• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So what do you guys think the chances of Ash ending up with a Greninja are? Personally I think there's a good chance he will. I also think he should catch a pokemon that's an electric type.

So what do you guys think the chances of Ash ending up with a Greninja are? Personally I think there's a good chance he will. I also think he should catch a pokemon that's an electric type.

The only Kalos Electric types are Dedenne and Helioptile line. Clemont owns both. And the only non-Kalos mon which still has connection to the new games and is Electric is Ampharos. And it would be pretty random to catch and raise one for Megas when he has a Charizard and a Heracross chilling at Oaks.

As for Fairy types I would like Azumarill or Slurpuff. Mostly Slurpuff. Just want to hear Ash scream "Slurpuff I choose you!" in an important battle at the league and then this fluff candy thing comes out and saves the day!

I think there is a very good chance. It should at least make it to Frogadier. It is his only starter, it already has a good personality and a good move set, it's shown to be a competent battler who will only get better. Honestly it wouldn't make sense if it didn't evolve.

As for the electric type thing, as Spypitoad pointed out, he won't be getting any Kalos electric types since Bonnie and Clemont have them and Alexa has Helioptile. And having the Mareep line on his team would be odd.

I just really want him to get a fossil.

I would just like to say that I never said that Ash had to get a pokemon that's part of the mareep evolution line. Although for some reason I once had a dream where Ash caught an Ampharos because it wanted to go with him. I don't know why because I wasn't thinking about anything like that when I went to bed. I also had a dream where he got Korrinas Lucario. Same situation. Hmm... I wonder if those dreams mean anything. What do you guys think?

I would just like to say that I never said that Ash had to get a pokemon that's part of the mareep evolution line. Although for some reason I once had a dream where Ash caught an Ampharos because it wanted to go with him. I don't know why because I wasn't thinking about anything like that when I went to bed. I also had a dream where he got Korrinas Lucario. Same situation. Hmm... I wonder if those dreams mean anything. What do you guys think?

Um no, I do not think your dreams in any way foreshadow the Anime haha.

We were just saying Mareep because apart from the Kalos Electric types which are already accounted for, the Mareep line is the only one that makes sense to add to anyone's team. Because of Mega Amphoras

Um no, I do not think your dreams in any way foreshadow the Anime haha.

I didn't think so but I figured I might as well ask. But that still doesn't mean either one can't happen but I'm not saying it will. I also realize that he probably won't get an Ampharos. As for the part about him getting Korrinas Lucario that would make sense if it did happen.

All of this talk about Ampharos, but are we forgetting about Manectric? Manectric has a cute pre-evolve form, in Electrike, and it also mega evolves. I love to see Manectric as a Pokemon with Ash or Clemont.

My predictions for the XY series!
Ash
Pikachu
Froakie-Frogadier
Fletchling-Fletchinder-Talonflame
Skiddo-Gogoat
Honedge
Hawlucha

Serena
Fennekin-Braixen
Espurr-Meowstic
Flabébé-Floette-Florges
Magikarp-Gyarados (Shiny)
Aron-Lairon-Aggron
Absol

Clemont
Chespin-Quilladin
Bunnelby
Helioptile-Heliolisk
Electrike-Manectric
Litleo-Pyroar
Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos

Bonnie
Dendenne
Pachirusu
Pichu
Klefki

Team Rocket
Jessie
Wobuffet
Pumpkaboo-Gourgeist
Goomy-Sligoo

James
Inkay-Malamar
Phatump-Trenevant
Noibat-Noivern

I think the odds of James evolving his Inkay are slim seeing as how powerful are they making it seem in the anime.

Ash
Pikachu
Froakie-Frogadier
Skiddo-Gogoat
Honedge
Hawlucha

Serena
Fennekin-Braixen
Espurr-Meowstic
Flabébé-Floette-Florges
Aron-Lairon-Aggron
Absol

Clemont
Chespin-Quilladin
Bunnelby
Helioptile-Heliolisk
Electrike-Manectric
Litleo-Pyroar
Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos

Bonnie
Dendenne
Pachirusu
Pichu
Klefki

Team Rocket
Jessie
Wobuffet
Pumpkaboo-Gourgeist
Goomy-Sligoo

James
Inkay-Malamar
Phatump-Trenevant
Noibat-Noivern

I think this is a little overboard lol. Bonnie getting four pokemon seems unlikely. I see her maybe getting one more.

A Spritzee seems to be a bit of a Haunter kind to me, playing pranks with different scents affecting human senses and stuff therefore I see it fit better than other Fairy types for Ash. Oh and I think a fluffy Swirlix is more of a girl Pokèmon, not fitting Ash.

I think Spritzee, and especially its evolution, are much more "girly" Pokemon for Ash than Swirlix. Are you sure you aren't confusing the two? If not, well it is totally possible for Ash to get a Spritzee. And I agree, it would be amusing to see it prank people with different scents.

Most of the pure/main Fairy-Types seem just too "girly" except Xernas and there is no way Ash would get a legendary but I bet 10 Big Nuggets with Fairy type new to Pokémon, Ash as the main protagonist just has to get one that is main Fairy while being a new one (from the old ones that got secondary Fairy more could fit) and Spritzee or Carbink are no choice with much difference in the scale of what Ash should get. Oh and since most of the Fairy Types are evolving through trade while holding certain items I doubt they will evolve in the show. However, I just got to think, had Ash a thing for cotton candy? I believe he had but I can't remember for sure. The episode could be that Ash tries to eat Swirlix cause he mistakes it for Cotton Candy of a kind and in the end it gets a liking to Ash. Anyway, if this was the case Swirlix might be a bit better of a choice than Spritzee though Spritzee and Aromatise have a bit of prankster face. Although, it might be funny if Serena catches a Spritzee and this will always or mainly play pranks on Ash.

Ash
Pikachu
Froakie-Frogadier
Skiddo-Gogoat
Honedge
Hawlucha

Serena
Fennekin-Braixen
Espurr-Meowstic
Flabébé-Floette-Florges
Aron-Lairon-Aggron
Absol

Clemont
Chespin-Quilladin
Bunnelby
Helioptile-Heliolisk
Electrike-Manectric
Litleo-Pyroar
Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos

Bonnie
Dendenne
Pachirusu
Pichu
Klefki

Team Rocket
Jessie
Wobuffet
Pumpkaboo-Gourgeist
Goomy-Sligoo

James
Inkay-Malamar
Phatump-Trenevant
Noibat-Noivern

I think this is a little overboard lol. Bonnie getting four pokemon seems unlikely. I see her maybe getting one more.

Yeah, maybe she will just get Pichu because it would be cool if Clemont caught her a Pichu she wanted because Pikachu and Pichu could become friends and Bonnie would say, "One day, Pichu will be just like your Pikachu!" to Ash. And maybe once Clemont and Bonnie leave the show, Ash might see them again and Bonnie's Pichu will be evolved, and maybe Pichu will look up to Pikachu like a mentor.

Ash will likely get another fire type beside fletchinder/talonflame, after all he had charizard and pedgeotto at the same time

Honestly there are only 2 things I would like to see: Ash geting a mega ring and use mega evolution, and Ash catching at least one other electric type. The reason I'd to see Ash catch another electric type is that I don't see why Pikachu should be his only electric type.

Ash will likely get another fire type beside fletchinder/talonflame, after all he had charizard and pedgeotto at the same time

Possible, but I wouldn't say likely.
Ash usually goes for a team with a good range of type coverage.
There have only been a few times that he has had multiple Pokemon of the same type on his team; and most of that happened by rotating his team(Sinnoh- Torterra(ground), Gible(ground), Gliscor(ground, flying), Staraptor(flying); Unova- Kookodile(ground), Palpitoad(ground, water), Oshawatt(water), Leavanny(grass) ,Snivy(grass), Pignite(fire), Charizard(fire).

While it's possible the writers could put Litleo on Ash's team, a Fletchinder/Talonflame with Flame Charge and/or Flamethrower is already a pretty strong fire type for Ash to have.
There really isn't a reason to give Ash a second fire type. He'd be better off getting more type coverage.

Possible, but I wouldn't say likely.
Ash usually goes for a team with a good range of type coverage.
There have only been a few times that he has had multiple Pokemon of the same type on his team; and most of that happened by rotating his team(Sinnoh- Torterra(ground), Gible(ground), Gliscor(ground, flying), Staraptor(flying); Unova- Kookodile(ground), Palpitoad(ground, water), Oshawatt(water), Leavanny(grass) ,Snivy(grass), Pignite(fire), Charizard(fire).

While it's possible the writers could put Litleo on Ash's team, a Fletchinder/Talonflame with Flame Charge and/or Flamethrower is already a pretty strong fire type for Ash to have.
There really isn't a reason to give Ash a second fire type. He'd be better off getting more type coverage.

Litleo seems like such an "Ash" Pokemon to have. And at the end of the day, Talonflame would be his regional bird. And we all know how those turn out.

However, if Talonflame sees as much usage as Swellow did, then that is a different story (meaning no Litleo needed).

As long as we're throwing out random Fairies to put on the team, what about Snubbull/Granbull?

I mean, Granbull is described in the games as a Pokémon with a tough exterior and a timid, cute personality. Ash has had a couple of these types of Pokémon before (Gliscor and Krookodile come to mind). Failing that, I can see it making a niche on Serena's team as well.

Back
Top Bottom