• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Direct (4th September)

Re: New Pokemon Direct coming

Excited! Maybe the eShop demo released worldwide, seeming the demo has been out there for a lot of places. Maybe Oorotto's official reveal?!

I'm going to bet the only thing they're going to discuss is the Mega Evolutions and the Fairy type, while everything else is going to be discussed to a bare minimum and it's all information we know already. Yeah, I'm calling it.

If they do have new information, I'm personally hoping for the starter evolutions, namely the first stages, and a few new Pokemon (not strictly Mega Evolutions), as well as some final notes of certain things we need to know before we buy the games, maybe look back on Gen 5 and how it turned out.

As I said in the rumors thread, I'd rather not have high hopes in regards of Nintendo Directs. Still, an eShop demo release or a "story trailer" showing currently unknown characters and species would be really awesome. I don't think they will reveal such things as starters evolutions, but it isn't a secret that I am dying to know how the evolutions look like, so yeah, that would be awesome as well.

Hopefully they'll reveal the Gen V-Gen VI transfer system along with the starter evolutions.

Re: New Pokemon Direct coming tomorrow

I feel like for them to have another one of those, it ought to be something significant. I hope to maybe see starter evos, if not I hope it is something else like confirmation of transfering between Gen 5- Gen 6 or maybe more MegaEvolutions.

How exciting! I really like Nintendo's tendency to surprise us with these Directs the day before they air. My minimum hope for the Direct tomorrow is that Iwata announces an eShop version of the X and Y demo, which will be downloadable straight after the Direct has ended. Being able to play the demo hands-on should more than satisfy my hunger to play the games prior to the 12th October, however unlikely it is to happen.

I expect Mega Evolutions to be explained further and one or two new Pokemon to be unveiled, but above all else I can see us being treated to a trailer that showcases more new features (as if we need any more!!! xD).

I feel like for them to have another one of those, it ought to be something significant. I hope to maybe see starter evos, if not I hope it is something else like confirmation of transfering between Gen 5- Gen 6 or maybe more MegaEvolutions.

I think for it to be Nintendo Direct worthy, it has to be bigger than a new Pokemon either, that's not inherently big news. I'm thinking more along the lines of a new game mechanic, cross gen transfers, or DLC to be the main focus of this Direct.

If they're going to spend 10 minutes talking about Pokemon and only Pokemon, there will definitely be a lot of news, and quite probably some pretty big (and otherwise unrevealed) news.

It also means we won't have to wait for whatever's in CoroCoro, which will probably duplicate/rehash stuff from the Direct.

If they're going to spend 10 minutes talking about Pokemon and only Pokemon, there will definitely be a lot of news, and quite probably some pretty big (and otherwise unrevealed) news.

It also means we won't have to wait for whatever's in CoroCoro, which will probably duplicate/rehash stuff from the Direct.

Yeah, they did it before with the last direct so it wouldn't be surprising if all of the big reveals are present in the Direct. Meaning that we can possibly expect some of the things Corocoro promised to be among the information revealed like the Fairy type chart.

CoroCoro didn't rehash the E3 content. Considering that this will be the last pre-release issue and that it will be officially released 10 days after the Direct, the coverage should definitely focus on exclusive information.

I imagine they might go into details about customizing your trainer as that's one of the features we've seen so little of. As for the demo, I don't usually like being the pessimist, but honestly don't get your hopes up. They're doing mall tours all over the US for the next two months along with demos of other games, they want to use Pokemon as incentive to try the others. Besides its nit like its the worlds greatest demo, who hear hasn't watched it over 100 times now?

My other expectations are probably the starter evolutions. Like Silktree I agree CoroCoro will have more new info.

It's coming out tomorrow, so I'm just going to wait and see what they have to offer.

I don't expect any mass demo release. If GameFreak really wanted to release a worldwide eShop demo they would have done that initially, and if not, they still wouldn't need a worldwide Pokemon Direct for such; a simple announcement would have sufficed.

Instead I would expect something new entirely. Perhaps a new feature or tradition? It's a worthwhile announcement, one that may warrant a full explanation. New Pokemon, the Fairy type chart, or more Megalutions - the reveals that are said to be contained within this month's issue of CoroCoro - don't need a Pokemon Direct nearly two weeks beforehand to preface their announcement. I think it's fair to expect something that we have not heard of, or something that we expect, but that has not been formally revealed (i.e. Gen-to-Gen transfer mechanics, additional Megalution details, etc.).

I want the new starters' evos and more info on Pokken Fighters.

For this to carry the name Pokemon Direct, I think it's fair to expect something actually new. It's not a Nintendo Direct where they'll just talk about Luigi for 25 minutes. I don't think the type chart is really something they'd reveal in a video though. That's something that's much easier to take in just looking at it on a page. Maybe it'll discuss a weakness or another strength, but they won't just flash the entire chart in a video.

Some new mechanic'll probably the the main focus, and cross gen transfer seems like a likely candidate if they did indeed finally get that figured out. They usually show that in the month or two prior to a new gen's release, and highlighting how simple it is with a video would probably be better than still images which don't convey much in that regard. I don't really care if we get cross gen transferring right off the bat or even ever, so I don't have any hopes to get up in that regard, but something like that seems worthy of being a major part of a direct. I could also see them showing video of ST, because I don't think we've seen much if any video of that yet. And then sprinkle in 2 or 3 new pokemon just to make it flashy.

Nothing to step on the toes too much of CoroCoro. With that being the last pre release issue, I think it's fair to expect quite a bit there.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see another at some point closer to the release date.
Someone hit the nail on the head.

I would really love it if they could show the starters' evolutions, or at least their middle stages. The type chart is possible, but since CoroCoro will cover that, they might want to focus on something different. A brand new trailer and some new details on Mega Pokemon would be cool too.

I really hope they don't simply reveal eShop apps for transferring your Pokemon or an updated version of Pokedex 3D Pro. Considering this Pokemon Direct is clearly about X and Y, it better have some actual game information. I personally believe that, if they're going out of their way to do this, it must be yet another big reveal. The previous two Directs focused on the reveal of the games themselves (with the big surprise of it being a worldwide release) and the Fairy-type, so this reveal should be on the same groundbreaking level. Wouldn't it suck if the whole point of this Direct, more or less, is to tell us to look forward to the release?

I could kind of see them revealing the Middle Starter Forms, but perhaps not giving any information beyond teasing them at the end showing them in battle. I'd expect a few Pokemon we'll see that are new won't be talked about, instead will pop up in the background like they did for a few BW Pokemon in commercials.

I also think this will be the final XY-specific Direct, though, at least before release (I could see them doing one post-release like they did with Pikmin to announce an Event or some new WiFi feature they could add at a later date), because the other games that got Directs they did one at about this time before they released if I recall correctly.

Back
Top Bottom