• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Evolution in anime is often used as a storytelling device than a progression of strength. They have Pokemon who should've have evolved by now with all the training and battles they got but don't for story reasons (namely how they don't want to evolve).

If Hatenna does evolve, it's probably going to be story-related unless Liko starts focusing on her training instead of just Floragato all the time which then it could be a mix of both.

Well today's episode saw the evolution of Sprigatito into Floragatto, making the first time we've seen a main characters Grass type starter evolve since DP

The preview shows Ann returning, her Oshawott now a Dewott, giving me hope we might see Samurott for the first time since BW
The Grass Starter Curse is finally broken!

Took us a whopping 14 years to get there... really shows how less marketable the Grass starter evolutions were since Sinnoh.

The Grass Starter Curse is finally broken!

Took us a whopping 14 years to get there... really shows how less marketable the Grass starter evolutions were since Sinnoh.
Huzzah!

Yeah, crazy how it took 14 years and 4 whole generations to get to this point, huh? And you're right about the Grass starters being less marketable-with one exception. Rowlet's problem was that Japan was utterly obsessed with it, and it proved waaaay too marketable, so much so that it eclipsed its evolved forms in popularity. Hence, in a similar case to Dawn's Piplup (I guess Japan is just almost exclusively obsessed with round birds/penguins, huh?) Ash's Rowlet never evolved. (Such a shame.......I'm still sad/mad about it even now, as Decidueye is one of my favorite Pokemon.........:sadsola:

I agree with the unbalanced part, but Hattena doesn't really feel like it would be a battler period so it kinda HAS to evolve without doing stuff before it can... start doing stuff because Hattrem is more fitting for combat.
It's the same reason why Bounsweet evolved early. It just couldn't do much in its current state and needed to evolve in order to become more involved.

Huzzah!

Yeah, crazy how it took 14 years and 4 whole generations to get to this point, huh? And you're right about the Grass starters being less marketable-with one exception. Rowlet's problem was that Japan was utterly obsessed with it, and it proved waaaay too marketable, so much so that it eclipsed its evolved forms in popularity. Hence, in a similar case to Dawn's Piplup (I guess Japan is just almost exclusively obsessed with round birds/penguins, huh?) Ash's Rowlet never evolved. (Such a shame.......I'm still sad/mad about it even now, as Decidueye is one of my favorite Pokemon.........:sadsola:
Makes me glad for once the Grass starter is the favorite of the starters based on how popular Meowscarada is and how much promotion it gets.

Back
Top Bottom