• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon D-Arts/S.H. Figuarts Thread

PkmnChmp5

Reaction score
I realized there wasn't a thread for this yet so I decided to start one.

This will be the place for you to post your thoughts/pictures/comments/etc. about the Pokémon figures in the S.H. Figuarts (and the former D-Arts) toy line from Bandai of Japan.

Cool, thanks. I just wanna get the obvious out of the way: aftermarket prices for Charizard & Blastoise are HORRENDOUS!

Anyway, on to more positive thoughts, what Pokémon do you think will be most likely to get a Figuarts release next? I can see ZEROs being done of the Kanto & Hoenn Starters & the Weather Trio, but as for posable figures I'm unsure. My brain thinks either Mega Lucario or Sceptile.

Cool, thanks. I just wanna get the obvious out of the way: aftermarket prices for Charizard & Blastoise are HORRENDOUS!

Anyway, on to more positive thoughts, what Pokémon do you think will be most likely to get a Figuarts release next? I can see ZEROs being done of the Kanto & Hoenn Starters & the Weather Trio, but as for posable figures I'm unsure. My brain thinks either Mega Lucario or Sceptile.

Mega Lucario or non-Mega Blaziken seem pretty likely. I could see non-ZEROS of the Weather Trio too. Personally, my life will not be complete until I own a S.H. Figuarts Mega Rayquaza.

Also, on an unrelated note, I got D-Arts Venusaur the other day, and those Vine Whip effect parts are the most annoying things I have ever laid hands on. There is not enough clearance under his flower leaves for the base of the vines to fit comfortably.

Yeah, I've seen videos about that. A fully-articulated Venusaur just didn't seem right even on paper. Blastoise also suffered a little from its design but not nearly as much.

I really liked the Venasuar design besides the size. I want Dragonite, Kangaskahn, Arcanine... I guess I want all Kanto Pokemon.
also whats taking so long to announce another figure it didn't take them that long to announce new once the previous was released.

PS. Thanks for the thread being looking for something like this for ages :D

I wanted the Charizard one when it first came out, but within months it went from about $60 to like $150 and I've given up on trying to get one ;___;

I'm...kind of holding out and hoping they make a Mega Charizard X one.

I wanted the Charizard one when it first came out, but within months it went from about $60 to like $150 and I've given up on trying to get one ;___;

I'm...kind of holding out and hoping they make a Mega Charizard X one.

Yeah, with D-Arts Charizard and Blastoise being so high on the secondary market they really should do a re-release.

Yeah, I would like to get the Charizard too. Even that Mewtwo would be nice. Especially my Lucario... now THAT is the nicest posable figure I have laid eyes on. Course, it might be cause I am a fan.

Still waitin' for that next Figuart Bandai...

Still waitin'...

I have the Charizard D-Arts figure, and having this thing since it first came out, I have to say that the price really doesn't reflect its quality. On the surface it looks nice, but in reality, the quality is really crappy. =( The ball joints lock up really easily when they shouldn't so posing him is a real hassle and the base it comes with is fragile as hell. Believe me when I say I didn't do anything to it yet a big ol' nasty scratch plagues it. I had to replace the base with a custom one that is a lot sturdier. I also hate how they advertised Charizard in a flying pose on the box but the peg they give you to allow that will not hold him. You'd have to get another large-size peg sold separately, and they're not cheap.

Really disappointing. The quality could be MUCH better, especially at that price. =\

I don't know should this belong to here or not, but since it is figure made by Bandai, so I'll put it in here.

HG タケシ | プレミアムバンダイ | バンダイ公式通販サイト

I...... don't know what to say about this, because I feel super awkward by just looking at it. It doesn't have any of the "Sugimori style" impression in this figure, so it just feel extremely out of place.

BTW, many of the posts and replies in other figure arts websites and Japan BBS doesn't seem to pleased by this product of Bandai.

I don't know should this belong to here or not, but since it is figure made by Bandai, so I'll put it in here.

I...... don't know what to say about this, because I feel super awkward by just looking at it. It doesn't have any of the "Sugimori style" impression in this figure, so it just feel extremely out of place.

BTW, many of the posts and replies in other figure arts websites and Japan BBS doesn't seem to pleased by this product of Bandai.

I saw this the other day and just got confused. Who ever said they wanted a shirtless Brock figure?

I saw this the other day and just got confused. Who ever said they wanted a shirtless Brock figure?

Who knows, it must be the idea of any one of the director board staff in GF, because this is based on the GenI RGB games, but not anime nor manga nor any other Pokemon media. Currently the suspicion of Ken Sugimori is the largest, because in his Twitter he evasively urging fans to buy it. I really wonder how good the sale of this figure is......

BTW, the next one HG Misty is said to coming up in Autumn. It is also based on the in-game pose of GenI RGB game. At least, it should be better than Brock, because, well, it is Misty, and because she is female, and the original character of OS trio in anime.
タケシにつづいて「HG カスミ」フィギュア商品化決定!|fig速

Who knows, it must be the idea of any one of the director board staff in GF, because this is based on the GenI RGB games, but not anime nor manga nor any other Pokemon media. Currently the suspicion of Ken Sugimori is the largest, because in his Twitter he evasively urging fans to buy it. I really wonder how good the sale of this figure is......

BTW, the next one HG Misty is said to coming up in Autumn. It is also based on the in-game pose of GenI RGB game. At least, it should be better than Brock, because, well, it is Misty, and because she is female, and the original character of OS trio in anime.
タケシにつづいて「HG カスミ」フィギュア商品化決定!|fig速

If they end up making figures for all 8 Gym Leaders, together they would probably make a pretty good display, but that's gonna run into a lot of money. I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

Well, we finally got some news. From Tamashii Nations 2015, S.H. Figuarts Pikachu:

SHF Pikachu 1.jpg

SHF Pikachu 2.jpg

Looks pretty cool. Let's just hope it actually gets released. EDIT: I can't quite make it out, but I believe there is release information on the little card.

Last edited:
I meant to post this earlier, but I forgot. Bandai is re-releasing D-Arts Charizard under the S.H. Figuarts label. The figure itself is pretty much the same, but it comes with different effect parts from the original release, to make it look like he's using Flare Blitz or Seismic Toss. He's also a Premium Bandai exclusive which means he is unnecessarily more expensive & you'll have to pay middle-man fees and shipping on top of that (because you know, the figure going for several hundred dollars on eBay, might not sell well -_-). It releases in November.

SHF Charizard 2.jpg
SHF Charizard 1.jpg
SHF Charizard 4.jpg
SHF Charizard 3.jpg
SHF Charizard 5.jpg

So at Tamashii Nations they showed S.H. Figuarts Ash & S.H. Figuarts Team Rocket. No release info yet as far as I know.
SHF Ash.jpg
SHF Team Rocket.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom