• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Evolution and Formes

What is better?

• Total voters

Alex_Leonardo

Reaction score
I was wondering about what they could do to evolution and formes, and the differences between the two. I really like evolution better than formes because formes uses a key item to activate, and if you somehow lose the item, no one can help you.
I was hoping you guys could give me some opinions since I'm new.

I think evolution is most important for Pokemon. Forms have some benefits though; they give you a possibility to choose how your Pokemon should look like and what stats it should have.

That some species have different forms isn't very strange, especially if they live in different areas. They are like creatures who have not evolved into different species, but rather variations of the same species, which is interesting. Maybe some forms can be rarer than others.

That a Pokemon can change from one form to another, however, sounds like something that should not occur very often. There should be some exceptions, like Deoxys, who can even regenerate itself, but I don't think many Pokemon should have this ability, because they arn't Transformers after all, they're Pokemon.

But then, what really is the difference between evolutions and forms? The forms have the same name, while the evolutions have not. But why should a Pokemon that grows and matures be given a different name while a form is not? Why don't some Pokemon keep their names when they grow? Is an evolution of a Pokemon a new species altogether, and if so, why? While thinking of this, I also wonder if some Pokemon with gender differences are different species too, like Latias and Latios.

Back
Top Bottom