• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Soo, Dennou Zenshi thinks Cilan will get Contonee in BW032, thought?

While I'd much rather not have the Grass-Type Gym Leader have more than one Grass-Type, Iris already got a recent capture and Cilan is due for a new one.

Unless he caught somthing iin BW026, the episode is supposed to be focused on him, besides if he caught Alomomola or somthing, like somone said before those that can't move on land get very little screen time, so it may be hiding in its ball

As far as starters are concerned, Snivy and Tepig seem like the ones who would evolve in a battle. Oshawott is starting to get a feeling as if it will never evolve. It's actually very difficult picturing Ash winning with the League with this team, especially if, he does not use reserves.

Something just isn't right, if the writers do want Ash to have powerhouses, then hopefully evolutions won't be rushed. We are approaching the 4th gym, yet none of the starters have evolved. I guess its not too late, but as far as Cilan, Iris, and to a lesser or greater extent Team Rocket is concerned, it seems unrealistic, possible yes, but unrealistic timing.

Ugh, I really hope Oshawott evolves. I don't know if I could stand that little thing (even if it is cute) for the whole season.

Oshawott is definately supposed to be the new Piplup, and much like the penguin, between it being around constantly and having so many quirks that probably wouldn't translate quite as well into it's later forms (ie. crushing on Emonga), I doubt it's ever going to evolve. I suppose they could pull it off during the last dozen or so episodes of the series in time for the obligatory final brawl, but even then I don't think it's a very likely scenario.

As far as evolutions go, everyone else is fair game but him, imo. Bit of a downer since I've grown to like Dewott and Samurott, but it wouldn't be too big a deal if we still end up with the likes of Serperior, Scrafty and Emboar (or Pignite! :D), who are all unique monsters in their own way.

Well if going on past experience snivy is the one who will not evolve mostly because it seems if pokemon defeats it's evolution it won't evolve though the Kingler curse might come into effect again

If Oshawott never does evolve, it kinda makes a person wonder not only will Ash ever get an evolved water starter, but will Kingler always remain as Ash's only evolved water pokemon in general.

The writers usually know what they are doing, but seeing Ash with a water starter isn't too much to ask is it? I don't know, but Oshowatt is very cute. Maybe that's why the old Team Rocket resurfaced, because they plan on evolving it, so its comedic status would be loss and needed a substitute.

I really doubt they are going to just quit writing the twerps and their Pokémon as comedic characters... That would be just dumb.

A funny Futachimaru would be my dream come true, but unfortunately I have to agree with everyone that Mijumaru probably won't evolve. Wish it would though... Maybe after the 2nd movie when the first-stage starters won't be so attractive to the audience anymore? I say that Tsutarja and Pokabu will definitely evolve.

I think that each of Ash's starters will evolve at least once, and Oshawott might even evolve fully.

Maybe...but really, we've seen enough of the Sewaddle line (although I love them a lot) that it's not that exciting for me to see a Leavanny.

That being said, I do hope Swadloon gets used a bit more throughout the show and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing it evolve.

I think Cilan should catch something in the next 5-6 episodes. I dunno about Cottonee, I'm looking at Litwick. I too think Oshawott should evolve, but not until at least Clay or Skyla. Maybe even Brycen. I can picture Ash with Dewott, but not Samurott. Like said before, the writers don't want Ash loaded with powerhouses (which is why Ash didn't get Garchomp and Rhyperior in DP). Snivy? Not for a while. I don't want a redux of Tranquill, rising up to the evo that Trip has. Tepig? I have no clue. Scraggy, it's staying Scraggy. I don't think he'll evolve for a LONG TIME. I think it'll be like Phanpy. Maybe in the league. Swadloon. I agree with Rusty, we've seen Leavanny already, I'm kinda tired of it. I see Swadloon evolving around Skyla. 4X weakness challenge! Either that, or Tranquill. I don't see her evolving until at least Skyla. I think one of the two I just mentioned will evolve then. That leaves Dwebble, because Axew and Pansage are practically out of the question and Emolga and Excadrill don't evolve. I don't see Dwebble evolving. Maybe Axew could evolve in like, the last episode, but, I really doubt it. New catches? For Ash, two more MAX. Iris, though, will probably have a full team by Opelucid, and Cilan, maybe four, five Pokemon. Unfortunately, he won't live up to the glory of Ash.

I think Pokabu won't evolve. If so, he will be like Torterra, who evolved twice just to lose more battles.

And I also think that Tsutarja is the Chimchar/Treecko from Unova, she will evolve twice and be the main powerhouse of Ash's team. Hopefully Oshawott will evolve, but I don't have much hopes about this.

And I wanna a episode focusing Scraggy. He needs to fight and learn new moves, to evolve later.

we have seen all their evolutions though :/ thats why i was hoping for a sandile capture... all of ashs current pokemon (with the exception of scraggy who will not evolve for along time if he does evolve that is) have already had their evolutions appear and many of them owned by a main character... i remember when evolutions were really exciting like when we 1st saw charizard but now people couldnt care less about it :/ thats one of the main flaws in the newer anime... pokemon are not as impressive or as exclusive as they used to be ash just gets excited no matter what he see's its all the same :/
sorry off topic... swadloon should evolve soon seeing as it evolves by happiness which is ash's pokemons strongest characteristic

Back
Top Bottom