• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Developer Round-table News: New Communication Features, New Pokémon and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Developer Round-table News: New Communication Features, New Pokémon and more!

Today, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company held an exclusive, behind-closed-doors developer round-table about the upcoming Nintendo 3DS pair Pokémon X and Y, which were confirmed earlier today to be due out worldwide on October 12. Although the conference was not streamed, Pokémon.com's official Twitter page, as well as those of various journalists, were live tweeting the event, which revealed a number of details about the new games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Developer Round-table News: New Communication Features, New Pokémon and m

The introduction of the new Fairy-type was done primarily to balance out the Dragon-type.

Similar to dark and metal in relation to psychic in gen II.

I kinda hoped they had announced Mewtwo returning to Smash Bros. to promote the new forme. Could still happen.

Re: Pokémon Developer Round-table News: New Communication Features, New Pokémon and m

Talonflame (Talon + flame; maybe inflame as well? [Talonflame] sounds like inflame)

Skrelp (not too sure about this one)

Clauncher (claw + launcher)

I don't mind the names that much. Talonflame's art made it look better, but I'm still not that crazy about it.

5 on 1?! Holy heck that's insane.

Imagine nuzlocking when you run into 5 pokemon at once!

Talonflame definitely must be the evolution of Fletchling. It looks kind of like a bigger version of it and Fletching can learn Flame Charge. I'm liking this bird a lot too! Partly cause Fire type and partly cause cool design. :D

Well, I was right on two of the three Mons. Talonflame turned out to be a Fire/Flying, like I figured. Now that I know this, it sounds a lot cooler, and seems more favorable, especially with such an arsenal of power moves at its disposal.

And Clauncher is so funny-looking I just have to have one! I guess that one is based off the pistol shrimp, a type of shrimp that uses its larger claw to fire a sonic boom-like burst to kill and catch prey. Little trivia, the pistol shrimp's "sonic boom" is the loudest burst of noise on the entire planet, or if memory serves correctly.

And looks like I was wrong about Skrelp. I thought it might become a Water/Dragon combo, but it turned into a Poison/Water combo. Interesting regardless. Maybe it'll turn into a weedy sea dragon (kinda like what Kingdra is, if I have the right creature in mind), since it already looks like one. Interesting.

Well, my hype for these games has just increased. I cannot wait! October can't come fast enough!!!

I know this isn't going to matter to most people, but what stands out to me the most is the ability to play the game in any language. I live in the US, so previously, if I wanted to play a Pokémon game in Spanish, I had to import from Europe. Not anymore! I usually play the games in English anyway, since it's my native language (like a lot of people here), but I do like playing them in Spanish as well since that's my second language. The only thing is... is this option only available when you start a file, or do you get to change it at will? I imagine this will be odd with Pokémon nicknames, the Masuda method, the 1.7x experience boost that originated in Generation IV, the foreign Pokédex entries, etc...

I imagine this will be odd with Pokémon nicknames, the Masuda method, the 1.7x experience boost that originated in Generation IV, the foreign Pokédex entries, etc...

The Masuda method and the 1.7x experience boost have always been based on country of origin, not language of origin. Foreign Pokedex entries will probably just be there by default rather than unlockable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom