• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Direct (4th September)

Re: New Pokemon Direct coming tomorrow

...more info on Pokken Fighters.
Y'know, that is entirely a possibility, since this is a Pokemon Direct, not a Pokemon XY Direct. The last one we had spent the most of its time talking about the history of trading Pokemon throughout the series, only finally revealing X and Y in the last 2-3 minutes.

The Pokémon X & Y logos are in the announcement page, so I don't really think the direct will be related to that Pokken whatever.

They better show something interesting, like the starters' evolutions, mega evolutions, regular evolutions for older Pokemon or the updated type chart.

Can they please finally talk about Orotto? It's English name, type, art, something?

Also, I'm expecting new footage, probably more megas. I don't think they'd show the starter evolutions.

Maybe we'll see a triple or rotation battle in action, seeing as we haven't seen those yet for this game. Features I don't particularly care about, but something I could see them throw into this because we haven't seen it yet.

I am pleasantly surprised that a Nintendo Direct for Pokemon X and Y would stream less than a day from now. I am excited to find out what new information will be revealed.

I'm hoping for a few new Pokémon, and Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's evolutions. (and maybe a glimpse at some of the other gyms).
That's pretty much it.

Yes, please give us some evolutions!

I'm skeptical we'll see an eShop demo. At least, not the one that's been doing the rounds, which is basically ten minutes long and has a number of features locked out. That thing seemed custom built for trade shows, tours etc, where you don't want people spending too much time with the game.

We should expect a summary of the big new features revealed so far: Amie, the Fairy type, Megas, horde/sky battles, trainer customization, the PSS and maybe Super Training. Sure, it's old news to us, but they'll also be thinking of people who haven't followed the news quite so obsessively.

There will also be new stuff for us, obviously. At this point I'm wondering if there could be any major features left to reveal, but there's always new Pokemon and characters. We haven't heard much about the story yet, which either means they're doing their best to keep it under wraps... or that these games will be sort of light on story, Gen I and II style.

Transferring Pokemon falls into that odd category of "things fans really want but aren't a good fit for flashy advertisements." Maybe it'll get mentioned - if we have a standalone app this is more likely - but it's unlikely to be a big part of this promo.

I actually think there's a good chance we'll get something on Pokken. Yes, the focus is on X and Y, but isn't it logical to show that captive audience this other thing they're bound to be interested in?

Have to agree on the Pokken thing. They going to tag something about that onto the broadcast.

Gimme a playable demo lvl where you can transfer something across to the full game when you finish.

Just so that everyone here knows they might show the updated type matchup chart tomorrow. The final "???" tab on the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y site is for strategy just look...

????

They may also share some more info on Mega Evolutions as well as info on Oorotto's type and English name (assuming it doesn't keep the Japanese name).

Please don't delay it! That is my only concern...
But I would like to see some new Pokemon and a new trailer or two.

I would like to see some old pokes retyped to fairy in this pokemon direct.

I kind of dont want them to spoil mor eof the new pokemon. id rather see them expand upon who they see as 'potentials' for megas, the pokemon-amie, and the gen5-6 transfer feature.

All I really want to hear is that we can transfer from Gen V to Gen VI. Anything else beyond that is gravy. But please tell me we can transfer, that's all I ask.

Have to agree on the Pokken thing. They going to tag something about that onto the broadcast.

Gimme a playable demo lvl where you can transfer something across to the full game when you finish.

Yes. Just yes.

I think this direct may be intended to serve as a final, condensed recap of everything that's been revealed so far, so casual fans will be able to catch up without searching through months of backlogs on a fan site. Some of the info we know has come from somewhat obscure sources, at least originally (like the infamous Oorotto seen for 2 seconds of a trailer), so you have to remember that Game Freak/Nintendo probably didn't anticipate their fans picking up on some of the things they did, which is why what's old news to us could be beneficial to someone else. However, I do think they'll announce at least something of substance, no matter how small. I'd love to see the method of transfer, but that doesn't seem a likely candidate for a promotional video. It's possible they may talk about Pokken, though-if I recall correctly, it hasn't been officially announced/promoted yet.

The thing is Nintendo directs aren't really geared toward the casual fans. They're intended for the hard core fan base that's foaming at the mouth for more info. Casual gamers don't go onto IGN or Kotaku, they find out about new games from either their friends or tv. Trailers are for casual fans. So I really don't see them just using this as a way to summarize for casuals as I can't see a casual fan ever sitting through a 30 minute web advertisement.

no matter what it is, I'm just excited for this direct. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom