• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon everyone else likes that you dislike

Incineroar seems pretty popular, but I really dislike its colour scheme and hands, not to mention the belt-thing.
I also don't like Blaziken, Infernape, and Whimsicott (not sure if the latter is liked by many).

Bidoof. A lot of people love it. I want to extinct the entire species. I blame it all on the multiple Poke Radar chains that were shattered by the little snot showing up. Seriously, I hear that thing wheeze and I grit my teeth in rage; it's automatic now.

I'm pretty indifferent to Gen I but I don't hate any of the mons except for Mr.Mime, Electabuzz and Magmar, which I find terrible. I also find the legendary birds very bland.
Togekiss. Togepi is cute, Togetic is adorable and used to be one of my favorite Pokémon, and then comes that... thing. Its anatomy is so weird and disproportionate and I just... hate it so. much.

I'm pretty indifferent to Gen I but I don't hate any of the mons except for Mr.Mime, Electabuzz and Magmar, which I find terrible. I also find the legendary birds very bland.
Togekiss. Togepi is cute, Togetic is adorable and used to be one of my favorite Pokémon, and then comes that... thing. Its anatomy is so weird and disproportionate and I just... hate it so. much.

Yessssss.

Togekiss wounded me when it first came out. Togetic has always been an OG fave, but then the Boeing 7-Derpy-7 came out and I was v disappointed.

Scyther. I know this Pokemon isn't as popular as some of the others, but it is pretty well liked as a strong bug type Pokemon. But honestly, and I have probably stated this multiple times around different threads, but I honestly hate it. Even before my first nuzlocke, I always thought it looked pretty creepy as a kid, and I did not watch much of the Orange Island series because of it. Then I did my first nuzlocke and lost nearly my whole team to it. I despise this bug!
Interesting...

Ahahaha, a lot of my faves were already mentioned in this thread... Yes, including Whimsicott. It's okay, though. ;)

Popular Pokémon I dislike... Hmm. Right now I can only think of the Unova starters. I remember being thoroughly uninterested when merch featuring them came out, and I had quite a hard time picking one.

Am I allowed to dislike a part of a Pokémon, though? Because I love Reshiram, but I hate, hate, HATE the design of its arms/wings. Look, either you're a wyvern or not, stop confusing yourself!

Bidoof. A lot of people love it. I want to extinct the entire species. I blame it all on the multiple Poke Radar chains that were shattered by the little snot showing up. Seriously, I hear that thing wheeze and I grit my teeth in rage; it's automatic now.

TIL People like the Bidoof line. I don't hate it, again, indifferent.

For me, I find a lot of people go wild over the jigglypuff line. I personally find Jiggly to be pretty annoying and it doesn't even seem cute other than its superficial pink balloon head. I don't find Wiggly or Iggly to be redeeming either. Literally less interesting and pink Marills.

Bulbasaur has quite the fan following now, but I don’t care for it. It’s cute, but compared to the plethora of other cute Grass Types it really doesn’t stand out (and Venusaur is rather ugly). Heck it’s not even that cute compared to things like Cottenee, Meganium, or Leafeon. Another thing that has tainted Bulbasaur for me is the fact that many of its fans treat it like it is the most underrated Pokémon ever despite the fact that A) it is almost as popular as Charizard and B) it is a Kanto starter which means it’s more well known and liked than at least 90% of all Pokémon.

Greninja, particularly the stupid Ash-Greninja transformation that overran XY like a virus and turned the otherwise ok series into some stock shonen mess that cared more about looking flashy than actually being well-written (evenly battling any Champion, even if it's just Diantha, was beyond absurd). This is actually a shame because I did sorta like Greninja before the mass overexposure. I crossed the hall to Team Chespin after all that.

Forgot to mention this ages ago when I first posted here. Gengar. Good lord, I despise the thing. It's so overrated and gets way too much attention and love. Haunter is vastly superior (and more unique) compared to its evo. Throw in the creator's pet treatment, trade-based evo, and Mega Evo and you've got a Mon that I'd like to see vanish like the ghost that it is. I don't care how powerful it is, it gets just way too much glory for me to want anything to do with it, which is why I love it when it gets a nerf (bye-bye Levitate, hello Ground weakness grins evilly). Plus, we can barely go one Gen without it making an appearance (yet another reason I like Gen V). Seriously, I just can't stand the thing and would like to see it disappear.

Greninja, particularly the stupid Ash-Greninja transformation that overran XY like a virus and turned the otherwise ok series into some stock shonen mess that cared more about looking flashy than actually being well-written (evenly battling any Champion, even if it's just Diantha, was beyond absurd). This is actually a shame because I did sorta like Greninja before the mass overexposure. I crossed the hall to Team Chespin after all that.

I gotta agree with you. I'm team Greninja till I die, but Greninja-Ash is exactly why I hate the anime. They give the finger to game established stuff and just for XY, just made Greninja into a Naruto expy.

Was it really that hard to have Charizard or Heracross return and to Mega? No, let's give Ash a, exclusive to him no less, special snowflake transformation that's the same as a mega but disguised under the name 'Battle Bond'.

It might legit just be one fo the worst decisions they ever made as far as Pokémon go.

Last edited:
Was it really that hard to have Charizard or Heracross return and to Mega? No, let's give Ash a, exclusive to him no less, special snowflake transformation that's the same as a mega but disguised under the name 'Battle Bond'.
For all the Charizard shilling that everyone complains about, this is the one time it would have been appropriate. Like, seriously, was it that hard to give Ash a Charizardite?

For all the Charizard shilling that everyone complains about, this is the one time it would have been appropriate. Like, seriously, was it that hard to give Ash a Charizardite?
Goodness knows his Charizard would have put up a better showing than Trevor's did. We already knew Alain's Charizard was powerful, they simply didn't need to prove it again.

Another popular Gen VI Pokémon I didn't really like (not as greatly but it's a definite thing) was Talonflame. Unlike before, this has nothing to do with Ash's one. I was just getting. So. Sick. And. Tired of seeing those Gale Wings Brave Bird antics whenever I played a few competitive matches. Trust me, I loved the hard nerf it got in SM, that was like karma for all those Grass and Bug Monotype teams it invalidated.

I didn't necessarily struggle with them thanks to Choice Scarf Magneton (unlike Magnezone, it could outspeed the best possible Talonflame, forcing either a double resisted Brave Bird or a switch) but it made for a rather monotonous experience...

I don't have one I actually straight up hate, but

One I haven't seen is Silvally (I at least think a lot of people like it?)

I actually still like it overall. Its design and chimera-esque concept is good, I like the sort of middle ground between cool and ugly since it makes sense for what it is.

But other than that, it's a letdown. The lore makes it sound like a bigger deal than it really is. It just makes you wonder why Aether would put so much effort into it. The movepool is good but not that good, it can only use a Z-Move without a memory, and doesn't get its own Z-Move. The only stat that goes up when it evolves is speed, and trying to make it something like Arceus just comes off as unnecessary on Aether's part. Why not just give it Protean? At the very least, let the memories provide power boosts like Plates do.

And in the games, it doesn't really get to do much beyond basically battle you as a weird Pokemon. It isn't ever really a challenge, either. It's decent when you have your own, but it left me expecting more.

I also would've wanted it be a full base 600 in its stats, and put at least a little variety in the stat spread. (since, like I said before, I don't think aiming to be like Arceus so much was necessary, so now it wouldn't need to follow the 'same number across the board rule')

Last edited:
I would say Eevee because people always consider it as good Pokemon which is subjective but most of the time the reason is silly like "It's a dog". Thankfully some people have valid reasons so I wont criticize them but all the people whp just like Eevee for being a gen 1 Pokemon or something stupid are the people I dislike. This might be because I am a competitive player that doesn't judge on cuteness or ugliness because even in LC Eevee is terrible with its main stab being resisted by the most common types - Rock and Steel. Also doesn't help that scarf mienfoo completely destroys Eevee. This is just my opinion so im not telling you to dislike Eevee, just stating my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom