• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Creepypasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fast!

This doesn't mean I have to marry you though, right? I mean... we just met.

Btw, which story did you right?

I wrote... umm... three I think? The one about capturing Pokemon from the wild, Pokemon Reaper Version, and Whited out.

This thread is, more or less, the reason I joined the forum. I felt an obligation to write something, and so I did. Special thanks to Lalo Schifrin, whose chilling and haunting music served as great inspiration during the writing process.

Be warned: This is a long one, and an intense one. Enjoy, don't judge me solely based on what you read here... and pleasant nightmares.

The House

Several years ago, a man by the name of Roland DeFrei lived in a large, three-story green house about two miles outside of Ecruteak City. Roland had grown up in the city, but in his old age, had made the decision to move out on his own, removed from the distractions he felt were spoiling his golden years.

The House, as it was simply and efficiently named, had been built decades earlier; the builders had envisioned it as the start of a new town. They and their family lived there for 28 years, waiting for someone else to join them. When no one came, the owners moved to Olivine City. Before leaving, the father made a carving in the wooden mantle above the fireplace. He was not much for words, and as such the inscription was simple: “May the memories of all who lived within The House glow forever in this hearth.”

Roland was able to purchase The House for a modest sum of money. Although he had no real family, Roland did not live alone. He was a trainer of Ghost Pokémon, for they helped him imagine an existence after his inevitable passing. When he first moved into The House, it was just him and a single Gastly. The House, conveniently for him, was built in an area where Ghost Pokémon were relatively plentiful. Over the years, he collected more and more of them, each one a new family member, and a new comfort to his slowly failing heart.

His last conscious heartbeats were quick and frantic. He was frightened. There had been noises coming from the living room – it sounded like someone had broken in. From his third floor bedroom, he dashed down the stairs as quickly as his aging legs would permit him to travel. As he turned the corner into the living room, he saw the barrel of a rifle and heard a thunderous sound as a hole was blown in his head. The shooter fled as the sounds of something awakening filled The House. When all of Roland's Pokémon arrived in the living room, they found their surrogate father lying in a pool of his own blood, the culprit having long since escaped. Angered and saddened, they slowly drifted back into sleep.

The police found his body a week later. The investigation and cleanup were rushed, especially in its final days. Some people swore they could hear movement in The House, and everybody wanted to leave. In his will, Roland had left The House to the city of Ecruteak. Almost immediately it was sold to a local real estate company. That company tried its best to sell The House for several years, continually lowering the price point. But due to its isolation and notoriety, nobody was willing to purchase it. When the Keeley family finally bought The House, they did so for $80,000 – a fraction of the property's estimated value.

Like Roland, the Keeleys had lived in Ecruteak. But now that the parents, Jan and David, had three playful children, they needed more space. The House, with its three floors and bedrooms, seemed like the perfect opportunity. The move was surprisingly quick, considering the size of the family. There were two bedrooms on the second floor – the first, larger bedroom belonged to Jan and David, while the second belonged to their two little boys, Randy and Jack, both aged 6. The last bedroom, on the third floor, belonged to Olivia, their 5-year-old daughter.

For the first few days, everything was fine. The Keeleys were a happy, young family living in their dream home. The long trips into town were occasionally exhausting, sure. But it was worth it, because they felt truly at home in The House. That feeling remained until the fifth day. That night was when Roland's children woke up.

Sensing a presence in their father's old bedroom, they began there. Olivia was asleep in bed, snug within the confines of her blankets. She did not awake as her covers were torn off, or even as the strange, purple, gaseous limbs lifted her from her bed. When she did open her eyes, she closed them almost immediately. It was bright – too bright. And so hot and dry. And she felt the force around her, lifting her against her will. Olivia was not in her bedroom anymore. Where she was now seemed to match every description of Hell she'd heard in her short life.

Randy was the second member of the Keeley family to wake up. He heard a muffled, high pitched sound coming from the floor below him. The sound paused for a moment, only to begin anew – although this time, it seemed more distant. In the corner of his eye, Randy saw his brother rising from bed. But he was not awake. Faint, dark, swirling forms surrounded him, heaving him upwards and too the side, carrying him away from his bed, and finally planting his feet on the floor at the center of his room. Disturbed in the midst of his dream, Jack took in a breath through his nose – and with it came one of the translucent forms, burrowing into his mind.

Jack's eyes opened with a start, and gazed around the room questioningly, as if whatever compelled them to move was seeing The House through human eyes for the first time. Jack turned and walked to the bedroom door, the high-pitched noise audible once again, this time coming from above. As Randy turned to follow his brother, the barely-visible forces in the room raised both beds off the floor queitly. Jack's face turned back to Randy, a bizarre grin plastered across it. The grin did not falter as both beds were slammed together, causing an ear-shattering boom and crushing Randy's head between them.

The sound was enough to make Jan and David bolt from their beds. Their bodies filled with adrenaline and their actions spurred on by parental instinct, the two ran to their door, violently yanked it open and stared into the hall. They saw their sweet little Jack standing in front of his closed bedroom door, a look of concern on his face.

Jan grabbed him by the shoulders and stared him directly in the eyes, too frenzied to percieve the fact that there was something odd about them. “What was that noise, Jack? Are you alright?” She had a vice-grip on the little boy that surely should have been painful, but Jack did not even wince.

“I'm sorry, Mommy,” he said in a sickeningly sweet voice, “I slammed the door. But where is Olivia? I can hear her. Can't you? Don't you want to know where Olivia is?”

The high-pitched noise resumed once again, sounding slightly clearer out in the hallway. Once again it seemed to come from below them, on the first floor... and it was now identifiable as Olivia's hysterical shrieking. Jan and David rushed down the stairs frantically, Jack following closely behind. As they turned the corner into the living room, they saw the fireplace, and heard the crackling of the raging fire that had been lit in it. Echoing down from the chimney, they heard Olivia's screams, weaker than before, interrupted by bouts of coughing.

Olivia was beginning to black out, choking on the noxious smoke being funneled up past her, losing blood from the cuts and abrasions she had received from being scraped against the hot bricks. Jan called out her name desperately, as if the sound of her voice could pull Olivia free of the clutches of whatever had her trapped.

Ducking between David's legs, Jack ran towards the fireplace. “Don't worry Olivia, I'm coming,” he said, entirely too calmly. “I'm coming to get you Olivia. We all are!” Jack took a step into the fireplace, his clothing and hair igniting, his skin being splotched by drops of Olivia's blood that dried and solidified as soon as they landed. “Mommy and Daddy are coming too.” He turned around, his already charred face and strangely dim, reddish eyes staring straight at Jan and David. “Aren't you coming? Won't you try to save your own children? Don't you care about them?”

Jan lunged for the fireplace, only for David to pull her back by the waist. She protested loudly, her shrieks blending in with the weakened cries of her daughter as she saw Jack's body disintegrating in flames through her hot, pouring tears. As the flesh on Jack's jaw began to slide off, making visible a glistening wet section of skull, he spoke for a final time.

“Of course not. You could never love them as much as we loved our father.” What scalded meat was left on Jack's face twisted into a demented smile, and the gaseous purple entity flowed out of his disfigured nose. Olivia's lifeless body crashed down onto Jack's burning corpse, causing it to collapse into the flames as the force that had possessed Jack charged into the two speechless parents, shoving them back a few inches - only for them to be caught by an unbelievably large swarm of swirling purple energy, which proceeded to tear them limb from limb at an agonizingly slow place.

They saved the heads for last. Once they had been severed from their lifeless torsos, the heads were tossed into the fireplace like two logs used for firewood. The flames they fed danced as the rightful residents of The House, the children of Roland, fell into slumber once more. The light from the fire illuminated the inscription on the mantle, casting it in an eerie glow.

“May the memories of all who lived within The House glow forever in this hearth.”

Wow... Epic. A nice short story. I'll be trying to compete...

I wrote... umm... three I think? The one about capturing Pokemon from the wild, Pokemon Reaper Version, and Whited out.

Ah! I know I read the one about catching Pokemon. It was pretty good. I liked how it was a deeper, more psychological sort of thing than a lot of horror stories. I'll have to snoop around for your other ones...

Man, that Lonely Pikachu story was more sad than creepy!
I don't even remember if I kept the Yellow Pikachu in my party in that game... -_-

This thread is, more or less, the reason I joined the forum. I felt an obligation to write something, and so I did. Special thanks to Lalo Schifrin, whose chilling and haunting music served as great inspiration during the writing process.

Be warned: This is a long one, and an intense one. Enjoy, don't judge me solely based on what you read here... and pleasant nightmares.

The House

Several years ago, a man by the name of Roland DeFrei lived in a large, three-story green house about two miles outside of Ecruteak City. Roland had grown up in the city, but in his old age, had made the decision to move out on his own, removed from the distractions he felt were spoiling his golden years.

The House, as it was simply and efficiently named, had been built decades earlier; the builders had envisioned it as the start of a new town. They and their family lived there for 28 years, waiting for someone else to join them. When no one came, the owners moved to Olivine City. Before leaving, the father made a carving in the wooden mantle above the fireplace. He was not much for words, and as such the inscription was simple: “May the memories of all who lived within The House glow forever in this hearth.”

Roland was able to purchase The House for a modest sum of money. Although he had no real family, Roland did not live alone. He was a trainer of Ghost Pokémon, for they helped him imagine an existence after his inevitable passing. When he first moved into The House, it was just him and a single Gastly. The House, conveniently for him, was built in an area where Ghost Pokémon were relatively plentiful. Over the years, he collected more and more of them, each one a new family member, and a new comfort to his slowly failing heart.

His last conscious heartbeats were quick and frantic. He was frightened. There had been noises coming from the living room – it sounded like someone had broken in. From his third floor bedroom, he dashed down the stairs as quickly as his aging legs would permit him to travel. As he turned the corner into the living room, he saw the barrel of a rifle and heard a thunderous sound as a hole was blown in his head. The shooter fled as the sounds of something awakening filled The House. When all of Roland's Pokémon arrived in the living room, they found their surrogate father lying in a pool of his own blood, the culprit having long since escaped. Angered and saddened, they slowly drifted back into sleep.

The police found his body a week later. The investigation and cleanup were rushed, especially in its final days. Some people swore they could hear movement in The House, and everybody wanted to leave. In his will, Roland had left The House to the city of Ecruteak. Almost immediately it was sold to a local real estate company. That company tried its best to sell The House for several years, continually lowering the price point. But due to its isolation and notoriety, nobody was willing to purchase it. When the Keeley family finally bought The House, they did so for $80,000 – a fraction of the property's estimated value.

Like Roland, the Keeleys had lived in Ecruteak. But now that the parents, Jan and David, had three playful children, they needed more space. The House, with its three floors and bedrooms, seemed like the perfect opportunity. The move was surprisingly quick, considering the size of the family. There were two bedrooms on the second floor – the first, larger bedroom belonged to Jan and David, while the second belonged to their two little boys, Randy and Jack, both aged 6. The last bedroom, on the third floor, belonged to Olivia, their 5-year-old daughter.

For the first few days, everything was fine. The Keeleys were a happy, young family living in their dream home. The long trips into town were occasionally exhausting, sure. But it was worth it, because they felt truly at home in The House. That feeling remained until the fifth day. That night was when Roland's children woke up.

Sensing a presence in their father's old bedroom, they began there. Olivia was asleep in bed, snug within the confines of her blankets. She did not awake as her covers were torn off, or even as the strange, purple, gaseous limbs lifted her from her bed. When she did open her eyes, she closed them almost immediately. It was bright – too bright. And so hot and dry. And she felt the force around her, lifting her against her will. Olivia was not in her bedroom anymore. Where she was now seemed to match every description of Hell she'd heard in her short life.

Randy was the second member of the Keeley family to wake up. He heard a muffled, high pitched sound coming from the floor below him. The sound paused for a moment, only to begin anew – although this time, it seemed more distant. In the corner of his eye, Randy saw his brother rising from bed. But he was not awake. Faint, dark, swirling forms surrounded him, heaving him upwards and too the side, carrying him away from his bed, and finally planting his feet on the floor at the center of his room. Disturbed in the midst of his dream, Jack took in a breath through his nose – and with it came one of the translucent forms, burrowing into his mind.

Jack's eyes opened with a start, and gazed around the room questioningly, as if whatever compelled them to move was seeing The House through human eyes for the first time. Jack turned and walked to the bedroom door, the high-pitched noise audible once again, this time coming from above. As Randy turned to follow his brother, the barely-visible forces in the room raised both beds off the floor queitly. Jack's face turned back to Randy, a bizarre grin plastered across it. The grin did not falter as both beds were slammed together, causing an ear-shattering boom and crushing Randy's head between them.

The sound was enough to make Jan and David bolt from their beds. Their bodies filled with adrenaline and their actions spurred on by parental instinct, the two ran to their door, violently yanked it open and stared into the hall. They saw their sweet little Jack standing in front of his closed bedroom door, a look of concern on his face.

Jan grabbed him by the shoulders and stared him directly in the eyes, too frenzied to percieve the fact that there was something odd about them. “What was that noise, Jack? Are you alright?” She had a vice-grip on the little boy that surely should have been painful, but Jack did not even wince.

“I'm sorry, Mommy,” he said in a sickeningly sweet voice, “I slammed the door. But where is Olivia? I can hear her. Can't you? Don't you want to know where Olivia is?”

The high-pitched noise resumed once again, sounding slightly clearer out in the hallway. Once again it seemed to come from below them, on the first floor... and it was now identifiable as Olivia's hysterical shrieking. Jan and David rushed down the stairs frantically, Jack following closely behind. As they turned the corner into the living room, they saw the fireplace, and heard the crackling of the raging fire that had been lit in it. Echoing down from the chimney, they heard Olivia's screams, weaker than before, interrupted by bouts of coughing.

Olivia was beginning to black out, choking on the noxious smoke being funneled up past her, losing blood from the cuts and abrasions she had received from being scraped against the hot bricks. Jan called out her name desperately, as if the sound of her voice could pull Olivia free of the clutches of whatever had her trapped.

Ducking between David's legs, Jack ran towards the fireplace. “Don't worry Olivia, I'm coming,” he said, entirely too calmly. “I'm coming to get you Olivia. We all are!” Jack took a step into the fireplace, his clothing and hair igniting, his skin being splotched by drops of Olivia's blood that dried and solidified as soon as they landed. “Mommy and Daddy are coming too.” He turned around, his already charred face and strangely dim, reddish eyes staring straight at Jan and David. “Aren't you coming? Won't you try to save your own children? Don't you care about them?”

Jan lunged for the fireplace, only for David to pull her back by the waist. She protested loudly, her shrieks blending in with the weakened cries of her daughter as she saw Jack's body disintegrating in flames through her hot, pouring tears. As the flesh on Jack's jaw began to slide off, making visible a glistening wet section of skull, he spoke for a final time.

“Of course not. You could never love them as much as we loved our father.” What scalded meat was left on Jack's face twisted into a demented smile, and the gaseous purple entity flowed out of his disfigured nose. Olivia's lifeless body crashed down onto Jack's burning corpse, causing it to collapse into the flames as the force that had possessed Jack charged into the two speechless parents, shoving them back a few inches - only for them to be caught by an unbelievably large swarm of swirling purple energy, which proceeded to tear them limb from limb at an agonizingly slow place.

They saved the heads for last. Once they had been severed from their lifeless torsos, the heads were tossed into the fireplace like two logs used for firewood. The flames they fed danced as the rightful residents of The House, the children of Roland, fell into slumber once more. The light from the fire illuminated the inscription on the mantle, casting it in an eerie glow.

“May the memories of all who lived within The House glow forever in this hearth.”
That was... disturbing. In a good way! ;D

Another one from the tumblr site.

Lonely Pikachu

When Pokemon Yellow version came out, I was about ten, I think? I remember it really well, because the game actually came out really close to my birthday, so I managed to get a hold of it before most of my friends did. By the time everyone in our admittedly small circle had managed to get the game too, I was about six gyms deep with around 60 species caught. The fact that you get all three starters in one game was so exciting to me, plus the new sprites looked so much better than the ones in Red and Blue, and I was determined to see every single one in my ‘Dex. I must’ve wasted half of my childhood almost getting there, too…

But of course, the best part of Yellow version was the Pikachu that followed you around. Speaking of wasting my childhood. I spent so much time trying to get that thing’s happiness up – it felt like it stayed just under the maximum happiness for ages. It was totally worth it, though, because when I finally beat the elite four, my team was something like Pikachu, all three starters, Snorlax and Alakazam. I was pretty proud of myself. I think the only ones I was missing when I restarted my game was Chansey, Tauros, Electabuzz and of course Mew, since I was fiercely anti-Game Shark. Of course, I had a really good reason for restarting my game. Well, no. It was a really stupid reason, but it seemed like a good one at the time.

The reason was Pikablu. I don’t even know where all those stupid stories about Pikablu came from when I was a kid. I heard at least ten different versions about how you could get it. Some I believed more than others, but I would’ve never admitted I believed any of them at all. I was too smart for that. I probably wouldn’t have bothered if it wasn’t my best friend Jeff that told me about this one method he’d found out. Me and Jeff, we were tight. He’d always told me about all kinds of new things I’d never heard of before, Pokemon-related or otherwise, and he always seemed to make sense. I knew he wouldn’t lie to me. It was tough, having to restart my game. Jeff had insisted that it took two brand-new Pikachus – we had to trade each of ours to each other’s Yellow versions, beat the elite four with just our Pikachu, and then use a water stone on it. Or something like that. Jeff had to convince me for a while to get me to restart my game – yeah, sure, it was easy for him, he hadn’t caught every starter and legendary – but my desire for the two of us to be the only kids we knew to both have a Pikablu won out in the end. I started a new game, named my character ASH like I always did, went through Oak’s whole spiel and got my Pikachu. I skipped over most of the dialogue, but I could’ve sworn that there were some slight differences this time around. Wasn’t really paying much attention though, I’d gone through the Pokemon opening dialogue like a million times.

Anyway, Jeff was way ahead of me by this point, he had his Pikachu and was already fighting wild Rattatas with it and talking a mile a minute about what we’d do with it once he evolved it. While he was doing this, though, I noticed another difference about the game. At the point in the dialogue when Oak gives you the Pikachu and you look at it for the first time, its face popping up in a window at the center of the screen, I realized that it didn’t have its back indifferently turned to me like it should - its happiness was already maxed out.

“Hey, Jeff, look at this!!”

“What? I hafta get my Pikachu to level 100…”

“My Pikachu already loves me and I just got it!”

“What? No it doesn’t.”
”Look!”

“…OH MY GOD! How did you do that?”

“I dunno!! Maybe it has to do with Pikablu!!”
We both giggled and screamed and chattered, and were generally obnoxious as we played through our games to get to the point where we could trade with each other. I kept turning around to talk to my Pikachu every few steps just to double check that it still loved me – Every time it was there to greet me with a huge smile and a heart above its head. I didn’t think to question why this would happen – I was too excited! I couldn’t believe it! I was going to get a PIKABLU! Finally, we were both at a Pokemon center, ready to trade our Pikachus with each other. We hurriedly got our link cable hooked up, both of our Gameboy Colors connected to each other.

I talked to the Link Cable lady, mashed B, blowing past all of the game’s messages beforehand, but stopped short again when I noticed a message I’d never seen before. Right after I said YES to the little dialog box asking me if I wanted to save before trading my Pikachu, the box at the bottom of the screen where text usually went stayed blank for just a few moments, and another message popped up.

“Are you sure? YES/NO”

I hesitated for a few seconds. Jeff looked up at me, more annoyed than confused.

“What are you WAITING for?”

“…Sorry, I just… my game’s just being slow.”

I hit yes. The trade started. I stared at my little Pikachu sprite before it disappeared. I heard its cry – it still amazed me that the programmers had put Pikachu’s actual voice into the game – and then it was gone.

A few minutes later, we’d traded our Pikachus to each other, and I had unfortunately discovered what happens when you trade your Pokemon Yellow Pikachu out of your party.

“What? My Pikachu won’t follow me! It’s gone!!”

“You didn’t know that happened?”

“NO! Why didn’t you tell me you butt?”

“I thought you knew! That’s how you use a stone on it!”

“I want mine back! It had max happiness already!!”

“Awww…”

“Come on!!”

And so began the long, tedious process of hooking up our gameboys to each other once again and preparing and saving our games in order to trade our Pikachus back. When we were finally ready, though, Jeff paused.

“It won’t let me.”

“Huh? Is the cable loose?”

“No, Pikachu says no.”

“What? Why?”

“Look!”

Jeff showed me his screen. At the bottom, the message just said

“PIKACHU refuses!”

We tried it again. It still didn’t work. Jeff was looking a little uneasy now – he showed me his screen again.

“PIKACHU refuses to return to ASH!”

“What the heck? Is it not supposed to come back?”
”No, I mean, I’ve traded my Pikachu out of Yellow version before, it let me bring it back.”
”Maybe it likes you too much? It loved me, so maybe it loves you too, and like, you can’t trade it if it likes you too much.”

“It’s not following me, though!”

“Ugggh! I want it back!”

“Well… why don’t we trade it to your Blue version?”

That seemed like a good idea. I booted up my Blue version, which I hadn’t played in a while – not since Yellow came out. God, the sprites were so much uglier in this version, I’d completely forgotten. While we hooked our Gameboys up again, Jeff looked at my Pikachu’s stat screen.

“Does the sprite look… different to you?”

“What?”

He showed me his screen again. Pikachu’s sprite was in the corner, its stats at the bottom. I wouldn’t have noticed if he hadn’t said anything, but it did look a little bit different than it did in my cartridge – the difference was slight, but its expression almost seemed sadder. Or were we just seeing things?

Anyway, we both got ready to trade and this time everything went totally smoothly. I gave Jeff a Butterfree, his favorite Pokemon, in exchange for my Pikachu, no weird extra question screens or anything. The only weird thing I noticed this time was that when the Pikachu arrived into my Blue game, its sprite was still a little… well, sadder, kind of. It was hard to notice, especially on that ugly Blue Version sprite… in fact, maybe I was just projecting what I’d seen before on to it and just imagining things, but… I don’t know. As it popped into my screen, the message at the bottom signaling the trade was over said

“Take good care of ASH’S PIKACHU!”

“I thought your name in the game was Jeff.”

“My name is Jeff.”
”No, in your game.”
”Oh. Well yeah, I always name my character Jeff.”

“This says take good care of Ash’s Pikachu.”

“Lemme see.”

“Look.”

“…I don’t get it.”

“Me neither. Is it because it’s a Yellow version Pikachu?”

“No, I told you, I’ve traded my Yellow version Pikachu before. It was just like a normal Pikachu.”

“Maybe we should try trading again.”

“Do we have to? I’m tired of trading over and over… why don’t we battle or something?”

“I want my Pikachu back!!”

“I don’t think it wants to GO back!”

We were silent for a few moments. Could that really be what the problem was? If Jeff was telling the truth, Pikachu wasn’t supposed to do that… It made me a little uneasy, but I shook it off quickly. These games were pretty famously glitchy, after all, everyone knew about that Rare Candy Missingno cheat and all that. So I tucked the sad-looking (was it?) Pikachu away in the PC and challenged Jeff to a battle with my Blue version team against his Red version team.

~

We never tried to get Pikablu again after that – I barely picked up my Yellow version again, I was too annoyed at having lost my almost-full Pokedex. In fact, the next time I traded Pokemon with Jeff was when Gold and Silver versions came out, a couple of years later. By then we were both in middle school, clearly much older and wiser and beyond such myths. Friends had come and gone for both of us even in that short a time, but we stuck together, and we were both still Pokemon playing fiends. Once again, I was determined to complete my Pokedex, and in order to do so, we had to trade from the original games with the Time Capsule. Jeff would come over after school almost every day and we’d spend hours catching the Pokemon and legendaries we’d missed in Red and Blue and transferring entire PC boxes full of the original 150 Pokemon over to his Gold version and my Silver one.

One late afternoon, while we were going through the process of searching our PC boxes, I came across the Pikachu I’d traded from my Yellow version what felt like ages ago, but was really just a few years. I took a look at its sprite – it still looked kind of sad to me. In fact, its sadness seemed more noticeable to me now. Its tail seemed to droop, and it looked like it was… pouting, almost. But that was probably just the memory of it clouding my judgement.

“Hey, Jeff, boot up my Silver version, I wanna move my old Pikachu into it.”

“Oh man, I remember that thing! You never put it back into your Yellow game?”

“No, I never tried again. But I never caught a Pikachu in Silver.”

“You know, you never gave me mine back, either. I had to totally restart my Yellow version again.”

“Yeah, well. Fly to the nearest Pokemon center, okay?”
”Sure, I’ll make sure your party’s all old ones, too. Does it still look kind of depressed to you?”

I paused for a moment at his question, then showed him my Gameboy.

“It totally does. That’s… that’s really creepy…”

“It’s not just me, then?”

“No, it… it looks sadder.”

Unable to decide what to make of this, we were both silent as we prepared the trade.

“Maybe it really will evolve into a Pikablu,” I joked after a while, trying to lighten the mood. Jeff laughed.

“I have like twelve Marills. I don’t even like Marill. You ready?”

“Yeah, I’m sending it over.”

We lolled around watching the trading animation for a little while, discussing our mutual distaste for Marill and Azumarill, when suddenly Jeff jumped up from the corner of my living room floor he was sitting on.

“Holy CRAP! It’s SHINY!! Your Pikachu is shiny like the Red Gyarados!”

“REALLY?!”

I practically bowled Jeff over trying to get to see my screen, snatching the gameboy color with my Silver cartridge in it. He was right – there was the little star icon on its stats screen, and its body was a very different shade of yellow than it should be. It was the first Shiny Pokemon I’d ever seen besides the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. I was completely overjoyed, so much so that I barely noticed how unhappy the sprite also looked, and my mood carried through the entire rest of the evening, after Jeff had gotten picked up by his mom, after I’d eaten dinner with my family, and that night, as I lay in bed under the covers, playing Silver version with a light attached to my link cable port.

I was leveling up my Pikachu, waiting for it to evolve so I could finally own a shiny Raichu. But it never happened. Level 30… nothing. 35… nothing… and I was starting to get sleepy. Then I remembered – Pikachu evolved with a Thunderstone, not by leveling up… duh. And I’d just gotten one from a trainer I’d beaten! I flipped through my inventory screen as fast as I could until I found it near the bottom of the Items list, selected USE and then my Pikachu.

“ASH’S PIKACHU refuses!”

…What? I tried it again.

“ASH’S PIKACHU refuses!”

It… it didn’t want to evolve? Didn’t that only happen in Yellow version? Could it not evolve at a certain level or something? And it was still using the name Ash from that old version… I checked my Pikachu’s stats screen just in case, and with a creeping shudder, realized that I hadn’t been imagining things before – its sprite in this version of the game looked depressed as well. In fact, it was a lot more visible now – pretty much beyond a doubt, that sprite wasn’t normal. It was definitely frowning, and looking slightly down. I quickly closed out of the stats screen, and desperately tried one last time to use the Thunderstone on it.

“ASH’S PIKACHU refuses!”

I groaned a little, half out of exasperation and half out of nerves. Why was my game doing this? Why this one Pikachu? All I wanted was a shiny Raichu!! I put my Gameboy down quietly, not wanting to alert my parents that I was still awake at this hour, and took a deep breath. So there was some kind of glitch or corrupt data around this one particular Pokemon or something. Fine. That’s not weird at all. The original games were really glitchy.

…Maybe I could breed another shiny Pikachu and evolve that?

Without a second thought, I Flew on my Crobat to Goldenrod, grabbed a Jigglypuff out of my PC to breed my Pikachu with, and biked over to the Day Care. I was almost glad to get that Pikachu out of my party and into the little pen outside the Day Care – it felt like a dark cloud had been lifted from over me. I stepped outside – the two sprites sat idling behind the white picket fence of the Day Care, just like they normally would. Hopefully they were compatible. Oh wait, I could check that, couldn’t I? Heading back inside, I talked to the old man I’d given Pikachu to.

“Your PIKACHU and JIGGLYPUFF are doing just fine! The two don’t seem to like each other very much.”

Crap. So much for that. Maybe I could find a Snubbull or something to breed with it instead. As I contemplated this, however, another line of dialogue popped up on screen.

“Your PIKACHU seems too homesick to play with other Pokemon.”

I whimpered. I’d never seen that happen before. My strategy guide definitely never mentioned that happening, either. What was going on?

“Your PIKACHU doesn’t seem to want to level up. Would you like it back?”

Doesn’t it normally cost money, even for five seconds of Day-Care? Doesn’t want to level up? What?! I took it back and frantically checked its stats screen again. Its sprite had changed once again. Was… was it crying? I flipped through the each of the three screens – I don’t even know what I was looking for at this point, I just needed some kind of a sign that I was just imagining this whole thing, I suppose – and on the third one, under the “OT” section I saw the word “ASH”. Below that, just barely fitting on the screen, was a three word phrase.

“PLEASE COME BACK”

That proved it… something was wrong with that Pikachu. Maybe it was a glitch? Maybe I really should put it back into my old Yellow version? But I’d lost my the cartridge months ago…

Finally, I decided I’d just get rid of it. Clearly, the thing was glitched up. I didn’t want it messing up my game. Faster than was probably necessary, I walked to the nearest PC, selected the Pikachu and then selected RELEASE. I noticed that I felt somewhat relieved again as I read the “Bye-bye, PIKACHU!” text – probably because that thing was pretty creepy. I saved my game as soon as it was gone, turned my gameboy off and finally curled up under the covers, closing my eyes. For some reason, it took a long time for me to fall asleep, and when I did, I was plagued by nightmares of running away from a crying Pokemon.

~

It’s been a long time since then – I’m in college now. I’ve kept up my Pokemon obsession, but that’s probably the one thing that’s remained constant in my life. None of my old friends went to the same school as me once we graduated high school. Jeff was probably the one I stayed friends with the longest, but even he left eventually, too, and not on particularly good terms. He wasn’t too happy when I got my first boyfriend – I guess our friendship wasn’t worth as much as I thought it was. I’ve got new friends at school now – and hey, they play Pokemon, too. It was kind of a relief to find out I wasn’t the only one. The games have definitely changed a lot since I was a little kid, too, but I still love them – I think Gen III and IV got a lot of unfair flack because nothing could ever live up to our exaggerated childhood memories. Got to admit, though, HeartGold and SoulSilver were probably my favorite games out of the newer ones. They were the perfect mix of old and new features – I still play them a lot now, want to see if I can fill up my Pokedex before Black and White come out. I love the fact that your party leader follows you around, too, as an old shout-out to Yellow version.

Only thing is, it reminds me of that fucking Pikachu.

It happened a few days ago. I had some time to kill between classes, and I was rooting in the grass outside of Goldenrod city trying to find Dittos to breed with when I got jumped by a wild Pokemon. What was weird was that the battle music never played – the screen just flashed and transitioned into battle mode without a sound. I felt my stomach drop as, sliding from the left side of the screen as the battle started, a shiny Pikachu appeared in front of me.

By now, I’d caught two or three shiny Pokemon by sheer luck, so the little sparkle animation that occurred wasn’t a huge shock to me. What was was the fact that the Pikachu’s sprite didn’t look anything like it should. It was completely dejected – bags under its eyes, tail on the ground, its normally bright red cheeks dull, almost brown. It didn’t emit a cry, or strike a battle pose like normal wild Pokemon would, and there was no music playing in the background at all. It just stood there, looking like the weight of the world was on its shoulders.

“ASH’S PIKACHU appeared!”

I didn’t even think. I immediately tapped the “Bag” button with my stylus, selected a basic Poke Ball, and watched as my trainer’s sprite threw it at the poor Pikachu. Somehow, even with its health bar completely full, the Poke Ball tilted once, twice, three times, then turned gray, and I caught the Pikachu on the first try.

There wasn’t any nickname screen. The game went straight back to the overworld screen, but one thing had changed – instead of going to my PC, the Pikachu I had just caught was following me. The game was eerily silent. Breathing more frantically now, I checked my party screen. My Pokemon party hadn’t changed – it was the same lineup with an Ampharos in the lead, but when I returned back to the overworld screen, the Pikachu was still right there behind me, staring at me. Hesitating slightly at first, I tapped the “Talk” button with my stylus.

Finally, I heard its cry – the one from Yellow Version, but slowed down, almost as if it was in pain.

“PIKACHU wants to go home…”

Did it mean what I think it meant? I tapped the button again.

“PIKACHU is staring at you with blank eyes…”

I thought I knew what it wanted now, but for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to move yet. I tapped the button again.

“PIKACHU is looking at the horizon…”

Suddenly, the background music began starting up again, but the song had changed. It was quiet at first, but steadily grew louder and louder until it was at a more recognizable volume and I realized what song it was.

The theme from Pallet Town.

I knew what I had to do. I went to my party screen, tapped on my Pidgeot and selected Fly, stopping at Indigo Plateau first before heading to Pallet Town.

When we arrived, the music had gone dead once again – I was staring at a silent screen. Pallet Town was completely empty; normally there are two or three NPCs milling about, but no one was there this time. Slowly, I began to walk towards Professor Oak’s lab, the Pikachu following behind me. I didn’t realize it at first, but it was actually much slower than a normal Pokemon should be – it stayed a step behind me the entire time. Before heading into the Lab, I turned around one last time and talked to the Pikachu.

“PIKACHU looks hopeless…”

I gulped despite myself and walked inside. No lab assistants were there, but Professor Oak was, at the back of the lab as usual. My character walked up the screen without my pressing anything, and I realized that the Pikachu was no longer behind me – for some reason, it had stayed outside. A dialog box popped up and Professor Oak began to speak, not his usual spiel about filling up your Pokedex, but a single sentence, “Where is your Pokemon?”

I talked to him again. Same message. Not entirely wanting to know the answer, I walked back outside.

Sitting outside, one pace in front of Oak’s Lab was a Lavender Town gravestone. Without a second thought, I walked up to and tapped my stylus to read the inscription.

“Here lies PIKACHU

Abandoned by ASH twelve years ago

Died of loneliness.”
Wow. That one was really good too. o: Good job.
God, trading Pokemon will never be the same again...

The reversed one is creepy, I admit, but I still find Old Chateau's music much more creepy. Lavender town's seems more sad than creepy to me.

Anyway, found a new one, and this one comes with a vid:

I met my best friend in elementary school. We had both brought our Gameboys to school one day and sat together at lunch once we realized what we had in common. I had Blue version and a Venausaur, he had Red version and a Charizard. He and I battled whenever we could and became great pals. As the years went on, we continued playing Pokemon, even through high school. Throughout all of the Pokemon generations and versions we went though, the battles never became dull.

As we approached college, we had to go separate ways. We didn't speak much after that; we had such busy lives to follow in college. I didn't think we would ever regain the friendship we once had. Then, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in 2007 and we once again enjoyed our common interest in the series. We battled and talked over Wi-Fi nearly every day for a few weeks after its release.

My friend told me that he planned to play through his old Red version again. Since it had been about three months after the release of Diamond and Pearl, we didn't play them as much as before. I asked him why he wanted to play that dusty old cartridge, and he responded, "I don't know, maybe I'll find something that no one has found before."

Despite my unwillingness to run through my Blue version with him, he played his Red version anyway. After he started his journey, I never talked to him again. About three weeks later, I received a call from my friend's parents.

Even though he never had any similar problems before, he died from what was speculated to be an intense seizure. He was alone in his dorm room until a roommate, who was unfortunately too late, found him lying on the ground, lifeless, and strangely wearing his favorite headphones. I flew out as soon as I could to attend his funeral. His roommate, who was going to attend as well, informed me that just days before the incident my friend was becoming obsessed with Lavender Town and its music. My friend had aspired to become a sound engineer after graduating and had a wide range of audio skills at his disposal. He could always hear quiet sounds vividly while I failed to even recognize them at all.

As soon as he rediscovered Lavender Town, he ripped its audio to his computer and began experimenting with it. He had told the roommate that, "The frequencies in this one are different; they blend together in a special way. But there's something missing. I think something was meant to be mixed in, but it never could have worked on the Gameboy. It was so limited in terms of sound bandwidth." I had the chance to go through his laptop one last time, so I visited his Recent Items list. At the very top read "lavender.wav". Along with a few photos of us together, I copied this to my flash drive. Caught in my sadness over my best friend's death, I ignored the audio file until a few weeks before writing this. I somehow recently decided that I needed to retrace what had happened.

Driven by my desire to know what caused his untimely death, I opened the properties dialog box for the audio file, without opening the file to listen to it. Within the comments section of the metadata, he had written, "binaural tones, i added the necessary frequencies, i know why lavender town sounds so sad, and i know the part that was missing". Even eerier, I looked in his default audio program (still without listening to the file) and found the playcount for this file. One. I chatted with a sound enthusiast online in hope to decipher these cryptic comments. He gave me some special software which would analyze the audio in real time and said that was the most that could be done. This video is a screen recording of me running the aforementioned software with the original audio file. To this day I have not listened to the actual audio, as I am too emotionally disturbed by my best friend, Anthony's, death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8

-EDIT- Gonna just put this here since the original post wound up being redundant. xD -

I think my writing's getting steadily shorter >___>;

Dark Pulse
DarkPulse.jpg

I’ve been with my trainer ever since I was a Ralts.

We’ve seen many things together. Battled all manner of foes. From the days when all I could do when faced with danger was teleporting to safety, my trainer has patiently helped me develop my psychic powers.

I used to be sure that with my trainer by my side, we could take on anything that came at us.

-

I’ve often wished my trainer could see the world the way I do, the auras of living things are so beautiful, so comforting.

But, recently, it felt like something was wrong, something out of place.

Today it has appeared to us.

What is this horrible thing?

I cannot see any aura from it, I cannot FEEL anything from it. A black shape seemingly void of feeling, it is hidden from my senses. Surely this thing must be living, but all I can perceive is a lack of life where something should be.

My trainer issues a command. Surely, he will know how to deal with this creature, maybe he can see what I cannot. I raise the full force of my psychic powers against it.

Nothing.

Nothing.

My attack simply vanishes, as though sucked into the emptiness that lies before me. My trainer is as stunned as I am, I can feel his concern. For his sake, there must be some way to- Wait, what’s this?!

The blackness expands, obscuring the surroundings from my sight. I motion to flee, but it’s already too late.

Now I can feel something from this darkness. Fear. Fear and despair. So cold. With a jolt, I realise I have ceased to levitate. These slender limbs long since ceased to support my body. As I collapse to the floor, I realise I can no longer sense anything, no longer see anything.

Oh master, I am blind. Help me.

Help me…

To my shame, I panic, try to lash out with my powers. Nothing happens. What is this? What has it done to me?

-

My trainer, my trainer is here. He speaks, tells me the creature has fled. Slowly, whatever it has done begins to subside, Bit by bit, I’m able to see again.

But what I see… My trainer, he’s looking at me in a different way now.

I used to think I could deal with anything. So did he.

Not anymore.

Aaaand, since I'm aware this one, sadly, will probably need some explaining.
The story is basically about how, for as long as I can remember, I've imagined psychic types must see dark types. That and I've imagined for a while, also, that dark type moves must really mess up a psychic's abilities. For pokémon like Alakazam and Gardevoir, that don't even get around without the use of their powers, to have them stop working properly would probably be quite terrifying.

Geez, I think I need to stop reading this page. That Lavender Town music thing really freaked me out. I want to listen to the difference between the Japanese and American music, but now it's dark and I don't want to. o_O Maybe tomorrow.

I really like the Dark Pulse story only because I like seeing the supposed perspective of Psychic types against Dark. Very neat.

Ah! I know I read the one about catching Pokemon. It was pretty good. I liked how it was a deeper, more psychological sort of thing than a lot of horror stories. I'll have to snoop around for your other ones...

Thanks. :D

Some more creepypasta I found.

Capturing Marowak

Once, I managed to catch the Pokemon Tower Marowak. You know, the ghost one? Usually, it'll slog off any Poke Ball thrown at it. Out of curiosity, I tossed a Master Ball at it. If you're wondering, I had hacked an infinite amount of Master Balls at the beginning of my Pokemon Blue save for the sake of convenience. It was the equivalent of an airplane read in terms of Pokemon game playthroughs, so I didn't really care.

I was expecting the game to brick immediately upon capture since the ghost Marowak probably works differently from your usual Marowak caught in the wild. Nothing happened, however, and the game went on just as planned. It appeared in the last slot of my party seeing as I had yet to add a sixth. At the very least, I expected a sort of MissingNO type issue, but the game appeared to have treated it as a normal level 30 Marowak. It wasn't even a ghost type, though if you fought ghost Marowak in-game it never is a ghost type.

I had always wondered what would happen if you did manage to catch the ghost Marowak. This all happened as Gold and Silver were being hyped for release, so I was only an innocent kid with an overused Game Genie. Since then, I've found out that using a cheat device to catch the ghost Marowak will leave you with a real one, although the only thing I used a cheat device for was the infinite Master Balls at the beginning, which makes this catch even more peculiar. I was satisfied with the Pokemon, of course. Nothing in particular happened, so I completed my business at the Pokemon Tower and went back out to Lavender Town.

I expected, with all the hype, something to finally happen in Lavender Town. The music didn't seem different at all, and upon talking to everyone else I concluded that all was well in PokeLand. I healed my Pokemon at the PokeCenter like normal and went along on my merry way to Saffron City. I didn't notice it until later, but the guard at the gate didn't just let me through; he was gone. Anyway, Saffron City was free to roam regardless. In continuation of the game's plot, I made my way to Silph Co. only to discover again that the place was empty of the usual Rocket Grunts on every corner. In fact, the whole city was empty. The Pokemon gym? Empty. I visited the routes just north, south, and west of Saffron. Empty. I didn't notice how devoid of trainers Route 8 was until now. I shut the game off in a fool-hardy attempt to return to my previous save before the Pokemon Tower. It sucked because I was still in Celadon City. At least I had beaten Erika and gotten the Rainbow Badge, so all I had to do was leg it back to Lavender Town and do the Pokemon Tower all over again - without catching the Marowak, of course.

All was well. The NPCs were intact and nothing seemed to be very telltale glitchy. I accidentally walked into the grass on Route 7 in my haste to quickly finish the Pokemon Tower again. It was the usual Pidgey, only this time I sent out the ghost Marowak.

What. The. ****.

I checked my party. Apparently, every Pokemon had fainted except the last Pokemon in my party, which happened to be ghost Marowak. My items were gone as well. The battle choices were fairly standard - FIGHT, PKMN, ITEM, RUN. I tried to run, but it wouldn't let me escape. I had no choice but to fight.

Ghost Marowak had your standard moves - Growl, Bone Club, and Leer. Bone Club, being a ground type move, could not hurt this Pidgey. When rolling through the move choices, I found that the cursor could select the seemingly empty move slot. I selected it. The game froze, the music fizzing out into that itchy static sound, as if I just pulled out the game during play.

I tried the game save again, this time checking my party before leaving Celadon City. My other Pokemon were knocked out cold with the only healthy Pokemon being the ghost Marowak. I checked its stats. Once again, typical Marowak. The only weird thing was its lack of a trainer name, a thing I didn't notice before. It didn't say ????? or anything - it was literally blank.

Naturally, I went to the PokeCenter to heal my fallen comrades. It didn't work. For one thing, it acted as if I only had one Pokemon. The other thing was that my other Pokemon were gone. My PC boxes were empty, and my first Pokemon was ghost Marowak.

I didn't know if this was some cruel programmer prank, but it couldn't have been a hack seeing as I my mother bought the game from Toys 'R Us way back in 1998. Was it the fault of using a cheat device? Seeing as Pokemon Blue was always my "sandbox" game (Pokemon Yellow was my "serious" game), I trekked on into the wild Blue yonder (yes, that was a bad pun).

I left the PokeCenter. As far as I knew, all of Kanto was empty. Hell, the only thing constant must've been the cheery 8-bit music. Going back into the PokeCenter wouldn't work and I would just hit a wall where the door should open. PokeMarts functioned like this, too, though I could get into every other building normally. I couldn't get back into Erika's gym since I needed to use HM Cut, which I no longer had as my items went along with every Pokemon I had but ghost Marowak. I should mention now that I never got a nickname prompt for ghost Marowak. It's not wholly important, trust me. It was just MAROWAK.

If all the NPCs were gone, I wondered about the Pokemon. Once again, I ventured into the grass on Route 7. After a few eerie steps, a battle began. My opponent?

A wild Cubone.

I sent out the only thing I could: Marowak. Run was disabled, Item was useless. I picked Bone Club. It was a one-hit KO, seeing as Marowak was several levels higher than Cubone. I returned to the overworld and took a step to get the hell out of that grass, only to immediately encounter another Cubone. I defeated the Pokemon as they came, finally making it out of the grass. I was only about six or seven tiles in, but having so many wild Pokemon encounters after the other was just uncanny.

I continued towards the western Saffron gate until I managed to get into another wild battle - away from the grass. Cubone again. Not surprising. This even happened inside the gate house. By the time I reached the eastern Saffron gate that led to Route 8, Bone Club was down to 0 PP. With no items and no way to get into PokeCenters, the next battle I would have was... interesting, to say the least.

Anyway, it was another Cubone. It was only then I realized that each and every Cubone I had fought so far had the same level as the last. I already made the obvious connection of Cubone to Mother Marowak, but this revelation stung.

I sent out Marowak again, feebly using Leer and hoping to just spam the moves I had left until I could only Struggle. Leer lowered Cubone's defense accordingly. Cubone, at last, had a chance to attack back, but it couldn't.

It was too scared to move.

I checked Marowak's summary again. It was still a ground type. The battle would stall with Marowak using Leer or Growl and the Cubone being too scared to move. I was tempted to flick the power off and restart, but I let the battle drone on until Marowak could only use Struggle - or at least, I had hoped it would have Struggle. I recalled the game-bricking "-" move I used earlier and used it.

Marowak used Bone Club, oddly enough. There was no reaction or effect on Cubone, but Marowak apparently fainted. Suicide, I guess. Its HP bar and name disappeared, but its back sprite remained. There was a sudden sound, as if Cubone fled, though nothing on the screen indicated anything was happening. Suddenly, Cubone's HP bar drained and it fainted. There were no message boxes saying either of the Pokemon fainted, but at last the battle ended. The screen turned black and I expected to be brought back to the start menu, but no dice. In fact, the game was hanging at this black screen.

I waited a few minutes if anything might happen. Eventually the black slowly edged away, revealing the Pokemon Tower's first floor, though of course the NPCs were gone. The in-game menu was disabled and all I could to was walk.

Eventually, I made it up the tower and walked to the place where you encounter the ghost Marowak. There was no music, making the place even more eerie. There was an item where you would find Mr. Fuji as he was being held hostage by Team Rocket, though. I went to see what it was, of course. The usual item acquisition sound played, but there was no message saying what it was. My menu was enabled again, and even though the cursor rolled through every selection, the only thing that ended up working was the Trainer Card. (I named myself BENDER, by the way.)

As you can imagine, it was pretty torn up. The faces of gym leaders were ruined by random patches of numbers and letters, the usual border corrupted by various in-game tiles. My name wasn't BENDER anymore, becoming a random line of letters and numbers. A couple "letters" of my new name were actually NPC and Pokemon menu sprites. The amount of money I had appeared to be a lot as the row of 9s ran off the screen. It was a mess of unused and used data. I pressed A again, hoping to just get out of that thing, seconds after I realized I was missing the typical trainer sprite.

It appeared moments after I pressed A. No, it wasn't some disembodied Red sprite with blood all over it.

It was a Marowak sprite. Even though every pixel of the sprite was in its right place, it looked a little sadder.

I pressed A again, only to hear the desperate sound of its cry.

The next day, I tried to see if the game save could be salvaged, but the only thing I heard upon continuing the game was the Marowak cry against a dark, formidable background. I didn't play Pokemon Blue for a while.

A few weeks after that I lost the game somewhere in my room and haven't seen it in years. I've since played FireRed, and though I know there's no way in hell that kind of crap can happen in FireRed, I'm still uneasy battling that Marowak. Regardless of the new-fangled everything that came with the remake, I can still hear the glitchy 8-bit loop of a Marowak in morning...

Missingno. In Silver (My personal favorite)

A few years back, whilst feeling nostalgic, I dug out my old Silver game. Tragically, the battery had died, thus my save data was all missing, and I was unable to start a new save. Oddly, this has been the first time in all of my 20+ years of playing video games that a battery has died in one of my cartridges.

This left me understandably disappointed, as I had lived and breathed that cartridge when it was new. I was rarely without it within arm's length, no matter where I was, had accumulated at least one dozen each of Shinies and Level 100s, and worst yet - I had traded my best Pokémon from my first game, Blue, to it, including a Level 100 Squirtle that I had outfitted with strong physical attacks and named "Ninja".

While I was thoroughly sad in regards to this event, it was not something that
dehabilitated me in any way. For the next few years, I, on the whole, forgot about my little Silver cartridge, and went on with life.

Every summer my family goes to the local Swap Meet. It's been tradition for as long as I can recall and continued even after I moved away from my parents; last summer was no exception. The Swap Meet, especially recently, has had the quality of its selection decreased by far, but a few gems can be found to the careful observer; for example, five years ago, I had nabbed a pirated English Pokémon Green version for $10, that, although it is just a title screen hack of the English Blue release in a green cartridge, is one of my prized possessions.

In any case, last year, I came across an elderly gentleman with a slew of old games for various Nintendo systems. Most of these cartridges were either games I already owned, or had no interest in, such as the stacks of every Madden release for the SNES that were so high that they threatened to topple every time someone approached the table.

Skimming through the GameBoy games he had for sale, I came across a copy of Pokémon Silver. Strangely, although the little labels affixed for prices on the cartridges read $5-15 on each GameBoy cartridge, Silver was only noted as $1. Nostalgia came flooding back to me, and not wishing to curse my luck, I decided not to inquire the price and jumped on the chance to purchase the game.

I had become sidetracked upon arriving home that night, so the game went untouched until the following afternoon. Rummaging through my bounty of the previous day, I came across the Silver cartridge and decided to give it a go.

I popped the cartridge into my GameBoy Advance and booted up the game. A save file was already present, and like anyone would be, I was a tad curious as to what had gone on in the previous owner's game. I smiled as I chose "Continue", hoping to receive a little insight on a stranger's psyche.

Immediately after the game started, I realized that I hadn't seen the name assigned to the player character; using the start menu to check, I found it was labeled as "The S".

I cocked my eyebrow in surprise. Surely, there was no way anyone else would use this moniker in his or her game - in all of my years, the only people I've encountered using it have been deliberate impostors - hardly someone that would use it in a game of Pokémon.

I shrugged this off for a few mere seconds, when I had found that the player's team also mirrored mine at the last time I had seen it - Ninja, Venom Jr. (Beedrill), Mewtwo, Lugia, Letherhed (Feraligatr), and Slashclaw (Scyther). I couldn't tell whether I was more creeped out or jubilant. Eventually, even though I failed to comprehend exactly how this turn of events came to be, I was just so excited to see my old team again that I continued to press on.

Everything in the game mirrored my previous Silver adventure, right down to other Pokémon I had caught, rival's name, and more. Despite still feeling a little uneasy over my game being duplicated, I kept playing, as nothing else seemed amiss, and it was like I had never lost my initial game.

After clocking a few hours just battling and messing around, eventually I made my way to Cinnabar Island. This is where things truly began to frighten me. Cinnabar had been restored to its former glory, as it had been in Generation I. My fear temporarily subsided after I reasoned that it had to be some sort of hacked cartridge, or maybe, since I had read that Gold and Silver were built on Generation I's architecture, that some glitch had called back to some Gen I Cinnabar Island data still left on the cartridge. This second theory seemed to be the most accurate at the time, considering that the buildings on the island were unavailable for entrance (as if the code to enter the buildings had been disabled) and the sole inhabitant, an old man, spoke only in glitchy-looking gibberish.

I fooled around a bit, surfing and fishing around the area. I was only coming up with low level Magikarp and Tentacool, which was becoming exceedingly tedious. Just I was heading back to the island from surfing off the east side, I ran into a Wild Pokémon encounter. With a sigh, I anticipated another Tentacool, but what awaited me caused my heart to skip a beat.

I don't know why I hadn't consciously made an effort to run into MissingNo. on the coast of Cinnabar Island, but I did indeed encounter it upon my attempted return to land. However, instead of the garbled mess of town sprites that normally compose Pokémon #000 (as well as many glitches in Generation II), this was the standard Red/Blue MissingNo. sprite. Unfortunately, MissingNo.'s appearance in this game wasn't what had me nearly soiling myself in terror; it was the cry it made upon appearing. A sound that had already burrowed itself into my brain.

Earlier that year, I had been out for a jog a few blocks from my apartment, when I had come across a house on fire. Nobody seemed to be around, nor was anyone responding to my shouts for help. I did not have my cell phone on me at the time, and so, in an instinctual move, I broke a window and entered the house. Exiting the kitchen (which was the room I had come into from the window), I was hit in the back with something heavy, hard, and hot (although not on fire), sending me to the floor. Unable to get up, I heard a blood-curdling scream echo throughout the building. Later, after I had been rescued by the firefighters, I had learned that it was the elderly man that had lived there; his wife was already dead when I had made my rescue attempt.

This was the sound that MissingNo. made. The scream of a man burning to death.

Immediately, I dropped my GBA on the couch. Terror flowed through my body like blood, as I just stared at the game lying there. I didn't know what the hell was going on, or what I was going to do next. It may have actually been but a few minutes, but it seemed as if an eternity had passed before I worked up the nerve to pick it up again, again trying to reason why this had occurred, I figured that it simply was a random assortment of glitch noises that just happened to sound similar to the man's screaming. With a shaky hand, I lifted the game up, telling myself how silly it was to be freaking out over a game.

Although it was only Level 3, the MissingNo. wiped out my entire team - which consisted of three Level 100s and no Pokémon under Level 70 - with one Water Gun each, claiming it was "Super effective" no matter what type the Pokémon it hit was.

After Whiting Out, I arrived in a Pokémon Center that according to the map, was in Lavender Town. I had not visited Lavender since I had turned on the game several hours previously, so I was a bit surprised at this. I suddenly heard a bizarre noise, which actually did sound like a glitched warble that would be given off by a MissingNo. It took me a few minutes, however, to realize it was my cell phone. This was not a normal sound for my phone, thus I was startled. Flipping it open, I found that the battery was drained, and it was warning me of such. I had just charged the phone the previous night and the phone has only ever been drained when I hadn't charged it for a couple of days, or used it excessively - which I hadn't.

Sighing, I plugged in my phone, only to be shocked to see a photo pop up on the screen. It was a MissingNo. against a plain white background. Pressing a key on the phone made the phone cycle to another photo, which was another one of MissingNo., but from another angle, as if it were a 3D representation of the glitch, such as an action figure or papercraft.

It took a lot of attempts, but eventually I was able to figure out how to delete the photos (as the normal method only caused the phone to advance to the next photo). Sadly, these photos either overwrote or deleted the dozen or so photos I had on the phone previously.

Now aware that there was definitely something "not right" going on, I approached the game again... but instead of turning it off, I continued playing. I can't tell you why I did... morbid curiosity, perhaps, or maybe it had me in some sort of trance. Normally, as a fan of horror movies, I would think myself savvy enough to not take the bait, but ultimately, I kept at it.

Exiting the Pokémon Center, I found the surroundings to be familiar, but a bit different than I recall Silver's Lavender Town being. It didn't take long to dawn on me that it was because this Lavender Town was a reproduction of the Generation I version, like Cinnabar Island before it - Pokémon Tower included.

I walked into the Pokémon Tower, but the interior was completely different than in other games. It was a small nigh-featureless room, about the size of the inside of a Pokémon Center, with one gravestone in the center. My palms sweating so hard that I thought I was going to drop the game, I approached the grave, expecting to see my name there.

"Here lies Tomb."

Now, most of you would probably find this a bizarre non-sequitur or the game pointing out the obvious. After all, it's a tombstone, so of course there lies a tomb, right?

This message had special connotations for me, however. I had a close friend named Tasha who I had basically mentored for almost a decade, who was like family to me. When she moved out to Wisconsin, her friends there realized that her initials - TMB - were like "tomb" without an 'o', so that became her nickname. Tasha ended up having lymphoma, and while she was sick, I lent her my English Green version - her name as "Tomb" in that game is still there to this day. She passed away in 2008.

This was starting to drive me mad. This game knew details of my life, or at the very least, ones that had been entered into my Pokémon games previously. It was causing things to happen with my cell phone - even though Crystal was the first game to have cell phone interaction, and that was removed from the English version. And it was able to reproduce, realistically, the screams of a burning old man despite the technology not being available on an 8-bit cartridge.

My text message ring tone went off on my phone at this time, causing me to drop the game on the couch hard enough to bounce. Eying my phone, I was reluctant to pick it up again. After a few minutes, eventually irritated by the ring tone going off every 30 seconds as a reminder, I picked up the phone and saw that it was from Tasha's partner, Leslie. At first a chill went down my back, as there was no way this was a coincidence that she was texting me right after I had seen this event in my game. Then, I, still likely in denial, reasoned that perhaps there was ultimately some mystery and that she had come across clues. Sure, it's a hard pill to swallow, but at this point, I was grasping at straws.

I saw that the text had a photo attached, so I held my breath for a moment while I chose to download it. My phone is a TracFone that runs on pre-paid phone cards, so it's not exactly stellar technology, and thus, it took a while for the attachment to transfer. When it appeared on the screen, I came face-to-face with the most horrifying sight I had ever seen in my life.

Tasha appeared on the screen, her flesh a sickly gray and her face covered in deep, bleeding cuts, like the time she had been thrown through a bar window. Her mouth was twisted in a menacing scowl, and her normally beautiful eyes were completely devoid of life. She appeared to be reaching for either the photographer or the item being used to take said photo.

Seeing the face of someone so close to me in such a disturbing manner, tears began to trickle down my face. I just stared at her, willing away the photo while my thumb nervously bashed the keypad, trying to get the image off. I finally managed to delete the text (via the standard method, not the workaround I'd used to get rid of the MissingNo. photos), and quickly closed the phone. Using my landline, I dialed up Leslie... no answer, no voice mail. Scared out of my wits, I pulled the cartridge from the GBA's slot (without first turning it off), stepped out onto my balcony into the hot summer night, and flung the cartridge with all of my might across the street, hearing it crash against something with a satisfying snap.

The GBA screen was white, and there was no sound emanating from it. I turned off the system, confident that I had beaten whatever cursed monstrosity that had tormented me. As I went to put away the GBA, I saw a Silver cartridge sitting on my sofa. Nearly vomiting, I realized there was no price sticker, and that this was my original Silver cartridge, which must've fallen out from the carrying case. Just to be certain, I loaded it into my GBA, and it indeed had no save file. Satisfied, I returned everything to it rightful place. I checked the cell one last time, and everything seemed to be in order, save for all of the photos that were removed by the MissingNo. ones.

I never did have problems with the cell phone or GameBoy again. I got a hold of Leslie the next day through her job, and she had told me that she had switched providers but not numbers, thus why I wasn't able get a hold of her. I decided not to frighten her with the plight I had just encountered, though.

To this day, I don't think I'll ever get another Silver version. I definitely will not purchase any more Pokémon games secondhand, and if I decide to get one of the remakes, I'm getting HeartGold.

Surprised no one posted the other ones from tumblr.
Well, whatever.

Red Wasn't Himself

Cooped up in his room right after a visit to Lavender Town. It wasn’t normal, and even then Red’s mother didn’t know what got into him. It could’ve just been poison or just a normal temporary paralyzation but when she looked to check on him, he was healthy and quiet like he usually was; but the air it felt heavy…
It was almost hard to breathe. She went up to Red’s room one day, and opened the window, and a ghastly scent went up to her nose. The smell of rotting decay, the burning flesh, and the muggy taste as though it came from the soil. She coughed heavily and closed the window, and the stench faded. Red suddenly came in, “MOM! DON’T COME INTO MY ROOM!” he yelled in a upset tone.

“Red, hun, what…what did you bring? I-it reeks it smells; you can’t can’t possibly live in this condition, can you?”

“It’s just…it’s just…Gh—” Red started and one of the pokeballs on his belt started to rattle, and he shoved her out of the room, “GET OUT! NOW!”

SLAM!

Red’s mother was shaken. This wasn’t her sweet little boy, not anymore, she thought. She had to help somehow. She shakily raised up her hand to knock, but then stopped when he heard Red talking.

“This isn’t what we agreed on, d-don’t you have enough souls you already cursed? You can kill anyone you think is in our way but you can’t kill her! You can’t have my mom!”

She shivered. She wanted to run, but she couldn’t leave him. Leave him with that…thing he was talking to.
She stood by the door as the conversation on the other side gradually turned into a full out argument. The door made a thump like something was thrown against it, and she got more worried. She heard and felt things being shred and torn. It felt like forever until things went quiet. Red’s mother swallowed as she knocked on the door, and it slowly opened.

Everything was normal. Nothing was thrown or torn. It was in place like it usually was, but Red was gone.
And the window was opened. The stillness in the room was eerie, it was like no one lived there to begin with.
She felt her heart grow heavy and she cried.

“Purgatory”

http://cherlnida.deviantart.com/#/d2zh2cp

I'm Sorry, Mommy

I’m sorry, Mommy. I’m so sorry. I know you told me over and over not to walk away while you were talking to your friend, but I couldn’t help myself. It was so cute……

I didn’t know it was alive. I thought it was a balloon. Just a balloon. Not this horrible creature.

You promised me a balloon yesterday, but you forgot. When I saw it, I figured you wouldn’t mind if I took it. There were no other kids around to claim it, and if you got mad I would’ve reminded you of your promise.

Instead, I ended up like this.

When I got closer, I saw that it wasn’t a balloon at all. It was a Pokemon. A Drifloon, to be precise. I had overheard you talking with your friends a few days ago, saying how these Pokemon have been rumored to carry off the children who hold onto them. It scared me when you said it, but I completely forgot your gossip when I saw the creature in real life. It was so cute. It shouldn’t have been able to hurt me.

But looks can be deceiving, can’t they? Now I know for myself how true that is.

The rest is simple. I reached for the Drifloon. Grabbed it, held on. It started to float. I struggled, Mommy. I wish you knew how hard I struggled. How I tried to bounce, to use my weight to force the creature down. How the wind was too strong. How I lost.

I think I started crying then. I just gave up. I was being carried so far above the trees, and I knew this thing wouldn’t be able to fight the wind and float down. I closed my eyes and cried. Cried and missed you. I’m sorry, Mommy.

When I next opened my eyes, I was in a strange place. I never thought I would wind up in this place. I was always a good girl, wasn’t I, Mommy? I thought only bad people were sent here.

Maybe luck is on my side. Maybe this Drifloon will carry me out of here one day. Maybe it won’t. I don’t know. All I know is how scared I am.

If I get out of here, I promise I’ll never walk away again. I promise, Mommy.

If I get out of here, I’ll never become a Pokemon trainer. I never want to go through anything like this ever again.

But saying all of that is pointless. My arms will tire eventually. I’ll have to let go. The creature will float away, stranding me here. I’ll never be able to escape.

I love you, Mommy. I’m sorry.

http://heyigotadeviantart35.deviantart.com/#/d2zhg1a

Axe, Candle, Rope

Pokemon Red and Green versions began development in 1989, and were considered complete and fit for release in 1995. It took a long time, because of the problems surfacing along the way. These were considered at the time to be due to the game being on the cutting-edge of new technology, because the programmers were overcoming bugs nobody had to work around before.

In 1992-1993, when the first playable sections of the game were complete in alpha form, is what started the long struggle. HM moves didn’t exist at this point, instead, the player had to use items to get around. For example, the “surfboard” item allowed the player to surf across water. This item was still in the programming when the Beta version was released, and some more hardcore gamers managed to hack it into the game again. Instead of “cut”, the player would use the item “axe” on trees. Instead of “flash” you would use a “candle”. The “escape rope” was supposed to be replaced by the move Dig, for some reason though that item wasn’t removed.
It made perfect sense, and seemed to work just fine until one of the alpha version testers used the candle inside a building. The screen fogged up, the “smoke screen” attack animation covering everything. A text box appeared saying “Hurry, get away”.
The door sound played, the character would be returned to the overworld, the building would be blackened and un-enterable.
The Axe, worked perfectly for removing the small trees. It also worked on people. And some sections of the fence that hemmed in the entire playable world. Upon using the Axe on a human NPC, the sprite would vanish, and be replaced by a small patch of dark pixels. This looked most like the blood it represented in red version, and just slightly odd in green.
It became a morbid joke among the testers, who all assumed these things were programmed in just to try and spook them, and that these things would of course be removed from the final versions. They were. Mostly.
Escape Rope was considered a step too far by some. Upon standing facing a doorway, if you were to select and use the escape rope, it would form a noose and the player character would be hung from it! The only way to get out of this was to switch the game off and continue from the last save.
One of the testers left and a new person hired in his place. The new guy didn’t much like the sick jokes the programmers played on the testers. The others laughed it off, told him not to be so touchy. But he insisted that these were children’s games, and the programmers shouldn’t be adding these things, even if they were only temporary, or meant as a joke. That was so long ago, I’ve forgotten his name. It was Kenta.. or something. He complained to the higher-ups about the ‘added extras’, and some of the programmers were questioned and one was even fired over the incident. The claim was that they were deliberately wasting time and resources.
To be fair, by this time we had music and basic sound effects in the game which made the extra effects that little more gruesome. Using the Axe on a person, would trigger a high pitched squealing sound along with the disappearance and puddle of blood.
Burning buildings had an added repetitive crackling sound effect that imitated fire to the best of the old technology’s ability, and a singular crack would play when the Escape rope was used.
None of the programmers actually owned up to putting the dark extras in, they all claimed to have never seen them before, but they began to suspect each other, realising their jobs were on the line, and claimed to have suspicions about each other. Who knows if that programmer that was fired actually did have anything to do with it? It was decided that the items would be scrapped entirely, and HM moves were invented to enable the player to progress instead. The remaining programmers found a lot of trouble trying to erase the items from the code, and resorted to burying them, making them unusable or inaccessible. The effect was the same as erasing them, wasn’t it?
It worked. The whole incident was forgotten. Until the Beta versions were released to the public and hackers started taking an interest in the game’s coding.
There were the famous incidents surrounding lavender town, and the music that so badly affected younger players. There were one or two cases in which hackers had uncovered the buried items in the games coding, and the disturbing images that came with them combined with the overall music caused them to completely lose themselves. It was all covered up, mostly. Almost no records of what happened exist but I remember hearing on the news back then that a high school student had taken an axe to her classmates, she’d pulverised them as much as possible into indistinguishable puddles of human flesh.
Her surviving friends said she had become obsessed with her new Pokémon game in the time leading up to the attack. One of them, interviewed for a TV news bulletin described the girl as “like a maniac for Pokémon. She was always excited about secrets in the games”.
The axe wielding girl was of course hospitalised. She never spoke to anyone, but the nurses that took care of her claimed to hear her humming a tune at night. They said it was creepy and unsettling, the tune made them uncomfortable. The girl will be in her 30’s by now, hopefully still somewhere secure.
An older fan of the games’ office building burned down just months after the incident with the girl and the axe. It was mostly played off by the media as a tragic accident. Fire is quite a common risk in old multi story buildings full of paperwork after all. The strange thing was that only the one man survived, he had, apparently left the building almost pre-emptively, blocking doors behind him as he went. All the police could figure out about the fire was that it had started in the stationary cupboard, where someone had apparently left a box of candles, the only evidence of which was a pool of melted wax among the charred shelves and debris. He claimed to be shocked and horrified by the tragedy, saying he had nothing to do with it. He was under suspicion though and the police found several boxes of candles and a few hacked and edited copies of Pokémon red and green in his apartment. I don’t remember what happened to him after that, if he was convicted of arson or not. I remember a news bulletin on TV showing a burned game cartridge supposedly found in the man’s home.
There were more, all hushed up and forgotten with time. But with the modern world’s computer technology and game roms and so on, there is a real risk that someone might be able to uncover these items again.. unless in newer versions the old alpha coding was successfully removed but nobody would have been looking for it in order to do so would they?
The thought terrifies me. I don’t think I can handle seeing these things happen again, knowing I was part of it, that someone might eventually find me and question me. The music plays in my ears every day, that tinny pulse of lavender town and although I’ve survived this long, it is time to end the struggle. I’m writing this as a warning to anyone who may read it. Don’t go looking for the buried items. My Escape Rope is waiting.

Dirt is Unsettling

It can get a little… Too, unsettling.
It was not long ago, this Swablu was simply a pet to be displayed in it’s cage. While the Master’s abode was empty of any guests, the pokemon was allowed to fly around the mansion. He said it was for the bird to spread it wings. But it was so the house would stay clean for his guests.

The little bird would fly around contently until seeing some kind of dirt or grime; which would make the pokemon polish it off vigorously until it could shine.

Once while the Master was sleeping, and the Swablu was flying, a burglar was spying. This burglar has been monitoring the house for quite a while and found his chance to go in and rid the place of it’s possessions.

He crept into the house and starting filling his bag with everything of value. He jumped when he noticed the Swablu perch itself on a nearby chair. He chuckled and continued looting.

The Swablu watched carefully, it’s eyes going dim. The burglar was filthy from sneaking through the yard, and the pokemon examined every aspect of the human’s dirty body. The burglar, after clearing the room, walked by the Swablu ad smirked at it.
“Are you suppose to be the guard here? Heh, you’re not doing that great of a job. Better luck next time.” he whispered, reaching his hand out to pet the bird.

Once touched, the Swablu started to shake, and Burglar raised a brow.
“You’re a scary little pokemon, eh? Haha” he teased, and the Swablu caught his finger in it’s mouth.
“Haha, that’s a grip ya got there. Now let go.” he chuckled. The pokemon didn’t budge, there was a long silence as the Burglar tried to take his finger back from the pokemon. Then, with surprising force, Swablu broke his finger off, the Burglar held in his yelp of pain, clutching his 4 fingered hand.

The Swablu fluttered up and tried to wipe him down with it’s wings. The man’s struggling made it hard for any cleaning to be done and pecked at him to cease his movement. It only made him scramble more and his flailed around and crashed into things. The Swablu continued to peck and clean…

The Master fled his mansion.
But only because of what he woke up to.
A severed head, parts of his brain, visible and spoiled.
An eye out of socked.
Tissues from the throat dangling out of what’s left of it’s neck, and chunks on the floor.

And a Swablu, neatly perched on the head, nibbling on a severed arm while smearing itself clean of blood…

I can't link to it, but apparently there is a new hack called pokemon gray which has a "slightly darker ilk to it."

Reading creepypasta's late at night in the dark before school probably isn't a good idea.

But...I think I'd like to write one myself /D

I can't link to it, but apparently there is a new hack called pokemon gray which has a "slightly darker ilk to it."

Do I hear a Creepy Let's Play in the making when it's done? :goof:

MasterSceptile

Last edited:
I disagree, the actual story was creepier to me.
The creepypasta with the even creepier visual was that majora's mask one.

Rotom
http://invadernebu.deviantart.com/#/d2zqor0
Have you ever wandered Eterna Forest at night? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't.

If not, have you ever wondered about the abandoned mansion, placed behind the myriad of wilted trees? No matter what the season, the trees always seem dead, bark black and twisted. The Old Chateau, it's called. The owners have supposedly vanished years ago, leaving the house behind.

Many would wonder – why build a house in such an outlandish place? Who'd want to live in a forest, considering Eterna City was so close?

A few brave trainers have ventured into the house. Everything is eerily in place. Plates and silverware are lined up perfectly on the table, all covered under a layer of dust. Books are lined up neat and orderly, spare the cobwebs in the corners.

Of course, what disturbs everyone is that the lights are always on. If the house is as old as people say it is, wouldn't the lights have burned out years ago? Even at night, faint lights shine from the window. If one listens hard enough, faint buzzing is heard as well. No one knows any more, as they leave as quickly as possible, much to scared to continue exploring.

The story surrounding the place… it's why no one goes anymore.

No one knows every detail. But they know enough not to go anywhere near it.

Story is that two ghosts live there. A young girl, and an old man. They are sometimes seen floating beyond the windows, staring into the forest. It's almost as if they're trapped; they can't leave. As if… something is holding them back, you could say.

Other than the standard Gastly floating around, another ghost type is said to live there.

It's always in some electronic device. It remains in the TV mostly, hoping someone would be foolish enough to enter the Old Chateau. Two people aren't enough, it thinks. It wants more people, friends – to scare, to cause enough havoc until insanity has driven them to death.

If your Pokedex or Poketch act up near the chateau, it is best to drop it and run.

If not, a zap of blue electricity might be the last thing you ever see.

So perhaps, maybe you won't wander the forest at night. After all, it's for your safety.

Staring
I was lying in my bed, playing Soul Silver on my new DS that night when strange things started happening. My girlfriend had been into Pokemon for a long time so I decided to try it out. I spent alot of my hard earned money, $120 almost, on a DS, charger, and Soul Silver.

I laid in my bed after my shower, getting dressed in an old pair of shorts (I’m not going to sleep naked you know) and lied down to play. I was fascinated with how much they had changed from the original Silver version. But what really caught my attention were the Ruins of Alph.

They had been a site of my many theories of Pokemon back in the days of the old GBA games, back when I was a small child. My friends would always say things like a Zapdos pops out of the wall if you catch enough of them, or that they spell certain things in your inventory.

I thought it was just a myth, hell the Zapdos thing was flat-out ridiculous. But when I saw the different letters, I thought it was strange, so a few years later I decided to check out SS and the ruins again.

One problem though, I had no idea what to do, I hated using guides for Pokemon games, after all, it’s not fun unless you put yourself in the place of the trainer. After a while, I gave up wandering around the ruins and went to bed. I slept for about two hours when I woke up, and what I awoke to startled me to no end. A lone Unown attatched itself to my bedroom ceiling, it seemed to be in the shape of a “T.”

I tried to ignore it until another one in the shape of an “I” floated out from under my bed and fell in line with the other one. I looked under my bed, much to my stupidity, and found that my DS had been left on, my character lying on the ground. “Hey, Ty!” (I named my character after myself, something my girlfriend had encouraged me to do.) When I looked back up, an M and E had taken their place on my ceiling. Upon closer inspection, the character wasn’t dead or bloody as fuck (praise God) but rather seemed in a deep sleep of some sort with Unown circling him.

I opened the party menu (at least that worked) and saw my party had been completely replaced with Unown. My Typhlosion was out of its ball somehow, lying on the ground, as was my Gyarados, my Pigeot, my Alakazam, all but the Unowns remained.

I looked at the status for all of them, they spelled a phrase that made my heart stop. “Wake Ty” was spelled, all with surprisingly different colored Unown, like they were shiny. I kept looking up at the Unown (I now realized that they were carvings that seemed to show up periodically) and saw that an S and R had taken their place. I made out “Times R” and looked back at my DS, the Typhlosion had awoken and was cowering in fear. I had no idea what was going on, but apparently I had to act fast.

“Times Run” is what was up on my ceiling next. I was freaking out as the game had gone dead silent, I turned on every light in the room, and still things kept happening. This wasn’t some voodoo or disturbing hacked game, this was a horror story. The Unown in my party went from all six, to just two, who both spelled the word “Up”. “Wake Ty Up?” I tried to press every button to make my character move, he just laid there, motionless and white. I was panicking as I dared look at the ceiling. “Time’s Run Out.” I panicked as I switched the game off so fast I could have sworn I tore the switch off the system. As I put the DS down and looked up, the letters were no longer staring at me, I felt relieve as I laid by the DS and slept. What happened next I’m almost afraid to recount. An ear piercing scream emmitted from my DS as it began flashing different colors.

The character was spinning so fast I could have sworn blood was coming from him. First an arm came off and I felt a stab in my left bicep. It was so painful I bit my lip to surpress my screaming. The another as it hit the right, my arms went numb as I hit the ground, sobbing in pain. “Emily!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as a stabbing pain hit my legs, every inch of them felt as though they had been burned. “Ty Wake Up.” kept relaying in my mind as tears of blood fell from both my character’s face and my own. Unown filled my room, spelling things I had hoped never to see or hear. “It’s over, No longer yours, you couldn’t help me, I hate you, Wated, Useless, Done, Forever alone, Death Awaits, Ty Wake Up.” I couldn’t stop screaming. “Emily! Dad! Help me!” I held my head as I felt a final tearing pain in my neck. It was time for me to die. “Ty Wake Up, Ty Wake Up.” I was pounding my head into the end table, blood gushing from my forehead, trying desperately to stop it, then I heard another voice. Not one of the Unown or a Pokemon, but of a girl.

“Ty, wake up!”

I woke up on the ground to a pair of bare feet. I looked up, wiping the blood from my face to see my girlfriend in front of me, barely dressed in her nightclothes and kneeling next to me. “What happened?” She said concerned. I looked up in shock, the letters were gone.

I checked my DS, there was nothing wrong with it, and the switch was still there. “Bad dream?” I stood up, feeling woozy and sick. “More like a horrible nightmare.” I laughed as I rubbed my arm, trying to releive the pain.

Pokemon Bluebell
When I was a kid, I loved Pokémon. Still do! But I never got into cheating or hacking until very recently, dabbling in it occasionally through YouTube videos and my Nintendo DS Action Replay; and I rarely downloaded ROMs unless the game was impossible to find or I couldn’t afford it. That is, but for one exception. I once downloaded a copy of Pokémon Blue from a public-access ROM site so I could try out glitches and use cheats (I didn’t own a Gameshark at the time, and I wasn’t sure how to get a hold of one, anyway). I downloaded one of questionable origin and opened it.

This was sometime in 2005, so about ten years after the release of the original Red, Blue, Green and Yellow games. As the game started up a wave of nostalgia washed over me and I forced myself to swallow a fangirly squeal of delight. Almost immediately I could tell this was either a hacked ROM, or a fan-made translated copy of the Japanese version. The dialogue was in Engrish; so nonsensical was Professor Oak’s speech that I could barely recognise it. I frowned, wondering if this would affect later gameplay, but the thoughts vanished from my brain upon finding myself in my room. The colours were slightly off, but there seemed to be no other issues. Naturally I checked my PC before leaving, withdrawing my lone potion (translated as “medicine” by the ROM’s creator). I then headed out and triggered Professor Oak’s “Don’t Go In The Grass!” cut scene.

As I was escorted to the Lab, the graphics glitched somewhat, cutting objects in half or causing entire lines of pixels to move over several spaces, making the overall display incongruent. It looked somewhat like Glitch City. When we arrived, the game appeared to freeze me at the door after Oak walked away, but resumed after only a brief pause. The dialogue continued as normal (well, as normal as possible for a fanslation) with strange, quirky dialogue added in. I can’t remember now what it was, I just remember chuckling at it, seeing how obviously the hacker had had his fun with it.

I then proceeded to choose Squirtle as my starter, simply called “turtle” by the game, but the option to name it seemed to glitch. Again, I can’t remember the details, I just know that whatever I named it didn’t quite stick… I don’t really know. All I know is that when I battled with Gary it was still called “turtle”. The game would always be at its glitchiest during battles. The dialogue was a series of Japanese symbols, glitch blocks and number and letters in alternating lowercase and uppercase. Sprites were cut in half, inverted, mirrored, miscoloured or glitch blocks. Attacks didn’t always show the animations normally, and the sound effects were distorted, delayed, or non-existent. I managed to play the game just fine, though, still noticing the same issues – Rattata was “rat”, Pidgey was “bird”, etc. Also, due to what I assumed to be yet another translation error, Pokémon “died” instead of fainting. I wasn’t bothered by this – it was long before I discovered Pokémon -related creepypasta, so I thought nothing of it. Pokémon wouldn’t ~mysteriously disappear~ from my party, the gameplay wasn’t affected – the only “off” things about my party were a) the sprites were glitched as well as the health bars, b) my Pokémon’s names kept changing (I’d stopped nicknaming them), and c) their levels would fluctuate seemingly at random, making raising them both unpredictable and difficult.

Also, although my Squirtle’s name appeared as a bunch of glitchy symbols and pixels in my party and Pokédex, whenever I sent it out in battle, it was always named “Bluebell”. It was also the only Pokémon in my party that, for some reason, would randomly learn and subsequently forget the move Struggle, despite it not being a learnable move AND despite my other moves having full PP. Also inexplicably, whenever I used it, the fainting animation would play, Squirtle’s health would pulsate as if it had infinite HP, and then it would cry out – and reappear as if it had never fainted. In fact, it never did faint – it was as if the Squirtle was unable to die, as if it were… Invincible? Upon reaching zero HP, the Pokémon would “faint” repeatedly (about five or six time), then return, as if called out, practically unharmed but usually with the wrong cry (often a Rhydon’s or a Graveller’s, who knows why). At first I thought it was kinda cool, then somewhat annoying, and finally downright creepy. I also couldn’t deposit it, and sometimes when I was travelling, its cry would randomly play, but slowed down somewhat, so for the first few times I didn’t even recognise it (and it didn’t even start doing that until around Pewter City). Whenever I checked my party after that sound, Bluebell’s status would have changed unpredictably to asleep, paralysed or poisoned (although it never took walking damage) – never frozen or burned, though. More often than not it cured itself. It was as though this particular part of the game was out of my control. It had a mind of its own, so to speak, and I rarely ever had proper control over it.

But all this paled in comparison to what happened when I was training in the fields between Lavender and Fuchsia.

I was wandering aimlessly, trying to seek out new Pokémon to battle and/or capture, when all of a sudden, Bluebell attempted to evolve (I tend to hold off evolution until a Pokémon has learned a decent amount of moves). It didn’t do this in battle, nor after a recent level-up, but while I was in mid-step. A dialogue box appeared saying, “Bluebell is [glitch]. Bluebell is about to evolve! [More glitches]” My Squirtle then tried to evolve into… A freaking Butterfree. “What the hell?! Uh, no!” I thought, and mashed the cancel button belligerently. Instead of cancelling evolution, however, Squirtle then attempted to evolve into two other Pokémon – first, an Articuno with half its right wing and its entire left leg missing with glitchy pixels adorning its head, and then an entire mass of glitch blocks that vaguely resembled a trainer sprite. Whether or not I tried to interfere seemed to not matter in the least at this point. Finally, Bluebell at last evolved… back into a Squirtle. What?

“Bluebell’s EVOLUTION hAs FAiLed!! [glitch block]” the screen read. It then returned me to the overworld. But before I could move, Squirtle’s cry played again – this time so slow it took about ten whole seconds for the sound to play out. The game then announced, “Bluebell has died!” Confused, I checked my party, only to find that my little turtle buddy had indeed fainted. Properly.

When I exited to the overworld, I found myself in a mysteriously silent Lavender Town, void of NPCs save for “Ghost Hand Girl”, who when spoken to would only say, “You’re not LOST, are you?” – it read almost as if I had made my name LOST (it wasn’t – it was Jack, my favourite boys’ name). Confused and disturbed, I entered the Pokémon Center, a.k.a. the “hospice”, also devoid of life but for Nurse Joy. When I tried to get her to heal my Pokémon, all she would say was, “It won’t wake up…” She also didn’t move at all.

I tried to leave Lavender Town, but every exit I tried triggered a text box reading, “Bluebell turned away…”, as if we were in battle and it was disobeying me. But Bluebell was unconscious… wasn’t it?

I tried the Pokémart, or the “store” as the game preferred, but it too was empty, an item ball lying on the ground. It contained an Escape Rope, strangely enough, which was one of the only items in the game to retain its correct name. When used, Professor Oak’s “Not now!” speech was given, and every subsequent attempt after that to use it would cause the warning to become glitchier and glitchier, until it was unreadable.

Finally, I entered the Pokémon Tower (simply called “the graveyard” – all in lowercase as I’ve written here) and, unsurprisingly, it too was empty. I headed on up the tower, seeing hide nor hair of trainer or Pokémon. When I reached the top, Mr. Fuji was there. When I spoke to him, he said, “Let me take care of your Bluebell…” as though he was the Daycare Man. The healing music played. Then he said, “I’m sorry.” When I tried talking to him again, he just kept saying the same damn thing over and over. When I checked my party, I realised Bluebell had never been returned, and when I exited the menu, Mr. Fuji had disappeared. I used the Escape Rope and finally, it worked. On exiting the building, Ghost Girl was nowhere to be seen, but when I attempted to leave Lavender Town, Professor Oak’s “Don’t Go Into The Grass!” scene played out, but with Ghost Hand Girl as my guide, who tried to lead me… Somewhere. When the door animation and sound played, I found myself outside my house in Pallet Town. When I tried going into the houses, the doors were all locked, so I tried the Lab, which was open, but once again, there were no people around. When I got to the opposite end of the Lab I found the sprite of a Pokédex in place of where Charmander’s Pokéball should’ve been, and when I hit the action button in front of it, it revealed itself to be a note reading, “You are not LOST. It is waiting for you in [glitch].” I left the Lab, pondering the meanings of the all-capitals “LOST” and my destination, but on my way to the grass leading to Viridian, the Fly animation played (despite not yet owning the HM for Fly) and I was transported to the door of the daycare. I entered and was greeted by the Daycare Man, who gifted me with… a Squirtle named Bluebell. It was level five and knew the moves Tackle, Tail Whip, and Struggle. Glitched information. Same distorted cry.

Upon leaving the daycare, a text box popped up saying, “[glitch]er Jack has fainted!” The screen then went black, beeped a few randomly pitched tones, then proclaimed, “Player Jack has died!”. It then scrolled through several boxes worth of glitch symbols, before going blank for several pages, finally ending with, “…Kekekekeke…” Then the credits rolled, but the music was changed to a slowed version of the Pokémon Tower music. Once they ended, the game froze, and I couldn’t do anything. The entire program seemed to freeze, but worked perfectly when I loaded a different game. I was never able to open that file again; in fact, I could no longer use the game at all.

According to my computer, the file was corrupted.

Last edited:
This one's based off a nightmare I had last week (warning PG-13)

Aural Vengeance

My older sister and I use to play all the pokemon genertaion games. Mostly the Gen 4 games because they invtned wireless capapbility that worked better. You all know them. Diamond and Pearl. My sister always like to admire the super cute trainers like Barry, Riley, and Roark. But me I'd prefer to look at the cuteness inside a pokemon thats evil looking. My favorite had to be that Lucario that I got from the Riolu egg that Riley gave me. I only used that Lucario in my team along with my Infernape, and the legend on the box and thee rest were HM slaves. The Elite 4 matches were easy but I beat up Cynthia's Milotic with my Lucario who was swift and offensive. After 2008 I quitted playing Pokemon due to being busy with schoolwork and homework.

Its been over 2 years. 2010. I was playing Pokemon Heartgold during April Vacation when I noticed my Diamond cover looked funny. It seems Dialga had melted into a skeleton? And there was a silhoutte of Lucario in the background. This was very strange. I looked inside and saw there was no card inside. 'Hmm those cards are so small maybe I lost it somewhere' I whispered before setting up my clothes for the next day. I didnt notice the bright blue glow coming from under my bed. "Alright I'm ready for tomorrow" I said again before climbing into bed with my dog named Dexter. I heard growling but it wasnt my doggy. Maybe my other dog Sammy was under my bed. I sighed before turning my lights off and putting on my night light. You are asking why? No its not because I am afraid of the dark its so I wont be blinded when climbing back o bed after going the bathroom.

Around 11pm when my older sister came inside after a party at the mall she screamed. It didnt wake any of us up but the next morning we saw her beaten to death where she walked isnide of the house. We called the police but they couldnt find any clues besides the dark blue and black hairs that were around her body and inside her blood.

After the funeral I started to wonder why I remembe the fur. I chekce my Diamond cover again. No sign of Dialga's skelton, it only shows a picture of Lucario except his whole eyes were a dark red color, as if he were bery very angry. And my Diamond Card still wasnt inside. I grew a little bit scared as I started to think about my old Lucario killing my older sister as I climbed into bed with Dexter and put Sammy in his crate. We hard growling coming from outside. I checked the window but saw nothing. "Maybe it was a raccoon" I said before falling asleep again. I ehard a loud dog cry and woke up with a start. I ran outside and saw Sammy stabbed right in his crate, blood everywhere! "Oh no! My Sam Sam!" I cried before calling 911. After the animal ambulance came and took my dog away I had to take Dexter with me. I didnt want the Lucario sprit to strike.

I sworn I have heard my name as I walked into the back of the ambulance with my Dexter. Allison. I grew scared and held Dexter close to my chest.

Pretty soon the doctors said Sammy didnt make it, and they would keep Dexter at the kennel until they found out who's killing all the people in my neighborhood. I knew, but there's now way any of the doctors would believe a pokemon was killing everyone. I got a ride back home and saw my house was still in-tact. but I heard my name again, louder with a rustle in the bushes. Allison! My Allison I felt really frightened as tears came out of my eyes. I did have my house keys, opened the door nd ran inside, slamming my door and locking them, and the windows! "Dont kill me" I whispered before seeing the time. "WHAT THE!?" I shouted as I read the time. It said 6am. "I gotta go to bed, or I'll be really tired tomorrow!" I said before realising it was tomorrow. "Wait its still summer I can sleep in a little bit" I whispered before climbing into bed. My dreasm turned into a nightmare, it involved me seeing my sisters ghost.

"Why did you do it!" she asked me.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Sent your Lucario after me?" she cried back.

"I didnt! HE HAS A MIND OF HIS OWN" I shouted back, before she disappeared. "Oh no" I whispered before falling to the floor crying. I could see my Lucairo standing in front of me, laughing manicially.

"Now you know how it feels to be away from someone you really love!" he said before teleporting away. "MY DEAR ALLISON WILL BE MINE FOREVER!!!!" he shouted.

I woke up with a start! My night-light burnt out. "Ohhh my head" I mumbled as I stumbled out of bed. I clicked on my light and saw that it was no longer my room. It was but I saw me from the past, with my sister.

"My Lucario's going to beat you!" the younger me said. I could see Lucario's sprit sitting next her.

"Yeah right my Empoleons gonna win!" My sister said. Empoleon's sprit was sitting next to her.

The final move was made, Aura Sphere! Empoleon fainted.

"YAAAAY WE DID IT LUCARIO!!!!" the younger me shouted with happiness. The Lucario sprit smiled as she pulled the younger me into a hug. I gasped at the scene. It was the first time I beat my sister in a pokemon battle. My sister looked happy too as the Empoleon sprit patted her on the back.

"That was back when we were inseprable" a voice said from behind. The scene faded away into my room in the present. I could still see my bed was empty a if I just got back from the pet hospital. I rubbed my eyes. Everything was normal but I realised I left my bedroom door open. "I'm getting forgetful" I said and shut the door and lockd it up. After climbing back into bed and pulling my covers over my body I still felt chilly. I clicked on my night light and realised it was open. "Good night" I said into the air.

"Good night" a voice said from under my bed.

"WHO SAID THAT!?" I responded with fear.

"Me" the voice said again. I knelt down and checked under my bed. There wasnt much of anything besides old socks and undergarmets that Sammy takes under my bed. *I'm gonna need to pick that up tomorrow* I thought as I climbed back up.

"You want me to help then?" the voice said agian. I screamed but I felt a paw cover my mouth. I could feel the fur on my paw and saw it was black in the light of my night light. "Dont scream my pet, it will make this sleep less enjoyable" the voice said. I peered my eyes towards the right direction and I saw my old Lucario from my Diamond version game laying down next to me.

"Sleeping?" I mumbled.

"Yes...peaceful sleep together for long time" Lucario said. I felt his paw run under the covers and under my bottom with a gentle squeeze.

"Peaceful sleep for long time?" I coughed out.

"Oh yeah, dogs are with us too see?" Lucario said and pointed towards the floor. I looked too and saw Dexter and Sammy sleeping as if they werent killed at all.

"And sister?" I ask again.

"Oh she's living her own life in the real world" Lucario responded.

"What!?" I asked. He nodded and pointed out that we were all sleeping on my bed that was on a cloud. I could see my sister walking towards the mall. "Wait I thought she was killed" I said.

"No that was only a mere image I sent to you, it was the opposite, you were coming home from a party and I beat you up, and I erally apologise for that but it was the only way I could get you to be with all of us" Lucario responded. I looked up and saw all of my pokemon fromthe past games I've played, all in playpens. Pokemon from Blue and Yellow, Gold and Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, and Diamond, and Heargold and Soulsilver. "See dont you remember them all?" Lucario asked. I nodded.

"Why'd you do this?" I asked him.

"We all felt so lonely, so I used my ways of aura and mind control to give youthose visions that your older sister was seeing and reversed them while I was taking your soul and that of all the pokemon in all the pokemon games you've played. I've also had help from Alakazam" Lucario responded.

"So all that was happening, wasnt really happening?" I asked. He shook his head no.

"It was only a vision, or a dream" Lucario responded.

"Ohh...but why am I still in bed?" I asked.

"Oh heh heh I wanted payback" Lucario responded.

"What for?" I ask.

"You have left me in the daycare for 2 years mating at the daycare with a Ditto! I was mating with him for all that time! Now we shall make up for that suffering" Lucario said with a small sign of anger.

"So why are my Boing-Boing Bunny Pajamas off?" I ask without a clue.

"Oho you have no idea how we pokemon make the eggs do you babe?" Lucario asked. I shook my head no as all the pokemon woke up and were looking at us. He climbed on top of me with a large smirk.

"Now suck it! SUCK IT NOW" he barked.

"I dont wanna!" I cry.

"Awww yeah thats nice Ally aw yeah...owch! You bit me!" Lucario shouted as he backed off.

"Dont tell me to do that again then!" I growl back.

'Alright then this wont hurt too much!" Lucario said as he crawled back on top of me.

Screams were heard as all the pokemons faces all flashed by with laughter and happiness in their eyes. Revenge plan Allison has been successful.

"Why do I hear Ally screaming?" my older sister Kimmy asked her high school friends. "Isnt she dead?" they all asked. "Oh yea she was a pest" Kimmy said with a laugh.

Last edited:
i is making new story!

here goes nothing!

um... just... urm... need a name...oo! got one!

Controlled
I had a happy life in Twinleaf Town for a while. Till one day in 2007. I had been in my bed when suddenly i started moving. I did not want to move. I wanted to sleep in. I started walking round the room, bumbing into walls. It hurt, but I kept doing it. I walked downstairs. My Mom started talking about me leaving home. What was all this about? I did not want to leave. I tried to run, I tried to talk, but I could only stand there. I started walking against my own will, and I ended up outside my house. I walked up to a man. I bumbed into him. He started looking around, aimlessly. Suddenly, there was a "Ping" noise and he jerked towards me. "Technology amazes me! I mean, now you can connect with the world...wirelssly!" He said. What did he mean, wireleesly? The "Ping" noise apeared again, and he said, "Technology amazes me! I mean, now you can connect with the world...wirelssly!" in the exact same tone. And no matter who I talked to, they always said a different phrase, over and over again. And I walked out of my town, my world, against my own will.

The boy looked up from his DS and up at his dad. "Thanks for buying me Pokemon Diamond, Dad! It's the best game ever!"

Not to be rude but I dint find it scary at all...but it was a good effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom