• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Direct (June 6th)

Reaction score
So it's just been announced that a Pokémon Direct is going to be shown tomorrow. It can be watched on Nintendo's Youtube and Twitch channels, at the following times:

7am PT (US Pacific)
10am EDT (US East)
3pm BST (UK)
4pm CEST (Europe)
11pm JST (Japan)
12 midnight AEST (Australia)

Decided to make a thread for it, in which we can all speculate about what's going to be shown and talk about it during and after the Direct :)

So, what do y'all think is going to be announced?

Note: Please don't make posts just to count down to the Direct (e.a. "Only 2 more hours/minutes/seconds to go!"). It's fine to say something about it, but also say something that actually adds something to the discussion ;)

Pokken Tournament for Switch.

Why would you think Nintendo would hold a special Pokémon Direct just to announce a new port of an older game? At the very least, do you think they'll announce anything else with it?

A new game is most likely going to be announced. While it could be a big spin off title, I'm inclined to believe it will be a core series title.

It's suspicious they are having one so close to E3. I don't see the point if it's just for a Switch game, since Switch games are their big E3 event which Nintendo fans will be watching anyway.

Hopefully some mention of Gen 2 on the VC console is made though. I don't really care about the future games all that much at the moment, but I would be down for a bit of nostalgia.

The direct is only 8 minutes enough time for them to announce Pokken Tournament for a Switch and hype up all its new features that differences it from the Wii U version.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Remake (3DS), Pokemon Stars (Switch), or Pokemon Kanto/Johto Sequel (Switch)

The direct is only 8 minutes enough time for them to announce Pokken Tournament for a Switch and hype up all its new features that differences it from the Wii U version.

Eight minutes is also enough time to announce a new game and show off some features.

Announcing a port of Pokken Tournament for Switch would be more likely shown at E3. It does not need it's very own direct.

I feel like they'll do a bit of history or a briefing on their other announced games before getting to the main announcement. As for what it is, I prefer not to guess, to be honest! I'd be at arms against everyone trying to defend my own opinions!

I can see them announcing a Pokken port, but very much doubt it'll be the only thing they're gonna talk about the whole 8 minutes long. If that was the only thing they've got to announce, they could've just done that at E3. My biggest bet is still on Stars, it just seems the most logical imo. Though I would cry tears of joy if they actually announce DPPt remakes.

Also, I'm so happy they're doing this Direct on the one day I'm off from work this week :D

I have no clue what they'll announce... I would love them to announce DLC for Sun and Moon, if just to show they're committed to actually adding a better postgame, but it probably isn't that.

Otherwise, if it is a new main series game... I seriously hope it actually has a real postgame to it, or I'm going to be more hesitant to buy it.

I kind of expect Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal Virtual Console releases, to wrap up the Gen 1 and Gen 2 releases due too them being unable to communicate with future Generations. It would finally make the Generation 7 the congregation point for every Generation thus far.

Of course, it would be interesting to see if they will handle the PokeBank update the same way as Gen 1: every Pokemon transferred over will have their Hidden Ability, which means we finally have the Legendary Beasts with Inner Focus.

Thanks for reading.

Sun and Moon reveal had an approx 6min direct.

My most irrational desires include Diamond and Pearl remakes cross platform, but I think they'll just introduce a new Alola game, 3DS or Switch or both.

Definitely going to be Stars as it was said by Eurogamer. Hyped! That said, I have seen a lot of people suggest that the final name could be Eclipse every time. But...what if, the name (if Stars is indeed just a code name...), was Pokémon Meteor? Reason I say this, is because it can fit the "Stars" theme, as in "Falling/Shooting Stars" which are known as different names for meteorites. That and it fits Necrozma's crystaline appearance and its ability to attack with light.

Sun, Moon and Meteor.

Of course, it can still be Stars/Eclipse as it has been thrown around for a while.

My dream would be Kanto sequels, of course. But really, I'm hungry enough to where as long as it's available for the 3DS I'll be content. (Hell, even a new Alola game would at least have the potential for more Alola Forms, the amount of which that are currently in existence is one area in which I was definitely let down by SM.)

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm talking main series here. I'm not a big spin-off player, so it'd be rough for me if that's all they have to offer.

Gen 2 VCs would make my day regardless of whatever else is announced.

Definitely going to be Stars as it was said by Eurogamer. Hyped! That said, I have seen a lot of people suggest that the final name could be Eclipse every time. But...what if, the name (if Stars is indeed just a code name...), was Pokémon Meteor? Reason I say this, is because it can fit the "Stars" theme, as in "Falling/Shooting Stars" which are known as different names for meteorites. That and it fits Necrozma's crystaline appearance and its ability to attack with light.

Sun, Moon and Meteor.

Of course, it can still be Stars/Eclipse as it has been thrown around for a while.

Upvoted for finally a more creative third version name suggestion

Back
Top Bottom