• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I am calling that ash will at least have the first stage of the pseudo legendary as it fits a pattern I picked up Gen 2 Larvitar, Gen 4 Gible, now Gen 6?

I am calling that ash will at least have the first stage of the pseudo legendary as it fits a pattern I picked up Gen 2 Larvitar, Gen 4 Gible, now Gen 6?

But Larvitar wasn't actually captured. It just traveled with him until returned to its mother.

Ash should've just caught the mother... then they wouldn't be separated, he'd still have Larvitar, and best yet... he'd have Tyranitar.

Which Starter Ash will get is still a Mystery To Me.

I hope he doesn't get any of them and has a completely original team. But that will never happen.

It is possible that it could happen, it's just highly unlikely. It is possible the past has set a pattern where it went 3-3-1-2-3 for the first five regions which could mean for Kalos he may get three of the starters as well. Granted they could've started the pattern at Johto which would make the number of starters he gets at one, or they could reverse the pattern having him get 2. At the moment none can know save for those working on the anime.

I do like the concept of him not having any of the starters, but as the starters are Pokémon they want to merchandise it is more than likely he will get one or more.

Another thing one must consider is which type will be new to Ash in terms of capturing this time around. As for the exception of Hoenn, though one could say it was his first true Ice Pokémon, Ash always catches at least one new type a region. For Example these are the types he caught each region:

Kanto - Electric, Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, Water, Normal, Fighting, Poison
(9 New Types)

Orange Islands - Water, Ice, Normal
(1 New Type if one counts Lapras' second under-utilized type of Ice Beam which was used a total of about four times)

Johto - Bug, Fighting, Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Normal, Poison, Ground
(1 New Type - Ground)

Hoenn/Battle Frontier - Flying, Normal, Grass, Water, Fire, Ice
(First True Ice Pokémon)

Sinnoh - Flying, Normal, Grass, Ground, Water, Fire, Fighting, Dragon
(1 New Type - Dragon)

Unova - Flying, Normal, Water, Fire, Fighting, Grass, Dark, Bug, Ground, Rock
(2 New Types - Rock & Dark)

All in all Ash has caught 14 out of the now 18 types of Pokémon leaving Psychic, Ghost, Steel, and Fairy as the only remaining uncaught types. Chances are they will give him a Fairy due to the hype of the new type, but one must remember that when Dark and Steel were introduced he didn't receive either of them. Honestly I'm hoping for Ash to finally catch an Official Ghost Type to make up for the unofficial Haunter, though seeing him with any of these four would just be cool. Usually his new type is the fifth or sixth Pokémon he catches a region (After Kanto and the Orange Islands of course), with Phanpy being his sixth Johto Pokémon; Glalie, his first true Ice Pokémon, being his fifth Hoenn/Battle Frontier Pokémon; Gible being his sixth Sinnoh Pokémon; with Scraggy being his fifth Unova Pokémon and Roggenrolla being his eighth of that region (due to him catching more than six a region that time around).

Honestly I would like to see him catch more than six Pokémon next time around as well, but... and this is a big but.... only if they have better rotation and focus on the differing personalities of those Pokémon better than they did it in Unova. It would be something nice to see, him working with all his Pokes rather than just having five main ones with a sixth constantly rotating that they essentially did in Unova. If a writer was good enough they could write a story with Ash having twelve or more Pokémon and make it work better than they did on Unova with his ten.

Just something to provoke and promote thought as to what could come with his captures in Kalos.

Yamirami's part ghost.
/jussayin

Otherwise, I don't doubt that Satoshi will successfully catch a second Nokocchi he encounters which will evolve into his fairy-type. It's not often that he simply fails to catch a Pokemon species he displays interest in so late in a series, and Nokocchi is very iconic. Or Iris catches Nokocchi and its evolution turns out to be dragon and not fairy.

Last edited:
Yamirami's part ghost.
/jussayin

Otherwise, I don't doubt that Satoshi will successfully catch a second Nokocchi he encounters which will evolve into his fairy-type. It's not often that he simply fails to catch a Pokemon species he displays interest in so late in a series, and Nokocchi is very iconic. Or Iris catches Nokocchi and its evolution turns out to be dragon and not fairy.

I honestly would like to see Ash deal with catching a Sableye... they are usually depicted as having mischievous personalities and it would be a good way to handle character development... though the fact that at the moment Sableye has no weaknesses (Unless they make one of it's two types weak to Fairy), it would be a little overpowered.

And on the Dunsparce part... I'm the one who coined the phrase "Dunsparcey Love"... Need I say more?

I have a feeling they're going to give Ash all three starters again in Gen 6. I think all three fit his general style and they are all marketable and liked in the community. It would be cool to see him branch out a bit more this time around though. Hopefully they'll handle his captures much better than in Unova, where half of Ash's team was rarely even used and he relied on first-stage Pokemon like Snivy and Oshawott for the majority of his battles.

Pangoro had better go to someone please because this thing just looks so epic and cool and I will bet it will kick someones arse and it will be funny. And who knows it might be like Ursaring and alkl the others.

Pangoro had better go to someone please because this thing just looks so epic and cool and I will bet it will kick someones arse and it will be funny. And who knows it might be like Ursaring and alkl the others.

I would love to see Ash catch Pangoro if only for the fact it has a banchou coat. It also looks like it would fit in with his already caught Pokémon, and with the exception of Hoenn he always catches a fighting type Pokémon, so it could be...

Also, this may be the most unmanly thing I will ever say... but after seeing images of Inkay... someone needs to catch it... please... it is the cutest thing I have ever seen... and I so want one!

Does anyone think that Pangoro or Litleo will be Caught by a Main Character or Team Rocket at all.

Do you think Cilan will evolve his Pansage?

I don't think this has ever happened before, but do you think that Cilan will ever give his Pansage a leaf stone so it can evolve into a Simisage? Maybe one day Pansage really wants to beat someone in a battle so it wants to evolve.

Re: Do you think Cilan will evolve his Pansage?

I don't think this has ever happened before, but do you think that Cilan will ever give his Pansage a leaf stone so it can evolve into a Simisage? Maybe one day Pansage really wants to beat someone in a battle so it wants to evolve.

Will Ash ever evolve Pikachu? No. Maybe if Cilan leaves and comes back like Dawn/May/Misty.

Re: Do you think Cilan will evolve his Pansage?

Does anyone think that Inkay or Malamar will be Caught by anyone or NO.

Who thinks Malamar or Inkay might get Caught by Ash, his Friends, or even Team Rocket Maybe.
Read my earlier post on Inkay...

I would prefer Ash to get it, though if it is caught it will most likely be caught by Team Rocket, a travelling companion or a CotD.

My reason for Ash catching it is because every region, save Hoenn (though it is debatable), Ash catches a new Pokémon type and with four types remaining; Psychic, Steel, Fairy, and Ghost; I would like to see Ash catch Ghost and Fairy the most, but I would forgive them giving him a Psychic instead if it is Inkay as it is just so gosh darn adorable.

As soon as a plush of this Pokémon exists I am buying it... and it will be the third Pokémon plush I own alongside Dunsparce and Gligar... as well as my first non-gen II plush.

Which Starter Ash will get is still a Mystery To Me.

I hope he doesn't get any of them and has a completely original team. But that will never happen.

That would be fantastic actually. Or at least let him get only one of them. I liked how they did it in Hoenn by letting all of them getting one. Too bad Brock did jack**** with Mudkip but eh.

Also, please at least evolve Scraggy into Scarfty before the end of Best Wishes. Everyone minus Leavanny and Pignite got the shaft so c'mon! I always knew Snivy wouldn't evolve while hoping Ash would get a Gigalith to match Trip Conkeldurr and finally have a fully evolved water type starter but lol.

Back
Top Bottom