• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Honestly, with all the foreshadowing that's been going on in this series, it would be a complete and utter slap in the face to any pokemon fan if he didn't have an evolved roster by DP series end. With the exception of pikachu of course.

I mean...chimchar should become a super powerhouse to go up against Paul's magmar/magmortor or torterra. In all honesty, I'd prefer it kicked the crap out of electabuzz/electivire...but im sure that will be left to pikachu.

Buizel has a sensational hunger for battle and getting stronger, especially after that battle with the bronzong...so it's gotta evolve.

Turtwig not evolveing would be a complete waste in giveing ash that particular grass pokemon...it's never gonna be bulbasuar so they might as well try to redeem their mistakes with bayleef and give and interesting second stage grass starter for Ash.

gliscor is done

staravia needs to evolve into staraptor especially since paul now has a Honchcrow...staravia would have enough trouble with pauls murkcrow...but it would get owned by honchrow...evolution is a must.

the whole getting a riolu is pointless now...what are they gonna do with it??? He has too many other pokes to worry about...u guys want gliscor to be treated like his johto pokemon, cuz that's the one that's gonna get tossed away most likely.

Ash's Team:

Chimchar ~ I want it to evolve; what's taking so long?
Turtwig ~ It should at least make it to Grotle...
Buizel ~ Don't really care if this one evolves or not.
Staravia ~ Meh. Don't really care if this one does either, although it probably will end up evolving.
Gliscor ~ I don't want to see this one get sent to Oak. I really don't. :/

Dawn's Team:

Piplup ~ Probably evolves in the final episode for Dawn or maybe not even then.
Buneary ~ I guess it could evolve...
Swinub ~ Duh it'll evolve.

Brock's Team:

Happiny ~ Don't care, although I'm kind of leaning towards not wanting it to evolve.
Croagunk ~ I want to stay as Croagunk. :]

I can't really think of any captures for any of them really...Dawn doesn't really need anymore since Piplup is practically the only Pokemon she'll use anyway! ... :/

I heard they showed Grotle and Piloswine cards in the last "Pokémon Sunday" episode...
If that's right (anyone have a pictures of that so we'll have a "proof"?) it's even more obvious than it was that Turtwig will evolve into Grotle soon probably in DP 100
And that might hint that Swinub will evolve soon too (they also like to have captures/evolutions close) I knew they'll rush Swinub's evolution

They just did a video game tournament in yesterday's episode. The preview for next week shows that they'll be focusing on the cards. They showed a close up of a Potchama one as well as some energy card, but the other ones are too blurry to make out. I don't think Piloswine is even in the new set, so I don't think we'll be seeing that card next week.

I could totally see Paul catching a powerful water type like a Gyarados. He is lacking a water type so he should get one if the writers decide to give him one.

Korobooshi Kojiro:
Well, All About Pokemon Figures shows that there will be a Monferno figure coming out January 17th (the other figure posted back awhile go belonged to a Platinum set, so it was seemingly about the game) but this figure is the same type of figure as the Grotle one.

These aren't always set in stone, but in the past they've matched up with evolutions.

There's also a Toxicroak and Phione one coming out around that time too (although I really really don't think Croagunk will evolve now)

After these figuers were right a number of times and most recently with Grotle - I take them as almost confirmed
So Chimchar is likely to evolve until January and we also have hints for Swinub
I think they'll both evolve in December and probably in a one hour special just like they aired the Starly+Bonsly episodes together in December 2006

Yeah, it was fairly obvious Monferno was happening soon. Lots of people want Infernape so it might evolve later on just like Grovyle did to Sceptile.

I'm still pulling for a Buizel evolution, its personality is kind of like Charizard/Sceptile's so hopefully Buizel evo's too.

I'm expecting a Buizel evo somewhere in the first quarter of 2009. It's blatantly obvious that Buizel is going to evolve since he's this saga's badass (Sceptile, Charizard). Also, the eppy title of his premier ep adds a little hint to it as well (Buizel! The Road to Strength!)

Remember, Buizel has only one evolution, so the writers usually hold those back until all 3-stage-pokemon have evolved at least once. Exception for Piplup of course. And by first quarter 2009, we should have Grotle/Monferno and possibly Piloswine on the team.

Hopefully, and Staraptor is a given as well since Ash's birds always reach their final form.

I think Grotle will stay in its second stage though, so all of Ash's Pokes this saga will have evolved at least once.

Aside from Kingler, Buizel is the only water type Ash might evolve. Squirtle didn't because of the Squirtle Squad and Corphish had the debateable dark type evo with Crawdaunt, but there is nothing holding Buizel back.

Hopefully, and Staraptor is a given as well since Ash's birds always reach their final form.
Agreed. Also, an evolution at episode 14 just screams that it will reach its final stage.
I think Grotle will stay in its second stage though, so all of Ash's Pokes this saga will have evolved at least once.
I really don't know about this one. It could stay in its middle form forever, since Paul got his Torterra. Or the writers could just randomly evolve it, it's a little unpredictable.
Aside from Kingler, Buizel is the only water type Ash might evolve. Squirtle didn't because of the Squirtle Squad and Corphish had the debateable dark type evo with Crawdaunt, but there is nothing holding Buizel back.
Yeah, this adds to it as well. Dark type evolution, Squirtle Squad (or belonging to a group of some kind), Johto syndrome... Buizel has nothing of this in its way.

ASH

I dont think Ash will get a Staraptor, remember what happend last time one of his flying pokemon got so big they could fly him around? Oh that poor poor Pigot he's probally still waiting for him.

Buizel might evolve but he is already kickass so mabey not for quite a wile If hes gonna evolve its probally going to be late in D/P or in a follow up series like another Battle Fronteir.

Turtwig HAS TO EVOLVE probally wont get past Grotle because Paul already has a Torterra.

Chimchar will hopefully get to Infernape but probally in battles with paul for that whole Chimchar vs Paul dynamic.

BROCK

Brocks party is fine as it is but if Happiny evolves it will probally be given to a Nurse Joy that is lacking Chanseys

DAWN

Piplup is not going to evolve for a long time if ever

Buneary might but there goes the love pikachu thing out the window

Swinub oh Swinub I have a felling it will evolve into Mamoswine but that would make a not very "Dawn" pokemon as all of hers arnt verry big or menising

JAMES

His lineup needs another pokemon, the sad part is it could be anything from magikarp to agron to Tangela or Tangrowth

JESSIE

Is toally fine as of now you have to admit Yanmega is Bad Ass

Last edited:
I dont think Ash will get a Staraptor, remember what happend last time one of his flying pokemon got so big they could fly him around? Oh that poor poor Pigot he's probally still waiting for him.

Staraptor isn't that big, is it? Even so, Ash doesn't release Pokemon anymore so that point is moot. The writers aren't going to repeat the same mistake they made 10 years ago.

He probally will get a 6th pokemon he always has 6 in every region but who knows what it will be

His 6th Pokemon is Gligar/Gliscor, which he's had for a few months now.

huh must have miscounted sorry thanks for pointing that out

And who knows he might release it again or just Oak it

Last edited:

i am praying that staravia stays exactly like it is just so that this pattern will finally be debunked like most of the others have.

What I think:

Ash

Pikachu: It's a given, bleh.
Staraptor: Emohawk would be the only bird of his to evolve twice.
Grotle: Confirmed, I don't see a Torterra(they're going for an Infernape vs Empoleon vs Torterra thing in the League).
Infernape: See above. Plus it would be the one to eat Paul's Torterra.
Floatzel: It's getting a lot of battles and screentime, and nothing holds it back.
Gliscor: It's staying, sorry to the Auraholics.

Gliscor: It's staying, sorry to the Auraholics.

Finally. Someone needed to say that. I don't get the big deal with people saying Ash MUST catch Riolu/Lucario anyways. He doesn't need it. If the "Riolu Egg" plot is put into the anime, the only one I can see getting the egg would be Dawn, as every other girl main character had a Pokemon that hatched from an egg, and Dawn hasn't yet.

Lucario for Ash would mean a major change of pace for ash, with all the mind stuff.
It would trow of everything for own awesome thing.
I see him getting Riolu at some point, but not soon.

However...
Lucario HAS fanbase.

Why are people insisting Staraptor is emo? Today, emo means little more than 'sad' or 'cranky and in a bad mood' I guess every pokemo that's frowning in it's sprite is emo as well. "Smile or you're emo dammit!"

The next evo will be Nando's Roselia.

Back
Top Bottom