• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

In the Pokemon Smash intro we see only Pokemon which Ash, Cilan and Iris got... not saying it IS confirmed by that, but I think that, because the Cottonee is in it, either Ash, Cilan or Iris will catch it! I think it will be Cilan because Iris just caught Emolga... but of cause we can't be sure, but its just interresting that the others are there and then Cottonee is there too :b

I don't understand why everyone is thinking so few of Ash's pokemon will evolve. I remember in DP people were saying Turtwig wouldn't evolve because it reminded them of Bulbasaur. No one thought Chimchar would evolve because it represented how strong a pokemon can be without evolving. Just because Oshawatt is comic relief and cute doesn't mean it won't evolve and the same goes for Tepig, Snivy, and Scraggy. It is perfectly likely that any of them will evolve. I personally all of them will and should evolve.

also for those who are saying since none of the starters have evolved yet it won't happen. I would like to remind you that Turtwig didn't evolve until right before the fifth gym in Sinnoh and the only evolutions before that were Starly into Staravia and Gligar into Gliscor. There is still plenty of time for evolutions to occur.

I wonder if a steel or ghost type will be caught by someone in the main cast. Maybe a Ferroseed or Pawniard to Dent and a Litwick or Golett to Ash/Iris.

I'll be the first to bring it up, I don't think it likely and don't want it but its possible Oshawoot will evolve in BW031

and opps

lets hope he dosen't catch it

Ash's Oshawott is still one in the movie poster, so he will not evolve.

Seeing the relationship between Ash and his Pokemon, it probably won't take long for Swadloon to evolve into Leavanny, and I have a feeling he'll have an Unfeazant in the end too. I'd prefer for Snivy and Scraggy to stay how they are, and for Oshawott to at least go no further than a Dewott. As for Tepig, given the status of Ash's other Fire starters, I don't think it's a stretch to think he'll have an Emboar in the end.

I don't think I'd mind it if Mijumaru evolved, if it stayed Futachimaru. Satoshi needs another mid-evolution starter. Bayleef and Magmarashi are starting to get lonely. And besides, as Futachimaru Miju can keep his personality (with two hotachi's to lose this time!) and remain cute - if not cuter. :p
Edit: Then again, I feel like Satoshi deserves a fully-evolved water-type starter - or at least one that's not perpetually in base form, like his Zenigame and Waninoko.

I REALLY want Tsutarja to evolve all the way so I can ship it properly with Satoshi's Jukain. Little miss BA is plenty BA, but I think it'd further cement her HBIC status if she's the first one fully-evolved. If she reaches fully-evolved status, she'd be the first girl to reach Satoshi's Powerhouse(s) status, right? Also, that'd put that hoe Emonga in her place.

IMHO, Satoshi having so many starters is kind of a bitch to keep up with. I feel like Pokabu is kind of useless if it doesn't evolve - but then again, it shouldn't evolve. I don't think it's anything compared to where Hikozaru and Hitokage were, and the two of them evolved all the way. At the same time I feel like Pokabu is going to get the shaft - much like Hinoarashi did. Magmarashi got its just desserts so much later in the game, after all. Maybe keeping Pokabu at its base form would finally add some flavor into the fire starters - out of the ones given to the main characters, 3/5 of them (All of them extremely memorable Pokemon, too! Lizardon, Bashaamo, Goukazaru) have evolved all the way, and both Satoshi and Hikari own the same Pokemon - Magmarashi. Maybe giving Satoshi Pokabu was a bad idea; because it's just so... boring. And Bel owns a Chaoboo already. IF Pokabu evolves, it'd be like penguin-spam from last generation.

As far as the starters are involved... here's what I'd like to see happening.

Tsutarja: I want it to evolved to Servine (possibly prettier, more elegant, less "I've got two green tumors growings on each side of my face than Trip's Servine) because she has too much personality to stay a Snivy and I think Serperior's ugly. If it can't be Servine, then I'd rather she stayed a Snivy than fully evolved (especially since we'll see Trip with a Serperior before long)

Oshawott: What I'd like most is for it to fully evolve so we can see it act a whole lot more mature and that we lose the being shoved down our throats with pointless moments factor. If not Dewott is fine by me... but it needs to evolve. It cannot stay an Oshawott... pleeeeeeaaaaaaase.

Tepig: I'd like to see one of Ash's fire pokémon that has gone through some crap from a past trainer not evolving. We've done the disobedient thing, we've done the let's kick your old trainer in the groin with how powerful you've become thing, now... I'd like to see them do something different, a I don't need to evolve to be strong deal. Tepig is fine as a Tepig, just... please... writers, let it not remain a bland unpersonable Tepig. If not, Emboar. While the anime has made Pignite less derp, it's still derpy.

Scraggy, Tranquil and Bland Bug, I feel, will all evolve. Pikachu of course, won't.

Possible other capture: I want Ash to get a damn Golurk! :D

There's a few captures i'd like to see for Ash:
* Golett: Ground/Ghost type because the number of Ghost pokemon for Ash is severely limited and the ground typing is just icing on the cake.

* Druddigon: Pure Dragon type and it just looks cool.

* Deino: Dragon type, but it would also be the first dark type owned by Ash + awesome evolutions.

* Heatmor: A defensive fire type (stockpile!!) would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom