• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

So, after the previews, it's pretty obvious Ash won't get a Lucario.

How? It's not "obvious" at all if that will happen or not... and I still hope for it to happen

Now on to XY024. Ash fishes up a Skrelp. Possible capture?? Probably not, but one can dream. I for one would be stoked

Could it battle out of water though? If not, that's a problem, as proved by Misty's Goldeen and Horsea who got horribly neglected... I think pkmn who can't battle (or just be active at all) out of water are not really an option for the main cast...

Also, I tried going over the list of gen 6 pkmn who still didn't get a proper appearance and I think could fit Serena... I could only really think of Meowstic, Spritzee and Carbink... it seems like the options for her are very limited, unless they're willing to give her an older pkmn (I can't see any of her actual game team getting in except for Meowstic... although Clefable might be considered due to its fairy type maybe? I'd say Absol for mega evo too but I doubt anime!Serena will have anything to do with mega evo, sadly... if anything that will be Ash's thing, with Lucario/Charizard/Heracross)

Last edited:
How? It's not "obvious" at all if that will happen or not... and I still hope for it to happen

It's kind of obvious to me at least. The two Mega Lucario belong to Korrina and her grandpa. Since the anime puts more emphasis on bonds more than the games, it would be awkward if the grandpa simply gives him his. At this point I fear he may not even get a Key Stone (To which I vehemently pray that I'm wrong), what with the Mega Evolution stuff being done by non-main cast characters.

The two Mega Lucario belong to Korrina and her grandpa.

Or both belong to Korrina while her grandpa is just giving orders to one of them in their practice battle... not like it matters much, he could get the second Lucario wether it belongs ro Korrina too or to her grandpa

Since the anime puts more emphasis on bonds more than the games, it would be awkward if the grandpa simply gives him his.

You're forgetting the fact that, if they follow the game story, and the established Ash/aura background, Lucario could be "interested" in Ash... the anime proved many times a good trainer will give up on his Pokémon and set it free or give it to someone else if that is what the Pokémon truly wants or what will be better for it... so it is exactly due to said bond that Korrina (or her grandpa) might give Ash that Lucario

At this point I fear he may not even get a Key Stone (To which I vehemently pray that I'm wrong),

No way. Do you seriously believe they won't bring back Ash's Charizard for mega evolution?... it is not even a question, they'll DEFINITELY do it...
Actually, I'm 100% sure Alan will eventually appear in the actual show and we will have a Mega Charizard battle between him and Ash (so that also means Ash's one will get the Y mega)

what with the Mega Evolution stuff being done by non-main cast characters.

Well, obviously... someone HAS to introduce it to the main cast before the main cast will do it... also, the mega evolution concept doesn't seem nearly as "secret" or "limited-people-only" thing as it was in game

Or both belong to Korrina while her grandpa is just giving orders to one of them in their practice battle... not like it matters much, he could get the second Lucario wether it belongs ro Korrina too or to her grandpa
I find it difficult to believe that a trainer can Mega Evolve someone else's Pokemon. In the games, maybe, but it's harder to imagine for the anime.

You're forgetting the fact that, if they follow the game story, and the established Ash/aura background, Lucario could be "interested" in Ash... the anime proved many times a good trainer will give up on his Pokémon and set it free or give it to someone else if that is what the Pokémon truly wants or what will be better for it... so it is exactly due to said bond that Korrina (or her grandpa) might give Ash that Lucario

If they followed the in-game story, it would be Ash instead of the grandpa fighting.

No way. Do you seriously believe they won't bring back Ash's Charizard for mega evolution?... it is not even a question, they'll DEFINITELY do it...
Actually, I'm 100% sure Alan will eventually appear in the actual show and we will have a Mega Charizard battle between him and Ash (so that also means Ash's one will get the Y mega)

Well, they do like to milk Charizard, so there's weight on those words.

Well, obviously... someone HAS to introduce it to the main cast before the main cast will do it... also, the mega evolution concept doesn't seem nearly as "secret" or "limited-people-only" thing as it was in game

I guess, I mean if even one-shot characters like the granny with the Mawile and the guy named Louie with the Garchomp can have Key Stone, than surely the main character can have at least one of his own.

I find it difficult to believe that a trainer can Mega Evolve someone else's Pokemon. In the games, maybe, but it's harder to imagine for the anime.

tbh while they blabbered a lot about mega evo being about the "bond between pkmn to trainer" - it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with that at all... I mean, it's merely a reaction of a Mega Stone to a Key Stone... so it doesn't look like you really HAVE to have a real bond with the pkmn... and even if you do, they'll make it a "Lucario is so connected to you it's like you have a deep bond already!" thing lmao

If they followed the in-game story, it would be Ash instead of the grandpa fighting.

What if the grandpa battle is a quick interrupted training scene while we do get a true Lucario VS Lucario battle later on with Ash VS Korrina mirroring the game battle? (I'll admit I'm desperately clinging to my hopes of Ash getting a Lucario, but I honestly think it's possible they'll do it)
Ahh this reminds me the good old DP days...
#auraholic #Lucario4Ash

Am I the only one who doesn't want Ash to just be handed a Lucario? I love Lucario, and yea it would be great for Ash to have one. But for him just to get one that's already trained and can Mega Evolve? I'd be a little annoyed about that.

Give him a Riolu :p

Why would Ash be given Korrina's Lucario? It doesn't make any sense. Korrina and Lucario seem to have an especially strong bond in the anime; they are shown battling at least two opponents even before Ash and co. arrive to the Shalour Gym. Just because something happens in the games does not mean it will happen in the anime.

But I do hope Korrina uses that Lucario when Ash challenges her to a gym battle.

The writers are willing to give the Kalos Gym Leaders different Pokemon than what they had used in their game Gym Battles. I don't want Ash to fight another Machoke in a Fighting-type Gym.

Now on to XY024. Ash fishes up a Skrelp. Possible capture?? Probably not, but one can dream. I for one would be stoked

Ash already has an amphibious Water-type. Catching a waterborne pokemon like Skrelp is a liability; there's no reason for Ash to catch this Pokemon.

Why would Ash be given Korrina's Lucario? It doesn't make any sense. Korrina and Lucario seem to have an especially strong bond in the anime; they are shown battling at least two opponents even before Ash and co. arrive to the Shalour Gym. Just because something happens in the games does not mean it will happen in the anime.

But I do hope Korrina uses that Lucario when Ash challenges her to a gym battle.

The writers are willing to give the Kalos Gym Leaders different Pokemon than what they had used in their game Gym Battles. I don't want Ash to fight another Machoke in a Fighting-type Gym.

Ash already has an amphibious Water-type. Catching a waterborne pokemon like Skrelp is a liability; there's no reason for Ash to catch this Pokemon.

Because it's also a poison type that evolves into a sweet Poison/Dragon. It could also balance on its tail or something. But yea not going to lie, I really can't see that happening

Dragalge fits better than Skrelp, but either would work on his team. The Skrelp line is primarily a poison type and at some point Ash is going to have a Fairy type Gym Leader to beat. He's not going to do that just on the back of Pikachu's iron tail and a possible Fletchling evolution. He needs a 2nd Pokemon to address that upcoming battle. The only gen 6 lines with a type advantage over the Fairy type are the Skrelp, Honedge and Klefki lines; and I can't really see Ash with Honedge or Klefki.

Dragalge would work for Ash as his regional "wall". It's solid but isn't overpowered. It has a decent offensive movepool. It's gives him good defensive type coverage and offensively fills a useful niche in his upcoming gym battles(the only gym's it wouldn't be useful in are the last two(the psychic and ice type gyms)).

There's no reason they can't have a Dragalge move the same way Seviper did or even use it's wings as a set of legs. It won't be the fastest Pokemon on his team, but it would still be functional on land.

There's no reason they can't have a Dragalge move the same way Seviper did or even use it's wings as a set of legs. It won't be the fastest Pokemon on his team, but it would still be functional on land.

I always Imagined Dragalge can fly through the air similar to Dragonair. I could see him maybe catching Skrelp and it getting a relatively fast evolution. It wouldn't really be able to do much out of water as a Skrelp so I think it would probably evolve before leaving costal kalos and before its first gym battle. If he gets one in xy024, I think it would evolve in time for Ramos

Corocoro's out and Hawlucha is on the Diancle poster with Flechinder and the starters.

I'm now pretty sure Ash gets that Hawlucha.

Looks like Fletchling will evolve soon, and Ash may catch a Hawlucha. Interesting addition if he does. Not something I would have predicted.

No Skrelp on the movie poster makes me sad :(

Ash with two birds? o_O I doubt it but we'll see, maybe Hawlucha goes to Serena? Hawlucha looks so random in that poster.

I expected Fletchling to evolve soon. It has to follow the same suit as Ash's other birds.

Hawlucha was a surprising addition, though. I genuinely expected Korrina to catch it since she has one in the games.

EDIT: New X/Y anime merchandise will be released in a few months. It contains Diancie, Carbink, and Klefki from M17 and Klefki short, respectively. It will also feature Grant's Tyrunt from the anime. What is most interesting is that Fletchinder and Hawlucha are featured as merchandise. We know Hawlucha will appear in the anime soon, but so will other Pokemon like Skrelp (XY024), Swirlix/Slurpuff (XY026), and Flabebe (XY027). This means both Hawlucha and Fletchinder will appear in the anime and movie. Fletchinder is probably Ash's evolved Fletchling. A caption in between Hawlucha and Fletchinder reads "Satoshi's Pokemon," so this means Ash will most likely catch the Hawlucha.

Last edited:
If Ash does indeed get a Hawlucha, I feel that it will have initial obedience problems. It seems too tough for him to handle (as of now). Which I wouldn't mind. It would also be interesting to see how it gets along with his other Pokemon.

And I know Ash has had several of the same type of Pokemon on his team before, but two birds? Two beaks? Two sets of talons? Two Birds of Prey? Tw- Okay I'll stop.

If Ash does indeed get a Hawlucha, I feel that it will have initial obedience problems. It seems too tough for him to handle (as of now). Which I wouldn't mind. It would also be interesting to see how it gets along with his other Pokemon.

And I know Ash has had several of the same type of Pokemon on his team before, but two birds? Two beaks? Two sets of talons? Two Birds of Prey? Tw- Okay I'll stop.

Stylistically Hawlucha fits Ash too well to worry about the "two flying types" aspect of it(small, fast, heavy hitting and should play well to the younger audience).

I don't foresee obedience problems with Hawlucha. However, given that it is the "wrestling" Pokemon; odds are it will be a big time show-boater like some WWE characters. Could lead to a bit of an initial personality clash, but I don't see outright disobedience. More likely it will be a similar plot line to Dawn and her Togekiss.

Hawlucha? Okay, I guess. I can defenitly see it having an epic fight against Korrinas Hawlucha in the 3d gym battle.

Wonder if Serena will catch anything?

I don't mind Ash getting 2 birds, since they both have good Duel typing's. Adding a Fighting type is always a good option, and of course Fletchling evolves into a fire type so that covers that part of his team. Fletchinder will most likely remain his main Flying pokemon.

Still no sign of a Grass type for Ash. They really are shaking things up with his captures this region

Back
Top Bottom