• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Creepypasta V.2 (Read First Post Before Posting)

Well. I suppose, it is time for a little Creepypasta after the months.

Shiny

Shinyess is not natural. I want you to know that.
That Mankey you hatched at the daycare? Not natural either.

I used to be a girl named Lily. I loved Pokémon. I loved it very much, playing it in most of my free time. What I loved more than Pokémon was hacking it.
Gameshark. Codes. Fake games. Glitches. Shinys. I'd done it all, played it all. I had infinite Rare Candies, the cheat for infinite Master Balls memorized, and so many Mew. My original Red had had a team full of MissingNo. and M', but the game crashed. Then I hacked it and made my own codes, adding sprites for Pokémon like Zoroark and Shinies. I had a Platinum where I'd hacked it so much the DS actually broke.
I also loved Creepypasta. I put a sprite for Lost Silver in my game and it made me jump when I played it. Sometimes I'd trade Banette to HeartGold and Soulsilver that would follow you around and refuse to leave, eventually murdering the player. One day I hacked out a glitched Mawile that would slowly eat the player's Pokémon if you didn't release it.
One day, I hacked an Alakazam called Transport. It had the same sprite as the Gen 1., only it had crosseyes and bloody spoons. Transport also had this eerie, insane grin. I'd managed to make it Shiny too, a horrible process. I wrote my own Pokedex entry for him, claiming that some Alakazam are so smart, they can go insane around Pokémon less intelligent. to put emphasis upon this, I filled my party with glitchy Slowpokes and Slowbros. Laughing, It traded him for a Shiny Mew. Eventually, I saw it circulate around the GTS, as after people saw its entry, they didn't want it anymore. Eventually I took it again as I was tired of looking at it. It became the strongest Pokemon on my team. But something was off about Transport. When I had him use any attack, he would raise a bloodied spoon, and if the Pokemon were wild, it would become Shiny. I soon had a PC box full of them. One night I left my DS running as I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I found myself in front of Transport. The demented-looking Alakazam stood in front of me, his sprite glitching occasionally.
"Wha-what? Wh-who? Whe-where?" I stammered. Suddenly the standard text box touched the bottom of the screen. It read,
"TRANSPORT: Me. Lab." I began freaking out. This was only a freaky dream. But Transport looked so real. His bloody spoon, pixels quickly rearranging, rose into the air. Another text box.
"TRANSPORT: Time. Sleep." WHACK! I was out cold.

What happened next I can't say. Maybe I fell asleep. Maybe I was genetically messed with. But when I woke up, I was small. I was quiet. And all I could say was,
"Aipom, Aipom!" A third text box.
"TRANSPORT: U R like the others. U dont care at all."
I noticed how his dialogue was now misspelled. I found myself in a Pokémon battle, being suddenly caught in a ball.

Remember this before you catch a Shiny Pokémon: It might be you soon.

If any of these hacks Lily talked about happened to you, sorry. I didn't know.

Last edited:
I've been reading and listening to Pokémon creepypasta for quite a while now. I've even recently wrote one myself which I like to share here
as well.

The Vegetable Mareep of Kalos

I love Pokémon. As soon as a new game gets released, I play it almost religiously. I became especially happy when I heard about X and Y, as they would be released simultaneously worldwide. Finally, a main series Pokémon game without the inconvenience of waiting months on end for a western release.

But I digress.

Once I got my hands on Pokémon X, my new adventure in the Kalos region began. I started out with a male Froakie named Kermit. Ten days after starting the game, I’ve raised my whole team to beyond level eighty before challenging the elite four and the champion.

Once I had finished the initial game, I went about exploring areas I missed during my game play as well as the hope to complete my Pokédex.
And that’s where things get……weird.

I battled a horde of Mareep on route twelve. When I returned to the over-world, a pokéball had appeared on the battle site. When I picked it up, the message “You obtained a Lamb Berry” appeared. I found that odd because when obtaining a berry in X and Y, it’s usually near a berry tree and they are shown as a tiny round berry like item, instead of a Pokéball item model.

I checked the lamb berry and as expected, it was found in the berry pocket. For some odd reason, when selecting the lamb berry, the cry of a Mareep was played while all the other berries didn’t have any cries at all.

The icon for the lamb berry looked like a yellowish cloud with small green leaves and a stem attached. Curiously I read the description.

“A berry often found near flocks of Mareep. If held by a Pokémon, it makes the Pokémon immune to electric attacks”

When I read that, I thought that this could come in handy in future battles. I decided to go to the berry garden on route seven, near Camphrier Town, where I planted the berry and added water to the soil, resulting in another Mareep cry after watering the buried lamb berry.

For about three or four days, I kept checking out the bush that grew from the lamb berry. Unlike the other berry bushes, which are usually green leafed, the lamb berry bush had yellow leaves and a blue stem: the same color scheme as a Mareep. It was also much bigger than the normal berry bushes, at least double or triple the size.
When I attempted to harvest the newly grown berries, multiple Mareep cries were heard simultaneously. Then came the transition animation for a battle with multiple Pokémon. What appeared surprised me and made me feel a little sick.

I recognized the battlefield scene as being similar to that of Santalune Forest and the forest covering route twenty. However, rather than normal foliage, the trees were all the same color scheme as the lamb berry bush. In front of me was a central lamb berry bush from which five Mareep were hung from on stems as if they themselves were the fruit of the bush.

I sent out my Pyroar, Ceasar and attacked one of the Mareep that were hanging from the tree-like bush. Although I managed to bring the opposing Mareep’s HP to zero, the normal fainting animation did not occur. Instead, the Mareep shriveled up and during the animation a weak distorted cry was heard, along with the sound of cracking and crumbling of bones along with the sound of stretching skin. The skin pulled tightly around the skull and leg bones, falling off of its stem to the ground with a hard thud sound before disintegrating to dust. I was then met with the text “Mareep has died”.

The color faded from my face when I saw what had transpired; I felt my lunch rising up from my stomach, but I managed to hold it in. The event reminded me of a story I've read a long time ago but I couldn't figure out what it was. I repeated the same process on each opponent until only one Mareep remained. I tried to capture it, like any wild Pokémon. I succeeded with the use of only one Pokéball.

My team was already full, so the newly captured Mareep was sent directly to the PC. When I returned to the over-world, the lamb berry bush had not died off and vanished the way I would have expected it to do once berries have been harvested. Not only that, but more lamb berry bushes had sprouted from the soil patches throughout the entire garden. Mareep cries could be heard through the entire area.

This was freaking me out. I decided to leave the garden and head to the Pokémon Center in Camphrier Town to check up on the Mareep I had caught. I switched out my Heliolisk, Nedry for the newly caught Mareep and checked out its stats. The Mareep itself appeared a bit withered and sickly. It also said that it is an ELECTRIC/GRASS type instead of the usual electric type. Also its HP bar showed as if it had been damaged during the battle, but I didn’t even attack it during the battle. Even if I did damage it during the battle, I expected it's HP to be fully recovered like what usually happens when a newly captured Pokémon was sent to the PC box. It only had one move – Seed Flare – a move I was sure Mareep couldn’t learn.

When I left the Center, I noticed that every ten steps, the screen would glitch. It was much like if a Pokémon were poisoned. “This is impossible” I thought to myself “Poison damage while walking in the over-world hasn't been in the games since it was last used in the fourth generation main game series”. When I checked my party, my Mareep’s health deteriorated. When checking its stats, the model had become more sickly and grotesque. Another ten steps and the mareep’s health was less then half it's total HP and looked even worse then before.

I tried to give it a super potion, but it had no effect. The Electric sheep's health just continue to deteriorate with every step. Suddenly I met with the animation for Sweet Scent, though yellowish, rather than its normal pink. A text then followed, “Mareep used Seed Flare. Mareep has died”.

I checked the stats and the character model was now a skull next to a pile of withered wool with flies all around it. Its type has changed to GRASS/GHOST. Its status now says “DEAD”

Now I was sure what these transpired events reminded me off. It's a myth called "The Vegetable lamb of Tartary", in which, like the Mareep in the game, sheep grew from a mysterious plant and slowly die when "harvested". Did Game Freak finally wanted to add an event based on a rather dark myth? I was both creeped out and intrigued.

When returning to the over-world, to my shock, I noticed yellow and blue sprouts appearing along the route. Some of which have become full-fledged lamb berry bushes. I tried to enter the grass to find other Pokémon. However, I kept running into the same horrifying horde battles with the lamb berry bushes with a flock of dangling Mareep.

I managed to escape the battles, but every escape simply made way for another battle, and then another in constant succession. More and more Mareep cries flooded the speakers. The cries grew so loud and numerous that the background music was drowned out completely. At that point, the screen glitched horribly and then received a message “The save file has gone corrupt and is deleted”

There I was....hours of training my team gone to waste. All of it...gone. That strange in-game experience...cost me all of it. Once I snapped out of my utter disbelief, I hurried online to see if others have had similar experiences with this event. Had others lost hours of progress due to this? Indeed, I found that I had not been the only one.

There were several other cases just like mine.... So many that even Nintendo....Even Game Freak have acknowledged it, though with no explanation as to why it had occurred. Instead, they simply offered special patches to prevent it.

I've since restarted the game and began rebuilding the team I lost. This time, I know to never pick up or plant a lamb berry. I can resume normal game play now, but I'll never forget the invasion of the vegetable Mareep of Kalos.

Hope you guys like this one and please let me know what you think of it :cool:

Last edited:
Here's mine. I have no clue how spoiler tags work, and so here is .... Bunbun's Revenge!!!

I was a huge fan of Pokémon back in the day. I had Red, Silver, Ruby, Pearl, Black, White 2, Heart Gold, X and Emerald. I was hanging around my college dorm, when I decided to load up my emerald version. I started a new file. I played through, catching a team of Wingding the Blaziken, Bananas the Tropius, Tusky the Walrein, Mr. Zappy the Electrode, Zingers the Linoone, and my new addition to the team, Bunbun the Banette. I couldn’t quite remember why I gave Banette such an odd name.
Anyways, I soon beat Wallace, and had caught Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyorge. I decided to hunt down the Regis. But when I went to the chamber, I heard odd music, like the music that plays when you encounter Blue in the original games, but backwards. As I translated the Braille messages, instead of what was normally there, there was new text that said “Go back to Littleroot. The trainers are ready.” The Trainers are ready? What the hell did the game mean? I used an escape rope, and had Bananas fly me to Littleroot. For some odd reason, to the south, was a tunnel like hole. I tried to leave, but a text box said :
BRENDON: No… Tyler must be made to face his destiny… and Master’s wrath.
Destiny? What did the game mean by “destiny”? And why did Brendon mention my name? I checked my party. I had everyone but … Bunbun was gone. Maybe the hole had something to do with it. I jumped into the hole. Along the sides, I saw a lot of trainers and Pokémon. I soon realized they were all of the Pokémon I had beaten, and the trainers. All of them, even the Pokémon said “ The Master awaits.” I made it out. As I popped up, I realized I was on Mount Pyre. Near me was a dark figure. The dark figure turned. It spoke.
Bunbun: Good. It’s time to repay what you did to me. Do you know what you did?”
Suddenly, I remembered why I had named Banette Bunbun.
When I was a kid, I had a stuffed toy bear named Bunbun. I had cherished it. It had a little plastic heart shaped necklace around its neck. But one day, a kid named Tony Sorrento had snatched the toy from me, and threw him in a dumpster. He later made amends, but I had missed that bear. Tony was in the same dorm as me, but down the hall. As I thought this, a new box appeared.
Bunbun: That is true?
A yes or no box appeared. I chose yes. Bunbun laughed, its cry echoing from my speakers.
Bunbun: Okay, then. I must punish Tony then.
Before I could tell him that Tony had just been a stupid kid at the time, Bunbun vanished. I ran into Tony’s room. A knife had pierced Tony’s chest, and in a crude carving on his abdomen was written “It is done.”
I ran to my room, panting and sweating. I turned on emerald again. In my party was Bunbun. I checked his stats and what I saw made me scream.
Bunbun was holding a knife, was covered in blood, and in Bunbun’s other hand… was a heart shaped necklace.

What do you think?

I don't know how good this is :/ this is my first time writing creepypasta.

My character in Pokémon Y wandered through Laverre City. I had beaten the gym leader, and now I was just checking everything out before setting off again. I knew where a lot of stuff was, having played through the game many times, but I still loved exploring.

I happened across a Hex Maniac I had never noticed before. She was standing in a corner in a small house off to the side of the city. I walked up to her, intending on having my character interact with hers. I was expecting either a battle or a gift.

The moment I pressed the A button, however, the Hex Maniac's sprite jerked back. Dialogue scrolled across the screen.

Hex Maniac Maple- Oh, ew. Another hideous girl.

I frowned. Why would the people at Game Freak program a character with such a bad personality? Maybe it was just so I could feel better after defeating her in battle. I turned my attention back to the nasty character.

Hex Maniac Maple- Look at those huge ears. They're horrible.

I fingered one of my ears self-consciously. They were a sensitive point for me. I suddenly wondered how the awful girl had known I had big ears. I was suddenly scared of her and tried to back away, but my character was still locked in place. Clearly, the Hex Maniac had more to say.

Hex Maniac Maple- Those ears belong on an elephant, not a human.

My eyes widened in shock as the screen went to black. What the hell was going on? When the screen brightened again, the appearance of my character, much to my dismay, was severely altered.

She very clearly had huge Phanpy ears and a short blue trunk, as well as blue skin. Those ears belong on an elephant... had that Hex Maniac broken my game? I banged the system against the table in an ill-conceived attempt to fix the problem, but it did no good.

The Hex Maniac was still there, and I thought I saw her laugh.

Hex Maniac Maple- Much better.

She then disappeared off the screen. I dashed around the screen, wrinkling my noise in disgust at my character's new appearance. I eventually gave up the search and tried to complete the game despite the alterations made by the maniac, but other changes became apparent as I progressed in the game.

For one, my only Pokémon was a Phanpy. All the other Pokémon in my party and PC box had disappeared, and I couldn't catch any new Pokémon. Every time I tried, the game glitched up and said 'That isn't an elephant!'

I eventually gave up and turned off the game for the night. My eyelids grew unusually heavy, as though they were coated in concrete. I could barely make it to my bed... before...

Phanpy phan. Phan phan phanpy py. Phanpy. Phan phan phanpy.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom