• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I would love to see Ash with a Mega Sceptile! If Ash was ever to get a Mega pokemon in the way, way future, my first choice at this point would go for Mega Sceptile.

And it would be better in general than the overused Mega Charizard at this point.

Let's hope that in the Ash anime that Mega Sceptile will be Ash's, but unfortunately there's no guarantee.

I would love to see Ash with a Mega Sceptile! If Ash was ever to get a Mega pokemon in the way, way future, my first choice at this point would go for Mega Sceptile.

And it would be better in general than the overused Mega Charizard at this point.

Let's hope that in the Ash anime that Mega Sceptile will be Ash's, but unfortunately there's no guarantee.

Mega-zard has been over used, but mega sceptile doesn't appeal to me.
Now everyone join me in keeping our fingers crossed for the announcement of a Mega-Torkoal.

One thing I want to ponder on is Serena getting a Noibat in next weeks episode.

There is promotional art for the Diancie movie where there is a Noibat with the rest of Ash and co's Pokemon. Ash's Hawlucha is with them as well so it's safe to assume Clemont or Serena may get one?

There is promotional art for the Diancie movie where there is a Noibat with the rest of Ash and co's Pokemon. Ash's Hawlucha is with them as well so it's safe to assume Clemont or Serena may get one?

Nah. You'd think it'd be in the opening if she did

I think someone will catch an eevee because it is Kalos native and was not part of mAin cast for two sagas. Maybe clemont will have a jolteon. They just love eeveelutions. (Gary, may, sakura, zoey had one and i don't think they'd miss the opportunity to give someone another) I don't think Sylveon is going to happen though.

And I know everyone thinks Ash will get a Skiddo or a Phantump but it'd be interesting if he gets a Leafeon.

Don't see it to be honest. Serena is all about cuteness and i don't think she'll turn goth and get a noibat.

With all the fuzz about mega evolution and the remakes of Ruby and Saphire, do you think it's possible for Pikachu to get a light ball?

Don't see it to be honest. Serena is all about cuteness and i don't think she'll turn goth and get a noibat.

With all the fuzz about mega evolution and the remakes of Ruby and Saphire, do you think it's possible for Pikachu to get a light ball?
Why would Pikachu need a Light Ball for? It already learned Volt Tackle back in the R/S/E anime, and I don't see him relearning it unless they incorporate move re-learners into the anime. That said I think you were meant to say Mega Stone, am I right?

I don't see Pikachu getting a Mega Stone, as people would probably prefer one for Raichu.

That said, with ORAS introducing new Mega's I do hope Hawlucha get's one. That'd make it even more amazing than it already is.

Why would Pikachu need a Light Ball for? It already learned Volt Tackle back in the R/S/E anime, and I don't see him relearning it unless they incorporate move re-learners into the anime. That said I think you were meant to say Mega Stone, am I right?

I don't see Pikachu getting a Mega Stone, as people would probably prefer one for Raichu.

That said, with ORAS introducing new Mega's I do hope Hawlucha get's one. That'd make it even more amazing than it already is.

I was asking for the light ball because it powers up pikachu's special moves. It seems everything and the kitchen sink gets a mega nowadays so this means Pikachu will probably be left out (that's the anime for ya..). A light ball would be a nice way to boost the little electric mouse AND promote some of the previous generations at the same time.

That's great that Ash will get Hawlucha....2nd fighting pokemon for Ash. His first one was Primate who is still in training.

Speaking of Ash's 2 pokemon that are still in training....does anyone think those two will ever return to Ash for good?

It'd be his third actually, Scraggy was a fighting type too.

You forgot Infernape. (Of all the Pokèmon you could forget)

Also Heracross and Pignite.

That's great that Ash will get Hawlucha....2nd fighting pokemon for Ash. His first one was Primate who is still in training.

Speaking of Ash's 2 pokemon that are still in training....does anyone think those two will ever return to Ash for good?

It'd be his third actually, Scraggy was a fighting type too.

You forgot Infernape. (Of all the Pokèmon you could forget)

Also Heracross and Pignite.

I've actually counted Infernape lawlz(in my mind it was Infernape, Primeape, Scraggy) just forgot about Heracross and Pignite :|

Hi guys. I'm sorry if this is off topic but there's something I want to check. I've been seeing alot of stuff about Ash getting a Hawlucha and I want to know if that's confirmed or not.

Hi guys. I'm sorry if this is off topic but there's something I want to check. I've been seeing alot of stuff about Ash getting a Hawlucha and I want to know if that's confirmed or not.

I don't think it's been outright 100% confirmed, but its 99% certain.
And not before time either, Ash is desperate for more Pokes, he only has 3, still could be like poor Serena and only have one.
It's Game Freak's fault for only introducing 72 new Pokemon, there's a much narrower pool to choose from than say Unova where there was 156 and Ash had like a team of 12 but rotating.

And not before time either, Ash is desperate for more Pokes, he only has 3, still could be like poor Serena and only have one.
It's Game Freak's fault for only introducing 72 new Pokemon, there's a much narrower pool to choose from than say Unova where there was 156 and Ash had like a team of 12 but rotating.
Okay just wondering.

As if the 2nd opening wasn't one big fat ball of 100% confirmation.

As if the 2nd opening wasn't one big fat ball of 100% confirmation.

I've not seen the 2nd opening, and I wasn't stating fact I said "I think"

Yes because there aren't other 600 Pokémon besides the 72 new ones. It is like people forget older Pokémon exist when a new generation is released. So it is not Game Freak's fault Ash and Serena don't want to catch more Pokémon the show, there are plenty of older and newer Pokémon they could catch. Also, we are still very early in the show, before the 40th episode, there is no need for rushing captures just for the sake of pleasing a few anxious people.

Lastly, Ash catching a lot of Pokémon in Best Wishes was AWFUL, that should never happen again (Game Freak introducing more than 100 Pokémon in a new generation should never happen again also). I'd rather see him with Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha and the ugly bird during the whole show rather than Ash rotating more than ten Pokémon again.

Yes because there aren't other 600 Pokémon besides the 72 new ones. It is like people forget older Pokémon exist when a new generation is released. So it is not Game Freak's fault Ash and Serena don't want to catch more Pokémon the show, there are plenty of older and newer Pokémon they could catch. Also, we are still very early in the show, before the 40th episode, there is no need for rushing captures just for the sake of pleasing a few anxious people.

Lastly, Ash catching a lot of Pokémon in Best Wishes was AWFUL, that should never happen again (Game Freak introducing more than 100 Pokémon in a new generation should never happen again also). I'd rather see him with Pikachu, Froakie, Hawlucha and the ugly bird during the whole show rather than Ash rotating more than ten Pokémon again.

Are you having trouble remembering them all or something? The first 5 gens all had more than 100 new Pokemon, I can't see why you want less bang for your buck with the new ones. When I buy a new game, I don't want to be forced to still use Pokemon I've used before. I loved Gen 5 for the very reason that they was suddenly so many new ones to play about with and explore.

Also the cartoon is a giant advert for the games, the characters rarely ever capture a Pokemon outside that gen, on the odd occasion they do like, Gligar for instance, its so they can evolve into Gliscor later on.

72 is a very small pool to choose from, it's actually less than 72 due to legendaries and evolutionary families.

Are you having trouble remembering them all or something? The first 5 gens all had more than 100 new Pokemon, I can't see why you want less bang for your buck with the new ones. When I buy a new game, I don't want to be forced to still use Pokemon I've used before. I loved Gen 5 for the very reason that they was suddenly so many new ones to play about with and explore.

Also the cartoon is a giant advert for the games, the characters rarely ever capture a Pokemon outside that gen, on the odd occasion they do like, Gligar for instance, its so they can evolve into Gliscor later on.

72 is a very small pool to choose from, it's actually less than 72 due to legendaries and evolutionary families.

I understand your opinion about starting a game fresh by using only new Pokemon, thats the reason why so many people liked BW. On the other hand, there are a lot of Pokemon fans that want to use there favourites through out a story as well. Some people want less bang because they are satisfied with the things they got instead of constantly getting newer Pokemon.

To me, GF gave us BW for a fresh start and XY for the nostalgia.

As a connection to the anime: I don't see why the main gang is limited to the available Gen VI Pokemon while there are so many Pokemon to choose from! As I mentioned, XY gave us lots of nostalgic feelings with all the older Pokemon. I think there is a good chance that all the main characters get a pre-Gen VI Pokemon as a reference to the games' wide range of available Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom