• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon D/P to have voicechat, Wii title revealed

Satoru Iwata repeatedly says Diamond and Pearl in that conference. If the pure logic of the fact that this is a game to link up to Diamond and Pearl doesn't indicate it, that should have given it away.

Also, it's not impossible for FireRed, Leaf Green and Emerald to use the DS' wireless communications - as proven at the Pokemon Park last year. So, it could be possible for those three to be able to link up, possibly hence the male and female characters from Fr/Lg.

Though more than likely, the game will only link to Diamond and Pearl and the Male and Female trainers were merely placeholders to use in this conference demo - considering that not a single 4th Gen element was displayed.

bell02 alpha said:
What do you mean? I don't think you actually expect the Gameboy and Gameboy color games to be compatible do you? They can't because they don't work on the DS. I'm sure Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Daimond, and Pearl (maybe even beyond) are the games that it is compatible with. I remember hearing in the speech somewhere that Ruby and Sapphire are compatible.

I still really hope, with online especially, that people can change their costume in D/P, though. It may even be nice to add it as an extra in for use with the DS games and this game too. (plus its not a difficult addition, maybe gamefreak needs more artist)

I meant that I was fearing they would release this before Diamond and Pearl and we would only be able to use R/S Pokemon and lower, meaning no 4th gen.

But, now thanks to Doctor Oak I can relax.

Doctor Oak said:
Also, it's not impossible for FireRed, Leaf Green and Emerald to use the DS' wireless communications - as proven at the Pokemon Park last year. So, it could be possible for those three to be able to link up, possibly hence the male and female characters from Fr/Lg.

I think Iwata-san mentioned something about PokéPark in the video itself, s you might be right.

That aside, the graphics are sexy. :D

Wait, is this confirmed to be IN GAME footage?

I thought it was just a FMV!

Judging from those articles, the voice chat in D/P will be during gameplay.

The game footage for Battle Revolution look simply spectacular! I have waited since the first Stadium game for physical contact during attacks. And the environmental damage is icing on the cake, color me very impressed.

:jaw drops with excitement, eye twitches: Oh. My. God. I'm so proud. I think I'm going to cry!

And hopefully Nintendo will bring back the Pokemon original animal voices like they did in Stadium 1 and 2.

That is, unless they get lazy again and use the GBA voices.

Last edited:
BackwardsMan said:
:jaw drops with excitement, eye twitches: Oh. My. God. I'm so proud. I think I'm going to cry!

And hopefully Nintendo will bring back the Pokemon original animal voices like they did in Stadium 1 and 2.

That is, unless they get lazy again and use the GBA voices.

Hmm, well I'm not too sure, but if you listen close enough to the video where
Pikachu begins to attack Deoxys, you can sort of hear Pikachu utter a 'chu.'

I certainly hope they use the animal voices as well, GBA electronica noises don't
coincide well for something of this calibur.

The Stadium games didn't use the anime voices Backwardman, only the minigames did.

Using the anime voices is a pointless 'luxury' and one that'll only end up causing problems. Need I remind you that it's hard enough getting games to Europe within six months of their American release - we don't need NOE having to redub the game in every language in Europe just because all the names and voices are different.

I also do not believe that NOE actually has the resources to do so, and if they could get them, I doubt they'd find them worth the bother. We'd end up with Battle Revolution being an Animal Crossing and simply being forgotten about because it was "too much bother".

Plus, the anime will barely of showcased any D/P Pokemon by then to pull the voices from.

Habunake said:
Plus, the anime will barely of showcased any D/P Pokemon by then to pull the voices from.
;-) With the WiiConnect24 Nintendo could always let you download voices of the characters. Personally though, I also agree with it not being practical too, plus I'd like the option for Japanese voices too, but either way it would be a cool bonus.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom