• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Because they are starters...
Yes because that's the only reason.....

Why is Pansear and Panpour on there?
Really? You really have to ask?

Because its not like they ever showed up in an episode of Best Wishes before.......

Random pokemon?
Unlike say the Best Wishes TV Tokyo Front Page of its website, these aren't really random. Well ignoring the ones that haven't shown up yet. Most of the ones on the Tv Tokyo page are all pre-release Pokemon. Scraggy and Swadloon (oddly enough the only Pokemon who has a good English name of the evolution line) are at least two Pokemon who aren't pre-release Pokemon

I don't understand your point. Kibago's evolving is not confirmed and that's means its evolving isn't a fact. What is the problem in this?
The problem is that the Lunch Box advertises Best Wishes, how does Doryuuzu represent Best Wishes more than Axew, Iris's signature Pokemon?

It doesn't, the only reason why Axew wouldn't be advertised is if it doesn't exist any more because it evolve. Likewise with Pidove. We had Pidove and Ash together before, paired up. How is Scraggy somehow more representable for Ash than Pidove. Again the only reason for that is because it evolved.

Too similar to Ash, Dent, and Iris' teams to be random

Exactly. People don't seem to understand what random means. It's way too coincidental that something that advertises Best Wishes would have all those Pokemon on there if it doesn't represent Best Wishes.

I mean sure Emolga, Monmen (forgot it's supposed English Name), Petilil (Churine), Kokorok, Swadloon, Chinccino (Minccino's evolution), and Reuniclus can be argued to be random Pokemon.

But every other Pokemon cannot be random, it would make no sense if they were random, since every other Pokemon has shown up in Best Wishes, and although Swadloon and Kokorok might not be really random since they may have an excuse to be on there, they are random for now. (of course you could argue that the other Pokemon who are random aren't actually random either).

They would all be random if they advertised Black and White, but not if they advertise Best Wishes.

Yeah, you can believe what you want to believe. He could evolve in anytime. But not confirmed is not confirmed = End of discussion...

Not that I remember writing that, so I'll just ignore that manipulated quote.

But it depends on what you mean by "soon."

Obviously I do think Axew is going to evolve before the starters and Scraggy, but chances are it'll likely evolve last (of the possible evolutions we see, in Sewaddle, Pidove, and possibly Sandile), whether that's soon (as in a few months) or not is unknown.

Though by the first movie doesn't sound soon to me, that's like what 25 episodes away if not more (or less).

Plus I do find it odd none of Iris's Pokemon are being advertised for the first movie, or I don't recall Axew being advertised. Emolga yes, but that's only if you assume Iris is getting one.

^ Axew has a figurine. For the figurines, it goes like: Pikachu (Ash), Scraggy (Ash), Axew (Iris), and Pansage (Dento).

And then for watches, it goes like: Pikachu (Ash), Scraggy (Ash), Emolga (Iris?), Pansage (Dento).

That's what seems to be how the toys advertise I think. Anyway, about the lunchbox, I think Sunyshore said it best in Serebii. While the lunchbox promotes the show and the pokemon we'll see in the future (or have seen), it might be awhile until we actually see some of those pokemon and may take a couple of months. At least, that's how I read her comment.

It's nothing too serious to take note of imo. I mean it's already expected that Axew and Pidove will evolve. It's just that we don't know when and the lunchbox doesn't really tell us that.

I said it before and I'll say it again. On the lunch boxes, only some of the pokémon have unique poses, different then their official art. The Kurumiru evo or Baoppu for exemple haven't got unique images. The pokémon on the main cast and a few others on the other hand, do. What that means, I don't know but I think it's interesting. :p

Everyone is aware of the more serious nature of TR in Best Wishes. Most are also aware James hasn't captured a Pokemon yet, and Kormori hasn't received much airtime. So, my next conversation sparking question is:
When/what/even will James catch a pokemon? If so, how many? Where?
Will Jesse catch more Pokemon? If so, what and when? Will Koromori get stronger?

I want Koromori to evolve because I love his evolution :)

As for James he might capture a Maracacti.

^ Axew has a figurine. For the figurines, it goes like: Pikachu (Ash), Scraggy (Ash), Axew (Iris), and Pansage (Dento).

And then for watches, it goes like: Pikachu (Ash), Scraggy (Ash), Emolga (Iris?), Pansage (Dento).

That's what seems to be how the toys advertise I think. Anyway, about the lunchbox, I think Sunyshore said it best in Serebii. While the lunchbox promotes the show and the pokemon we'll see in the future (or have seen), it might be awhile until we actually see some of those pokemon and may take a couple of months. At least, that's how I read her comment.

It's nothing too serious to take note of imo. I mean it's already expected that Axew and Pidove will evolve. It's just that we don't know when and the lunchbox doesn't really tell us that.

That's exactly what we're ARE saying. That it will evolve. Nobody have ever said when it would...

That's exactly what we're ARE saying. That it will evolve. Nobody have ever said when it would...

I haven't read everyone's posts in detail so I wouldn't know that. I just remembered some posts from when the lunchbox first popped up and iirc, some people thought it might appear soon (i.e. before the movie). Just responded in regards to the stuff I first read awhile back, that's all. And with the whole lunchbox doesn't confirm things debate I've glanced at a bit, I just tried to put my input into what the whole lunchbox advertisement means.

Anyway, I can't wait until the Sewaddle episode is over. It's really hard to read through that thread with all the debate going on about its capture. I'll say this: you can really argue either side about who gets it. You can give some evidence for Arty, and some for Ash. Either scenario is possible. However, imo, I do think Ash has a good chance of getting it more so than Arty considering the Pokemon Smash did focus a lot on Ash's interactions with Sewaddle. I mean, forgetting about Ash already having 6 pokemon, seeing the previews and even that spoiler toy about "Ash's Sewaddle" makes it seem that Ash gets it. I mean I doubt there would be as much debate as I see for this if Ash didn't have 6 pokemon already. I feel like that the fact he already has a full team would make some people prefer to think of the other scenario (for reasonable reasons). But considering that the writers can easily have Ash catch it anyway regardless of having a full team, I still stand by the Ash catching it possibility a bit more than the Arty catching it scenario. At least for now.

But think about it. He's obviously going through a lot to save the poor thing. So what's gonna happen should he actually catch it? Send it straight to Oak after a sure to be touching rescue? Or send one of his other Pokemon, whether the untouchable starters, the bird that, granted, is overdone but hasn't been left out of Ash's team before and is predicted to evolve, or the new hatchling?

As for James, I'd see him with a Tetseed before any other Grass type this gen.

i dont think james will catch a pokemon anytime soon...
and kurumiru will probably be caught by ash not because thats the only reason ash would save it its because thats how ash gets his pokemon...

I quite frankly hope that James doesn't catch the cactus. It would be really repetitive. Plus, I'm sorta hoping for more diversity for TR's lineup... They've pretty much stuck with Poison, Grass, Psychic, Flying and Bug pokémon... and 1 Normal. I'd like... I don't know... something more outside of that range. :D

Not much to choose from in Isshu though...the monkey is out, as is Basurao probably, and I don't think he'll get Pururill, so that leaves the fossil turtle and...the Otomaro line!

I would love if he got Gamagaru though. That dude rocks!

Back
Top Bottom