• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Eat Each Other

Not only can you hunt down pokemon and kill them, you can make food products from them in non-harmful ways too! Cheese made from Jynx milk anyone?

I would better prefer cheese and yoghurt made from Miltank.
BTW, does Jynx bear milk by any chance?

But other than this, egg produced by Chansey and fruit grow on neck of Tropius is also eatable.
Though IMO, it is really inefficient in terms of human business standard to massively breed a herd of Chansey or Tropius for such rare food items on their body that only yield the amount of several fews for only 1~2 times per year.

You know, thinking about it, since Scyther is basically a praying mantis combined with a dinosaur/dragon/something, what would it eat? I'd like to say mostly other Bug Pokemon, since that's what mantids usually eat in real life, but Scyther is a mantid/reptile hybrid the size of a human, and mantids have been known to also eat things like birds and lizards that fall outside of their usual diet. Considering Scyther's size, it wouldn't surprise me if it could actually hunt some of the larger birds, and maybe even stuff like Charizard and other dragon-like Pokemon if it got lucky. Also, if we're looking at Pokemon as instinctual wild animals who haven't been trained to cooperate with humans, I could see Scyther eating people. This is why its a good thing that Pokemon don't exist.

Rayquaza's 'Dex entries mention it eats water particles in the atmosphere... which makes no sense from a biological perspective, as it's clearly adapted to a predatory lifestyle, since it has sharp fangs and claws.
Yeah, I can't see Pokémon like Feraligatr, Tyrantrum, or Seviper living off berries or plants.

Wurmple and co show they do really but we'll never see it happen in game or on the show.

There have been countless examples of Pokedex entries stating that Pokemon eat each other. On top of that, there are really not other forms of creatures outside of Pokemon and Humans shown, so it's only natural that a food chain/web would form from them. Examples include Pidgeot eating Magikarp and Caterpie, Swellow eating Wurmple, Sneasel eating other Pokemon's eggs, Heatmor eating Durant, and Omastar eating Shellder. Humans also eat Pokemon, as evident by some of Basculin's entries. Plus Ash, May, and Tyson all ate burgers at one point or another, so unless they were veggie burgers, they may have come from Tauros or Miltank. While by-products are more commonly see (Moomoo Milk, for example), unless all humans are vegetarians, they would have to eat some form of meat. Pokemon also eat people, such as Cofagrigus, which was said to eat grave robbers, and in some of Victreebel data, explorers have vanished when they entered its territories.

While there is a food chain/web form in the world of Pokemon, I believe most Pokemon are at least omnivorous. In Seviper's debut episode, it ate several fruits like apples, but also tried to eat Torchic (though that may have been a scare/bully tactic, which is debatable). Meowth once tried to eat James' Magikarp. And Ash's Pidgeotto tried to eat his Caterpie in its debut. While morals have increased in the series, that doesn't stop a food chain/web from forming, as it's only natural, seeing how Pokemon replace most, if not all forms of animal/insect life on their world.

So, yes, it is possible for Pokemon to eat other Pokemon, forming a natural food chain/web. You should read a lot of the Pokemon dex entries and you'll see what we mean.

Just from what I've observed in all of the games, all Pokemon can get by fine with eating foods such as berries and apples (at least in the PMD world), but various species also have more specific and specialized diets. This can also be shown in the anime: all Pokemon seem to live off of the same generic dog food just fine, but things like (for example) Pokepuffs are more appealing if they're made specifically for their own species. A Pokemon could get by without killing and eating other Pokemon, but if it's available to them, I'd imagine they'd take the opportunity. (Besides, it's kind of hard to imagine something like Sharpedo NOT eating other Pokemon.)

Aside from that, there's an orgy of evidence that Swellow and Taillow enjoy eating Wurmple in all three's Pokedex entries.

I see the answer to the question as to whether or not Humans or Pokemon Eat other Pokemon
is the same as to whether or not Human and Pokemon use the Bathroom....

Obviously, It happens. But Neither subject just is brought up for similar reasons...

I'm of the belief that some pokémon (especially the ones based off carnivorous animals) do eat other pokémon. As for Legendaries, I believe they feed off the ambient energy of the cosmos but they can eat food if they so desire.

However, eating pokémon is something that is not brought up in polite company.

Adding to this, eating Pidgey, Wiscash, Basculin, Tauros and similar pokémon is probably more acceptable than say, making a Machamp sandwich, or a Jynx stew.

And of course, there are pokémon that are completely inedible like say, most steel and poison types.

But I'm assuming taunting an opposing trainer who's using a Swellow with "I'm going make your Swellow into a sandwich" is probably considered to be in bad taste.

Last edited:
I would like to know how N would react if he saw a pokemon eating another. I just cant imagine he watching a zorua trying to eat a pidove without trying to stop it.

Last edited:
Paleo said:
Several Pokédex entries (mainly regional birds, regional bugs and some random others like Roserade) say that Pokémon eat Pokémon

I was gonna say something like this but yeah Pokémon are apparently omnivorous (omnivores?).

Also, people eat Pokémon but that's a different story

Agree on this as well.

This is just something that I assumed even as a kid. They're animals, after all. As a kid, I liked to imagine that all of my favorite cartoons/games took place on Earth, though not at the same time, that would have been ridiculous.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom