• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon D/P Anime Officially Starts June 4/Movie is in Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Button Pusher
Reaction score
The trailer for the upcoming season of Pokémon, included in the Pokémon Ranger movie DVD, states that the show will premier June 4, a Monday. This is, of course, after the new season's special airing as a movie on April 20.

In other news, contrary to a prior Bulbanews report, the Pokémon Ranger movie was released in it's original aspect ratio, rather than in fullscreen as previously stated in said report.

Source: Pokémon Ranger DVD

Well that sucks. I was hoping for it to be Fullscreen.

That's strange. Why would they premiere it on a weekday? I wonder if they will also give new episodes daily as well.

Did the trailer on the DVD have any voices???

I'm confused about something......

First of all, the special on April 20th, is this going to be the first few episodes of D/P? Or is it just some kinda special "movie", like the commercial has been saying?

And for my second question, if the new season officially starts on June 4th, does that mean they're going to air the final five episodes of season 9 on that day? And right after doing this, they will begin airing season 10 and continue having new episodes of D/P?

That's odd. I thought for sure there would be some kind of break in between CN airing the last five episodes of season 9, and when they actually start airing season 10.

April 20th will be a sneak peak the same way those first two Advanced episodes were played as a sneak peak toward the end of Johto. We'll probably just get the three episodes without an opening theme.

I'll bet that they're start airing new episodes, one a day, starting June 4th. Why would they premiere five new episodes, in a row, all in one day?

Dogasu's idea seems likely. Although I would certainly hope that after that week we go back to one-premiere-a-week like things should be...

CN seems to be rushing many of their animes...Yugioh GX is starting Season 3 this Saturday, meaning they're only about 29-some episodes behind Japan (about how far Pokemon is behind in America).

April 20th will be a sneak peak the same way those first two Advanced episodes were played as a sneak peak toward the end of Johto. We'll probably just get the three episodes without an opening theme.
Yeah, I agree.

I could definitely see CN handling the sneak peak the same way that KidsWB did. ^^

I'll bet that they're start airing new episodes, one a day, starting June 4th.
Yes, that seems logical to me as well.

Why would they premiere five new episodes, in a row, all in one day?
You're right, Dogasu.

I can't see any reason why they'd air five new episodes all-in-one-day either. Now that I think about it, that wouldn't make any sense.

Last edited:
I've noticed the commerical on CN goes up to episode 6...

*random musing*

I'll bet that they're start airing new episodes, one a day, starting June 4th. Why would they premiere five new episodes, in a row, all in one day?

You say on April 20th, for the sneak peak we will probably just get the three first episodes without an opening theme.

Does this mean that on June 4th they are going to start at the 4th episode or will they start over again at the first this time with openings?

Oh... does this mean that the first three episodes are part of season 9? o_O *is confused*

I forgot to mention, I'm glad that Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea is going to be in Widescreen.

It's great that they actually did that for us!! ^_^

I mean, the 9th movie is the first one to be put it in Widescreen for the U.S. DVD release. That's quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, I always wondered why they never decided to put the other movies in Widescreen (I especially thought about this while watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, it seemed like a movie that was truly meant for Widescreen).

Oh yeah, and I wanted to ask something. Does anyone know what kind of extras or special features they will have on the Pokemon Ranger DVD?

I want to know if it has an audio commentary (*sighs* something makes me think we'll never see another one of those made), or if it has another Message From The Director segment (that's very likely, seeing as how the last 4 movies had a feature like that).

Oh... does this mean that the first three episodes are part of season 9? o_O *is confused*
Actually, I remember Dogasu said that the first five episodes are part of season 9.

But yeah, even so, I'm still confused as to how everything is going to be aired and what not......

To be honest, I'm never sure how anything is going to be aired until I watch the episodes myself and start to see how CN will be "scheduling" things. I mean when I watch the sneak peak, the end of season 9, and the start of season 10, things like this always leave me very confused, especially when I think about how (and when) they will air all these new episodes.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, I'm glad that Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea is going to be in Widescreen.

It's great that they actually did that for us!! ^_^

I mean, the 9th movie is the first one to be put it in Widescreen for the U.S. DVD release. That's quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, I always wondered why they never decided to put the other movies in Widescreen (I especially thought about this while watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, it seemed like a movie that was truly meant for Widescreen).

Oh yeah, and I wanted to ask something. Does anyone know what kind of extras or special features they will have on the Pokemon Ranger DVD?

I want to know if it has an audio commentary (*sighs* something makes me think we'll never see another one of those made), or if it has another Message From The Director segment (that's very likely, seeing as how the last 4 movies had a feature like that).

Actually, I remember Dogasu said that the first five episodes are part of season 9.

But yeah, even so, I'm still confused as to how everything is going to be aired and what not......

To be honest, I'm never sure how anything is going to be aired until I watch the episodes myself and start to see how CN will be "scheduling" things. I mean when I watch the sneak peak, the end of season 9, and the start of season 10, things like this always leave me very confused, especially when I think about how (and when) they will air all these new episodes.

The only special features is the art gallery and the the movie on site location. There is no commentary. And even though they handled the movie well, they handled the mini movie terribly. I would even say that it was dubbed worse than the raikou special. But, at least they included it.
Also, I think that they are just using the preview episodes that are going to air on April 20, as the last few episodes of season 9. And they will air them again as part of season 10 on June 4.

How was the mini-movie dubbed bad?

Wasn't it just a bunch of Pokemon talking? And how do you know it was badly dubbed, if you haven't seen the original?

How was the mini-movie dubbed bad?

Wasn't it just a bunch of Pokemon talking? And how do you know it was badly dubbed, if you haven't seen the original?
You couldn't hear the pokemon talk. The narrator was talking for them the whole time! And they also changed the music. They used old dub music instead of the original music.

Last edited:
The only special features is the art gallery and the the movie on site location.
An art gallery?

Oh. Well, that doesn't interest me much....

And about the "movie on site location" thing, is that similar to what they included on the Destiny Deoxys DVD? You know, how they had the Japanese director, Kunihiko Yuyama overlooking Vancouver in a helicopter, and saying different things about the movie?

Or is the "movie on site location" thing similar to the segment from Pokemon Heroes? You know, where they had a voiceover guy (who sounded like Tracey) saying that the director was in Venice, and they compared the movie's scenes to the actual real life places in Venice where the director was taking pictures.

You couldn't hear the pokemon talk. The narrator was talking for them the whole time!

If this is anything like the last ANA, that was the whole point. The japanese version did that also.

They used old dub music instead of the original music.
The other ANA short used music from the show, irc, so this one probably did as well. In fact, no offense, but it might of been original music that you think is dub.

If this is anything like the last ANA, that was the whole point. The japanese version did that also.

The other ANA short used music from the show, irc, so this one probably did as well. In fact, no offense, but it might of been original music that you think is dub.

That can't be original music as it used music from the mini movie of Pokemon 2000.

An art gallery?

Oh. Well, that doesn't interest me much....

And about the "movie on site location" thing, is that similar to what they included on the Destiny Deoxys DVD? You know, how they had the Japanese director, Kunihiko Yuyama overlooking Vancouver in a helicopter, and saying different things about the movie?

Or is the "movie on site location" thing similar to the segment from Pokemon Heroes? You know, where they had a voiceover guy (who sounded like Tracey) saying that the director was in Venice, and they compared the movie's scenes to the actual real life places in Venice where the director was taking pictures.

It is very similar to both and it is much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom