• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

I could see Oshawot evolving after a final battle against Oshawot, with this upcoming rivalry! To defeat him, oshawott could evolve!

Wait what? Miju vs. Miju? Don't you mean Miju Vs. Poch

I personally think that Riolu will be owned by one of the protagonists because they've really been pimping out it's availability, and that would symblify more advertisement of it in the show. Besides, if it was on the poster and was going to have no appearance in show, then why is it so close to the front in the poster?

If Riolu is owned by anyone, hopefully it's Ash. I mean, that would explain the whole "aura powers" thing Ash has going on.

Riolu for Ash? Hmm, as much as i want to believe it but there's a lot more Pokemon that Ash needs to train. But giving him a Riolu, doesnt really matter as long as it has its DW ability (Please writers, it's about time for you to acknowledge the very existence of DW Pokemons). How it will play in the anime, im not really sure.

And with the comeback of pre Unova Mons, im pretty sure some of his Oak'd Pokemon will come back (Gible and Totodile please).

Oshawott was the only Unova Stater who was with Ash & Co in the new ending !
So , Ether Snivy & Pignite evolving Or Send to the reserve !
Other word , Ash might carry different pokemon in Eastern Unova ! May be his past pokemon !
Make sense !
World Pokemon Junior Cup coming up so he need to carry stronger pokemon !
If Iris getting A Dragonite then Ash's Gible evolving into a Garchamp ! , No question Ask !
Ash should get a Eevee !
Its a rare pokemon with 7 evolution so If Ash doesn't get one who will ??? He's the main Character !
Plus , Ash share a strange connection with Aura which make Lucario a Perfect pokemon for Ash !

There is no way any of the Isshu starters are going anywhere. Tsutarja must be evolving too.

Anyone else suspecting Mimirol could be getting an evolution when it comes back. With Hikari returning with the exact same team, I feel like something's going to happen. Mimilop in the newest ending doesn't hurt.

Anyone else suspecting Mimirol could be getting an evolution when it comes back. With Hikari returning with the exact same team, I feel like something's going to happen. Mimilop in the newest ending doesn't hurt.

I'd rather not see a 3-foot tall playboy bunny flirt with our mascot.

It'd be creepy.

I would love to see some starter captures not from either Gen and either stage!
So imagine Dawn with a Serperior!? I could really see that happen! If she sees one with Trip!
Or Iris with a Charmander! nice!
Eventually Cilan with a Treecko!

BUT I DOUBT IT! :(

So I really don't know what captures could happen!?
Ash with a Eevee would be good he hadn't a normal type since Aipom and it could evolve in a specia-newl type in Gen VI. I see a Riolu egg being as a award at he WTJC!
Dawn could've get a Mienfoo or Mienshoo!

I did think that a Riolu egg would be the reward for the tournament, and about Dawn getting a Mienfoo...well considering it has yet to appear on WTP, there should be an episode centered around it.

Ash has too many fighting types. He already has Pignite and Scraggy. He doesn't need to tack on Riolu (even though that would be really cool)

Ash has too many fighting types. He already has Pignite and Scraggy. He doesn't need to tack on Riolu (even though that would be really cool)
Ash also have too many ground type !
He has 6 different ground type with 6 different type !
Enough to make him a wealthy Ground type Gym Leader Or Ground Pokemon Master !
However , I want Ash to have 6 different Fire Or Fighting type pokemon Instate.
His luck with Fighting type is better then Fire type since he has Bug , Dark & 2 Fire type.
But it would be cool if he get's a Steel & Pure Fighting type Pokemon !
Plus , Lucario might get another evolution in 6TH Generation So Ash Should Catch Riolu for future Journey ! He can start his new journey with along with Riolu & Pikachu !
There is no way any of the Isshu starters are going anywhere. Tsutarja must be evolving too.
So , Ash again with 2 evolved Starter Grass & Fire Pokemon !
Seriously , What Problem Writer has with Ash's Water Pokemon ?

Maybe this happens. Cynthia recognize Ash's Snivy as a gifted Pokemon (all 31 IVs) and traded Ash with her Riolu, therefore making Snivy the first starter of Ash to leave the main cast and thats the reason for her not to appear in the poster. (I'd rather she go with Cynthia instead of she evolves :S)

.......(Ok, just my imagination, not going to happen)

And Buneary shouldn't evolve. Really, she should appear as she had become a star in magazines and keep flirting with Pikachu.
Dento should be like "WHAT, THAT'S THE BUNEARY FROM [INSERT NAME] MAGAZINE?!" and take out a notebook asking Dawn everything of her, what type of Pokeblock/food she like to eat, her hobby etc. (Fashion Connoisseur eh?)

I won't mind Dawn owning an Eevee, and i won't even mind her getting that freaking serious Dragonite. :p

Last edited:
Mimilop has the potential to be hilarious. Yeah, it having the hots for Pika would be creepy, but that'd make it funny!
Mimirol crushing on Pikachu has never been amusing or endearing. She just snuggles up to him and...that's it pretty much. They never actually did anything with it.

That's how I see it, anyway.
Plus, Mimilop is a badass fighter, as proven at the Grand Festival. I'd like to see more of that.

I think that it's more likely for Quilava to evolve, since Buneary was usually treated as a second-to-Pip mascot and they also probably think its love for Pika works better with it being around the same size as it

Typhloson would be really nice to have here actually, it has been very neglected in the show

They're still playing up Buneary's crush on Pikachu, and Dawn had it since Dp7 and they never evolved. I really can't see them evolving it.

Quilava is possible though, although I kinda wish they wouldn't.

I really wish they'd evolve Mimirol too (and give it a 4th move ffs) but as Pip and Scott said, it doesn't seem likely with the crush thing still going on :/ If only it was Pikachu with the crush on Meloetta, and that Mimirol could have a "rivalry" with it and try to evolve so it looks more appealing. This would go incredibly wrong and every other male than Pikachu would be attracted to it. Headcanons and hopes are a strange thing...

Back
Top Bottom