• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Creepypasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also tempted to write my own sometime, but I lost the amazingly creepy idea I had. Although, I think a story that would be kinda cool, if not entirely creepy, would be a story about Pokemon being stuck into the daycare with a Ditto. *shudders* I do it all the time, but it's so creepy to think about.

Do it from the victim's POV and it'll be all right! >:D

I doubt the Ditto actually copulates in that form - I believe it uses Transform, and then "does it".

Of course, canon could prove me entirely wrong, and if that's actually the way it goes about... eurgh. If I were an animal, I'd hate to have something mold around my privates too.

That's a good point.xD It's still an interesting thought. Especially if there's one like in the anime that can only have the one facial expression.

I may write that tomorrow if I get a chance. And I'm gonna try and remember the one idea I had and write it.

Although what sucks is that the other day, after reading through this thread, I looked up and completely forgot I have a Gengar plush that faces my bed.;; Creeped me out.

You do? I didn't quite get that part. :S I'm half asleep today.

Yeah, S. L. Ender is supposed to reference the Slender Man, who was programmed into the hacked Red version and haunted/stalked the guy in the creepypasta. Ain't that nice? :p

I'm also tempted to write my own sometime, but I lost the amazingly creepy idea I had. Although, I think a story that would be kinda cool, if not entirely creepy, would be a story about Pokemon being stuck into the daycare with a Ditto. *shudders* I do it all the time, but it's so creepy to think about.

A Ditto thats like Quagmire from FG would be a bit funny/weird too...[giggity] lols

Snow on Mt Silver is some pages back.

mine is here:

Ninetales Curse
It was another boring saturday. Nothing to do, nothing to play, nothing to listen, nothing to watch. So, what did I do? I went to a ROMs site, of course! I only wanted to find an interesting hack to play and came across one named “Pokemon Ninetales”. No need to say that I downloaded it without reading any other information. The one who made this hack also made a box art and put up a screenshot of the title screen, which featured a Ninetales on a black background and with the title reading “Pokémon Nintetales Version”Soon I realized, by the intro, that it was a Pokémon Crystal hack. “Interesting…”, I thought, “I should play and see where it goes.”.

As I selected “New Game”, the game skipped the naming, time setting and much anything else, taking me straight to the character’s bedroom. Pressing Start, I found out my character was named “Inari” for some reason. The play time was “9hrs 99mins”, which obviously was a hacked time. The money, however, was absolute zero and was in “Yen” instead of “PKMN$”. My character’s picture was Gold’s default and the Gym Leaders pictures were replaced by a “???”. Then I went to check Options and it showed a message:

“NO. YOU HAVE TO PLAY.”

A shiver went up my spine and I shook my head in disbelief. Then tried to save and, funny enough, it DID save. And know what else? It showed I had nine badges. That done, went to PokéGear to check it. Time and day were shown as interrogation signs and I had the phone, map and radio unlocked. The only station that worked in the Radio played the Kimono Girls music, which I actually enjoyed and the phone had only one entry: Ninetales. Funny… Why a Pokémon would have a phone? I didn’t care about that for now, so I went to check the Pokémon.

It was a female Ninetales, LVL 10. The sprite was modified to feature a mask, it had no animation and the cry was only a hissing, a white noise, that lasted one second. The name was simply Ninetales, but the attacks puzzled me: Will-‘o-Wisp, Curse, Kill, Transform. Could a Ninetales have those attacks in Pokémon Crystal? I doubted, but then I remembered this was a hack. So, I went on, playing the game. There weren’t many changes, other than the fact that this was my starter and Professor Elm told me I held an amazing power in my hands.

I tried each attack in the battles with interesting outcomes. Will-‘o-Wisp caused the wild pokémon to run away and the trainers to leave the battle, all of them with the message “Ninetales scared <name> off!”. Everytime I did this to a trainer, they disappeared and did not reappear. Then, I tried Transform. The result was of Ninetales’ back sprite disappearing and a message saying “Ninetales turned into a demon fox.”. One turn after, the trainer and wild pokémon ran away as the message “It is a monster!” appeared underneath. The trainers too disappeared from the map.

Curse’s result was pretty awesome. Ninetales became completly black and the message shown was “<pokémon> has been cursed!”. After the pokémon attacked, a message then reads “<pokémon> disappeared in a dark void!”, as the pokémon in question “sinks” as if fainted. Kill, however, was creepy. The screen flashed red and the pokémon sprite was gone, as Ninetales’ was red. When used on a trainer, the message “<trainer> has been murdered by Ninetales” showed up.

After two Gyms (and, oddly enough, gymleaders that didn’t reward upon their defeat), I received a call from Ninetales. It first said “Want to answer?” and gave me the two common choices (“Yes” and “No”). When I accepted, it asked if I was sure of this choice, to which I replied “No” and a message came up, saying “It might be really important. Why don’t you answer it?”. Rising an eyebrow, I pressed “A” and the same question from before appeared. Okay, then I accepted it and this message came up:

“FEED ME… FEED ME WITH THEIR SOULS… OR ELSE…”

I admit, it freaked me A LOT! My hands shivered and then I continued to play. After the next gym, another call. But the reply was forced. This time, the message was “See, I’m growing stronger, master. I love you, you are a great master.”. Still confused by her sudden change of heart, I went to check her. She was LVL 20, her sprite changed, with her having red markings and a tail missing. She was now holding an item: “Soul”

“Soul?!”, I thought, “What might it be?”. I tried to take from her and a message said “Please, don’t.”. So, I let her be. After another gym and pretty close from the fifth, another call came. This time, it asked me if I wanted to answer. I said “No” over and over, and the Kimono Girls music sounded strange, as if extended or distorted, after a while. Then I decided to answer to the call, only to be freaked again:

“YOU SEEM DELICIOUS, MY SLAVE! I WILL EAT YOU SOON!”

That startled me a bit, and got me to check her status. Ths sprite’s ‘mask’ was gone and so was another tail. Ninetales’ face was contorted into a smirk and the eyes seemed to blink in this evil smirk. The held item was now “Heart”. The moveset was unchanged. I kept playing and then noticed something weird about my character profile picture: it was wearing Ninetales’ mask! How that got here? I don’t know. I went to the bag to check if I had anything and I DID have one item: Mask. When I tried to use, it said “But you ARE using it already!”, and it lacked description.

The game went on, one tail disappearing after each gym, Ninetales’ held item changing into creepy ones (even “Skull”, “Liver”, “Brain”) and the calls coming. I was entering the Indigo Plateu and then a last call: “NOW IT IS TIME FOR ME TO COLLECT MY REWARD!”. The screen went black instantly. After two seconds, a message reads: “Ninetales used FLASH”. “Hey, she doesn’t have that move!”, I thought. Once the place lit up, I realized I was in a sort of labyrinth of floating platforms linked by patches of dirt, on which I could walk on.

And so I did. To my regret, every platform had a pokémon and/or trainer I “killed” with Ninetales’ “Kill”. None of them could interact with me, I went through them as if they were part of the ground and, after some platforms, another call: “Master… What did you do? Why did you use me so wrongly? I loved you… I really did…”. And then a message: “Ninetales died”. It was a shock, which caused me to check her status. Her sprite was of her lying down, with all her nine tails there, but no mask. She had no attack, she had 0/0 HP and she was LVL 0 now. Her only held item was “Inari’s Love”.

I couldn’t stop shivering and sheding tears, as I saw that very message. “What did I do?! I killed her!”, I thought as the grief took my heart. It was all over… Or not? No, it was not. I checked my trainer data and almost jumped: The “???” that replaced the gym leader pictures were now replaced by the various held items that Ninetales had until she died: Soul (in the form of a will-‘o-wisp), heart, skull, liver, brain, hand, guts and, lastly… a FOX MASK!

I left that screen and went to explore that hell I was in. Suddenly, once I got on a platform that had a yellow pokemon on a red water (which I presumed that was Ninetales), Gold turned into a yellow pokemon like this one. a message then said “WHAT HAVE YOU BECOME?”. I checked the player information now and the player picture was replaced by a Ninetales with the mask on. I tried to access my Ninetales’ Status and it said “YOU ARE NINETALES”. It was not true, I didn’t believe this. When interacting with the Ninetales in the puddle of blood, a mesage appeared:

“GO BACK!”

Whenever I tried, it only told me to go back… And I followed the path back to where I started. There I found Gold’s sprite standing there, as if looking straight at me. And it was, actually. Because it then said: “It is you… You are the one who controlled us to do all those horrible things… Now I can take revenge on you.”. A battle began against this Gold, but his name was Inari and mine… Was my real name (which I prefer to not disclose).

Inari sent out a creepy Ninetales: It was blood red, had long claws, a sharp bone extending from the end of each tail, long fangs and an evil smirk. As if it wasn’t enough, it was standing on a puddle of blood. As for mine, it didn’t send out anything, as my character was now the pokémon. Instead, it just prompted the attack menu with the attacks: Ember, Bite, Scratch and Growl. We were both LVL 100 and whenever I attacked it only showed “You can’t attack, you are too scared to even move.” and the enemy didn’t attack. After ten turns… The enemy used a mysterious new attack: Slaughter.

The screen went black and it showed a pair of red eyes in the center and two message boxes. The one on the top reads: “NINETALES EATS YOU!”, as the one below reads:

“YOU HAVE BEEN CURSED, AND SO IS ANY WHO READS THIS MESSAGE!”

Suddenly, a ghostly variant of Kimono Girls music played.

not bad. but i was looking for one in the actual pokemon world.

More from the tumblr site

Disoriented Tune

“You are looking nice” She said.
“Bah, it’s just an old shirt i have been wearing too long. But when I think about it I cant remember when I actually put it on or bought it.”
Thats weird, well maybe your mom got it for you right?
… That was the only thing i had in my mind.
My mom… I have no memories of her strangely.
It fades out. Theres nothing there. Only a strange scent but it gives me a home feeling.
Its so strange. Home? My home is here. It has always been here.
The more answers i get, the more questions i get.
Where am I? Who am I? What am i really doing here.
For a minute or so, everything went normal. But those images keeps flashing through my head.
A tv with just some static, a woman crying and three kids running away.
It keeps going over in my head. Her scream. Nothing makes sense anymore.
The world keeps turning upside down.
What is going on? Every time i ask myself a question, the surroundings keeps changing.
The sky turns red. The skyscrapers keeps getting taller. They all have corporate logos on them.
It all gets spinny. It gets dark. Suddenly i keep hearing buzzing for no reason.
They want you. They need you. Binaries keeps popping into my head, I see the numbers.
The binaries suddenly change into three numbers repeating after themselves.
731 731 731 731 731 731
An old computer pop up in front of me.
Theres a message on the screen.
“Are you trying to leave?”
I just stare at the screen.
“Why do you want to leave?”
I see a keyboard next to me, I grab it but it has no wires connected to it.
I feel the urge for answers and my fingers start typing: “What is this place?”.
“This is your home.”
A curse word escapes right out of my mouth.
“It has always been, remember?”
Remember, remember, remember. That word doesn’t mean anything to me. Since I can’t remember why am I here.
“You were happy, why dont you go back to being happy”.
No.
“I created this place for you. Be happy”.
I kept staring at the screen.
What the hell is going on!?, this didnt make anysense.
“GET ME OUT OF HERE!” I screamed.
The screen had a new message but the letters were written with blood. More like with fingers.
I looked closely and it stood: HELL IS SOON GOING TO BREAK LOSE!!!
When i was done reading that, pictures of massacres, people in pain, blood all over their faces. They kept screaming “HELP US!, HELP US!”
I was back in the room with the old computer. This the pc was dead. The screen was black. But as i raised my head i saw something terrifying on the white wall.
“RUN BEFORE THEY KILL YOU ALL” There was just blood everywhere. My heart stopped beating when i spotted two eyes above the message.
They disappeared soon after i gave it eye contact.

I woke up. I found myself sitting on the couch. With my old gameboy color and pokemon red insterted. I saw that my character was in Lavender town and kept
hearing the tune. It was so bizarre, it feelt like i had been having that tune in my dream the whole time. My legs were sleeping so i had to struggle to get myself
up from the couch. I went to the kitchen. A black ghost was staring at me for 2 seconds before it vanished. I thought it was just my brain playing tricks on me.

* 1998 July 23 - Kazuma Kaito killed 11 children in his school with his own hands. He had been trying to rip their eyes off. When the police found Kazuma in the janitors room they could hear him saying: “The end is near. It wont go away. Make it go away.”
Kazuma was asked by a psychiatric what he wanted to go away. Kazuma replied: “The black ghost”.
The psychiatric asked Kazuma what the ghost wanted from him. He then said: “It wants us to be afraid.”
“From what?” the psychiatric asked. “They want to take over the-” Kazuma started strangling himself, as the psychiatric tried to pull away his hands from his neck, the psychiatric could hear him saying with a low voice but struggling to say: “The ord-.. they are-… take ove-…”
That was Kazumas last words after he passed away. 3 seconds later the security guards stormed the room. Only to find they were too late and that the psychiatric was shocked.
The police went through the security tape. When the police looked at the unusual case, nothing seemed wrong but at closer inspection they noticed something terrifying and breathtaking.
When the hands turned against Kazuma, his face expression looked surprising and his eyes were aimed at the wall behind the psychiatric. His hands aggressively rushed towards his neck as if someone else was strangling him.
Like a third person being in that room. Kazuma wasnt really trying to strangle himself. He was fighting for his life. He was silenced. The truth was still safe.

(By MillerJ)

The forgotten trainer

Some time ago, there was a trainer who hadn’t known his father.
The boy started with a pikachu from a doctor. Then, he left his hometown, willing to defeat all the gym leaders and the Elite Four. In his journey, he fight against Team Rocket and defeated Giovanni, breaking up the organization. By that time, he had already achieved all the badges, and he get to the Indigo Plateau. He defeated the Elite Four and his rival, that had just achieved the championship.
After that, he traveled around Kanto, defeating trainers. He never lost a battle. Then he was allowed to go to the Mt. Silver. Only the greatest trainers were allowed to go there. There he found really strong pokemon, the stronger he had ever found. He thought it was a great training.

He forgot the time, and just trained with his beloved pokemon. He achieved the peak many times, and one day, when he had

just got to the peak, a young trainer apeared. Three years had already passed since he got to the mountain for the first time.

The young boy was so scared that send out his Meganium.
The Champion decided to take it seriously. After all, the trainer had got there. And even if it looked imposible, the Champion was defeated. When the exchampion got to his hometown, he was told that his mother had killed herself.

Al the town blamed him, and the trainer left the town.
He traveled around Kanto, and he found out that all has changed. He realized that there was nothing left for him. He felt that there was no place for him, defeated even in what had been his home for three years, so he got to the peak again. At the shining twilight, he take out his pokemon from their pokeballs. He told them that he was sorry for having destroyed their lifes along his own one.

And he told them what he had decided. For his pride and sorrow, his pokemon decided to follow him. And then, hugging each other, they all jumped in to the void.

They say that you can still see the spirit of that boy, walking on the top of Mt. Silver. The forgotten one.

Just a Rumor

Three years ago, much after Team Rocket broke apart, the rumored hauntings in Lavender Town came to a halt. No worries about Pokemon Tower, no Pokemon being killed, nothing of the sort.

Shortly after things were normal – well, as normal as that town could be – foreigners moved in. From another region named Johto, where different Pokemon roamed. Customs were different; there wasn’t a town there to respect the deceased. Not even a memorial.

Quite rude, the people would call them. They talked about setting up a radio tower, to fit in, supposedly. But Lavender Town was so tiny, snuggly built into the side of a mountain. It wasn’t very populated; why build a tower? Where would it be put?

Much to their disgust, the manager decided to tear down their tower. When asked, he claimed, “Oh, it was old and falling apart!” Or some nonsense similar to that, anyway.

Construction workers came in, tearing their beloved tower to pieces. Graves were moved to a smaller memorial home. It wasn’t the same – cramped, crowded and awfully humid. No spirits would want to rest in here.

The tower finished its completion, much to everyone’s dismay. DJs seemed to flood the town, moving into new houses and setting up their shows.

But we all knew this story, didn’t we? Yet a few weeks after the radio tower finished its completion, the rumors picked up again.

They were more gruesome, more horrifying than last time. People said that DJs were found dead, wires tightly wrapped around red-stained throats. Rooms were left a mess, papers and records littering the carpeted floors.

With rumors come disbelievers. They scoffed, claiming that their town was known for silly stories. It was to scare people, to uphold the tradition of how “creepy” it really was. So what if one ghost appeared? It was three years ago. Not like it mattered anymore.

No one else took much of it. A few remained wary, keeping their eyes on the tower into the late hours of the night. They looked for anything odd – flickering lights, murmurs, whispers, any signs of angered spirits.

To some people’s surprise, the rumors didn’t stop. Due to the town’s size, it spread like wildfire. Each one got more disgusting, the mental images burned into their minds. Some even leaked out into other towns, stopping all incoming trainers, who ended up taking another, longer way around Lavender Town.

More asphyxiation due to wires. Long, deep gashes caused by shattered glass. A few crushed under filing cabinets. Some rooms have the nasty odor of burnt flesh – somehow, electrocution has played a part as well.

DJs that are still alive claim of seeing odd things. Some have said loud, ear-splitting screeches have filtered through the headphones, nearly deafening a few. Rooms have gotten colder, with that horrid feeling of two eyes following you, wherever they went. Noises, faint hissing, had been heard as well.

But of course, the manager laughed everything off. Hauntings? What a joke – dead Pokemon can’t do anything! So what if he destroyed a tower? The graves got moved. That made everyone happy, right?

His staff had diminished to the point where there’s only a few left. Others have left, insanity taking over, fear of being killed by angered spirits.

For a while, things remained calm. Maybe the ghosts were satisfied? The people have heeded their warnings and visit the grave home every day, giving their respect and condolences to their trainers.

Weeks later, the tower was closed, caution tape covering every door and window.

The three remaining were found inside, dead, blood staining the walls and carpets. Believers give a smug grin, telling others that they knew it was inevitable. Spirits were never meant to be disturbed.

Disbelievers say otherwise, of course. They see nothing wrong, and say that it was just a dangerous tower, hastily built and lazy in construction.

And others just pass it off as another legend to be passed from generation to generation. Perhaps a tale to tell at night around the campfire or at sleepovers to scare their friends – whatever worked for them. Then there are people who do believe, warning others to not disturb the spirits anymore. Everyone believes a different story.

Whatever you believe, it’s entirely up to you.

It is Lavender Town, after all.

i love these

but i dident understand the snow on the mounet one why did the brother go nuts:/

i love these

but i dident understand the snow on the mounet one why did the brother go nuts:/

I don't really know, but if I were to guess, it was because he was a little kid and those horrible images and the whole concept of the game freaked him out and made him want to destroy anything related to that game.

Just my 2 cents.

MasterSceptile

This is my first creepypasta, so please feel free to tell me where I went horribly wrong! Also, it's based loosely on reality.

Part One
I was going through all of my DS games the other week, and I found something anomalous- for some reason, I had somehow gained a second Pokémon Diamond! I asked my parents- and wondered to myself- where it had come from. I had no memory of buying it, yet my parents were convinced one of my classmates had sold it to me at school. What was weird was, I hadn’t lost any money. Still, I had the money-grabbing notion to find out whose the game was, and sell it back to them. That was something I would come to regret.

I booted the game up. All was well, although the icon on the DS main menu said it was, in fact, ‘WarioWare: Touched!’. This was fine, I though. Some games are dodgy; hackers take an ordinary game cart and force a ROM into it so it becomes a different game. In spite of this, anyway, it WAS Pokémon Diamond, except the loading sequence began with the bells and screens from HeartGold and SoulSilver. but then cut to the Diamond opening sequence. I skipped this, out of habit.

Fortunately, the person had used their real name for their character- as, at my school, either you gave them your real name, or something stupid. The character was named ‘Paul’, but was a girl. Again, something people would do. When the journal screen vanished, I found that Paul was in the Jubilife TV building. What was especially strange about this was, as I later discovered, Paul (who was in the year beneath me) and his ICT class had gone to the local TV centre themselves- and right at that very moment, had been trying on some unknown actress’ clothes.

I went to his Trainer Case- he had no badges, yet had 5 stars on his card. I checked his Pokédex- empty. His Pokémon were a reflection of this- he had none. I went to the Pokémon Lottery Corner, to see what the attendant would say- apparently, Paul had won somehow, and received a Master Ball. Then, a PA sounded, requesting that all children must prepare to leave within five minutes, so I (playing as Paul) left the building, where a bus was waiting. He boarded, and the screen went black.

When the image returned, the bus was in Sunyshore City, and the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum protagonist’s mother was waiting there. She said to come home (as, for some reason- a hack, I presumed- Paul now lived in the house with all the Pikachus in, just west of Sunyshore. She ran on ahead, leaving me back in control of Paul.

Before I headed ‘home’, I stumbled across a Pokéball icon. I checked it, and it said ‘Paul found an Amulet Coin!’. Fair enough, at least if Paul (the real guy) had had the nerve to NOT hack, and get some Pokémon to attach it to!
With this new discovery, I made Paul leave Sunyshore and head back. On the way, Paul went through some grass which, in normal gameplay, is not usually there. The screen flashed, and it was a wild female Purugly (although it was marked as a Lv.100 K, whatever ‘K’ is). Paul didn’t send out any Pokémon- because he couldn’t. However, the options remained as normal- except, there was only an Attack option. His/Her four moves were Doubleslap, Bite, Yawn and Flail. I selected Bite.

Evidently, Paul had a poor Speed stat, as the Purugly attacked first. It used Scratch on Paul, who shuddered, flashed purple with some bubbles, and the screen saying ‘K used Scratch!’, then ‘Paul was poisoned!’, then finally, ‘Paul has died!’ as Paul sank off the screen. The screen went black, then returned to the title screen. Prepared to return to Jubilife TV, I started it up, only to be faced by Rowan, as if there had never been a saved game in the first place. But that’s only the beginning...

Part Two
The night following the day I played that weird game, my four cats were going crazy, like they do just when you don’t want them to. In the end, they managed to get out of the back door. I’ve always thought, we need a cat flap, but apparently the doors are incompatible. Anyway, the cats were out all night, and slowly, one by one, they came back in, reluctantly, in the morning- Moe, then Bonny, followed by Stanley, and, at last, after a long wait, Kira. I proceeded to get ready for school.

That day, at school, the usual Thursday morning year group assembly was cancelled, and replaced with a full school assembly. The headmaster, who had joined the school not two years previously, towards the end of when I was in Year 9, was slightly pale, and he told us that one of the Year 10s had died. Big deal, I thought to myself- cruel, I know, but everyone in that Year 10- and all those in the year beneath me since I was in Year 7- had been pests and nuisances, and I wouldn’t have cared more then than I did now. So sue me.

I wasn’t listening until I heard the headmaster say something that piqued my curiosity- as I said, his ICT class had been at the local TV centre. According to this recount, he had not had time to return to his school uniform, so the coach that took his class there took him straight back to the town he lived in- still in those actress’ clothes. When he got off the bus, his mother phoned him, telling him to hurry home- as she had won the full National Lottery jackpot! After this, he had apparently come across some Chinese lucky coins, and kept them.

Sadly, the headmaster concluded, in spite of the lucky coins and the lottery win, he had been assaulted by a stray cat on the way home. He had tried to get it to move aside, but it attacked him.
And scratched him.

The wound turned septic, and he died.

DNA samples proved the cat to be my Kira. She was Paul’s murderous ‘K’.

When I got home, I found no trace of that Diamond cartridge, just the one I called my own. I had last saved the game in Sunyshore City myself (and I had been one who gave the characters off-the-wall names). On the trail of Cresselia, Cindy (my character) went west to look for the elusive Pokémon. What I/she found was a roadblock. There was a dead body of a female character lying dead in the road. I tried on Pearl, and Cedric (my Pearl character) found the same roadblock. I downloaded a fresh copy of Platinum off the internet, and I selected ‘New Game’, only for a text box to tell me that:

‘You cannot start a new game until they bury Paul!’

At school, the next week, there was a follow-up assembly in which we were told Paul had had his funeral, was cremated, and had his ashes buried.
That night, the roadblock was gone. So was Kira. We never found her.

Also, if there's anything I didn't make clear, I'll happily answer any queries on the story.

EDIT: my bad about the paragraphs; I just copied them from a word document I knocked up in about 10 minutes...

Last edited:
This is my first creepypasta, so please feel free to tell me where I went horribly wrong! Also, it's based loosely on reality.

Part One
I was going through all of my DS games the other week, and I found something anomalous- for some reason, I had somehow gained a second Pokémon Diamond! I asked my parents- and wondered to myself- where it had come from. I had no memory of buying it, yet my parents were convinced one of my classmates had sold it to me at school. What was weird was, I hadn’t lost any money. Still, I had the money-grabbing notion to find out whose the game was, and sell it back to them. That was something I would come to regret.
I booted the game up. All was well, although the icon on the DS main menu said it was, in fact, ‘WarioWare: Touched!’. This was fine, I though. Some games are dodgy; hackers take an ordinary game cart and force a ROM into it so it becomes a different game. In spite of this, anyway, it WAS Pokémon Diamond, except the loading sequence began with the bells and screens from HeartGold and SoulSilver. but then cut to the Diamond opening sequence. I skipped this, out of habit.
Fortunately, the person had used their real name for their character- as, at my school, either you gave them your real name, or something stupid. The character was named ‘Paul’, but was a girl. Again, something people would do. When the journal screen vanished, I found that Paul was in the Jubilife TV building. What was especially strange about this was, as I later discovered, Paul (who was in the year beneath me) and his ICT class had gone to the local TV centre themselves- and right at that very moment, had been trying on some unknown actress’ clothes.
I went to his Trainer Case- he had no badges, yet had 5 stars on his card. I checked his Pokédex- empty. His Pokémon were a reflection of this- he had none. I went to the Pokémon Lottery Corner, to see what the attendant would say- apparently, Paul had won somehow, and received a Master Ball. Then, a PA sounded, requesting that all children must prepare to leave within five minutes, so I (playing as Paul) left the building, where a bus was waiting. He boarded, and the screen went black.
When the image returned, the bus was in Sunyshore City, and the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum protagonist’s mother was waiting there. She said to come home (as, for some reason- a hack, I presumed- Paul now lived in the house with all the Pikachus in, just west of Sunyshore. She ran on ahead, leaving me back in control of Paul.
Before I headed ‘home’, I stumbled across a Pokéball icon. I checked it, and it said ‘Paul found an Amulet Coin!’. Fair enough, at least if Paul (the real guy) had had the nerve to NOT hack, and get some Pokémon to attach it to!
With this new discovery, I made Paul leave Sunyshore and head back. On the way, Paul went through some grass which, in normal gameplay, is not usually there. The screen flashed, and it was a wild female Purugly (although it was marked as a Lv.100 K, whatever ‘K’ is). Paul didn’t send out any Pokémon- because he couldn’t. However, the options remained as normal- except, there was only an Attack option. His/Her four moves were Doubleslap, Bite, Yawn and Flail. I selected Bite.
Evidently, Paul had a poor Speed stat, as the Purugly attacked first. It used Scratch on Paul, who shuddered, flashed purple with some bubbles, and the screen saying ‘K used Scratch!’, then ‘Paul was poisoned!’, then finally, ‘Paul has died!’ as Paul sank off the screen. The screen went black, then returned to the title screen. Prepared to return to Jubilife TV, I started it up, only to be faced by Rowan, as if there had never been a saved game in the first place. But that’s only the beginning...

Part Two
The night following the day I played that weird game, my four cats were going crazy, like they do just when you don’t want them to. In the end, they managed to get out of the back door. I’ve always thought, we need a cat flap, but apparently the doors are incompatible. Anyway, the cats were out all night, and slowly, one by one, they came back in, reluctantly, in the morning- Moe, then Bonny, followed by Stanley, and, at last, after a long wait, Kira. I proceeded to get ready for school.
That day, at school, the usual Thursday morning year group assembly was cancelled, and replaced with a full school assembly. The headmaster, who had joined the school not two years previously, towards the end of when I was in Year 9, was slightly pale, and he told us that one of the Year 10s had died. Big deal, I thought to myself- cruel, I know, but everyone in that Year 10- and all those in the year beneath me since I was in Year 7- had been pests and nuisances, and I wouldn’t have cared more then than I did now. So sue me.
I wasn’t listening until I heard the headmaster say something that piqued my curiosity- as I said, his ICT class had been at the local TV centre. According to this recount, he had not had time to return to his school uniform, so the coach that took his class there took him straight back to the town he lived in- still in those actress’ clothes. When he got off the bus, his mother phoned him, telling him to hurry home- as she had won the full National Lottery jackpot! After this, he had apparently come across some Chinese lucky coins, and kept them.
Sadly, the headmaster concluded, in spite of the lucky coins and the lottery win, he had been assaulted by a stray cat on the way home. He had tried to get it to move aside, but it attacked him.
And scratched him.
The wound turned septic, and he died.
DNA samples proved the cat to be my Kira. She was Paul’s murderous ‘K’.
When I got home, I found no trace of that Diamond cartridge, just the one I called my own. I had last saved the game in Sunyshore City myself (and I had been one who gave the characters off-the-wall names). On the trail of Cresselia, Cindy (my character) went west to look for the elusive Pokémon. What I/she found was a roadblock. There was a dead body of a female character lying dead in the road. I tried on Pearl, and Cedric (my Pearl character) found the same roadblock. I downloaded a fresh copy of Platinum off the internet, and I selected ‘New Game’, only for a text box to tell me that:
‘You cannot start a new game until they bury Paul!’
At school, the next week, there was a follow-up assembly in which we were told Paul had had his funeral, was cremated, and had his ashes buried.
That night, the roadblock was gone. So was Kira. We never found her.

Also, if there's anything I didn't make clear, I'll happily answer any queries on the story.
It is extremly hard to read as it is just one big block of text. Maybe make paragraphs, so I can actualy read it?

Really sorry about that; I've sorted it out now.

Not too creepy, but a good read nonetheless. It's nice to find a decent story from the more recent gens too - nice! :3

Also awesome that it was written by a fellow Brit. :thumbup: XD

Wow, you actually wrote it very well. A rarity on bulbapedia, most that I find are too enterkey-happy, are comma splices galore, or don't use any commas. It seemed more like a "weird" story than a scary one, though.

EDIT: Just checked the tumblr site again

Don't Look

This has always been a quiet town. As of late, it’s been quieter still. These days, people are reluctant to leave their homes.

It started off harmlessly enough. In fact, when it began, no-one would realise for quite some time that it even had. People began to suffer from increasingly severe headaches. Children were affected the most. My wife was one of the people affected, I myself did not notice any ill effect, and did not make the connection until much later.

I would guess that it was roughly a week after these headaches started, that anyone first noticed something was amiss. The first body found was a young boy, I couldn’t say for sure but I think he must have been only 12 years old at the most. Looked to be suicide.

That was just the start. From that point on, people started dropping like flies. Most fell into some manner of coma; some were suicides, as with the first case, while a small few seemed to have died outright, of no discernible cause.

What was more baffling still, was that there was little rhyme or reason to those affected, no common thread tying these people together.

Though concerned, of course, I had my own job to do, and thought I could do little else but leave the matter to those that were qualified to deal with it.

When I returned to my home not three days from the first death, however, I changed my mind.

- - -

I daresay whoever is reading this can guess at what awaited me. I would request your understanding that I do not wish to dwell long on this particular detail. Suffice to say, my wife was not waiting for my return, to greet me in our usual fashion, nor will be again.

I now had a personal stake in events, and understood all too clearly the terrible reality of the situation. With this, how could I possibly sit by and hope that someone else would resolve the situation? No, I had to do whatever I could.

The public, understandably, were quite reluctant to divulge any information to me. I cannot blame them for that. Slowly, I began to piece together the events of, by this stage, the last couple of months.

The first indication that something was wrong, I realised, was the headaches. These still persisted, and typically, when they were at their worst, someone would suffer in some fashion soon after.

However, those suffering from the headaches, and those that were dying or falling from consciousness, were two different groups. Sometimes overlapping, but it was still clear that one did not lead to the other. So rather than being the cause, I can only fathom that these headaches are a sign of the presence of whatever is doing this.

The second thing that caught my interest was the state of the victims. In almost every case, regardless of the eventual outcome, the victims show signs of self-inflicted injury. Even those patients that have survived, albeit remaining, still, unconscious, show signs of this.

The final piece of information that I have managed to gather, and the detail that has been by far the most difficult on which to persuade people to speak, is as follows.

Only 10 hours prior to the first death, erratic behavior was observed in a variety of electronic equipment. Key amongst these, in my opinion, are that through radio and other audio emitting devices, a heavy static and garbled noises have been experienced [Headaches seem to have been especially severe in those to have heard this.], and that there have been claims that a shadowy figure was seen crossing TV monitors, against a backdrop of static. Of the latter, I have only been able to gather second-hand accounts. Only a couple of months ago, I would have dismissed such fanciful tales, but with the town’s atmosphere as it is, with all those that have suffered, I find the idea that there is some connection to these events quite plausible.

It is only now, that I come to write this, that I realize that in the past few weeks, many of the people I have spoken to have left their TVS and radios switched off, unplugged, or seem not to own one at all.

- - -

I’ve seen it! The shadow they spoke of!

I was at the hospital, attempting to find out if they had observed any change in the comatose victims. My, I must profess, unsuccessful, attempts at interrogation were interrupted by a sudden, harsh burst of static. The nurse fled immediately, but I, instead, sought the source of the noise.

The screen that would normally display the patient’s vital signs was the culprit, now only a flurry of snow upon it. Against my better judgement, I did not avert my eyes, and so, continued to look on as I saw an indistinct, shadowy figure pass from one side of the screen to the other. Once it had passed, the noise subsided, and the original display slowly flickered back into view.

This is it, the cause of these events, I am sure of it. And now, having seen it. My fate. Is it, perhaps, the same?

You may be familiar with how, if you gaze upon a bright light, an image of its shape will remain once you close your eyes. That shadowy figure, in this manner, remains with me now, as I write this. It has not faded.

Worse, it does not remain still. Since I first saw it, the figure has imitated the first few steps of the figure I saw in the monitor. But now, I know, it has become aware of me, and is slowly turning in my direction.

If I could keep my eyes open, perhaps I would be safe, but everyone needs to blink. My eyes may only close for a fraction of a second; too briefly for me to even see how much progress that figure has made but I know, all the same, that it’s progress is unstoppable now. Perhaps if I took a longer look, the figure may not, by now, be quite so indistinct. Perhaps, if I had the courage, I might be able to offer some insight as to the identity of this killer. But I dare not. I do not know how close it is to me now.

I don’t know how much time I have left, but I must tell all I can, in the hopes that someone may succeed where I have failed.

You may have figured it out by now, you, who are reading this, but the injuries sustained by the previous victims…In almost all cases, the injuries were to the eyes. Some died in the attempt, but those who now lie in comas are the ones that succeeded in destroying their sight. Many that died showed signs of trying, as well, but I can only imagine they were not quite fast enough.

I…do not have the will to attempt it, I can only hope what I write here will, in some way, help to end this.

Do not look upon ANY manner of screen.

No matter what happens.

Do NOT look.

It’s close!

It’s he

- - -

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Leaf Green – It emits special alpha waves from its body that induce headaches just by being close.’

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Diamond – If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck.’
http://nonparael.deviantart.com/#/d2zcvju

Last edited:
That's a pretty good story, great job:) I'm also writing a story right now.

The story was average, if that. The student's apathy when confonted with the death of a fellow studnt I find most hard to believe, having had two students at my school die. Also, I doubt they'd be able to work out which cat did it too. That would require them to take many samples from cats all over the area and then compare each one of those samples to any testable sample on the scratch. And even then, what were they gonna do, put the cat on trial? The authoities just wouldn't bother. There should've been a better thought out way as to how he knew it was Kira.

I also seriously don't think the Headteacher would go through all of the events leading up to the student's death, they probably wouldn't even tell you the cause. It would be more likely he'd find all that out from a newspaper.

Overall I found the plot hard to believe and predictable at the best of times.

I'm not trying to offend but simply give an honest review, with which to build upon. There is too much sub-par creepypasta out there.

The Cursed Ones

Crystal, a young and feisty girl, couldn't wait to get started on her pokémon journey. She skipped to the lab of Professor Elm, and he was waiting for her happily. Three pokéballs were laid out before her, just like in all the stories she'd heard. But something shining caught her attention, an oddly colored ball in the corner. When asked what it was, the Professor's expression turned grim. He explained that it was a Friend Ball, and inside was a Kanto pokémon that had been sent to him by Professor Oak. Crystal became instantly excited and asked if she could have that pokémon, instead of the usual three. The Professor was nervous, but after some probing from the girl he finally let her have it – with the warning that it would take a lot more training than the original three. She took it without a care and rushed off onto Route 29, releasing the pokémon inside.
"Bulba- Bulbasaur!"
The pokémon called out happily, looking at its new owner. Crystal analyzed her partner, her friend. Surprisingly, it was a girl – something rare for starter pokémon. And she was only level 1. Crystal decided, digging into the memories of all the pokémon books she had ever read, that this pokémon had been bred, and for some reason sent to Johto. But something struck her – they couldn't breed over in Kanto. Breeding was something new that had been introduced in her generation – and, speaking of Kanto, did their pokémon even have genders? The books all pointed that her new friend shouldn't even exist; yet, here she was, happily awaiting orders.
"Oh well, let's start training, Venu!"

Being at level 1 proved difficult at first, but with determination – and many potions – the duo pushed through. Upon level 5 Venu had only learned one new attack – Growl. She already knew Tackle, which is what they had been pushing forward with, but it seemed like there was something more, something Crystal had not yet learned about her new friend. She sat down with Venu and questioned her on it, with which Venu responded with a smile and a "Bulba!" So there was something, she just had to find out what it was.
They trained until level 10 and, upon learning Leech Seed, made their way into the Cherrygrove City Pokémon Center; a much-needed rest for the both of them. While Venu was healing, Crystal decided to head over to the Poké Mart and stock up on items. As she exited, she saw two boys battling – one, dressed in yellow with black hair, had a Cyndaquil, and the other, dressed in black with red hair, had a Totodile. Both pokémon hadn't been leveled very much, but the yellow boy's Cyndaquil took away more health per attack – it was leveled higher. With one last Tackle attack the little blue pokémon fell, and the red-haired boy sighed in disgust.
"Humph. Are you happy you won?"
He returned the Totodile, and Crystal felt bad for the poor thing. With the anger and tension clearly plastered across his face, the redhead turned to the yellow boy.
"… My name is Silver. I'm going to be the world's greatest pokémon trainer."
With that he left, and the yellow boy turned and noticed Crystal for the first time. She smiled and walked over to him. "Hey, you battle pretty well. Do you mind if I battle you? After you heal your pokémon, of course! I'll show you to the Pokémon Center!" She led the trainer to where the nurse waited with Venu. Venu happily rushed to Crystal and sat at her feet, waiting for their adventure to continue. The yellow trainer handed his pokémon to the nurse and curiously looked at Venu. He took out a red machine and pointed it at the pokémon – but all he got in return was static.
"Odd."
He replied with a confused expression. Crystal had no idea what the machine was, or what outcome he expected from it, but she filled in the trainer with what she had learned from her books.
"Venu? Oh, she's a Bulbasaur. A grass type, so she wouldn't normally do well against your Cyndaquil, but I believe in her! My name's Crystal, by the way."
A smile was plastered across her face, and slowly the yellow trainer returned the smile, his confusion gone.
"My name is Gold. Exbo is my Cyndaquil, and we'll defiantly win against your Venu!"

The two set off to battle, after, of course, both Expo and Venu were healed, and it soon turned…strange. Both pokémon were at level 10, and were wearing each other down with Tackle attacks. Then, Gold switched it up and ordered Expo to use Smokescreen. Venu looked around, coughing, not seeing where her enemy waited.
"Venu, try Leech Seed!"
Venu obeyed, but to no avail. When no energy returned to her, they both realized Venu had missed – and that's when Expo made his move.
"Expo, use Tackle!"
A critical hit.
The smoke cleared and Crystal saw her beloved partner lying on the ground, only a sliver of energy left.
"Curse my luck!!"
Curse. Venu slowly stood and a new power washed over her. Crystal didn't know what was going on, but she could see that Venu was ready to go again. Expo attacked first, which wasn't odd, but his Tackle attack didn't finish Venu off – It was like it just bounced off. Venu awaited orders.
"Uh- Venu, use Tackle!"
The small fire pokémon went down after that, which surprised both trainers. Gold and Crystal shook hands, a great battle between new rivals, and headed to the Pokémon Center. After both pokémon were healed, Gold went on his way, which left Crystal to ponder with her little bulb of a pokémon.
"What was that new move?"
"Bulba, bulba?"
The girl pondered over what she had said before Venu had unleashed this power. Luck? My? Curse! That had to be it. She would defiantly use this move again in later battles, she decided.

Between Cherrygrove City and Violet City, she met up with two trainers that hadn't been taken out by Gold or Silver. Both battles she used Curse, and both battles she won. This pushed Venu to level 16, and she evolved into Ivysaur. This sent the two into a cheering frenzy, and they entered Violet City in high spirits. That night the two got a room at the local Pokémon Center, and Crystal fell asleep without a problem.
Venu, however…

One. Discover a new talent.
Huh? What?

Two.. See that it wins battles.
Who's there?

Three… Feeling on top of the world.
What? Where am I? She was in a room with no doors, no windows – only darkness.

Three times is not the charm, little girl. What will happen after three? Will you feel sick? Woozy?
What are you talking about? Three times with what?

Curse, simple child. What will happen if you keep using Curse? Will you end up…looking like US?!
Suddenly faces flew at her, horrid, twisted faces. The smell of the room turned from non-existent to a decayed, poisonous smell; like a graveyard. Venu gasped as three figures hovered around her, one small, gaseous ball, one bigger, floating head with disconnected floating hands, and one large, complete body with a wicked grin. What do you want?! She heaved, a little afraid to even address the three.

We're only here to warn you. The floating head spoke, moving closer, grabbing her chin. If you continue to use Curse, you may just end up looking like us.
Wh-what? Venu winced as his claws dug into her flesh. It's just a move; it can't change me!

Oh, but it can.
He let go, and she was suddenly surrounded by noxious gas; the floating ball peering over her shoulder. We used to be just like you, you know. We used to be normal pokémon with trainers, just like you. Why, my name used to be Shellder. I was happy, I worked hard for my trainer, back when there were no pokéballs and pokémon went with trainers by their own will. But when I learned a new move – Curse – things between us changed. He made me use it battle after battle and, while we were winning, I slowly decayed into sickness. My shell peeled away, and the noxious fumes coming from my body formed into a new shell – though see-through. The trainer abandoned me, hating what I had become, even though it was his own fault. I changed my name to Gastly. I watched all the new Shellder, my former self's spawns, but none of them seem to learn the same move sets I did…

Venu was relieved of the gas and the largest figure floated towards her. His eyes stared her down, keeping her within his gaze. My name used to be Clefable. I came down with my partner, Clefairy, and inhabited a mountainside. I, too, went with a trainer – to see how far my skills would take me. However I, too, learned this strange move – Curse. Like Gastly, my trainer made me use it battle after battle, and we always won, but I slowly descended into sickness. My body decayed, parts falling off, flesh rotting, and I turned into this. My trainer left, disgusted, and I changed my name into Gengar. I went back to the mountain to see my old partner, but she had changed. She'd spawned new copies of herself, which transformed into copies of my former self. But none of them learned Curse – that nightmare ended with me.

Venu was growing weary; horrified at all these stories, but she knew it wasn't the end. Gengar left, and she was faced with the last one, the middle spirit. He floated back over to her, his claws inches from her face. I used to be known as Raticate. I, unlike the others, roamed free. I learned Curse and constantly used it against any opponent I faced. I forced myself onward, I wasn't pushed by the commands of an owner, and I caused my own downfall. I continued to use Curse even as I fell, and so my body distorted and decayed in even more ways. My hands fell off, but some force kept them with my head; the rest of my body dropped off. I was only a floating head, re-named Haunter, but I realized, after I stopped dying, that Curse now had a new effect. I no longer had a life, but Curse now took away my energy – but at a price to my enemies. I cursed my enemies with nightmares of their worst fears, and it drove them into insanity; slowly draining away their health like it had once done to me. I easily healed after the attacks, but realized that, like my friends here, my earlier spawns did not learn the way I had. We three found each other, and we witnessed as other strange abnormalities happened with other Pokémon and their move sets. Others that looked just like us soon joined our ranks, and we saw that, while we were dead, we were still Pokémon. The pokéball was invented, and our counterparts got caught, along with other Pokémon. But one thing we noticed – none of our counterparts remembered the move Curse. They learned it as they leveled, remembering it slowly.

All three flew back their bodies slowly disappeared until only their eyes and grins were left, staring Venu down. We were the Founders; therefore we know what Curse does. How do you think Ghost pokémon came to be? An unlucky pokémon learns the move, and his body slowly dies. The form its body takes depends on the pokémon, and it changes with each region. What pokémon does death bring in future regions? If unlucky pokémon like you continue to use Curse, we'll find out soon enough, won't we? The three mouths opened and flew at the startled Ivysaur.

Venu awoke with a start. Crystal, who was having a pleasant dream, looked at her friend sleepily "Huh? Venu? What's wrong??" The pokémon realized it was just a dream, and nervously laughed it off. There was nothing wrong with Curse – of course. It made her win battles, and her trainer liked using it. She wouldn't let some nightmare get to her.

Over the course of a few weeks, and Curse being used in quite a few battles, Venu grew sickly and pale. The nightmares continued night after night, even after evolving into a Venusaur. Crystal, while slow to realize, finally noticed that there was something wrong with her beloved Venu. The large pokémon let her know that it was the move, Curse, and Crystal decided on never using it again. She let Venu take a long rest and used her other five pokémon for battles after that. Venu never got better, but she did seem chipper and more ready and willing to battle – a bonus was that she no longer had the nightmares. A month or two after that, they got to the Elite Four, and her team was in top condition – except for sickly Venu, but it had come to become part of her, and Crystal accepted it.
They easily made their way through the four trainers: Will, Koga, Bruno, and Karen. Then came the champion: Lance. Crystal soon found that he was more difficult than the rest – knocking out all of her pokémon, except for Venu, her starter. Venu came out, ready to take orders, and she faced Lace's last two pokémon. She knocked out his first, Dragonite, but then he threw out the last thing Crystal wanted to see: Charizard – a fire type.
He gave Venu quite a ride, and they were both down to their last slivers of health. Both trainers were out of healing items, so it was all down to this. Crystal could see Venu struggling, just like- she remembered now. Just like when she first battled Gold and Expo; and she remembered the long-forgotten move, Curse. She knew Curse was the reason Venu was like this, but she also knew that it could bring in the win – the championship. Venu would push through, right? Like she always had? It was only once more – they can do it. With a small pause, she uttered the words.
"Venu, use Curse."
Venu hesitated, but couldn't refuse an order from her master. She used the move, and Charizard's next attack seemed to just bounce off. Having already used Sunny Day, Venu and Crystal both knew they were going to win.
"Venu, now use Solar Beam!"
Charizard fell, as did Venu soon after. Crystal rushed to her pokémon's side, but with Lance congratulating her, all she felt the need to do was return Venu to heal her at a later time. She accepted the title and left, skipping out to the Pokemon Center within the Indigo Plateau, handing over all her pokémon for healing. Once she got her team back, she let out Venu to congratulate her – but screamed in horror. Venu was in the process of decaying, her skin was falling off and her body became much smaller, her giant flower wilted and her vines pulled back into her head. Her flesh had become a sickly blue, her vines tinted the softest of fleshy pink, and her petals fell off and became like jewels, wrapping around her neck and floating. This new Venu blinked, looking at her owner. She tried to speak, but all that came out was…
"Mis?"
It was as if that's what she had always said – like it was part of her. None of this surprised her; the only thing that she was confused about was Crystal herself. Who was this girl? Why did she feel as if she knew her?
Crystal quickly returned Venu- no, this wasn't Venu anymore. She sent out her trusted Xatee, who seemed to look with a bit of anger at the pokéball in Crystal's hands.
"Fly to New Bark Town, and hurry!"
She jumped onto the pokémon's back and they flew off, landing in front of the lab after a short time. Crystal returned Xatee and rushed in, demanding an answer from Professor Elm. He looked confused, but as soon as he saw the pokéball in the girl's hands, he knew.
"Look, Crystal, I'm sorry. I tried to warn you."
"What happened to Venu?!"
Tears were in the girl's eyes now. He sighed and sat her down.
"That Bulbasaur came to me from Professor Oak; I told you that already. But I left out her whole story. You see, Oak found her as an egg at his lab. A trainer had recently sent him a pokéball containing a Slowbro – but something seemed wrong with it. It was pale, and very sickly. It wasn't as dimwitted as you would expect the species to be, he just seemed to want to die, you know? Oak felt bad for the poor thing, and hoped that letting him roam with the other pokémon in the fields would make it feel better. About a week or two after its arrival, he stopped seeing it in the fields. He went to look for it, but all he saw was a Venusaur – with an egg. He'd never seen an egg before, so it baffled him, but he soon came to realize that it was the egg of that Slowbro. He didn't know what to expect, and when the Bulbasaur hatched, he quickly put it in a Friend Ball to maybe help ease whatever sickness it might have. He sent it over to me so I could study it, and I did just that. That's when I discovered that it knew Curse, a move that was new to our region, but didn't even exist in Kanto. I once saw a Pokémon die, Crystal. It was decaying right on the spot – before it even took its last breath. What happened before that? I saw the trainer order the Pokémon to use Curse. I knew nothing good would come of this move, and I kept it away from the other pokémon. I thought you could maybe fix things, but…I see I was wrong. I'm truly sorry, Crystal."
Crystal walked out of the lab in a daze. She knew Venu would never be the same, so she did the only thing she could do – she released the new pokémon and crushed the Ball beneath her foot. Without a second glance, she walked off, back onto Route 29.

Later she caught her Chumee to replace Venu, but was surprised to find a Chikorita that had run to her from Professor Elm's lab. She replaced Chumee with the male, and named him Mega – and together the concurred a new adventure.
But what Crystal failed to notice was a figure following her wherever she went. The figure watched as Crystal raised her pokémon with care – not knowing why she was doing so. All she knew what that she felt a strong urge to be with Crystal, but was too shy to go up to her. All the pokémon knew was this urge for the girl, and her name. Her name was Misdreavus, and as she followed Crystal through Johto, she noticed others of her kind popping up from time to time. They came to be after trainers told their various pokémon to use Curse for the last time.

And it felt, to Misdreavus, like there was a large nail in her heart all the time.
Just like us.
Have you ever wondered where the first Ghost pokémon came from? Ghosts are dead beings, right? So naturally Ghost Pokemon…are dead pokémon. They can breed now, but every so often you see a non-Ghost type using the move Curse, and every so often a trainer gets an unexplained Ghost pokémon in their party.
Next time you play a Pokémon game, think about where your Ghost pokémon came from. And next time you play a Pokémon game, take notice of any non-Ghost type pokémon that know Curse. Make sure that the PP doesn't decrease to 0, otherwise…you may just end up with a Ghost type.
http://gr-doberman.deviantart.com/#/d2zafl2

Wow, you actually wrote it very well. A rarity on bulbapedia, most that I find are too enterkey-happy, are comma splices galore, or don't use any commas. It seemed more like a "weird" story than a scary one, though.

EDIT: Just checked the tumblr site again

Don't Look

This has always been a quiet town. As of late, it’s been quieter still. These days, people are reluctant to leave their homes.

It started off harmlessly enough. In fact, when it began, no-one would realise for quite some time that it even had. People began to suffer from increasingly severe headaches. Children were affected the most. My wife was one of the people affected, I myself did not notice any ill effect, and did not make the connection until much later.

I would guess that it was roughly a week after these headaches started, that anyone first noticed something was amiss. The first body found was a young boy, I couldn’t say for sure but I think he must have been only 12 years old at the most. Looked to be suicide.

That was just the start. From that point on, people started dropping like flies. Most fell into some manner of coma; some were suicides, as with the first case, while a small few seemed to have died outright, of no discernible cause.

What was more baffling still, was that there was little rhyme or reason to those affected, no common thread tying these people together.

Though concerned, of course, I had my own job to do, and thought I could do little else but leave the matter to those that were qualified to deal with it.

When I returned to my home not three days from the first death, however, I changed my mind.

- - -

I daresay whoever is reading this can guess at what awaited me. I would request your understanding that I do not wish to dwell long on this particular detail. Suffice to say, my wife was not waiting for my return, to greet me in our usual fashion, nor will be again.

I now had a personal stake in events, and understood all too clearly the terrible reality of the situation. With this, how could I possibly sit by and hope that someone else would resolve the situation? No, I had to do whatever I could.

The public, understandably, were quite reluctant to divulge any information to me. I cannot blame them for that. Slowly, I began to piece together the events of, by this stage, the last couple of months.

The first indication that something was wrong, I realised, was the headaches. These still persisted, and typically, when they were at their worst, someone would suffer in some fashion soon after.

However, those suffering from the headaches, and those that were dying or falling from consciousness, were two different groups. Sometimes overlapping, but it was still clear that one did not lead to the other. So rather than being the cause, I can only fathom that these headaches are a sign of the presence of whatever is doing this.

The second thing that caught my interest was the state of the victims. In almost every case, regardless of the eventual outcome, the victims show signs of self-inflicted injury. Even those patients that have survived, albeit remaining, still, unconscious, show signs of this.

The final piece of information that I have managed to gather, and the detail that has been by far the most difficult on which to persuade people to speak, is as follows.

Only 10 hours prior to the first death, erratic behavior was observed in a variety of electronic equipment. Key amongst these, in my opinion, are that through radio and other audio emitting devices, a heavy static and garbled noises have been experienced [Headaches seem to have been especially severe in those to have heard this.], and that there have been claims that a shadowy figure was seen crossing TV monitors, against a backdrop of static. Of the latter, I have only been able to gather second-hand accounts. Only a couple of months ago, I would have dismissed such fanciful tales, but with the town’s atmosphere as it is, with all those that have suffered, I find the idea that there is some connection to these events quite plausible.

It is only now, that I come to write this, that I realize that in the past few weeks, many of the people I have spoken to have left their TVS and radios switched off, unplugged, or seem not to own one at all.

- - -

I’ve seen it! The shadow they spoke of!

I was at the hospital, attempting to find out if they had observed any change in the comatose victims. My, I must profess, unsuccessful, attempts at interrogation were interrupted by a sudden, harsh burst of static. The nurse fled immediately, but I, instead, sought the source of the noise.

The screen that would normally display the patient’s vital signs was the culprit, now only a flurry of snow upon it. Against my better judgement, I did not avert my eyes, and so, continued to look on as I saw an indistinct, shadowy figure pass from one side of the screen to the other. Once it had passed, the noise subsided, and the original display slowly flickered back into view.

This is it, the cause of these events, I am sure of it. And now, having seen it. My fate. Is it, perhaps, the same?

You may be familiar with how, if you gaze upon a bright light, an image of its shape will remain once you close your eyes. That shadowy figure, in this manner, remains with me now, as I write this. It has not faded.

Worse, it does not remain still. Since I first saw it, the figure has imitated the first few steps of the figure I saw in the monitor. But now, I know, it has become aware of me, and is slowly turning in my direction.

If I could keep my eyes open, perhaps I would be safe, but everyone needs to blink. My eyes may only close for a fraction of a second; too briefly for me to even see how much progress that figure has made but I know, all the same, that it’s progress is unstoppable now. Perhaps if I took a longer look, the figure may not, by now, be quite so indistinct. Perhaps, if I had the courage, I might be able to offer some insight as to the identity of this killer. But I dare not. I do not know how close it is to me now.

I don’t know how much time I have left, but I must tell all I can, in the hopes that someone may succeed where I have failed.

You may have figured it out by now, you, who are reading this, but the injuries sustained by the previous victims…In almost all cases, the injuries were to the eyes. Some died in the attempt, but those who now lie in comas are the ones that succeeded in destroying their sight. Many that died showed signs of trying, as well, but I can only imagine they were not quite fast enough.

I…do not have the will to attempt it, I can only hope what I write here will, in some way, help to end this.

Do not look upon ANY manner of screen.

No matter what happens.

Do NOT look.

It’s close!

It’s he

- - -

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Leaf Green – It emits special alpha waves from its body that induce headaches just by being close.’

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Diamond – If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck.’
http://nonparael.deviantart.com/#/d2zcvju

Oh hey, lurker who actually had an account here, funny that. That's my fiance's story, hopefully its well recieved, I liked it anyhow and its a good break from the 'hacked cartridge' pastas I keep seeing.

This whole thread has become my addiction and it made me dig up an old idea of mine, not a creepy pasta so much as a longer story involving Pokemon and creepy things happening, sadly don't think I could post it here.

Hope someone comes up with new good stuff soon ;p

Wow, that's really....sad, but funny in a way. Who was Chumee supposed to be? anyway, that was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom