• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

If only it was Pikachu with the crush on Meloetta, and that Mimirol could have a "rivalry" with it and try to evolve so it looks more appealing. This would go incredibly wrong and every other male than Pikachu would be attracted to it. Headcanons and hopes are a strange thing...
Daaaaaamn, you see what I mean about potential hilarity? This would be glorious.

But then you guys have to bring in 'sound logic' and 'good reasoning' to spoil it all for me. Pip, Scott, you're terrible people. Terrible, completely correct people.

They're still playing up Buneary's crush on Pikachu, and Dawn had it since Dp7 and they never evolved. I really can't see them evolving it.

It was actually DP9 - just saying XD

Quilava is possible though, although I kinda wish they wouldn't.

I see no real reason why not - it could be awesome
And since Pip clearly will never evolve, this could be her fully evolved starter Pokémon
If Ash can have Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape and if to count it then Charizard too... and May could have both Blaziken and Venusaur... I can't see why Dawn shouldn't get her fully evolved starter too

(and give it a 4th move ffs)

If the bunny wouldn't use a new move in these eps I'm going to kill someone
Seriously, with all my love for DP, this is one bad thing they did and I can't even try to understand why
I do expect to see at least SOME new moves on her team... though I'm not sure if the bunny will be able to escape its 3-moves-curse...

Daaaaaamn, you see what I mean about potential hilarity? This would be glorious.

But then you guys have to bring in 'sound logic' and 'good reasoning' to spoil it all for me. Pip, Scott, you're terrible people. Terrible, completely correct people.

LOL
I guess there's still a chance of it happening... but I really doubt it
Though the bunny's love for Pika is fake anyway... tell it you'll let it model for some magazine photos and it throws Pika to hell immediately without caring about it at all (...another thing DP did wrong with the bunny)

In order to not go off topic in the BW080 thread I'm replying to this over here-

Dent has a heightened sense of smell? He's able to sniff other people's aromas. Now I really want Dent to get a dog-based Pokémon.
Yeah, that'd be cool. It's a shame that Cilan's never been associated with a dog-based Pokémon before in any continuity -- uh, never mind. But seriously, the writers coulda done that. And hey, we could've ended up with a Lillipup vs. Purrloin fight.
A Lillipup, Growlithe, Houndour, even a Poochyena (who is technically supposed to be based of a hyena however is often treated like a puppy in the show) any of them I'd love Cilan to catch. I just find that a dog-based Pokémon is fitting for Cilan; they could help him when Cilan's being a Detective Connoisseur.

Also, now with more choices out there, I'm hoping that Cilan catches a Water-type Pokémon by fishing.

Last edited:
Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

My guesses...
Captures:

- No more for Satoshi. His team is pretty much complete now.
- Iris should catch some dragon, maybe the Kairyu or a Vibrava.
- Dent doesn't need more.
- Hikari may catch a Choroneko, Churine or Kumasyun.

Evolutions:

- I want Tsutarja to evolve, but I don't think it will happen. I think it will be Lizardon/Fushigidane/Zenigame all over again.
- That being said, Mijumaru will not evolve either.
- And the pig is most likety to evolve to Enbuoh.
- Waruvile, Zuruggu and Hikari's Magmarashi will evolve.

I don't know about Kenyan, but I wish he catches one or two good Pokémon, after all he is one of my favorite Best Wishes characters.
I can see him with a Booburn or some of the other Sinnoh evolutions of Kanto/Johto Pokémon.

My guesses...
Captures:

- No more for Satoshi. His team is pretty much complete now.
No ,Not Really !
He still need another Unova Pokemon Who can ether Fly & Float !
Because A good team should have 2 pokemon with Aerial support .
Ash wouldn't need 10 pokemon in Unova if he had One more non bird pokemon that can ether fly or float !
Now , Ash has to relies on one flying pokemon unova !
Oh , I remember !
HE MAINLY KEEPING HER IN RESERVE !
I actually thought that Serperior can float in the air Like Milotic but I was wrong !
Although , It would be cool if Serperior can float in the Air.
After all, Milotic is a Pure water type who can float in the Air without any ability so why can Serperior can't do the same !
Ash should get another ''Dog'' Pokemon since Oshawott doesn't showing any sign of evolving !
May be A Arcanine or Absol

Last edited:

An Absol would be real fun. Thought he'd be getting one back in AG because of its appearance in Advanced Adventure. That made it out to be some important pokemon back in AG, and it only got some filler and an appearance in a movie. Other than the one that showed up with Drew at the tail end of the series. I would love to see Ash finally catching one now.

I like the idea of Absol in the main team and since the dark type taboo was broken and Best Wishes, I see no reasons for it not being catch by a main character someday. It is a pretty awesome Pokémon, by the way.

But why not give it to Dent or maybe Iris?
Satoshi already have two powerful Dark Pokémon.

I like the idea of Absol in the main team and since the dark type taboo was broken and Best Wishes, I see no reasons for it not being catch by a main character someday. It is a pretty awesome Pokémon, by the way.

But why not give it to Dent or maybe Iris?
Satoshi already have two powerful Dark Pokémon.

what dark pokemon does ash have

Zuruggu and Waruvile

English please

Just to make it clear, users can choose to post any names in the original Japanese. If you need help with translation, you can use this thread or look on Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

Thank you.

In this case, the two Pokémon mentioned are Scraggy and Krokorok

Zuruggu and Waruvile

English please

Just to make it clear, users can choose to post any names in the original Japanese. If you need help with translation, you can use this thread or look on Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

Thank you.

In this case, the two Pokémon mentioned are Scraggy and Krokorok

isnt that a little unfair to those of us who don't follow the Japaneses games or names and who don't have the time to go searching for names at least for a situation like mine where i asked what dark pokemon he has

and i thought scraggy was fighting and krokorok was ground

isnt that a little unfair to those of us who don't follow the Japaneses games or names and who don't have the time to go searching for names at least for a situation like mine where i asked what dark pokemon he has

The opposite would be unfair to those of us who don't follow the dub or use dub names and there are more discussions in both the Animé section and in here about the original Japanese version than the dub version. That's why we don't discriminate, people should post using the names they're more familiar with and more comfortable using. Posting to solely ask someone to use English names or Japanese names could result in Pointless Post warnings or infractions.

i thought scraggy was fighting and krokorok was ground

They are, but they both have dark type as their secondary typing.

They're both dual dark. Most people get used to the Japanese names of pokemon before English names are released, and thus, especially with more recent generations, a lot of people use Japanese names. The majority of people are watching the anime raw, so it makes a lot of sense to be using those names.

As I'm typing this up I'm looking at your sig and thinking Windie would be a really fun pokemon for someone's team, and we know it's in the new Unova dex. I know someone mentioned Dent getting a dog-type pokemon because of the smell thing, and that would be a really cool pokemon to see come back. We've seen a handful in the past, but it's definitely a fan favorite that I don' think people would mind seeing more of. Or Kojiro brings back Gardie since they'll hopefully be bringing back some of their older pokemon.

I Only care about Ash's as of now, so...

Evos;
Snivy, Krokorok, Pignite, Boldore and Seismatoad all the way!

Oshawott once, so there's an open evo slot for the future.

Captures:

Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken♂(Token Gen III Remake Starter)/Chandelure♀(Triple Pattern Filler/Type taboo shattered)

and/or

Driffloon-Drifblim♀(Second Flying Type)/Banette♀(Hoenn in Unova, Banette w/Cotton Guard would be cool)

or

Klang(has ominously not yet debuted in main anime)-Kilnklang/Beldum-Metang(Type Taboo issues Double fix/leaves Evo for future/new Gible)/Mawile(was screwed over in AG/needs to return/cute as a button)/Riolu(the Poster)-Lucario

or

Reuniclus(Ominous lack of main anime Debut), Beldum-Metang(Type Taboos gone/Leaves open Evo Slot), Gothita line(Since Ash has good chemistry with the line so far), Eevee(The Poster)-Espeon

or

Zorua-Zoroark♂(SLIM CHANCE, but we need one at the league)

or

Tirtouga-Carracosta♀(To all those who complained about Roggenrola, Palpitoad, and Ash not getting a Turtle, this is a sliver of hope/fossil taboo gone)

Tourney Return Evos, in order of likelihood:
Ash's Quilava-Typhlosion♂ or ♀(Both genders make sense, Shipping hint with Dawn's, learns Either Wild Charge or Blast Burn)
Ash's Corphish-Crawdaunt♂(Learns Night Slash)
Ash's Gible-Gabite♂(Learns Dual Chop)
Ash's Totodile-Croconaw♂(Learns Ice Fang)
Ash's Buizel-Floatzel♂(Learns Aqua Tail or Razor Wind)
Ash's Bayleef-Meganium♀(learns on of the following Petal Dance, Aromatherapy, Frenzy Plant or SolarBeam.)
Ash's Squrtle-Wartortle♂(Temporary comeback, Learns Water Pledge)

Epic finale ideas for Dawn's final appearance outside of maybe a movie cameo:

Epic Oshawott-Piplup fight before they BOTH evolve./O and Ambipom return, with Ash, Dawn and O battling over her ownership(chooses Ash or Cilan in a Surprise move)

Please no flames about my ideas, it's just speculation.

Last edited:

They're both dual dark. Most people get used to the Japanese names of pokemon before English names are released, and thus, especially with more recent generations, a lot of people use Japanese names. The majority of people are watching the anime raw, so it makes a lot of sense to be using those names.

As I'm typing this up I'm looking at your sig and thinking Windie would be a really fun pokemon for someone's team, and we know it's in the new Unova dex. I know someone mentioned Dent getting a dog-type pokemon because of the smell thing, and that would be a really cool pokemon to see come back. We've seen a handful in the past, but it's definitely a fan favorite that I don' think people would mind seeing more of. Or Kojiro brings back Gardie since they'll hopefully be bringing back some of their older pokemon.

okay so when you say Windie your talking about arcanine right

okay so when you say Windie your talking about arcanine right

Yes, he is.

Just as a note, whenever a Pokemon name is typed correctly in a post, BMGf will automatically link to the Bulbapedia wiki page for that Pokemon. Therefore you can refer to the page in case you're ever confused about Japanese and English names.

If you have any further questions, please PM me or another anime moderator.

Now please get back to speculating the captures/releases/evolutions :)

Last edited:

Why is it that most people think that if an Eevee is captured that it'll evolve into Espeon. I mean, I love Espeon, it's my favorite Eeveelution. But I'm surprised that a lot of people are suggesting that certain one.

I really don't wanna see Arcanine or Eevee on the main cast.

If Cilan needs an older dog Pokemon, give him Electrike. It's pretty much some type of canine creature, and learns Odor Sleuth.

Why is it that most people think that if an Eevee is captured that it'll evolve into Espeon. I mean, I love Espeon, it's my favorite Eeveelution. But I'm surprised that a lot of people are suggesting that certain one.

opposite to Gary's Umbreon??? Maybe that's why?

Back
Top Bottom