• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon DP Manga

Koroku

Ninja Master!
Reaction score
I recently came across this manga, and I was wondering if someone could give me a heads-up of what it's all about?

Is it a volume of the CoroCoro comic? That's what it looks like to me :/

It says "CORO CORO DRAGON COMICS" in the top. Didn't you see that? o.o

It's a cool comic. I haven't read it but everyething that I have seen about this manga looks really good.

Sketch had scans of it. He was going to scanslate them but he either forgot or gave up it.

Translator is busy. I refuse to give up! \o\~

Is that like...the first collective volume of the manga? If so, I'd love to get it~

Last edited:
Translator is busy. I refuse to give up! \o\~

Is that like...the first collective volume of the manga? If so, I'd love to get it~
Yeah, it is, as far as I can tell.

*has ordered it*

They'll ship it mid April though >_> Wtf.

Or I could be mean and not :p

Just kidding, here it is.

They shipped it today :D So I should be getting it soon hopefully.

Will post scans up here when I get 'em done +_+

(I will note that they can't be used for scanlation purposes, as I have my own team that'll be using 'em~)

Hmmm....

We have someone in the process of translating Chapter 1, last I checked he was half way done...we don't have Chapter 2...but Chapter 3 was the chapter we started with, my source thought it was the first chapter.

We have Chapters 1, 3, 5, and 6. But 6 hasn't been scanned yet and 1 and 3 need split up into seperate pages.

Last edited:
I know someone that'll translate it all for moi~

If you post up the pictures for 1/3, I can split them by chapter for you when I get my book.

The manga's done by Ihara Shigekatsu, who also did the Emerald manga back in 2004.
Breaking News!

It's being released by Chuangyi in April: http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/ http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/newsletter/april/aprl_newsletter.pdf

BattleFrontier.jpg

It's on their front page but I can't find it in their catalog. They're calling it

"Emerald Challenge Pokémon Battle Frontier".

Maybe this is a sign that Pocket Monsters DP will soon follow? That would be lovely~

Looks like I have another book to add to my list of Chuangyi purchases...

Last edited:
I know someone that'll translate it all for moi~

For toi? No wai!

Sketch said:
Breaking News!

It's being released by Chuangyi in April: http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/ http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/newsletter/april/aprl_newsletter.pdf

It's on their front page but I can't find it in their catalog. They're calling it

"Emerald Challenge Pokémon Battle Frontier".

Maybe this is a sign that Pocket Monsters DP will soon follow? That would be lovely~

Looks like I have another book to add to my list of Chuangyi purchases...

o_O. It's almost the same as my recent dream. In my dream VIZ released Emerald Challenge and a bunch of other Pokemon mangas because of their anniversary. Am I a prophet?

The translation of chapter 1 is complete, and is once again...50% done. It's 42 pages long, that means I have 21 pages complete.

No, you can't get Pocket Monsters DP from ChuangYi, you can get Emerald Challenge Pokemon Battle Frontier from there however, that was also drawn by this artist.

i dont care about the non poke special books. can i order poke special books from there?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom