• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

They're fish.

(of course, it's not like it would matter much with Best Wishes Team Rocket durhurhurhur...)

Thinking about the rotation argument for a moment, and people's insistence that Gym Wins ARE SO DAMN IMPORTANT.

Wouldn't a hypothetical Pokemon captured early in a hypothetical filler saga always be treated like crap then no matter the circumstances. If other battles don't matter and only gym battles matter, so how's a hypothetical Pokemon in a hypothetical filler saga going to be treated right.

I know I'm being stupid, but I'm doing it on purpose. Since someone argued in the Sewaddle episode thread that gyms are just so damn important, so Snivy and Sewaddle somehow one of them gets treated like shit because one takes over one's spot in a gym.

So if were going to use that type of narrow logic, then how is any Pokemon caught in a filler saga going to be treated fairly?

I have a feeling this will lead to people proposing that Ash'll catch the potd every single episode.

Also, his assumed rotation of his pokemon is going to be a bitch for the wiki. We're already seeing it with not knowing which of his pokemon are where. Like Gliscor post Sinnoh league, but like time 4.

Last edited:
So Sewaddle was caught, eh?

As long as the writers can handle a rotated team, I'm okay with it. Hopefully Sewaddle gets an interesting move-set in the future.

While I'm not saying this is a good idea, since the Bulbapedia anime admins and editors will want to hurt someone.

But what if Ash rotates off screen so much that it actually seems like he has hundreds of Pokemon on hand?

Such as:

BW019- Scraggy, Oshawott, Sewaddle, Pikachu
BW020- Scraggy, Oshawott, Pikachu, Sandile (just a suggestion, I still don't want Ash with Sandile)
BW021- Pikachu, Scraggy, Tepig, Snivy
BW022- Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Sandile
BW023- Pikachu, Sewaddle, Sandile, Tepig
BW024- Pikachu, Oshawott, Pidove, Scraggy
BW025- Pikachu, Snivy, Sewaddle, Tepig, Pidove

You know something like that, so we don't know who is at Juniper's Lab, but it looks like Ash has a lot of Pokemon on hand, even though we know he's rotating.

So would any of you be fairly okay with that, outside of how weird and ridiculous it would seem?

With Kurumiru being captured in today's episode, I sort of think that Satoshi will capture at least one more Pokémon in Isshu. I don't want it to happen, but with Satoshi being the sole main character in this saga, there are less chances to market Pokémon on teams how they did in AG and DP through Haruka and Hikari.

I'm sure Ash will capture the croc too, since it keeps returning.

I still think its stupid they're not giving Ash his first ghost or psychic type, so if he doesn't get one soon it probably won't happen.

Since Ash caught the Sewaddle in Episode 18, the writers surely will let Ash catch more pokemon from now on. I mean, if Ash didn't catch a Sandile, it'd be an insult to all of the merchandise that had been released for Best Wishes up until now which featured the Sandile alongside Ash's other pokemon.

That said, I don't feel Ash will recycle his team every episode, only during important battles, which should be a good thing. Some people were complaining how Tepig might take up space for the first three gyms.

Please, writers, if you would go so far as to give Ash another Grass-type and quite possibly another Dark-type for this region, it would be awesome to give Ash his first official Ghost-type and/or Psychic-type pokemon during this arc.

I think it'd be interesting to see Ash rotate his team. Hopefully the writers will pull it off. I think there's a chance that they will.

But if Ash catches anything else in the future. Let's wait awhile. I'm ready for the evolutions. I think I could see Swadloon and Tranquill really soon. Then after the movie, we could expect Dewott, maybe Servine?, and maybe Leavanny. Maybe closer to the last 3 gyms, we could see Unfezant, Pignite, Samurott, and Scrafty.

I'm sure Ash will capture the croc too, since it keeps returning.

I still think its stupid they're not giving Ash his first ghost or psychic type, so if he doesn't get one soon it probably won't happen.
Dude, he just got his first Dark-type. And he can always get new types later on, or in another region. :p Nice avi, BTW.

I think it's rather weird for Ash to get Sewaddle, as it seems rather random and unnecessary. I would rather they either focused on developing the characters in his team at the moment or gave Sandile to him, as it has been around longer and it is cooler (it wears glasses :D)

Back
Top Bottom