• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon D/P to have voicechat, Wii title revealed

*has nightmares of little kids arguing over ice cream with their mother during a pokemon battle*

This is looking real promising. It seems the biggest announcement confirms
Voicechat over the Wi-Fi connection. Add the fact they already have a
screenshot of the next pokemon title availble for the Wii, thats bonus points
right there.

Hmm, now watch as we go into a year long drought of info just because they
revealed so much at the conference.

I find this pretty interesting as it is a direct contradiction of what David Yarnton (Ninty UK Boss) said about voicechat being left for the older-audience games 'cause of security fears etc.

Although, considering this is a Pokemon game, it's not that surprising - Pokemon is generally Nintendo's flagship for emphasising full use of it's 'unique' functionalities (Link Cables, GB Printer, N64-GB link, Cube-GBA link).

Is that pic an actual pic of the Wii Pokemon game?

Ugh, is Nintendo STILL using those outdated models from Pokemon Stadium 1? It's bad enough that they were reused with Colosseum and XD, but again?

I know Pokemon has never been about graphics, but this is getting pathetic. The 3D games need a major overhaul if anyone is ever going to stop complaining about them.

It won't necessarily be a reflection of the final version at this point, especially with the knowledge that no concrete plans were made for the Wii game until after E3. That screenshot does look shinier, though based on the Gamecube games. (Though I am a little unsure on Pikachu's size compared to Groudon in that picture.)

All of this is really cool info, although I know the Wii news was either announced already or heavily rumored.

That said, judging by that burry sceen, Pokemon Battle Revolution looked as good as the quality Full motion video in the GCN games. That's pretty spectacular if you ask me.

I'm hoping they were able to program a sort of dynamic movement system, and contact, as well as online something.

Also, does anyone else think now that hidden monsters can be handed out through the WiiConnect24, Online?

I'm still hoping Some sort of strategic change in the battle system uses the touch screen. In the sense were people could battle normally but they are more advantaged to use the touch screen.

I'm just so hyped for this game, I can't wait 'till it comes out!!

----------------

Edit

Yeah, the scaling is definately off because Wailord should dwarf them all, but those models are definately imporved over the N64 ones. The monster designs themselves are relitively simple, but I can already see the enhancements like the fur on Pikachu, and the smooth shiny texture on Deoxys

Also, I'm not worried about the voice chat thing because it will most likely be friends only

Last edited:
That Pikachu model is way closer to the SSBB model than the Colosseum/XD/Stadiums one.

Plus they do look better.

I expect most will still be based on the original models but that's no real surprise - no-one's going to sit down and animate 400+ characters from scratch and get the game out there anytime before 2009.

Yay!

Voicechat with Pokemon Pearl and Diamond is gonna be so awesome!

*imagines herself battling people through Wi-Fi*

Me: "Hehe, the battle's over, looks like I've beaten you!!!!!!" ^_^

My opponent: "Noooooo! Aww man, can I have a rematch, please?"

LOL. XD

It's gonna be so much fun for me when I beat people, because that way I can actually say stuff to them over Wi-Fi, and I'll be able to hear what they say too. XD

Oh, and of course, I really love the screenshot for Pokemon Battle Revolution! It looks so awesome, and I can't wait for that game to come out! :)

And by the way everyone, since they announced Wi-Fi Worldwide Voicechat for P/D, does that mean that I could actually talk to people from like Japan, and they could talk to me too (regardless of knowing/not knowing the language)?

If so, this is going to be even more awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on D/P! :-D

I should point out that judging by the Metroid Hunters use of voice-chat, that it's unlikely it'll be used in the actual battles - just before and after them.

Of course, Hunters has a LOT to do to give you an online gaming experience - more than the DS was originally thought to be able to handle. D/P wont be as intensive, so it's possible that they can get away with it.

Physical contact!

Plus it looks fanfarkingtastic. Can't wait now, whether it has a story mode or not.

Quality could be better, but that's only because the footage of the conference
was 120x180px or something to that aspect.

But the presentation certainly looks much, much better.
I just hope it's not another 'stadium' game but if so, it still looks to be a great game.

Holy cow. o.o It even hits the environment. I never bother with the console pokemon games anyway.

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was amazing.... I'm ... I'm speachless!!

Pikachu I have to say looks even better then it's Brawl Counterpart.

I hope the inclusion of the Fr/LG character doesn't mean this game will only support R/S and under...

Habunake said:
Pikachu I have to say looks even better then it's Brawl Counterpart.

I hope the inclusion of the Fr/LG character doesn't mean this game will only support R/S and under...
What do you mean? I don't think you actually expect the Gameboy and Gameboy color games to be compatible do you? They can't because they don't work on the DS. I'm sure Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Daimond, and Pearl (maybe even beyond) are the games that it is compatible with. I remember hearing in the speech somewhere that Ruby and Sapphire are compatible.

I still really hope, with online especially, that people can change their costume in D/P, though. It may even be nice to add it as an extra in for use with the DS games and this game too. (plus its not a difficult addition, maybe gamefreak needs more artist)

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom