• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon E3 2015 Discussion/Speculation

Whelp there u have it.....CoroCoro leaked and there wasn't a game announcement of any kind.....While I'm a little bummed that this mean there won't b a new game announcement from E3 either, I'm also not surprised.....I suppose there still could b, but I don't c it happening.....People got their hopes up and while I was looking at it with a pessimistic view I'm also a little sad....but hey! Maybe this is a good thing....too much of the main games in a small span of time means that the series gets flooded and that's not cool. This gives a little more time to breathe and even if XY and ORAS get boring for some people it still means that they have something to look forward to later on...even if we have to wait...Again maybe they'll do what they did for XY with a direct early next year and a build up to the release. That way maybe NEXT E3 there might b a focus on it.

I don't think CoroCoro not having anything has anything to do with whether or not they will announce anything at E3. Japan pays attention to E3 just like we pay attention to TGS, so if they are making a big announcement at E3 they wouldn't want a magazine to leak spoilers.

Personally, I wouldn't be horribly upset if we got no main series release this year. We haven't missed a year since 2008 (by NA release dates), so if we got another break this year I'd survive, but I feel like they are gonna do something for the 20th Anniversary.

Yeah, this. A game not being announced in CoroCoro doesn't mean that game won't happen. They just don't want it to be announced by some magazine and have it ruin the big surprise. So there's still a chance of the two games being announced at E3. Though all this Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon stuff pretty much means PSMD won't be at E3.

The Reason I say it's a lost cause is based on past events.....Yes I kno u could say things change and that they don't have to do what they've done in the past, but if u really pay attention GameFreak is pretty stagnant in terms of how it chooses to release info at times......In 2013 when XY was a huge focus at E3 they still had info in CoroCoro despite having things at E3. CoroCoro leaking didn't stop them then and I really don't think it would have stopped them this time if they had any announcements. Not trying to b a negative nelly, I just don't want people getting their hopes up to find out that any rumors or wishes were for naught. Hey I could b completely wrong and this could b a big E3 for Pokemon and they just kept a huge secret very well hidden. Although I don't want a game released this year I wouldn't mind an announcement about one being released next year. Sadly I don't think E3 will give us that and said announcement will come at a later date in a different format. Again tho I could b wrong and come the 16th we all could b in for a big surprise! lol

Last edited:
[...]In 2013 when XY was a huge focus at E3 they still had info in CoroCoro despite having things at E3.[...]

XY was previously announced in January, some of the info like the starters, Kalos, Lumiose, and some of the other pokemon were known for months by the time E3 happened. They were just continuing the coverage.

[...]In 2013 when XY was a huge focus at E3 they still had info in CoroCoro despite having things at E3.[...]

XY was previously announced in January, some of the info like the starters, Kalos, Lumiose, and some of the other pokemon were known for months by the time E3 happened. They were just continuing the coverage.

I honestly don't c the difference, but I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.....Again I don't mean to b a downer.....I guess what I'm afraid of is really getting my own hopes up......lol

I honestly don't c the difference, but I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.....Again I don't mean to b a downer.....I guess what I'm afraid of is really getting my own hopes up......lol

It's simple. XY and ORAS were announced at E3. This year, we have no main game Pokemon announcement going into E3.

Welp. We got nothing. Not even a Super Mystery Dungeon mention.

Makes me think there will be a dedicated Pokemon Direct at some point in the future.

I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't have the Super Mystery Dungeon trailer as part of its E3 recording.

Surely the Mystery Dungeon games are expected to sell more than some of those third party titles that were included.

Well, that was... disappointing, although expected. Actually most of Nintendo's announcements felt lackluster.

With no E3 announcement I'd be shocked if we got a new main series entry this year. Looks like we are finally getting another year off. Next year, we'll probably get the last Gen VI entry/entries along with Volcanion being officially revealed, then Gen VII in 2017. Or they could do something completely different and I could be totally wrong. Who knows anymore.

I kind of wish we got at least 1 more spin-off title announced though. My dreams of Pokemon Conquest 2 will have to continue...

Again not surprised they didn't announce anything.....I almost positive that if we here anything about a new game it'll come closer to the end of the year or even in January like the XY direct did.....

Though on the other hand...

Do Japanese gamers even care that much of about E3 to begin with :confused:

Though on the other hand...

Do Japanese gamers even care that much of about E3 to begin with :confused:

I assume they do. We care about Tokyo Game Show. Plus, E3 is where major hardware announcements are usually made, and I know at least Sony's conference had a Japanese language version.

Back
Top Bottom