• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Direct (June 6th)

Eight minutes long... Hm.

A Diamond/Pearl remake would be more interesting than a third version of Sun/Moon. But I'm not even going to pretend to say that I know what this will be. It could just be spin-offs.

I'm really hoping for a new version of Sun/Moon more than anything else.

Diamond/Pearl remake does not agree with me.

Considering it's a Direct, and ORAS didn't get its own, that should mean it's bigger than a remake or third version.

I hate to say it but this does sound like Stars. The last 3 times they've had a Pokémon Direct it was major, franchise changing news. 2 of them were announcements for new generations and 1 of them was to announce Bank. I can't think of anything they could announce on that scale besides a main series Switch game.

Whatever the case though, they will almost certainly announce a new main game. Pokken Tournament Switch isn't nearly a big enough reveal to warrant its own Direct, that's something they could save for E3.

A very sleepy me was made wide awake when she saw news of a Pokemon direct.

The questioning side of me thinks it might be a direct about a few of their current, or upcoming spinoff games. Like mentioned it could be Pokken for the Switch, or Gold/Silver/Crystal being brought to the virtual console. I would not be made about announcement of GSC on the VC though, I'd love to play through Crystal again

My more hopeful side though is really hoping for a new main series game, announced for some time at the end of the year. I don't care if it's on the switch or on the 3DS, I just want to see a new game. I adored Sun and Moon when they came out, so I would love to see it's third version soon, on the switch or not on the switch.

I think my money is still going to go on a Sinnoh remake though, with all the hints in Sun and Moon, plus the hints in the upcoming movie that could be in there to promote the new Sinnoh games. I would be really happy for this, as I haven't played those games yet, and it would be awesome if I could first experience them in amazing 3D graphics

(EDIT: I really condensed this post down).

Last edited:
As Long as It's NOT about the Poke-Land Mobile game; I'LL BE SATISFIED;

I Hope it's one of these:
A. Pokemon Stars/Eclipse, aka 3RD Game for Sun/Moon, the 1st one of THOSE since Platnium was done 3 Generations ago, in Gen IV
B. Pokken Tournament DX for Nintendo Switch
C. Pokemon Temporal Diamond & Celestial Pearl
D. Pokemon Gen II Virtual Console Ports of Gold, Silver & Crystal

Anything, Just As Long as It isn't the Mobile game based off of Pokemon Rumble!!

OMG I'm so excited. I wonder what it is about.
I don't think it will be about DP remakes. It's too early and I don't think a direct would be needed for a remake, ORAS didn't get a direct. A completely new gen? Making this the shortest yet (~2 years) a switch version of Sun Moon? Can't wait

OMG I'm so excited. I wonder what it is about.
I don't think it will be about DP remakes. It's too early and I don't think a direct would be needed for a remake, ORAS didn't get a direct. A completely new gen? Making this the shortest yet (~2 years) a switch version of Sun Moon? Can't wait
I Just hope it's NOT All Dedicated to Poke-Land, the Pokemon Rumble Styled Game for Mobile Devices; that would be a HUGE Letdown!! WHY SHOULD A MOBILE GAME GET 8 MINUTES WORTH OF DIRECT!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH so much hype. After seeing the "leaked" Gladion reference art, I am hyped for this.

E3? idk her

The Gladion, we have to take this as a grain of salt because it is from 4chan, 4chan did leak some of leaks for Sun/Moon, though they got some of the leaks wrong, so I wouldn't my hypes on that, until it's 100% true. But right now, it's just a rumor.

According to leak information posted on PokeJungle (i'm taking this with a huge grain of salt), Gyms will return and trials will no longer be in the game.

Yay for gyms, but I actually like Trials, just don't think they should be the sole main focus of the game in terms of replacing gyms.

According to leak information posted on PokeJungle (i'm taking this with a huge grain of salt), Gyms will return and trials will no longer be in the game.

Yay for gyms, but I actually like Trials, just don't think they should be the sole main focus of the game in terms of replacing gyms.
YAY!!! GYMS ARE BACK, I ALWAYS PREFERRED GYMS TO TRIALS!!

Damn i Hyped myself up too much my heartbeat is high and my stomach is twisted. I most calm myself down.
I hope it is a good mainseries game.

As I read somewhere (could have been in this very thread) - watch for trademark filings as the day progresses. That can be a big clue in itself.

• Characters are called Kaosu and Hoshi
Hoshi () is a Japanese word which means star. It is also a surname. Hoshi (干し or 乾し) is an unrelated word meaning "dried." Hoshi (保志) is a Japanese surname with a similar pronunciation.

Kaosu doesn't have as direct of a translation, however I'm going to go with "Comet"

Hoshi I think is more of a reference to Sun than Star specifically, and Kaosu is more of a reference to Moon than comet, as Kaosu I think means "lifeless mass"

Back
Top Bottom