• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

And the Orange Islands were only in that one season, right?
Yes, and that season was only 35 episodes long. Adventures in Unova should be about 40 episodes long, since it includes 9 episodes from the end of the Japanese Season 2, as well as the Episode N saga which should be roughly 30 episodes long assuming that Generation VI will be released next September.

Re: Pokémon dub season sixteen announced: 'Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

ADVENTURES IN UNORIGINALITY WOOHOOO

It gets the point across (and no one pays attention to the title anyways). I'm a person who prefers dubs over the original Japanese though, SO WUT DO I KNOW ABOUT ANIME LOL.

So yeah I guess plain names are in now whatever I just need my Meloetta to be distributed what the hell are they waiting for I have a gap in my Pokémon White Pokédex that needs to be filled in ASAP.

...What a crappy title.
What about "Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands"?
No one complained about that as I know.

Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).

I don't see how this is any worse than "Adventures on the orange islands" which is an official title on my 4kids season 2 boxset.

The title isn't bad or great though I wonder if it's a throwback to orange islands in some ways. I mean the official Adventures to orange islands season going by TPCI's website and the Australian boxset actually has the end of indigo series with the 8th badge and the league then goes into Orange islands which is very similar to what season 16 is actually doing with Unova.

That one wasn't really smacked in our faces though. I believe that title was only tagged on to the DVD release? Back when it aired, it was simply called "Pokémon".

True for back then. I do see it everywhere now though however I wouldn't know if that is considered smack in your face even if I fell over it. The title is so bland that despite all the sites advertising the DVD's, I rarely ever notice the title. XD

I have a feeling this new series title is going to meet the same fate with me. I mean this new one is is just as bland so I doubt I'm going to really notice it no matter how much they put it in my face.

For me it doesn't really matter in the long run. I'm hard to please title wise personally. I only considered 5 of the 16 titles creative and inspiring. Everything else I tend to not take notice of. I don't mind the other titles but I didn't find many of them anything to write home about. So I don't really dislike any title either.

The ones I consider creative consist of 1 4kids title and 4 TPCI's titles. I tend to really like TPCI's titles when they are bothered to be creative. I mean a title like Battle dimensions was pretty awsome if you ask me.

Last edited:

Considering the events that will happen in this series (the Unova crisis, the league and the N episode) I felt that they could have had a better title (that was one thing I will give 4Kids - they were better at making season titles).

Well tbh I liked 4Kids dub better than the current one: edits included. They seemed to have a lot of fun with it and the voice actors they had were awesome IMO and came across as really genuine as the characters. I think there are pros and cons to both dubs but that's just me.

My opinion on pros:

4Kids: Voice Actors for Main Chars; Music used for op/endings; More faithful scripts for TRio; Better replacement BGM (Taj used it with PUSA); Better titles for seasons
TPCi: Fewer edits; More faithful scripts for protagonists; less BGM replacement; better title for eps.

Last edited:

This could have been Season 14's title. I more interested in when it will begin airing. Probably end of January or begininng of February. Wonder what all episodes will be in it. They could have even called the title something like "Unova Battles" or something. But the title is fine as it is, I guess. Gets the point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom