• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon E3 2015 Discussion/Speculation

My dream crossovers are Pokémon X Naruto or Pokémon X Yu-Gi-Oh.

In the Naruto universe, one high-ranking Ninja commands three low-ranking Ninja and can sometimes engage other 4-man teams in direct combat. In my ideal crossover, a human leads a team of three Pokémon and physically engages another human while the six Pokémon engage each other.

In Yu-Gi-Oh... I can't figure out how those two would combine well, but whatever. Maybe make 7 legends into the 7 Millenium Items? IDK. I'll figure it out.

Realistically, we're at most getting Pokkén gameplay and SPMD information.

I expect nothing. A Pokemon game has never been revealed at E3 and I don't think Game Freak plans on changing that.

I don't really expect anything either, I'm mostly looking out for other things I may be interested other than le 'mons.

But at the same time, I'm getting kind of sick of hearing "they never do this, so it's not gonna happen" when it comes to this particular franchise. Because so far, they've been starting to change things here and there since Gen 5. Releasing 2 Gens for a single handheld(Gens 4 and 5), releasing sequels to a pair of games instead of a 3rd version, and now with the release dates between Japan and other countries becoming shorter. Not to mention that the ass-ton of threads on here for predicting the next game(s) really shows that it's getting harder to predict what's coming next.

With all of that said, I've gotten to a point where trying to set a time table on Game Freak and trying to predict what they'll come up with next is almost useless. Right now, I would much rather have them utterly surprise us by announcing something groundbreaking for an E3 than nothing at all.

I expect nothing. A Pokemon game has never been revealed at E3 and I don't think Game Freak plans on changing that.

I don't really expect anything either, I'm mostly looking out for other things I may be interested other than le 'mons.

But at the same time, I'm getting kind of sick of hearing "they never do this, so it's not gonna happen" when it comes to this particular franchise. Because so far, they've been starting to change things here and there since Gen 5. Releasing 2 Gens for a single handheld(Gens 4 and 5), releasing sequels to a pair of games instead of a 3rd version, and now with the release dates between Japan and other countries becoming shorter. Not to mention that the ass-ton of threads on here for predicting the next game(s) really shows that it's getting harder to predict what's coming next.

With all of that said, I've gotten to a point where trying to set a time table on Game Freak and trying to predict what they'll come up with next is almost useless. Right now, I would much rather have them utterly surprise us by announcing something groundbreaking for an E3 than nothing at all.

Game Freak doesn't care about western events though. E3 holds absolutely no relevance to them as their primary audience is in Japan and E3 is the Western gaming. If anything they'd do TGS rather than E3. TGS is the Tokyo Game Show and is essentially the E3 for Japan.

I'm sure they are aware of most if not all western gaming events especially e3. It's one of the best gaming conventions every year. IMHO it has the most exposure for all types of video games.

Also just because GF hasn't revealed anything major for Pokémon at e3 in the past, doesn't mean they won't. They did say they wanted to wrap up the Kalos regional games in a unique way. e3 may be the beginning of that. Also in 2013 they did reveal the fairy type at e3 which I think was a big deal at the time. Long story short, keep expectations low and we might just get something surprising.

You know, anything's possible. Reggie said there will be 3DS announcements at E3. He also said that they would be games that the fans have been asking for. I feel like a new Metroid, Twilight Princess 3D, and Mother 3 top the list of "fan's most wanted games," but I could see there being a Pokemon Snap 2 not far behind, as that game has been a fan favorite. An Orre game could be on that list as well. Backing up the latter, Genius Sonority, the developer of the Orre games, recently worked on two Pokemon spinoffs: Pokemon Battle Trozei and the ever-popular Pokemon Shuffle. It's distinctly possible they could be working on something a bit bigger, like a new Orre game.

Backing up the latter, Genius Sonority, the developer of the Orre games, recently worked on two Pokemon spinoffs: Pokemon Battle Trozei and the ever-popular Pokemon Shuffle. It's distinctly possible they could be working on something a bit bigger, like a new Orre game.

Except Pokemon Battle Trozei and Pokemon Shuffle don't cost that much compared to the Orre games or a major 3DS title.

In the Naruto universe, one high-ranking Ninja commands three low-ranking Ninja and can sometimes engage other 4-man teams in direct combat. In my ideal crossover, a human leads a team of three Pokémon and physically engages another human while the six Pokémon engage each other.

In Yu-Gi-Oh... I can't figure out how those two would combine well, but whatever. Maybe make 7 legends into the 7 Millenium Items? IDK. I'll figure it out.

I would absolutely love a PokemonxYu-Gi-Oh! crossover game. I don't know how that would work out myself either and it probably won't happen anytime soon, but as a fan of both franchises, I'd be extremely excited over a game that combine both of them somehow.

Anyway, I don't know what we can expect from E3 in terms of a Pokemon game. Some of the rumors could turn out to be true and we could get some big announcement for a main series game, most likely for next year, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Getting something like Snap 2 or another game set in Orre would be awesome given how people have been wanting those games for ages. If we don't hear anything at E3, then Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon will probably be the only Pokemon game to come out this year.

Backing up the latter, Genius Sonority, the developer of the Orre games, recently worked on two Pokemon spinoffs: Pokemon Battle Trozei and the ever-popular Pokemon Shuffle. It's distinctly possible they could be working on something a bit bigger, like a new Orre game.

Except Pokemon Battle Trozei and Pokemon Shuffle don't cost that much compared to the Orre games or a major 3DS title.

But I'm fairly certain that the Orre games would sell well.

No quiero sónar como un cínico but I think we won't get much Pokémon related stuff on E3 apart from Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.

I would absolutely love a PokemonxYu-Gi-Oh! crossover game. I don't know how that would work out myself either and it probably won't happen anytime soon, but as a fan of both franchises, I'd be extremely excited over a game that combine both of them somehow.

Anyway, I don't know what we can expect from E3 in terms of a Pokemon game. Some of the rumors could turn out to be true and we could get some big announcement for a main series game, most likely for next year, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Getting something like Snap 2 or another game set in Orre would be awesome given how people have been wanting those games for ages. If we don't hear anything at E3, then Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon will probably be the only Pokemon game to come out this year.

The only thing I could see from a PokémonXYu-Gi-Oh! crossover is that the 7 Millennium Items would be replaced with solid gold statues of Pokémon who share their powers (Hoopa for the Puzzle, Hypno for the Eye, Dusknoir for the Ring, Vivillon for the Scales, Klefki for the Key, Malamar for the Rod and Gardevoir for the Necklace), with the Creation Trio standing in for the Egyptian Gods (and Arceus for their fusion, Horakhty) and you go through the ancient Egyptian Shadow Games of Atem and his Priests from the Memory World arc.

Either that or Yugi/Atem, Joey, Tea, Tristan and all of their friends get transported to the world of Pokémon and have to wield them in battle until they can find Hoopa to let them escape back to their world (similar to the Capsule Monsters mini-arc from 2006).

Don't judge those ideas too harshly. LOL I just made them both up on the spot...

And I can't help but think that yeah, we're definitely not getting anything this year besides Tekken (maybe) and SPMD. I can't shake the feeling that we're getting something announced for the anniversary.

I'm just gonna say this about there being a big main series announcement of any kind at E3.....IF there was gonna b said announcement then I would assume CoroCoro would have at least some info on it....now I could b wrong here, but if it did have info wouldn't it stand to reason that that it would have already leaked? I mean I kno that it's still technically prime time for any leaks from CoroCoro, but if there was such a major announcement then I would have to assume it would b in there and that someone would have noticed and leaked it by this point......Just putting that out there.......there could still b a spin off announced, but otherwise I think hopes r being held up a bit too high.....

If we're going to talk about dream Pokemon crossovers that are never going to happen, then, my friends, I have the ultimate...

Pokemon X Senran Kagura.

Now before anyone starts with the "that won't happen" comments, I know it won't happen, but by God a man can dream.

I'm imagining something kinda like the gameplay of Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, except instead of two shinobi girls, you have a shinobi girl paired up with a Pokemon. I can see Katsuragi using her Dead Screw Dragon Hiden Ninpou with Mega Rayquaza, Homura fighting alongside Mega Blaziken, Yumi riding Articuno, and Hibari and Diggersby eating a ton of sweets.

I've mentioned this elsewhere on the internet, and every time I do it just makes me sad that this will never be a real thing.

P.S.
Someone with the skills needs to fanart this immediately.

If this was me 10 years ago, I would be all for a Pokémon/Yu-Gi-Oh crossover too. But it's gotten to a point where Yu-Gi-Oh creeps me out now that I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

For crossovers that I would like to see, although highly unlikely, would be with either DC or Marvel properties. Heroes and villains somehow loose their powers(we're gonna blame Hoopa for this, because at some point in time we gotta start blaming Hoopa for everything), and now have at the most 2 'mons per character to replace their powers. Thinking of a turn-based RPG for the Wii U or NX that's like Colosseum and XD.

Pokemon x Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover seems like a fanfiction, lol.

Realistically, I'm expecting nothing Pokemon related. Pokemon announcements generally don't appear at E3. Plus with the Hoopa movie out next month, I don't think they'd want to direct attention from it. I'd like to see info on the next main series title, whatever it/they may be, but I know that's very unlikely.

Main series at E3 is gonna happen this year, book it. The micro direct cleared the way for no Pokemon presence in the DE, despite PMD being the premiere spin off series in the franchise. More importantly, at the rate Nintendo is going, only Xenoblade, FE if, Rythym Heaven, Mario Maker, and Happy Home designer are their first part titltes that havent been covered so far. I mean it when I say that Pokemon is going to be the center focus for the 3DS, with anniversary feetivities beginning from now.

But I'm fairly certain that the Orre games would sell well.

There's quite a difference between developing a small Eshop title for the 3DS and the Wii U. The former is much less costly and they can get much more of a profit off of those games (especially with the F2P model of Shuffle), the Wii U is so costly that even Genius Sonority has come out and stated that they can't afford to do a game on the system. Additionally, the system itself isn't selling that well and the Orre games never pulled sales comparable to their Main series counterparts, so they're probably not going to be too successful compared to their 3DS counterparts. So unfortunately, unless something changes in the future, we may be without a full console release this generation.

Whelp there u have it.....CoroCoro leaked and there wasn't a game announcement of any kind.....While I'm a little bummed that this mean there won't b a new game announcement from E3 either, I'm also not surprised.....I suppose there still could b, but I don't c it happening.....People got their hopes up and while I was looking at it with a pessimistic view I'm also a little sad....but hey! Maybe this is a good thing....too much of the main games in a small span of time means that the series gets flooded and that's not cool. This gives a little more time to breathe and even if XY and ORAS get boring for some people it still means that they have something to look forward to later on...even if we have to wait...Again maybe they'll do what they did for XY with a direct early next year and a build up to the release. That way maybe NEXT E3 there might b a focus on it.

Whelp there u have it.....CoroCoro leaked and there wasn't a game announcement of any kind.....While I'm a little bummed that this mean there won't b a new game announcement from E3 either, I'm also not surprised.....I suppose there still could b, but I don't c it happening.....People got their hopes up and while I was looking at it with a pessimistic view I'm also a little sad....but hey! Maybe this is a good thing....too much of the main games in a small span of time means that the series gets flooded and that's not cool. This gives a little more time to breathe and even if XY and ORAS get boring for some people it still means that they have something to look forward to later on...even if we have to wait...Again maybe they'll do what they did for XY with a direct early next year and a build up to the release. That way maybe NEXT E3 there might b a focus on it.

I don't think CoroCoro not having anything has anything to do with whether or not they will announce anything at E3. Japan pays attention to E3 just like we pay attention to TGS, so if they are making a big announcement at E3 they wouldn't want a magazine to leak spoilers.

Personally, I wouldn't be horribly upset if we got no main series release this year. We haven't missed a year since 2008 (by NA release dates), so if we got another break this year I'd survive, but I feel like they are gonna do something for the 20th Anniversary.

What I expect will be announced: Some Super Mystery Dungeon news, maybe something about Pokken, possibly but unlikely some news about Pokemon amiibos (if anything probably just the Mewtwo amiibo), and the most unlikely, Pokemon X2Y2/Z

What I wish was announced: Pokemon Snap U, <Insert Stadium style Wii U game here>, <Instert Orre remake/sequel here>, Pokemon X2Y2/Z, Pokemon InfernoRed and SolarGreen

(Of course, not all of these at once :p)

I don't think CoroCoro not having anything has anything to do with whether or not they will announce anything at E3. Japan pays attention to E3 just like we pay attention to TGS, so if they are making a big announcement at E3 they wouldn't want a magazine to leak spoilers.

Personally, I wouldn't be horribly upset if we got no main series release this year. We haven't missed a year since 2008 (by NA release dates), so if we got another break this year I'd survive, but I feel like they are gonna do something for the 20th Anniversary.

Yeah, this. A game not being announced in CoroCoro doesn't mean that game won't happen. They just don't want it to be announced by some magazine and have it ruin the big surprise. So there's still a chance of the two games being announced at E3. Though all this Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon stuff pretty much means PSMD won't be at E3.

Back
Top Bottom