• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Dash Sequel

Ghost

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
Pokémon Dash is thought to be one of the least popular spin off Pokémon games of all time. Do you think that a sequel should be made? If so, what should be different about it from the first version?

From the first version, one of the things I disliked most was the fact that in single-player mode, only Pikachu could be used. Another was that the game was fairly easy, and quickly beat-able.

A Dash sequel, like Battle Revolution and Ranch, would need a total overhaul. There are endless improvements that could be made. The original was fun... for ten minutes.

Personally, I think a Dash remake should be made, at least attempted, after all, it was their first and only attempt at a Pokémon game like that.
From the first version, one of the things I disliked most was the fact that in single-player mode, only Pikachu could be used.
I agree, it is rather annoying that you can only play as Pikachu in Single Player mode, not giving much option to players who do not have friends with the game.

I would like to see more of a story line in Dash 2, if it is made, as Dash (1) was just you running around, and the character selection was extremely limited without GBA compatibility.

Also, another thing I would like to see is (if possible) downloadable courses through a shop found on the Menu Screen, courses that would over time unlock rare Pokémon, such as Starter Pokémon.

Yes, one should be made. Dash was a terrible game IMO, and hopefully a sequel would avenge the original.

Personally, I think a Dash remake should be made, at least attempted, after all, it was their first and only attempt at a Pokémon game like that.

I agree, it is rather annoying that you can only play as Pikachu in Single Player mode, not giving much option to players who do not have friends with the game.

I would like to see more of a story line in Dash 2, if it is made, as Dash (1) was just you running around, and the character selection was extremely limited without GBA compatibility.

Also, another thing I would like to see is (if possible) downloadable courses through a shop found on the Menu Screen, courses that would over time unlock rare Pokémon, such as Starter Pokémon.

I think that the concept of Pokémon Dash was good. However, a few of these added would make it even better.

Pokemon dash? I think I played that a long long time ago, ya it would need a lot of improvement, it should be 3D of course, more character selection, perhaps a little story, nothing to complicated, just that trainers entered there pokemon in a race or that the pokemon decided to have the race themselves.

Though the idea of Dash was nice, they should at least improve the controls. rubbing the stylus to move was terrible (allow d-pad). Also improve the tracks some more. Make them actual in-game locations.

I'm not saying it has to become a mario kart clone, but it does need at least these improvements.

Actully come to think of it, I've never played Pokemon dash, I think I was thinking of a much older game, however dash played though it could probably be improved.

Pokemon Dash was a fun project to feature the DS's touchpad. The concept was good, but after a while, the game got boring.

If more was added to PD2 (which they'd probably do to feature the 3DS), I'd buy it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom