed to be a large white room. There were tombstones everywhere and my rival was at the bottom, there was no other way to go so I walked up to my rival and clicked on him. A battle started, his name was now "FA" but this time he had a level 20 Croconaw named 'Stay Away' and seemed to have scars on his sprite, though I couldn't tell due to the lack of color on the pixels. But strangely, instead of sending out Jake who was at the front of my party, it sent out what I thought was Brandon. I was shocked when I saw his name was "No.". Just a simple no. He was the same level as Brandon, and had the same attacks and everything. Oddly enough, I beat the Croconaw in one turn with tackle.

The screen flashed black and when it regained color I was no longer in the white room, I was at mount silver, but Red wasn't there this time. The female lead of Crystal was standing in his place. Naturally I went up and battled her. Her name was 'FATE' and she appeared to have a team of 3 pokemon. She sent out her first pokemon. A Pikachu with a large, well edited gash on it's neck and pure white eyes named 'Stay'. I sent out 'No.' once again, but he was a Typloshion this time. His sprite was headless. The only attack it knew was Curse, so that's what I used. Pikachu also used Curse. Our pokemon's health withered away until we fainted at the same time. This time she sent out 'Here' who was a Teddiursa with a face that appeared to be slightly torn under the eyes, and it had no eyes. The game didn't let me choose who to sent out, it made me send out Lucy, who was now a Flaffy named 'NO!'. My Flaffy only knew the move " Struggle". Once again our pokemon used the same attacks until we both fainted. And finally I sent out Jake, with a new name without a doubt. He was now a Furret named "NEVER". And FATE sent out a eerie bone colored Celebi named "FOREVER" who had no eyes and appeared to be bleeding from where it's eyes should be. Furret only had the attack "Tackle". Celebi used Destiny Bond and Furret 1 hit KO-D Celebi.

The battle ended and FATE and I appeared to be surrounded by pixelated piles of blood. The screen suddenly went black and a dialogue box appeared saying "Are you happy now?" the game then started making a disgusting screeching noise and started flickering red. The screeching stopped a few seconds later and it now showed FATE standing in front a tombstone (I could tell it was FATE because her sprite looked slightly more pale then mine.) A dialogue box then appeared saying "Stay here FOREVER" and then the screen faded to black and the dialogue box then said my file went corrupt. Let's just say I'm not going back to GameStop to buy old games anytime soon.
Yes I know, it fails xD Constructive criticism? <3 :)

Last edited:
I'm interested in writing my own now. However, I think one that is in progress would fit the bill. Rayaria should get some kind of reward for the first one though. It attracted like over 20 new members.

I've been lurking in the other thread for a while now and pretty much read all 70 pages and thinking of maybe writing my own based on Trapinch's Pokedex Entry:
Its nest is a sloped, bowl-like pit in the desert. Once something has fallen in, there is no escape.

Trapinch is a patient hunter. It digs an inescapable pit in a desert and waits for its prey to come tumbling down. This Pokémon can go a whole week without access to any water.

Any sugestions?

Last edited:
New thread, eh? Well, I might as well repost the one I had in the original thread. Written by me, and based partly off of true events.

Four years ago....

I was fooling around with my Emerald version. And an Action Replay. Through expiramentation, I had discovered that by using a code to make you end up in a specific place when you walk through a door allowed me to, with good timing, make off with three of the Battle Factory's rental Pokemon, in exchange for my current team. I had boxed all my Pokemon except a random Snorunt, so it was no problem.

As I recieved my rentals and was led to the door, I pressed the buttons. Which ones I pressed were uncertain. This was four freakin' years ago. But I digress.

As expected, when I walked through the door, I found myself in the Mirage Tower. I checked my party. There, at level 100, bearing my trainer ID, were three of the Battle Factory's rentals. To this day, however, I only remember one of them; a Slowking.

Anyway, I went off to some city to restore my party. Castform... Linoone... Shiftry... Swampert... Wynaut... Oops.

My Pelipper was gone.

This was bad. Evidentially, I had forgotten to remove Pelipper from my team before stealing the rentals.

I was a little broken up, I fully admit. After all, Pelipper had been part of my team since Ruby. Pelipper's life flashed before my eyes... A rookie trainer and his Nuzleaf weakening a wild Wingull.... Wingull evolving.... Pelipper's well-timed Protects allowing me to own Norman's ridiculous Slaking.... Random scenes of Pelipper claiming victory in battle, or flying me wherever I told it to....

Eventually, I got over it, and captured another Wingull. Same place as I caught the first one in Ruby as well; Route 210.

PRESENT DAY:

The years had passed. Pelipper's disappearance faded from my mind. I had since released the stolen rentals. My new Wingull evolved into a Pelipper and followed the rest of my team from Emerald to Pearl, from Pearl to Platinum, and from Platinum to HeartGold.

One day, I was rooting through a pile of junk in my room (I am by no definition a clean freak), and found my Emerald Version. For lack of anything better to do, I decided I'd start a new game. After all, I had made sure that everything of value got transferred over to Pearl, all those years ago. I booted up the game, and clicked New Game on the menu. So far everything was going smoothly.

Then, the screen went black. For a moment, no music began to play. Then, I heard it. Mt. Pyre's music, only low-pitched and slower than usual. I frowned. This was not normal. Then, a dialogue box popped up on the screen, and words formed, but with agonizing slowness.

"...You...

...You abandoned me..."

My eyebrows raised. Was my Emerald version somehow altered from being buried in a pile of junk in a teenager's bedroom for who knows how long?

"...You...

...You KILLED me..."

At this point, my eyes were wide. I started to sweat. What the hell was going on here?

The unnerving text continued, still slowly.

"...You killed me...

...Killed me with your greed..."

At that point, the screen flashed white for a moment, but in that moment, I could easily make out a sihlouette, that of a Pokémon I knew all too well. At that point, my lips saw fit to speak.

"P-p-pelipper?" I whispered.

"...You killed me at the Battle Factory..."

"No..." I whispered. I could not help it. A terrible sense of dread crept throughout my body, though I knew it was only a game.

"...Forgot I was there...

...Left me for dead...

...And for what? Three POKéMON...

...They do not belong to you...

...You do not deserve them...

...Murderer..."

The screen flashed again, once more exposing Pelipper's sihlouette, only this time with blood-red spots where the eyes ought to have been.

I was close to tears at this point. "No..." I gasped. "Pelipper! I didn't mean to!"

At this point, the text continued.

"...And now, you seek to destroy the evidence...

...Your kind don't deserve new games...

...However...

...I will let you start a new game.

...We shall see how far you go...

...Mufufufufu......"

At that point, the game started acting normal. Professor Birch greeted me and asked me my name. Starting to calm down, I began playing. Everything went normal.

One thing unnerved me, however. When I talked to the Vigoroth movers, instead of their cry and the weird text that accompanied it, they made no noise, and the text box read "...".

Nothing else weird happened, so I left the house and proceeded as normal. Then it came time to recieve my starter, so I proceeded to Route 101.

"H-H-HELP MEEEEE!"

Odd, I don't remember Birch's cry for help being in all caps. My sprite hurried over. And I almost passed out in shock.

A Pelipper was chasing Birch.

As it had Birch cornered, Birch said to me, "Hey, you! Over there! In my bag! There's a POKé BALL!"

Perfectly normal, right? Wrong. It continued;

"It's going to kill me!"

Unnerved greatly by that, I hurridly picked Treecko, and the battle began.

This was wrong. As soon as the battle began, I knew this was going to end very, very badly. The music, rather than the normal wild Pokémon music, was a low-pitched, slow, distorted version of the weather trio battle music. And as the sprite slid across the screen, I almost gagged. Pelipper's sprite had no eyes, just empty sockets. There was a large crack in the side of the bill, and bones were poking out of its wings. Its cry sounded like the cry it makes when it faints. It was male and level 100, but its HP appeared to be at one.

And the text read "Your PELIPPER appeared!"

I sent out Treecko, and pointless though it was, selected Pound.

Oddly enough, Pelipper didn't attack first, though it might as well have. Instead of using Pound, the text read "TREECKO is too scared to move!"

Then Pelipper used Ice Beam. One of the moves my own Pelipper knew.

Treecko fainted. The game, however, said "TREECKO died!"

And then my sprite came into battle. More text appeared.

"PELIPPER: ...You will never kill again..."

"PELIPPER used SHOCK WAVE!" Another move my Pelipper had known.

Without any more text, the attack animation happened. My sprite slid downward. And the screen turned red.

Then, a text box appeared.

"PELIPPER: ...Now I can rest..."

And the screen went black.

After four seconds, the most horrible screeching noise assaulted my ears. Far worse than the usual game-freeze screech. It was inhuman, unearthly. I quickly shut the game off.

Foolishly hoping that would fix the problem, I turned the game back on. But no Game Boy Advance logo. Immediately, the screen went black and a text box appeared. Words appeared, with the same excruciating slowness as Pelipper's had.

"...Now it's SNORUNT's turn..."

With a mustache.

Since we're allowed to re–post... I think I'll repost Snow on Mt. Silver, since it's my favorite one, even more than Black and Lost Silver. Found here here.

EASTER EGG - SNOW ON MT. SILVER

So, my brother and I, we kinda grew up on pokemon. Around here a lot of kids did. It worked out perfectly for us, too- every time a new gen came out one of us would get one version, one of us would get the other, and since our mum liked to spoil us a bit we both got the 3rd one. This is going to sound, at first, like a bittersweet story about two siblings who grow up with a couple of games that eventually take them down two different roads… Well, it’s a little more than that.

The years rolled by, we kept collecting. Gameboys got old; we replaced them. Cartridges finally gave out, we picked up new copies. But we started down two completely different roads before R/S/E came out. See, around then my brother got a Gameshark. We had heard all the hacks and cheats you could do with them, even if we were kind of late to the party, and they sounded awfully cool.
Our first guinea pig cartridge was my brother’s old Blue version. We just dicked around with it a little bit, nothing major. But whatever we did fucked the cartridge up. After just a couple of code entries, it glitched out completely and became unplayable. Naturally we were upset at first; my brother mourned the loss of his hours of work, and I was sympathetic. I told him, “It’s okay, we can replace it I guess. Stupid shark was a waste of money.”
But here our paths finally differed. After seeing the mess it had turned Blue version into, I had become opposed to the idea of hacking or cheating any of my games. (What can I say? I’m a chick. I feel feelings for the little pixel-critters.) At least with that gameshark. But my brother had taken his game’s destruction as a personal challenge or something- don’t think he ever played a game after that which wasn’t hacked somehow. Yeah, we played a shit ton of pokemon, man. But for us there really wasn’t much else to do; we live way out in the country without many other kids, and the farmers didn’t want us on their property… so… we played pokemon out on the lawn just about all day, every day. It was pretty awesome to us, at least.
We lost the gameshark when our rooms got moved around. A new addition was built onto our house and it disappeared in the mess of shit that got stuffed into the new closet.

R/S/E arrived, and after playing through them once we were both in agreement that they were definitely lacking in comparison to the last gen. We both tried another honest play-through, and though we managed to finish, it left us both yearning for some good old-fashioned nostalgia. Where were our old G/S/C cartridges, though? It took us probably a month to dig through the boxes we’d been too lazy to open up before, but we finally found one full of a shitload of all our old electronics: My old purple Gameboy Color still worked, his red one could no longer hold batteries in place. Both of our GBAs were fine, though, along with our snakelights and link cables, that one with the nifty little connector in the middle that I had always wrapped up oh-so-carefully to avoid fraying the wires and condemning it to the trash like our last cable.
We both grabbed up everything we could. It was so nice to have Yellow (which had been my first and most cherished game of any series, not just pokemon) and Red and Gold back.
We went through the motions of checking our old files, taking in all the old memories, and eventually we figured the gen 1 stuff was just too nostalgic to get rid of. I restarted Gold, he restarted Silver. Immediately he snatched the Gameshark out of the box and slipped it into the back of his GBA. I just shook my head at him. I remember what I said to him.

“That thing will kill your game, you know.”

He never had liked me preaching to him about ‘abusing pixels.’ I shut my mouth after that, but it had put him off playing with me. I guess it was just one time too many or something; I oughta know to keep my thoughts to myself, really…

It was a couple of days later that it happened. I was out on the porch, gameboy in-hand, just about to go into the E4 when I realized I needed a little help. My team was ill-balanced thanks to my playing through for leisure, and at the time I was no great trainer that could pull off gimmick runs. I knew that my brother had been two badges ahead of me when we’d last checked with one another, so I was hoping maybe he’d let me borrow a poke or two just for this run-through.
Now, the thing is that I’d spent the last 24 hours at a friend’s place. I had literally come home, dumped my bag in my room, and crept out into the sun with my GBA to play. I had no idea what he’d been up to. For all I knew he was done with the game and onto a new one… which, I figured, was all the better for me since he wouldn’t need those pokemon and I’d stand a better chance of nicking a few. So I got up and went into the house, and when I was crossing the living room I noticed all of his pokemon games lying on the floor. Some of the cartridges had been mangled, like they’d been hacked at with something sharp. Even his old Blue version, long ago dead and too sentimental to throw away, was lying with the plastic cut ragged, split almost halfway up one side, completely unusable anymore even if it would have worked.
I was a little scared. This had to have happened this morning, otherwise our mum would have seen and they wouldn’t be lying on the carpet. Tucking my GBA into my pocket, I crept over to his room and found the door unlocked. Somehow that was even more concerning.

I walked in and found my brother sitting on the edge of his bed. His GBA was in pieces on the floor at his feet, smashed to bits. Next to him on the bed were a hammer and our mother’s gardening scissors. His face was paler than I’d ever seen it, whiter than the time we’d gone corning and the old guy up the street, legally blind and a raving nutcase, had come and chased us into the trees with a shotgun. It was now I also noticed the gameshark on the ground, and a silver cartridge corner poking from under his bed. Somehow they had been spared the wrath of the hammer.

“Are you okay?” I asked. I remember the chills that ran through me. He was my little brother. Seeing him like this was horrifying.
“It was awful,” I remember him rasping, and the way his voice rattled made my knees weak. “Oh god. White everywhere, and then BLACK…”

I remember running over and hugging him. And I remember, his limp arm fell and brushed the gameboy in my pocket, and his sudden scream, right in my ear, making me jump and bite my tongue by accident. He ripped the handheld from my pocket and hurled it at the far wall. I cried out at the dent the plastic system made there, running over to collect it. The screen had gone dark, and though I feared the worst when I flicked the switch it powered up normally. I waited there in the corner, trying to pretend the GBA mattered enough not to go and run for our mum.

The volume was on.

The pokemon theme started up, and he screamed again, picking up the hammer. This time /I/ screamed, too, and ran from the room with my GBA clutched to my chest like a shield.

He ended up in the psyche ward of the hospital for two days. When we went to visit him, I left my GBA at home. No one could figure out what had set off his strange, manic behavior. There was some talk that I didn’t understand at the time about some kind of disorder he may or may not have had, but even though mum and I had collected and brought in all the cut-up cartridges to be looked at (mum’s idea, not mine), no one had even thought to tie it back to the game… maybe that was my fault. I hadn’t said a word about what had happened when he had accidentally touched my Gameboy, or the blind, white terror he had been thrown into when the music had started.
On my last visit to the hospital before school on the second day, I was left alone in the room with him while mum had some private talk with the doctor about precautions to take should this happen again. I sat in a chair next to the bed where he was staring at the ceiling. But then suddenly he sat up, making me flinch.
“Hey,” he told me, “Angie. Go in my room when you get home.”

I didn’t understand what he meant, and then I remembered the things we hadn’t packed up and brought in… the game and the hacking tool under his bed.

“Get rid of them. I don’t ever want to play with them ever again.”

His voice was so weary and desperate… he sounded like an old man on his deathbed. My poor, damaged little brother… how could I refuse?

“Promise you’ll get rid of them.”

“Okay. I promise.”

I was carted off to school late, and through the whole day I only had my promise to him in my head. I didn’t know it at the time, but this would be the last time that I could ever play the big-sister role and help him out. I just had to get home and get rid of that game… but as the day went on a sick curiosity started to go through my own head. What could possibly have happened to that game that scared him so badly? I was scared, myself, but I just had to know. I had to.

I got home and went right into his room, bent on uncovering whatever horror was waiting for me. Mum had since vacuumed the room, and the cartridge and gameshark were no longer visible. I got down and crawled half under the bed, feeling timid but holding onto the promise I made as my badge of courage. Under the bed there was enough dust to make me cough, enough old legos and various other toys that I couldn’t set my elbow down without it landing on something. But I finally saw both objects. They’d been shoved to the corner, on top of a notebook that looked too new to have been down here long. Unthinking, I grabbed the corner of the paper and dragged everything out with me, still wheezing from the dust. (Allergies and all.)
They looked so innocent, simple toys and a simple, spiral-bound bunch of papers. When I set Silver version and the gameshark on the floor, I took a closer look at the notebook. On it were scrawled at least twenty different cheat codes, but one had been scratched out with sharpie over where it had initially been drawn in with pen. This was confusing. He had REALLY tried to erase it out- the marker had been pressed to the paper so hard that ink soaked through most of the pages behind it, almost 2/3rds of the way to the card-stock back cover. But pen has a way of sticking around. I picked up the notebook and tilted it backward in the light, and the reflective surface of the sharpie revealed the indents that had been left where he’d written. The code was an unintelligible mess of letters and numbers, but the words next to it confused me.

“Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver”

I remembered what he had said when I’d found him… he had been raving about white, white and then black… could he mean snow? Even though it was only August and the temperature was still climbing to 90 degrees every day, a chill ran down my spine. Did I dare…?

I picked everything up and brought it to my room, and laid it out on the carpet in front of me with my own GBA next to it. For a long time I just stared down at it, and the longer I looked, the more maniacal Lugia’s face became on the sticker… like some kind of twisted grin, like it was daring me to find out what had happened to my brother. I was a 14 year old kid. Did I really want to tempt fate and risk ending up like him? I glared down at Lugia for awhile longer.

I had to see.
I slid Gold out of my GBA and stuck Silver in in its place. It took me almost 15 minutes to compose myself and turn it on.

It started up normally. I left the sound on low, too afraid of what I might hear to keep it up the full way, and too curious to turn it the whole way off. The title screen was normal, too. Lugia again, but somehow menacing despite my common sense telling me it was exactly the same picture as every other time I had started up the game. How bad could this be? I asked myself. His notes said Easter egg. Didn’t that mean that that was coding already in the game?
The menu came up… still absolutely normal. His character was Blake, with a mostly filled pokedex… but the time was odd. 999:99. I KNEW he couldn’t have been playing that long… I had barely logged 50 hours on my own game and I was at the E4… and I was playing slowly. Probably the result of his hacking fucking up his file, I thought. Well, whatever then…
The game started up, and the first thing I noticed was the prolonged black screen. It took almost a minute for anything to change… and there was no sound at all. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up already, but it was too late to turn back.

Finally, a very dim sort of map came onto the screen… but it looked like static. What was going on? I squinted down and realized with a fearsome pang that it was actually the Mt. Silver map… but what I thought was static was heavy-falling snow. So this was where he had last saved his game. I checked his party… a very normal team for someone who’d been using a Gameshark: Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Pidgeot, Tyranitar, Lugia, all level 100 with modded moves… typical for him. Something about the sprites was… strange, though. They seemed sullen, in a way. Their colors seemed washed-out, and their expressions lacked the usual vigor they normally had. I chalked this up to missing pixels or something, also due to the hacking…
The map had brightened up just a smidgeon when I closed out of the start menu. Indeed, snow was somehow falling very heavily; pixels danced across the screen so fast it was hard to see the little sprite that was my brother’s character. Something was off about him, too. When I checked the information, it was the same as the pokemon sprites; the colors were dull. In fact, now that I thought about it, he almost looked frostbitten.

My stomach tightened, and I turned and tried to move back down the mountain. As I hit the bottom of the screen, words popped up, and there was finally a sound – my sprite hitting an invisible wall.

“I can’t turn back now.”

That was… unsettling. I went into my pokemon and tried to use Pidgeot’s ‘Fly’ ability.

“I can’t fly in this!” obviously referring to the snow.

‘Fuck this,’ I thought, going into his bag. There was an escape rope. I tried using it.

“I can’t go back anymore.”

What was going on? Once again, I tried to walk back down the mountain, and to my horror the words changed with every attempt.

“I can’t run away.”
“I can’t go back down.”

“I can never go back.”

This last one sent a frigid feeling through my heart. There was no way down the mountain. I had to climb. Turning the little sprite around, I moved him forward.

No resistance at all, though my walking speed was oddly slow. What was truly weird was the lack of grass, of trainers, of anything at all but that white snow, which still blew across the screen and made it almost impossible to see.
As I moved further “up” the mountain, his walking speed became slower, and slower. The static curtain of pixels grew thicker, so that I could barely make out the features of the map… but it seemed like the only way to move was straight ahead anyway. I reached what looked like a set of stairs at the very top edge of the screen. I didn’t remember this being there before. As I tried to move up, the little sprite paused.

“I’m cold.”

By now even I was getting goosebumps. His walking speed had become painfully slow, as if somehow he was being impeded. Up the little staircase…

More text on the screen.

“Meganium has died.”

What the fuck, I thought. Pokemon don’t die in these games. I checked in my party, and was frightened and confused by what I saw.

Meganium’s sprite had been replaced by a red X. All of my other pokemon sported varying degrees of damage, though I hadn’t battled once. I went into my bag and found a single revive, and tried to use it.

“It’s too late,” it said. What kind of easter egg was this?

There wasn’t much else I could do… trying to turn around yielded the same messages as before. So I kept moving.

“Pidgeot has died.”

I checked again… sure enough, there was the little red X. This time I selected it and looked at the pokemon itself, trying to figure out what was wrong… I wished I hadn’t.
The sprite was mangled; pieces of it were missing. What was left was splotched with a sickish blue-grey color, and its eye was a solid black pit. I flipped down to Meganium- same deal, a leg missing, a chunk of its neck, most of its head, save that pitch-black, dead eye.

Morbid curiosity urged me onward, and the path never deviated from the straight upward road I’d traveled the entire time. Along the way, every now and then, another party pokemon would ‘die’ and examination of its sprite would show it was in the same condition as the others. Until all that was left was Typhlosion. One more stair case was up ahead. I climbed it, braced for whatever horror awaited me.

I hit the summit.

It was deserted – Red was nowhere to be found.

The snow had stopped falling.

In the very center of the map was something sticking out of the snow. It looked like a pokeball. Okay, maybe all this creepy shit lead up to some climactic, final battle using whatever was in THERE. If I picked it up, maybe Red would come out of hiding. I walked over an examined it, and there was a burst of static noise from my game that made me jump.

What appeared on the screen was a battle animation, my trainer sprite appearing, his skin tinged blue… against another mangled pokemon sprite.

It was Celebi.
In the center of that black hole that was its eye, a single red dot burned out like an ember. The thing looked rotted. I didn’t even throw out my mostly-dead typhlosion before it had moved.

“Celebi used Perish Song.”

A screech came out of my GBA, and I almost dropped it as the screen went white. A part of me was relieved, thinking that my final pokemon had been KO’d and I would be transported to a pokemon center… but I was wrong. My sprite reappeared in what looked like a cave; was in now inside the mountain? I checked my trainer card and felt sick. The sprite was just as mauled as the pokemon had been; a leg gone. A single eye remaining, pitch-black and so, so sad looking, tears welled up at the corner… And every color on him was replaced by those sick shades of frosty blue-and-grey. Every stat on the card was reduced to 0, except the time, which still read 999:99.

I quickly moved back to the map. His sprite there mimicked the horror it had become on the trainer card; pieces were missing, everything was discolored. I started trying to walk, and at first I received a message.

“It’s so cold.”

There was only one direction to go- upward. I moved on, and every now and then would be stopped by a message that made my heart sink lower and lower.
“Mother…”

“It feels so cold…”

“I can’t go on…”

The walls, as I walked, became darker and darker, until they were pitch-black at the end.

There was an exit there, marked only by a white outline. I had no other choice but to go through it.

It opened into a chamber that was also solid white… the only way to distinguish the walls was a thin grey line that marked them as separate from the floor. Against the far wall there was another sprite. Red’s sprite. Intact. I had come this far… I had to finish this. I walked right up to him and hit A.

“…”

A battle started.

Red’s sprite had none of the deformities that marred my own. The colors were the same blues and greys, but he was intact. He just looked… extremely sad. His first pokemon came out; Venusaur. It was just like my own had been… but level 0, with a speck of health. I sent out typlosion, who had just 6 hitpoints left. No pokemon made a sound when they were brought into battle.

“Venusaur used struggle!”

There was no animation, just a single point of damage done to typhlosion, and then the opposing sprite dropped off the screen.

“Venusaur has died!”

There was no text asking me to switch out. Instead, there was just what I took to be dialogue from Red.

“…”
His next pokemon was Blastoise, even more mangled than Venusaur had been. It too struggled and died. After each round there was that ominous “…” from their trainer. Every sprite was more damaged than the last; his Espeon was barely distinguishable as a pokemon. I realized somewhere he was sending them out all out of order, which saved one pokemon for last…

Pikachu came out, and it was grotesque. It, too, was discolored like it was frostbitten. It was missing an ear, half its body and tail, its head was mostly intact but its eyes were much larger than they should have been, and glared out at me like pitch-black windows into hell… but the thing that got me the most was the giant smile that extended almost all the way to the edges of its head. Its health was somehow at 0, or at least looked that way.
My hands were shaking. I didn’t get a chance to attack.

“Pikachu used Pain Split.”

“Pikachu has died! Typhlosion has died!”

It cut back to the image of Red’s sprite… and now it looked like mine, with his body so butchered it looked like a carcass stripped of most of its meat… except it had those same, soulless, deranged eyes as pikachu.

I finally understood what happened. They were dead. They were dead, and this sublevel of the mountain was the hell they now existed in.

Red finally spoke.
“It’s over.”

The screen flashed black and white for a moment.

“ used Destiny Bond!”

A horrible, hideous screeching started to issue from my GBA. The screen went white and it shrieked at me, and I threw it to the floor and pressed my back against the bed. The horrible noise continued for several long moments while the screen stayed white.

Then went black.

Then there was silence.

It took me a long few moments, but I eventually stood up. I took the gameshark. I took the notebook. I took that fucking possessed game. I picked them all up and carried them to the garbage can we had already set out for morning pickup, at the end of our long, winding driveway… and I threw them in. When I got back to the house, I don’t know what made me do it, but I picked up yellow version and inserted it into my Gameboy… I think it was part of me determined to make sure I hadn’t somehow been tainted as well.
The music started up. The game played. I turned to my pikachu and hit A.

Its smiling face greeted me with an ear twitch and a big, pixelated smile. A pleasant, normal smile. I turned my game off, and spent the next hour crying on the floor.

My brother and I never did play pokemon together again – he gave it up for good. I stuck to replaying my comforting, unhacked games.

That winter, the snow fell thick.

Last edited:
Since we're allowed to re–post... I think I'll repost Snow on Mt. Silver, since it's my favorite one, even more than Black and Lost Silver.

EASTER EGG - SNOW ON MT. SILVER

So, my brother and I, we kinda grew up on pokemon. Around here a lot of kids did. It worked out perfectly for us, too- every time a new gen came out one of us would get one version, one of us would get the other, and since our mum liked to spoil us a bit we both got the 3rd one. This is going to sound, at first, like a bittersweet story about two siblings who grow up with a couple of games that eventually take them down two different roads… Well, it’s a little more than that.

The years rolled by, we kept collecting. Gameboys got old; we replaced them. Cartridges finally gave out, we picked up new copies. But we started down two completely different roads before R/S/E came out. See, around then my brother got a Gameshark. We had heard all the hacks and cheats you could do with them, even if we were kind of late to the party, and they sounded awfully cool.
Our first guinea pig cartridge was my brother’s old Blue version. We just dicked around with it a little bit, nothing major. But whatever we did fucked the cartridge up. After just a couple of code entries, it glitched out completely and became unplayable. Naturally we were upset at first; my brother mourned the loss of his hours of work, and I was sympathetic. I told him, “It’s okay, we can replace it I guess. Stupid shark was a waste of money.”
But here our paths finally differed. After seeing the mess it had turned Blue version into, I had become opposed to the idea of hacking or cheating any of my games. (What can I say? I’m a chick. I feel feelings for the little pixel-critters.) At least with that gameshark. But my brother had taken his game’s destruction as a personal challenge or something- don’t think he ever played a game after that which wasn’t hacked somehow. Yeah, we played a shit ton of pokemon, man. But for us there really wasn’t much else to do; we live way out in the country without many other kids, and the farmers didn’t want us on their property… so… we played pokemon out on the lawn just about all day, every day. It was pretty awesome to us, at least.
We lost the gameshark when our rooms got moved around. A new addition was built onto our house and it disappeared in the mess of shit that got stuffed into the new closet.

R/S/E arrived, and after playing through them once we were both in agreement that they were definitely lacking in comparison to the last gen. We both tried another honest play-through, and though we managed to finish, it left us both yearning for some good old-fashioned nostalgia. Where were our old G/S/C cartridges, though? It took us probably a month to dig through the boxes we’d been too lazy to open up before, but we finally found one full of a shitload of all our old electronics: My old purple Gameboy Color still worked, his red one could no longer hold batteries in place. Both of our GBAs were fine, though, along with our snakelights and link cables, that one with the nifty little connector in the middle that I had always wrapped up oh-so-carefully to avoid fraying the wires and condemning it to the trash like our last cable.
We both grabbed up everything we could. It was so nice to have Yellow (which had been my first and most cherished game of any series, not just pokemon) and Red and Gold back.
We went through the motions of checking our old files, taking in all the old memories, and eventually we figured the gen 1 stuff was just too nostalgic to get rid of. I restarted Gold, he restarted Silver. Immediately he snatched the Gameshark out of the box and slipped it into the back of his GBA. I just shook my head at him. I remember what I said to him.

“That thing will kill your game, you know.”

He never had liked me preaching to him about ‘abusing pixels.’ I shut my mouth after that, but it had put him off playing with me. I guess it was just one time too many or something; I oughta know to keep my thoughts to myself, really…

It was a couple of days later that it happened. I was out on the porch, gameboy in-hand, just about to go into the E4 when I realized I needed a little help. My team was ill-balanced thanks to my playing through for leisure, and at the time I was no great trainer that could pull off gimmick runs. I knew that my brother had been two badges ahead of me when we’d last checked with one another, so I was hoping maybe he’d let me borrow a poke or two just for this run-through.
Now, the thing is that I’d spent the last 24 hours at a friend’s place. I had literally come home, dumped my bag in my room, and crept out into the sun with my GBA to play. I had no idea what he’d been up to. For all I knew he was done with the game and onto a new one… which, I figured, was all the better for me since he wouldn’t need those pokemon and I’d stand a better chance of nicking a few. So I got up and went into the house, and when I was crossing the living room I noticed all of his pokemon games lying on the floor. Some of the cartridges had been mangled, like they’d been hacked at with something sharp. Even his old Blue version, long ago dead and too sentimental to throw away, was lying with the plastic cut ragged, split almost halfway up one side, completely unusable anymore even if it would have worked.
I was a little scared. This had to have happened this morning, otherwise our mum would have seen and they wouldn’t be lying on the carpet. Tucking my GBA into my pocket, I crept over to his room and found the door unlocked. Somehow that was even more concerning.

I walked in and found my brother sitting on the edge of his bed. His GBA was in pieces on the floor at his feet, smashed to bits. Next to him on the bed were a hammer and our mother’s gardening scissors. His face was paler than I’d ever seen it, whiter than the time we’d gone corning and the old guy up the street, legally blind and a raving nutcase, had come and chased us into the trees with a shotgun. It was now I also noticed the gameshark on the ground, and a silver cartridge corner poking from under his bed. Somehow they had been spared the wrath of the hammer.

“Are you okay?” I asked. I remember the chills that ran through me. He was my little brother. Seeing him like this was horrifying.
“It was awful,” I remember him rasping, and the way his voice rattled made my knees weak. “Oh god. White everywhere, and then BLACK…”

I remember running over and hugging him. And I remember, his limp arm fell and brushed the gameboy in my pocket, and his sudden scream, right in my ear, making me jump and bite my tongue by accident. He ripped the handheld from my pocket and hurled it at the far wall. I cried out at the dent the plastic system made there, running over to collect it. The screen had gone dark, and though I feared the worst when I flicked the switch it powered up normally. I waited there in the corner, trying to pretend the GBA mattered enough not to go and run for our mum.

The volume was on.

The pokemon theme started up, and he screamed again, picking up the hammer. This time /I/ screamed, too, and ran from the room with my GBA clutched to my chest like a shield.

He ended up in the psyche ward of the hospital for two days. When we went to visit him, I left my GBA at home. No one could figure out what had set off his strange, manic behavior. There was some talk that I didn’t understand at the time about some kind of disorder he may or may not have had, but even though mum and I had collected and brought in all the cut-up cartridges to be looked at (mum’s idea, not mine), no one had even thought to tie it back to the game… maybe that was my fault. I hadn’t said a word about what had happened when he had accidentally touched my Gameboy, or the blind, white terror he had been thrown into when the music had started.
On my last visit to the hospital before school on the second day, I was left alone in the room with him while mum had some private talk with the doctor about precautions to take should this happen again. I sat in a chair next to the bed where he was staring at the ceiling. But then suddenly he sat up, making me flinch.
“Hey,” he told me, “Angie. Go in my room when you get home.”

I didn’t understand what he meant, and then I remembered the things we hadn’t packed up and brought in… the game and the hacking tool under his bed.

“Get rid of them. I don’t ever want to play with them ever again.”

His voice was so weary and desperate… he sounded like an old man on his deathbed. My poor, damaged little brother… how could I refuse?

“Promise you’ll get rid of them.”

“Okay. I promise.”

I was carted off to school late, and through the whole day I only had my promise to him in my head. I didn’t know it at the time, but this would be the last time that I could ever play the big-sister role and help him out. I just had to get home and get rid of that game… but as the day went on a sick curiosity started to go through my own head. What could possibly have happened to that game that scared him so badly? I was scared, myself, but I just had to know. I had to.

I got home and went right into his room, bent on uncovering whatever horror was waiting for me. Mum had since vacuumed the room, and the cartridge and gameshark were no longer visible. I got down and crawled half under the bed, feeling timid but holding onto the promise I made as my badge of courage. Under the bed there was enough dust to make me cough, enough old legos and various other toys that I couldn’t set my elbow down without it landing on something. But I finally saw both objects. They’d been shoved to the corner, on top of a notebook that looked too new to have been down here long. Unthinking, I grabbed the corner of the paper and dragged everything out with me, still wheezing from the dust. (Allergies and all.)
They looked so innocent, simple toys and a simple, spiral-bound bunch of papers. When I set Silver version and the gameshark on the floor, I took a closer look at the notebook. On it were scrawled at least twenty different cheat codes, but one had been scratched out with sharpie over where it had initially been drawn in with pen. This was confusing. He had REALLY tried to erase it out- the marker had been pressed to the paper so hard that ink soaked through most of the pages behind it, almost 2/3rds of the way to the card-stock back cover. But pen has a way of sticking around. I picked up the notebook and tilted it backward in the light, and the reflective surface of the sharpie revealed the indents that had been left where he’d written. The code was an unintelligible mess of letters and numbers, but the words next to it confused me.

“Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver”

I remembered what he had said when I’d found him… he had been raving about white, white and then black… could he mean snow? Even though it was only August and the temperature was still climbing to 90 degrees every day, a chill ran down my spine. Did I dare…?

I picked everything up and brought it to my room, and laid it out on the carpet in front of me with my own GBA next to it. For a long time I just stared down at it, and the longer I looked, the more maniacal Lugia’s face became on the sticker… like some kind of twisted grin, like it was daring me to find out what had happened to my brother. I was a 14 year old kid. Did I really want to tempt fate and risk ending up like him? I glared down at Lugia for awhile longer.

I had to see.
I slid Gold out of my GBA and stuck Silver in in its place. It took me almost 15 minutes to compose myself and turn it on.

It started up normally. I left the sound on low, too afraid of what I might hear to keep it up the full way, and too curious to turn it the whole way off. The title screen was normal, too. Lugia again, but somehow menacing despite my common sense telling me it was exactly the same picture as every other time I had started up the game. How bad could this be? I asked myself. His notes said Easter egg. Didn’t that mean that that was coding already in the game?
The menu came up… still absolutely normal. His character was Blake, with a mostly filled pokedex… but the time was odd. 999:99. I KNEW he couldn’t have been playing that long… I had barely logged 50 hours on my own game and I was at the E4… and I was playing slowly. Probably the result of his hacking fucking up his file, I thought. Well, whatever then…
The game started up, and the first thing I noticed was the prolonged black screen. It took almost a minute for anything to change… and there was no sound at all. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up already, but it was too late to turn back.

Finally, a very dim sort of map came onto the screen… but it looked like static. What was going on? I squinted down and realized with a fearsome pang that it was actually the Mt. Silver map… but what I thought was static was heavy-falling snow. So this was where he had last saved his game. I checked his party… a very normal team for someone who’d been using a Gameshark: Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Pidgeot, Tyranitar, Lugia, all level 100 with modded moves… typical for him. Something about the sprites was… strange, though. They seemed sullen, in a way. Their colors seemed washed-out, and their expressions lacked the usual vigor they normally had. I chalked this up to missing pixels or something, also due to the hacking…
The map had brightened up just a smidgeon when I closed out of the start menu. Indeed, snow was somehow falling very heavily; pixels danced across the screen so fast it was hard to see the little sprite that was my brother’s character. Something was off about him, too. When I checked the information, it was the same as the pokemon sprites; the colors were dull. In fact, now that I thought about it, he almost looked frostbitten.

My stomach tightened, and I turned and tried to move back down the mountain. As I hit the bottom of the screen, words popped up, and there was finally a sound – my sprite hitting an invisible wall.

“I can’t turn back now.”

That was… unsettling. I went into my pokemon and tried to use Pidgeot’s ‘Fly’ ability.

“I can’t fly in this!” obviously referring to the snow.

‘Fuck this,’ I thought, going into his bag. There was an escape rope. I tried using it.

“I can’t go back anymore.”

What was going on? Once again, I tried to walk back down the mountain, and to my horror the words changed with every attempt.

“I can’t run away.”
“I can’t go back down.”

“I can never go back.”

This last one sent a frigid feeling through my heart. There was no way down the mountain. I had to climb. Turning the little sprite around, I moved him forward.

No resistance at all, though my walking speed was oddly slow. What was truly weird was the lack of grass, of trainers, of anything at all but that white snow, which still blew across the screen and made it almost impossible to see.
As I moved further “up” the mountain, his walking speed became slower, and slower. The static curtain of pixels grew thicker, so that I could barely make out the features of the map… but it seemed like the only way to move was straight ahead anyway. I reached what looked like a set of stairs at the very top edge of the screen. I didn’t remember this being there before. As I tried to move up, the little sprite paused.

“I’m cold.”

By now even I was getting goosebumps. His walking speed had become painfully slow, as if somehow he was being impeded. Up the little staircase…

More text on the screen.

“Meganium has died.”

What the fuck, I thought. Pokemon don’t die in these games. I checked in my party, and was frightened and confused by what I saw.

Meganium’s sprite had been replaced by a red X. All of my other pokemon sported varying degrees of damage, though I hadn’t battled once. I went into my bag and found a single revive, and tried to use it.

“It’s too late,” it said. What kind of easter egg was this?

There wasn’t much else I could do… trying to turn around yielded the same messages as before. So I kept moving.

“Pidgeot has died.”

I checked again… sure enough, there was the little red X. This time I selected it and looked at the pokemon itself, trying to figure out what was wrong… I wished I hadn’t.
The sprite was mangled; pieces of it were missing. What was left was splotched with a sickish blue-grey color, and its eye was a solid black pit. I flipped down to Meganium- same deal, a leg missing, a chunk of its neck, most of its head, save that pitch-black, dead eye.

Morbid curiosity urged me onward, and the path never deviated from the straight upward road I’d traveled the entire time. Along the way, every now and then, another party pokemon would ‘die’ and examination of its sprite would show it was in the same condition as the others. Until all that was left was Typhlosion. One more stair case was up ahead. I climbed it, braced for whatever horror awaited me.

I hit the summit.

It was deserted – Red was nowhere to be found.

The snow had stopped falling.

In the very center of the map was something sticking out of the snow. It looked like a pokeball. Okay, maybe all this creepy shit lead up to some climactic, final battle using whatever was in THERE. If I picked it up, maybe Red would come out of hiding. I walked over an examined it, and there was a burst of static noise from my game that made me jump.

What appeared on the screen was a battle animation, my trainer sprite appearing, his skin tinged blue… against another mangled pokemon sprite.

It was Celebi.
In the center of that black hole that was its eye, a single red dot burned out like an ember. The thing looked rotted. I didn’t even throw out my mostly-dead typhlosion before it had moved.

“Celebi used Perish Song.”

A screech came out of my GBA, and I almost dropped it as the screen went white. A part of me was relieved, thinking that my final pokemon had been KO’d and I would be transported to a pokemon center… but I was wrong. My sprite reappeared in what looked like a cave; was in now inside the mountain? I checked my trainer card and felt sick. The sprite was just as mauled as the pokemon had been; a leg gone. A single eye remaining, pitch-black and so, so sad looking, tears welled up at the corner… And every color on him was replaced by those sick shades of frosty blue-and-grey. Every stat on the card was reduced to 0, except the time, which still read 999:99.

I quickly moved back to the map. His sprite there mimicked the horror it had become on the trainer card; pieces were missing, everything was discolored. I started trying to walk, and at first I received a message.

“It’s so cold.”

There was only one direction to go- upward. I moved on, and every now and then would be stopped by a message that made my heart sink lower and lower.
“Mother…”

“It feels so cold…”

“I can’t go on…”

The walls, as I walked, became darker and darker, until they were pitch-black at the end.

There was an exit there, marked only by a white outline. I had no other choice but to go through it.

It opened into a chamber that was also solid white… the only way to distinguish the walls was a thin grey line that marked them as separate from the floor. Against the far wall there was another sprite. Red’s sprite. Intact. I had come this far… I had to finish this. I walked right up to him and hit A.

“…”

A battle started.

Red’s sprite had none of the deformities that marred my own. The colors were the same blues and greys, but he was intact. He just looked… extremely sad. His first pokemon came out; Venusaur. It was just like my own had been… but level 0, with a speck of health. I sent out typlosion, who had just 6 hitpoints left. No pokemon made a sound when they were brought into battle.

“Venusaur used struggle!”

There was no animation, just a single point of damage done to typhlosion, and then the opposing sprite dropped off the screen.

“Venusaur has died!”

There was no text asking me to switch out. Instead, there was just what I took to be dialogue from Red.

“…”
His next pokemon was Blastoise, even more mangled than Venusaur had been. It too struggled and died. After each round there was that ominous “…” from their trainer. Every sprite was more damaged than the last; his Espeon was barely distinguishable as a pokemon. I realized somewhere he was sending them out all out of order, which saved one pokemon for last…

Pikachu came out, and it was grotesque. It, too, was discolored like it was frostbitten. It was missing an ear, half its body and tail, its head was mostly intact but its eyes were much larger than they should have been, and glared out at me like pitch-black windows into hell… but the thing that got me the most was the giant smile that extended almost all the way to the edges of its head. Its health was somehow at 0, or at least looked that way.
My hands were shaking. I didn’t get a chance to attack.

“Pikachu used Pain Split.”

“Pikachu has died! Typhlosion has died!”

It cut back to the image of Red’s sprite… and now it looked like mine, with his body so butchered it looked like a carcass stripped of most of its meat… except it had those same, soulless, deranged eyes as pikachu.

I finally understood what happened. They were dead. They were dead, and this sublevel of the mountain was the hell they now existed in.

Red finally spoke.
“It’s over.”

The screen flashed black and white for a moment.

“ used Destiny Bond!”

A horrible, hideous screeching started to issue from my GBA. The screen went white and it shrieked at me, and I threw it to the floor and pressed my back against the bed. The horrible noise continued for several long moments while the screen stayed white.

Then went black.

Then there was silence.

It took me a long few moments, but I eventually stood up. I took the gameshark. I took the notebook. I took that fucking possessed game. I picked them all up and carried them to the garbage can we had already set out for morning pickup, at the end of our long, winding driveway… and I threw them in. When I got back to the house, I don’t know what made me do it, but I picked up yellow version and inserted it into my Gameboy… I think it was part of me determined to make sure I hadn’t somehow been tainted as well.
The music started up. The game played. I turned to my pikachu and hit A.

Its smiling face greeted me with an ear twitch and a big, pixelated smile. A pleasant, normal smile. I turned my game off, and spent the next hour crying on the floor.

My brother and I never did play pokemon together again – he gave it up for good. I stuck to replaying my comforting, unhacked games.

That winter, the snow fell thick.
Oh man that freaked me out...

I think I might attempt to write one, maybe based off of Vileplume.

Pokemon Emerald Version PokeDex said:
In seasons when it produces more pollen, the air around a Vileplume turns yellow with the powder as it walks. The pollen is highly toxic and causes paralysis.

It's not exactly too creepy, but I might be able to squeeze a few drops of scariness out of Vileplume. That is, if I manage to write a non-crappy story.

We all know who Pokémon Trainer Red is. He’s the protagonist from the 1st generation games who becomes champion of Kanto only to wind up on at Mt. Silver in the 2nd generation, saying only, “…”. Now many say that he was always a mute, but that can’t be as he always called the name of the Pokémon he sent out into battle. Without those little details told, let this pasta began…

We all know the rumors of the mysterious things that are send to be hidden in Kanto, waiting for someone powerful enough to stumble upon it… or foolish enough. There once was a boy, and a very strong one at that, who stumbled into a land where he didn’t belong, and he paid the price.

We all know the rumors of the mysterious things that are send to be hidden in Kanto, waiting for someone powerful enough to stumble upon it… or foolish enough. There once was a boy, and a very strong one at that, who stumbled into a land where he didn’t belong, and he paid the price.

He was merely walked down a typical route, when he stumbled upon a man. A man with a look without emotion, almost in a possessed trance, blood all over with gashes on his face. The man walked up to Red, placed a stone into his hand, and collapsed. He was dead.

Red, completely freaked out by this, ran away from the scene, though he still held the stone that the man had left in his hand.

After running for what seemed like forever, Red finally stopped to catch his breath. After a short break, he took a look at the stone in his hand. It had been stained with some of the blood of the old man, but what Red wanted to know was what the stone could do. He called out three of his Pokémon.

“Go! Venusaur! Blastoise! Charizard!” said Red, releasing his powerful creatures.

The Pokémon trio approached Red, as if they were immediately drawn to the stone.

“Hey, watch out guys. Who knows what this thing is.” said Red again, trying to figure out what the stone was.

The trio ignored him and continued forward. The stone flew out of Red’s hands and drifted in front of the trio, whom stopped as the stone hovered in front of their combined gaze.

Suddenly, all three Pokémon began to glow white. They were… evolving?

“What? No way! They’re already in their final evolution forms! What could that stone be doing to them?” said Red, who had so many questions, with so little answers; only staring at the sight of his evolving Pokémon. But these were no normal evolutions.

As the Pokémon finally became visible, Red did his best not to scream in terror of what had just happened to his companions.

Venusaur was no more. His entire body had morphed into something else. He now stood, what appeared to be, over 20 feet tall. His legs were now the size, and form, of trees. It stood with a long, green neck to stretch out, bearing a displeased face, with red eyes and hundreds of vines rising from its back.

The others were no better. They shared their 20 foot heights and their red eyes with each other. Charizard’s head had gained a third horn in the middle, which completely rearranged his face, along with large spikes on his back, which was completely on fire. Blastoise was the most intact, though he had gained two more hydro cannons on his back. Red looked back at the stone, only to see that it had exploded into a veil of mist, which floated away.

Beginning to panic even more, Red took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the beasts, only to receive static.

“Wha-what are you things?” said Red, frightened.

“We are those, whom you humans claimed, did not exist.” responded the trio, in booming voices that almost shattered Red’s eardrums.

Red was stunned by the fact that these “things” had just spoken back to him, but he was even more concerned with what they wanted.

“What do you want from me?” he said, weakly.

“…Revenge.” said the evolved Charizard, looking like it was ready to toast Red, right there.

The trio lifted Red with a psychic force and proceeded to rise off of the ground. Red, panicking, screamed out for help, feeling lucky that he had spotted an old man walking by. In fact, it seemed to be that crazy old man from Viridian City who was obsessed with coffee and catching weak Pokémon.

The old man did not response. In fact, it didn’t seem like he even noticed the 20 foot megaliths the stood right in front of him. However, before Red could finish his second call for help, the old man turned to stare up at him, with the same red eyes as the beasts.

Red whited out.

When he awoke, he found himself in a realm that seemed to be his world, but destroyed. Buildings were in pieces, the sky looked like static, and there wasn’t a soul in sight, not even his evolved Pokémon that brought him here.

“Whe-where am I?” asked Red.

Suddenly, there was a demonic chuckle and a twisted voice from what seemed to be a very close distance.

“Kekeke… our world.” said the voice.

Red turned in surprise, to find what looked like a walking corpse, the size of a normal human, but with giant needles for arms.

“They said that I was just a typo of another fake… They called us all fakes. Rumors. Myths. They never truly believed in us and would even mock anyone who did!”
continued the voice, growing ever more twisted.

Red was still growing confused, even to the point of insanity, whether it would be caused by his confusion or this strange creature.

“Who are you?!” Red snapped.

Before Red could even blink, the corpse had delivered a giant slash across his body, obviously fatal. However, he lived. As Red was screaming his lungs out, his body was rebuilding, painfully. Finally, it had been repaired, but by what?

Before Red could ask what had happened, though fearful of the consequence of another question, the corpse spoke again.

“Excellent. Much like us, you are in a world where you cannot die, however, you still feel all the pain you would normally,” the corpse began, “if not, even worse.”

The corpse stared at Red, who was now completely silent, and gave him an order.

“Come follow me, there is someone waiting for you Red.” spoke the corpse, in a very soft, wind-like voice.

Red was about to ask how this thing knew his name, but he was too frightened and proceeded to follow the corpse.

Eventually, they reached what appeared to be an even more grim section of the world, this dimension’s Lavender Town. The entire place was a mass graveyard.

They stepped forward to a grave stone that was much larger than any other. Red began to read the inscription:

Doomsday

‘What is that suppose to mean?’ thought Red.

Suddenly, the graveyard started to shake. A large figure began to rise out of the ground. The figure appeared to be a giant assortment of bones that formed some sort of head, but what shocked Red was this new creature’s height. It had to be at least 90 feet tall, but it was as transparent as a ghost.

“Master,” began the corpse, “I have brought forth this boy. He was sent here after he evolved some of his creatures with the Mist Stone.”

‘Mist Stone?’ questioned Red to himself.

Suddenly, the loud roar came from the massive beast, causing Red’s ears to start dripping blood.

“Is this one of those who called us fakes? Myths? Nothing but works of fantasy?!” the voice growing more annoying with every word.

“Indeed,” said the corpse.

The large creature, Doomsday as the grave stated, let out a demonic laugh, even more powerful than the corpses.

“Then I guess this boy wouldn’t mind knowing the truth before he is sent to his punishment.” said Doomsday.

“T-t-tru-truth?” said Red, stuttering his first words against Doomsday.

“Of course!” boomed his voice, “You probably believe that Arceus created the universe don’t you?”

“Well…” began Red.

“Of course you do! That’s what they tell you to believe, because he is the divine Pokémon, the Pokégod!” continued Doomsday, once again raising his pitch. I’ll tell you the difference between us and Arceus, kid. Arceus can be defeated, captured, and even used by morals. While we… we are INVINCIBLE! We can’t be captured because you morals don’t even acknowledge our existence!” finished Doomsday.

“But…” began Red, only to be cut off, once again.

Doomsday rammed one of its sharp bones, straight through Red’s body, knowing that he could recover, all just to make him suffer. Red winced, but did not scream, he couldn’t. He just let his body regenerate, once again.

“Enough talk,” began Doomsday, “it’s time for you to face your worst nightmare.”

Suddenly, other strange creatures began to crawl out of the ground. They grabbed at Red, who tried to run, but could not. He could not escape his fate. The creatures that grabbed at him where much like his Pokémon trio, as they seemed to be the evolved forms of other Pokémon, without evolutions.

Before he knew it, Doomsday tore a rift in existence which began to consume Red. Red fought with all the energy he had left, but was no match for that, which he did not understand. He closed his eyes and was swallowed up by the rift.

When he woke up again, Red was at the peak of a snowy mountain. In fact, for a second, he believed that he saw what looked like the Indigo Plateau in the short distance. However that all was wiped from his mind when he looked straight off the side of the mountain. He saw Doomsday, the corpse, his evolved trio, and many other creatures, some that were those that came out of the ground and others which he had not seen before. They were all laughing at him.

“Come follow me Red, and you can fulfill your destiny. Just come follow me.” spoke Doomsday, motioning Red to come to him.

Red, having lost all control of his body, ran right for the creatures. He jumped off the peak, lunging toward the beasts… who vanished. Red continued to fall, unable to unsee the creatures that now tormented him.

“Welcome to your new home Red...” began Doomsday’s voice, “You are ours now.”

Red found himself, no longer falling, but back on the mountain’s peak. He tried to speak, but nothing came out. He tried to leave the peak, but he could not. He was trapped on the mountain forever, and he could not leave. He was where his masters had put him, to live out the rest of eternity.

Many trainers came to face Red, all of which were vastly inferior to him… and yet they still beat him. It was that day, when the Johto boy beat him, that he truly knew what his punishment from the Pokégods was.

He was going to forever have to do the one thing that he had never done, nor wanted to do.

Lose.

He was destined to be the very best, now cursed to fail for all eternity.

MasterSceptile

P.S. This is my story. I didn't take it from anywhere.

Another creepypasta thread? wonder why the other one was closed down...?

anyway, I guess I'll just repost my pasta, maybe write some more:) hope you like it

05:05:05

I was walking down the street to the park, because some friends invited me to play some

catch. When I get there, everybody seems to have a copy of the new Pokemon game, Diamond

and Pearl. I catch up with the guys who said they would play with me, but they said that they

wantto play Pokemon, so I just headed home. On my way back, I see a person crawling out of

the shadows, with blood over they're face, and it appears to be a woman. Her eyes, are colored

maroon, but i can't see her pupil, even though it's noon. I get a gulp in my throat, and i feel

my stoamch grind. The woman places a cold hand on my shoulder, and I shudder. She looks

very weak, and with all the strength she could gather, looked at me and said these words that

sent a chill through my spine "He....He...will...get..you." She immediately falls, as if the life

were sucked out of her, and she dies. Luckily, we're at the back of the park where nobody can

see us.My eyes widened as I noticed something. In her hand, i saw a bloody Pokemon Pearl

cartridge. Another gulp in my throat. I look around and swiftly grab the game card and shove

it in my jacket.

I run back home and jumped onto my bed. I opened my burrow and get my DS Lite.Quickly, I

sit down at my desk and start the game. I cleaned the cartidge, so now it should be working

good. The gamefreak logo shows and i expect an intro, but all i see is a black screen, and then

the title screen. I think to myself that the blood probably screwed the game a bit, but for the

most part, it works. I click "New Game" and a text screen shows up that says "A scumlike you

isn't worthy to create a new game. Somewhat scared, I click "Continue Game" and the game

begins. The first thing i do is check my pokemon, and I have a team of level 100s. Pretty happy

with myself, I check my pokedex, but this is where the twist came. It didn't have any data for

any pokemon, at all. Not even the six on my team were there. I wanted to turn the game off
and leave the cartidge on the street again.

But then the urge to play comes and I can't put it down, almost like I've lost control of my

hands. "My hands are probably just numb." I said to myself. I keep going through the menu to

bag, and I have an infinite amount of everything. Next, i go to the trainer card option, and this

scared me more then any of the other things did. My name was "VICTIM" and my playtime was

0:00 even though I had been playing for quite a while. What scared me was the fact that

"VICTIM" was in big bold red letters, and to my knowledge, there's no way to change the color

of your name. i select options, and this made me shiver. There was only 2 options. One said

"Death Time" and was set to say 05:05:05. The next option was just a bunch of numbers and

letters. But then, I seemed to see a message that said "Respect...Respect" and then nothing

else. i decide that i should actually play the game now. So i walk out of my house, and you

won't believe what happened.

The graphics looked like the original Pokemon Red, and I couldn't believe it. I go back into my

house and the graphics are normal, but then i come out and they're back again. The only way

the Pearl graphics come back is if i go into my own house, because it stays the same for other

places. So i see this person has already captured every single pokemon as i check the PC at a

Pokemon Center, but then I see one missing. It is Darkrai. There was an empty spot for

Darkrai, and something weird happened when i hovered over the place where Darkrai would've

been if it was there. The Lavender Town music starts playing. It doesn't stop either. The

creepiest thing is each 10 minutes into the song, I could hear a laugh, not a regular laugh, but

more like a "I will kill you" laugh. I get out of the pokemon center. But now i'm at the Hall of

Origin.

Shocked, I just walk up the steps, with sweat pouring down my head faster than the speed of

light. As i walk there, a black screen comes, and i see a text box, again the text seeming to be

in red. it went like this "Welcome VICTIM, Are you ready." Not even a question mark. It was

stating so, not asking me. There was only one option, and that option was "Yes." As I selected

it, I heard hysterical laughter, and then I passed out.

I wake up, with nothing around me but darkness and my DS. I'm still able to sit, and i continue

to play. Then I seem to have a battle....with a hand. A bloody hand that looked as if it were

tore off from a child's body. But, surprisingly, it defeated me and my pokemon, by doing

nothing but using an attack called "Pet." As soon I lose all my pokemon, I get a gulp in my

throat, and I feel a cold breeze.

Then the DS shuts off and I look around. I hear a voice say "You have lost....lost the

battle...lost your pokemon...and now because of your foolishness.....lose your LIFE!" As soon

as that statement is done I see Unown flying around, and spelling four words every now and

then that say "The VICTIM shall fall." and each time the unown are done I hear hysterical

laughter. I shudder, and I get a migraine, not knowing what to do or where i am. Once again, I

hear laughter, and then the Lavender Town Tune. I suddenly feel naseous and light-headed. As

I look down into the deep void, and then the bloody hands of the pokemon that lost come up

and grab my feet, and won't let go. Their heads come out and they start hurting me even

more. I panic, and without not knowing what to do,

I cry, but then my cry is soon muffled and stopped by another laugh. Then I hear the voice

again "You have gotten yourself into this tragedy, and I'm afraid...or rather glad that you'll

never get out. I see spirits of a bunch of pokemon start roaming about, but I don't recognise

them. I guess the voice can read mines because then it told me something that put me to

shock.

"You don't remember these pokemon, don't you? These are the pokemon that you used to play

through Pokemon Red." I feel my body being whipped. "Aaahow" I scream as loud as I can

"Help Help!!" and then the voice "There's no exit here, child. Now to the next team. These are

the pokemon you used in your play through of crystal, remember? I feel my body tighten, and

thencramp. "Make it stop, please!" I shriek with tears in my eyes. The voice laughed again and

then became serious "Remember these Pokemon, from your Emerald play through?" My body

fel like it was heating up rapidly, and then freezing.

Finally I asked "Why am I getting punished?" Then the voice finally told me "You are a disgrace

to humans and pokemon. An idiot like you could never win. You abandoned them all." I then

say, as angry as I can "IT's just a video game!" Then the voice yells, and I almost wet myself "

Pokemon is a videogame to YOU, you worthless piece of scum. But it is our lives, and we will

kill you for killing us. Then, the voice calmed down as it heard my shrieks of pain. The

pokemon I had abandoned were all attacking me with cries of horror. The voice now said" Do

you remember the numbers 05:05:05?" I managed to answer yes. The voice then said "It stands

for the first pokemon game you bought, May, when you got Red. The other 05 is the whole

time you played. And the last 05 is how much pokemon you caught and flipping the number

over shows all the pokemon you put to pain in your miserable and purposeless life. "I'm sorry"

I shriek. The pain was like nothing before. I then hear another hysterical laugh, and then a

voice "Finish off your betrayer." and then the voice was gone. The pokemon cut my thorat

open and i start losing blood, and then i start throwing up the guts in my body, but the I

choke on my kdney, and can't breathe. My eys bulge and pop, blood splattering everywhere.

They're scratching my face off, and then i fall to the ground ready to die. Before I do I see all

the pokemon I tortured, and then I hear that old women's voice "He....He...will...get...you."
I stop breathing, and before I die, i hear that hysterical laughter.......

So that's my story, I hope you like it:)

The other one got locked due to copying work and off–topic discussion... So it needed better rules.

Anyway, here's a Lavender related one I re–found. See youtube link for source~
I met my best friend in elementary school. We had both brought our Gameboys to school one day and sat together at lunch once we realized what we had in common. I had Blue version and a Venausaur, he had Red version and a Charizard. He and I battled whenever we could and became great pals. As the years went on, we continued playing Pokemon, even through high school. Throughout all of the Pokemon generations and versions we went though, the battles never became dull.

As we approached college, we had to go separate ways. We didn't speak much after that; we had such busy lives to follow in college. I didn't think we would ever regain the friendship we once had. Then, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in 2007 and we once again enjoyed our common interest in the series. We battled and talked over Wi-Fi nearly every day for a few weeks after its release.

My friend told me that he planned to play through his old Red version again. Since it had been about three months after the release of Diamond and Pearl, we didn't play them as much as before. I asked him why he wanted to play that dusty old cartridge, and he responded, "I don't know, maybe I'll find something that no one has found before."

Despite my unwillingness to run through my Blue version with him, he played his Red version anyway. After he started his journey, I never talked to him again. About three weeks later, I received a call from my friend's parents.

Even though he never had any similar problems before, he died from what was speculated to be an intense seizure. He was alone in his dorm room until a roommate, who was unfortunately too late, found him lying on the ground, lifeless, and strangely wearing his favorite headphones. I flew out as soon as I could to attend his funeral. His roommate, who was going to attend as well, informed me that just days before the incident my friend was becoming obsessed with Lavender Town and its music. My friend had aspired to become a sound engineer after graduating and had a wide range of audio skills at his disposal. He could always hear quiet sounds vividly while I failed to even recognize them at all.

As soon as he rediscovered Lavender Town, he ripped its audio to his computer and began experimenting with it. He had told the roommate that, "The frequencies in this one are different; they blend together in a special way. But there's something missing. I think something was meant to be mixed in, but it never could have worked on the Gameboy. It was so limited in terms of sound bandwidth." I had the chance to go through his laptop one last time, so I visited his Recent Items list. At the very top read "lavender.wav". Along with a few photos of us together, I copied this to my flash drive. Caught in my sadness over my best friend's death, I ignored the audio file until a few weeks before writing this. I somehow recently decided that I needed to retrace what had happened.

Driven by my desire to know what caused his untimely death, I opened the properties dialog box for the audio file, without opening the file to listen to it. Within the comments section of the metadata, he had written, "binaural tones, i added the necessary frequencies, i know why lavender town sounds so sad, and i know the part that was missing". Even eerier, I looked in his default audio program (still without listening to the file) and found the playcount for this file. One. I chatted with a sound enthusiast online in hope to decipher these cryptic comments. He gave me some special software which would analyze the audio in real time and said that was the most that could be done. This video is a screen recording of me running the aforementioned software with the original audio file. To this day I have not listened to the actual audio, as I am too emotionally disturbed by my best friend, Anthony's, death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8

Last edited:
I guess I'll repost Finally Free, as well as my newest pasta, When the Rockets came to Silph:

Finally Free
It started out innocently enough.

I bought a cart of Fire Red from my local GameStop. But let me stop you there. This isn't your average, “Someone made a really twisted hack and I happened to have the misfortune to buy it.” No, it was just Fire Red. I wanted it because I had a DS Lite, and therefore, a GBA port to transfer those 'mons from my Kanto adventure and unlock certain pokemon in my Diamond version.

I checked the cart as soon as I got home, much like anyone else who buys a pre-played game. I'm not saying the last owner didn't know what he was doing, but his team was a little mediocre. He was on the bridge just south of Lavender Town, and his strongest pokemon were a level 36 Blastoise, and a Snorlax. I don't remember the details very clearly on the rest of the team, nor on the Snorlax's status very clearly. I decided to start over.

I renamed my trainer Satoshi, after the original Japanese name of Ash Ketchum. Everything is fine when I play the game. I've just made it to Viridian forest with my faithful pokemon by my side. Palmer (Male Bulbasaur) and Tarzan (Male Mankey) are both level eight, while Jerry (Male Rattata) and Yari (Male Spearow) are level six. This is where things start going south.

I've been feeling very strange recently. All of my free time is now glued to the screen of my Nintendo SP. My pokemon never level up... I can't find any wild pokemon to fight anymore... The colors are now washed out, almost monochrome now. I can't hear anything. My character seems listless now, as he's only moving at about half his normal speed. Viridian Forest won't let me pass, so I'm going back to Viridian City, and see what's going on.

As I reach Viridian City, I hear this awful screeching. When my sprite steps inside the city limits, he stops and the screen shakes as a gate materialized behind him. I walk down in the town, trying to get to Pallet, but as I pass by the Pokemon Center, the screen shakes again. I walk down and notice that my path is once again blocked, but this time by boulders. The only option left to me is the Victory Road, even though I don't have any badges.

I take a chance, and notice that the gate is set up much like in Gold and Silver. I try to go up, but two silent guards keep pushing me away. I try the Mt. Silver path. Again, I meet with resistance. All I can do is go down. But when I exit... This... This isn't right...

I'm at the Ruins of Alph. How is this possible? This is supposed to be a remake of the first titles. Johto wasn't even around yet. I then start to hear that haunting melody, the Unown singing their simple little tune. I have no control, Satoshi moves toward the ruins on his own now. As soon as he enters, the screen goes black.

Then I hear the tones... The tones from the Crystal opening. I see eyes at first, before I realize what's going on. The Unown are trying to speak to me. I look closely and see what they spell...

M.
I.
C.
H.
A.
E.
L.

M-Michael? That's my name.

Y.
O.
U.

A.
R.
E.

T.
H.
E.

C.
H.
O.
S.
E.
N.

O.
N.
E.

I'm starting to lose it. Even with the screen still pitch black, my start menu opens by itself, and I am compelled to see if my buddies are still okay. What I see next runs a cold chill down my spine.

My party has been replaced by Unown, all of them level 66 and spelling out the message CHOSEN.

Why me? What have I been chosen for? The screen changes back to black and the tones begin again. I'm glued to the screen. What are they going to tell me next?

Y.
O.
U.

W.
I.
L.
L.

D.
I.
E.

A.
N.
D.

B.
E.

R.
E.
B.
O.
R.
N.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I could feel a warm sensation flowing down my face. Pressing a finger to my lip, I lifted to see something thick and red. It was blood. I could feel my life force fading as my shirt was stained a deep crimson. I dropped my SP as I fainted dead away onto my bed.

When I woke up, I noticed that maybe an hour or two had passed, and my clothes were clean. My SP was still on, and I picked it up. Opening it, I saw something that made a chill run down my spine. I was at the start of a battle with a Ghost, yet despite this being a GameBoy Advance version, I saw the old GB sprite staring at Satoshi. I hit the A button, but nothing happened. I pressed it again, and noticed that the music had shifted slightly higher in pitch, the Ghost turning slightly. Now panicking, I jam on the A button rapidly, causing the music to rise steadily and the Ghost to turn to face me.

Satoshi faded from sight. The Ghost got bigger and bigger until it's chilling dead eyes were staring at me from behind the screen, it's mouth twisted in that devilish grin.

A text box opened right underneath it's mouth:

“Michael... You don't exist anymore. You belong to me now. Now DIE and fade away...”

I heard an ear-splitting scream. Everything went black.

I woke up in a cold sweat, yet now feel hollow inside. A grin creeps across my face as I realize it worked. People on the streets now recoil when they see my darkened face. Whenever someone cries out in terror, I laugh like a madman. In my hand, I grip that now bloody red cartridge, and I will never let go. After all, even if his body is mine, I can't give Michael to just anybody...

When the Rockets came to Silph
I hope someone gets this message before it falls into his hands... I'm a former scientist of Silph Co. and what I have to say must be heard so it can be stopped... I've already lost my closest friend of several years, and I can't just sit by anymore...

The cries of pokemon would echo throughout the laboratory. The fiendish experiments going on within were beyond rational thought and completely immoral. The scientists of Silph Co. were being paid handsomely to screw around with nature and find out how to force evolution. I was just another bright-eyed young scientist, straight out of college and assigned to the prestigious Silph Co. But little did we know, that when someone else came along to pull the strings.

We were all lined up and told to bring a pokemon of our choosing the next day. Upon returning home to the top of Celadon Towers that night, I greeted my two favorite pokemon, a pair of Eevee that I've had with me since I graduated elementary school. I've always wondered which pokemon I'd evolve them to when the time came. I picked the older of the two brothers and placed him in a ball, getting ready for the day ahead. Little did I know I'd come to regret that choice.

The next day, I lined up with the other scientists, and we all released our pokemon. There was my Eevee, a couple of Slowpoke, a Spoink, Porygon, Doduo, and finally a Koffing. All of us who brought pokemon were paired off with other scientists who had none. The nightmare began.

Truth be told, I actually kept Eevee locked up as long as possible once we were separated into teams. I wanted to see for my own eyes what it was we were actually doing. What I first saw made my heart hurt a bit. It was the Slowpoke duo, and on the table with them were two Shellder our boss had apparently provided to us for use. The first Shellder was positioned behind the Slowpoke, then clubbed. The enraged Shellder leapt forward and clamped down on the Slowpoke's tail, causing it to cry out in immense pain, which was frightening. The pain must have been all but unbearable seeing as Slowpoke are notorious for not feeling pain until about five seconds after they are struck. The other Slowpoke was set up in a similar manner, but with it's head to the Shellder, and the same old song and dance ensued again. With both Shellder clamping down on their captives, the Slowpoke emitted a horrible wail that lasted for what seemed like an eternity before they began to glow. The Slowpoke that was clamped from the posterior was suddenly on it's hind legs, the Shellder on it's tail having changed to a hermit-crab shell. The other also stood, with the Shellder changing to a familiar shape, but this one seemed to wear it's parasite like a crown. “Subjects 001-079 and 002-079 have successfully evolved into Slowbro and Slowking without training,” one of the scientists replied, scribbling down his findings.

The next scene was even worse, as the Porygon from earlier was connected to a strange machine attached to a computer. The pokemon was in obvious distress, as it had to be restrained. “Beginning download of Silph Co. Up-Grade disc.” The Porygon practically pleaded to be released. You could see the panic in it's eyes. Suddenly, the blocky pokemon was smoothed out, and seemed to have lost it's previous spark. It looked around as it calmly laid upon the table, as if it had been recently reborn. “Subject shows signs of complete mental recalibration. Further examination is required.”

“What could be next...?” I said quietly to myself as I moved to check on another pokemon being experimented upon, trying to stay out of my team's line of sight as long as possible, lest I miss anything. The next pokemon in line was a cute little Spoink, although what was happening to it was downright abhorrent. It had been stripped of it's pearl, and it's breathing looked quite labored as it tried to get the pearl back. “You can't just jump for this,” the scientist said to the little pig pokemon. “You have to get stronger and break the container it is in.” The little Spoink was basically being forced to evolve just to get back the only thing that kept it alive, and after witnessing this horrid event, I now know why. As soon as the pokemon had evolved into Grumpig, the room was a mess. Fluids were spurting out of three separate holes on it's body, and the pink pearl that was pilfered from it had changed into three small black ones. The Grumpig shattered the glass and gingerly plugged up it's holes with the pearls. I heard that later on, due to lack of medical care, this pokemon had died of an internal infection.

I wandered through the halls inside that labyrinthine structure, witnessing even more horrors. The Doduo from before was being pumped full of growth hormones. It's body had swollen to twice it's original size at least, and on the far left, I saw a nub trying to break through the surface. The two heads that were already out had changed their expressions. Although I could make out joy and anger clearly, both were masked with intense misery. With a loud cracking and a spurt of blood, a third head had burst from the bird pokemon's body. It had a look of a deep, depressed sorrow, magnified by the agony that the poor Doduo... well now Dodrio- was feeling. I could swear I saw a sinister grin on the scientist who had brought this pokemon in for these demonic tests. I looked down at the pokeball that held my Eevee, knowing full well that it was probably too late for him to escape. I am a horrible trainer...

The last experiment I witnessed made my stomach flip and my heart leap into my chest. The scientists were in a blocked off room, wearing hazmat suits. The Koffing that was brought in for this test was held firmly in place with a pair of steel tongs. The poor pokemon was dipped into a vat of radioactive toxic waste. At first, there was no change, but then I saw the carcinogen's effects first hand. As it turns out, Weezing is actually a Koffing that is riddled with cancer, as it grotesquely bloated and before long, sprouted another head. The pokemon looked like it was in so much pain, I felt compelled to end it's life mercifully for a moment, but before I could act, I was dragged away to the lab I would be working in, Eevee still in tow.

“I'm so sorry. Please forgive me...” I whispered to Eevee as I sealed it's fate and released it. It mewled happily as it saw me, before looking confused, seeing tears streaming down my cheeks. What happened next was unspeakable. They had to tie me down so that I would not interfere. This was their plan all along. The three stones of evolution were brought closer and closer to Eevee, before it's effects were felt all at once. Eevee shrieked as it's front left half morphed into Flareon, it's right front, that of Jolteon, and it's tail and hindquarters were morphed into Vaporeon. They experimented with different angles, and monitored Eevee's vital signs throughout the entire process. Then the unspeakable happened...

The three stones were immediately thrust at Eevee's forehead, causing it to evolve into a grotesque amalgamation of three different pokemon it was meant to be individually. The new creature- I can't call it Eevee after what it became- stood shakily on the table for several minutes, before quaking as blood began to spill from it's mouth. “It's no good. The stress of our experiment was too much for it. Our friend over there will clean up this mess,” they replied, releasing me from the wall. I walked over to my friend, and saw tears in it's eyes. As I reached out, it licked my hand weakly. “I'm so sorry...” I sobbed, holding the dying pokemon close to me, giving it warmth and love in it's final moments. Then, after what seemed like ages, my friend's body grew cold...

A young teenager passed by just now. I couldn't tell them about my other Eevee, or else Team Rocket would surely poach it and perform more heartless experiments. The teen had pokemon with them. I offered the pre-adolescent words of encouragement, and said a silent prayer. My Eevee would be better off in their care...

Eevee - Its genetic code is irregular. It may mutate if exposed to radiation from element stones.

Slowpoke - Incredibly slow and dopey. It takes 5 seconds for it to feel pain when under attack.

Spoink - Spoink bounces around on it’s tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this pokemon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, it’s heart will stop. It keeps a pearl on top of it’s head.

Porygon2 - Further research enhanced it’s abilities. Sometimes, it may exhibit motions that were not programmed.

Dodrio - One of Doduo’s 2 heads splits to form a unique species. It runs close to 40 MPH in prairies.

Weezing - Very rarely, a sudden mutation can result in two small Koffing twins becoming conjoined as a Weezing.

Creepy song version of hypno's lullaby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yfm3w7JnPw

I wrote this myself:
The Kanto Apocalypse

One day I decided that I wanted to play through Kanto again. Unfortunately, I didn't own Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, or Leaf Green. But I did own a Game Boy Advance SP. Since there isn't a Gamestop or anything near where I live, my only choice was to look at the local pawn shop. Luckily, they had Leaf Green.

I bought it and as soon as I got home, I put it in my Game Boy and started playing. It didn't have a save file, so I had to start a new game. Everything was normal until I battled my rival. I defeated him, all he said was "...". Then it went back to the overworld. Yet again he said "...". and the screen flashed black for a moment and he disappeared, kind of like after you defeat Red in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

I finally got to Pewter City, where I could battle Brock, the 1st gym leader. After I defeated him, the same thing happened with him. Then a question mark popped up above my character. Then a text box popped up saying, "Found the Boulder Badge and TM laying on the ground. Red (which is who I named my character) obtained the Boulder Badge and TM!" So I continued onto the next route.

The thing I mentioned earlier about Brock disappearing was happening to trainers I battled, too. Except I just picked up their money. As I walked down the route, some old man ran up to me and said, "Where ever you go, never go to Lavender Town. I heard that ghosts are possessing some of the residents and visitors there!" Then he ran off.

Now I've made it to Mt. Moon. I ventured through until I found Rocket grunts. At least, I thought that's what they were. When I battled them, their skin looked really pale, and instead of an "R" on their uniform, it was a "Z". I was thinking, "What does that stand for?" It actually freaked me out a bit. Finally I got to the super nerd. I beat him, but there were no fossils up ahead. So I just continued, finally reaching the exit.

I'm now at Cerulean City, were I can battle Misty. I battled her, but after I defeated her, she said, "I've had enough of defeat!" Then, in anger, she jumped into the water, and I never saw her again. I guess she drowned herself, or something. Luckily, the badge and TM were sitting on the platform that she was standing on, so I grabbed them and ran out of the gym.

I decided to go to Bill's house after this. There were no trainers on the Nugget Bridge or the route after it, which I thought was kind of strange. I still went into Bill's house. I saw him laying on the ground, kind of like the old man in Viridian City. I walked up to him and pressed A. A text box popped up and said, "You can't here him breathe. Check for heartbeat?" I said "Yes" "There is no heartbeat. He must be dead." So I walked right out and continued to Vermilion City.

When I got to Vermilion City, the S.S. Anne wasn't in the harbor. There wasn't any sailors there, either. I've also noticed that I didn't need Cut to get to the gym. I walked in, and to my surprise there was no trainers or electric gate. It was just Lt. Surge standing in the middle of the gym. I battled him then defeated him. But after the battle, he sent out an Electrode and sat on it. He said, "I can't take this anymore! Life is horrible! Electrode, use Self-Destruct!" And it did, killing Lt. Surge. The badge was on the ground, but I didn't have to take it.

I eventually got to Rock Tunnel and I couldn't wait to get out. After I managed to get out, I went straight to Lavender Town. I really didn't have any other choice. As I walked around the town, I noticed the gym leaders and trainers I battled were there. But their skin was pale; almost gray-colored. As I continued walking, I noticed that they were following me. Then I used my running shoes. There were still following me. About this time I noticed that they were zombies. I ran around town looking for an unlocked building to go in, but all the doors were locked except for 2: Mr. Fuji's house and Pokemon tower. The zombies were still following me.

I quickly ran into Mr Fuji's house. I knew I would be safe there. The house was completely empty, except there was a desk with a computer on it. Out of curiosity, I walk up to it and pressed A. This is what it said: "There's a text document. Read it?" I said "Yes" This is what the document said: "Something has gone completely wrong here in Kanto. If anyone is reading this, run from Lavender Town right now." At this point I was pretty freaked out. So I get out of the house and run towards the nearest exit. But that exit was blocked off by a fence. So I run to the other two exits, but they had fences, too.

I had no choice but to go into Pokemon Tower. I noticed that the zombies were gone. So I run into the tower. But soon I found out that the zombies were there. So they started chasing me. I ran upstairs to find some possessed channelers. They didn't want to battle, but they blocked the next staircase. By this time I had a Charizard. The zombies finally caught up. One walked up to me. Then a battle started. The zombie didn't send out any Pokemon, so the zombies battled. I sent out Charizard. I tried to use Flame Thrower, but it had the same response as a Ghost in normal games. The zombie bit my Charizard. My Charizard fainted. The only other Pokemon I had were only weak HM slaves, so I knew at this point I was screwed. After the zombie knocked out all of my Pokemon, I finally whited out.

Instead of ending up in a Pokemon Center, I found myself on the top floor of Pokemon Tower with zombies surrounding me. I looked at my party and it had no Pokemon. Then I looked at my trainer card. Then I realized that they infected me, so now I am a zombie. I walked out of the tower and there were no more gates. I traveled all the way to Celedon City, but it was completely deserted. Then I went to Saffron City, and it was completely empty as well. I walked up to the sign outside of Silph Co. and it said "Out of business" Then I realized that this was about 20 years later an Kanto has been completely deserted. I walked to the resident's houses and there were signs on the doors that said, "Moved to Isshu by force" Now I realized that the only living things in Kanto were zombies.

After this, I pulled out the cartridge and threw it in the trash because I was so freaked out. I will never buy any video games at pawn shops or play any Kanto-based games again.

I'm really tempted to write a creepypasta about Genosect. I mean, they never created an event for its capture (as far as I know) but it's still nice to imagine how Touya/Touko obtained it. Maybe Team Plasma left it on an island because it had a homicidal rampage after it had its cannon modified. I mean, come on, just look at its name!

Last edited:
Creepy song version of hypno's lullaby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yfm3w7JnPw

Oh dear god. Why did I have to hear that? As if the song itself wasn't creepy enough. o_O

I can't get it out of my head now. I'm not getting any sleep tonight...

Okay, decided to try my first shot at Pokemon Creepypasta. Please tell me if it's good.

Bronzong

Steel types. My favourite type. I have dedicated myself to the capture of all these armour plated monsters, from the colossal iron snake Steelix, to the cutesy yet beastly Mawile. There is, however one odd Pokémon that is just a mystery to the world, people from around the world have wondered the origins of this being, or more like, the insides... This Pokémon is Bronzong. I happened to witness one horrifying event right from my bedroom window...

Dion was strolling along the midnight, lamp lit streets one Sunday night. It was raining. Now, why would I mention something like that? Well, that day, that summers day, was brilliant. No clouds, no sign of rain, no nothing. That night, from what Dion could see, there was no sign of a raincloud; it just suddenly started to rain. The rain turned from drizzle to shower, shower to deluge, deluge, to impact as mighty as that of a waterfall.

Dion tried running for shelter, but the impact of the rain impaled him to the ground, his movement was slight, his trench coat soaked limiting his movement even further, he started to panic even more. He could hear a mystic sound just over the torrent, sort of a levitating sound. It was getting closer and closer, he found himself being lifted, not into the air, but in a slim, motionless standing position. The noise was getting louder, even though the sound was fairly quiet. Whatever was causing that sound is something the laws of physics could not explain. When it came to Dion, he realized that the laws of gravity couldn’t either...

He couldn’t speak, his body and mouth, frozen in shock, he did manage to say just but a few whispers; “What are you?” The creature, if you could call it that, replied only by making the sound of a huge bell being scraped across a rough floor. Fitting, as the object looked just like a huge, bronze bell. Then came the last part, it rose, upwards hovering directly above Dion. It then started to descend, the teenager trapped inside. What happened next is a complete mystery to me. I could just hear the agonizing screams emitting from my friend. After that, the object rose, nothing remained, just a puddle of blood that was quickly washed away, and a brown haired girl, pupil less eyes which stared into my soul. She launched a blue ball of electricity towards me, hoping to kill me so I could never pass along this tale. Luckily, I managed to survive, but that event haunts my mind to this day.

Three months after the event, I’m still here, typing up my tale. For what reason? I don’t know myself, that girl? No idea who she is or who she was, she has immense psychic powers and possibly controls this monstrosity, so watch out if you see her anywhere and the rain is heavy, be wary, for next time. It could be you...

Its decent, I guess. The girl wasn't expplained and that just made it wierd, not creepy. But i like the concept.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom