• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I've got a question to ask all of you:With the way Ash's team is shaping up so far in XY do you think that he will finally get a fully-evolved team?

I think he won't just like all the other sagas since it is pretty much a rule that Ash has to have at least one unevolved Pokémon per series.

I've got a question to ask all of you:With the way Ash's team is shaping up so far in XY do you think that he will finally get a fully-evolved team?

I think he won't just like all the other sagas since it is pretty much a rule that Ash has to have at least one unevolved Pokémon per series.

Stupid question, but i'll ask it anyway. Does this potentially fully evolved team include pikachu, or just his kalos pokemon? I personally like to think with all the changes they've made in the xy series, i.e ash being much more competent, evolving froakie, amourshipping, etc, that they are winding down ash's story to it's climax, which might entail pikachu evolving at one point or another.

Wishful thinking? Yes it is. One can dream however.

Back to the question at hand, it could be argued that ash always getting the grass type starters and never evolving his water starters were "rules" in of themselves, so the comparison is imperfect.

Since we kind of know Ash is going to have a full team soon(but not his sixth Pokemon qq), do you guys think Serena or Clemont will catch more Pokemon?

I don't think Pancham's going to evolve, but Serena might have a Delphox by the time she participates in the Master Class TriPokalon, to be honest, I hope she gets a grass type like Bellossom and an electric type maybe an Electrike? She might end up for 4 total Pokemon, or 6..

Maybe that Electrike will go to Clemont? Who knows..but we might also get Mega Luxray in the next games probably

My predictions, of course..

I don't think Pancham's going to evolve

The thing with Pancham is that it can't possibly evolve unless Serena catches a Dark-type Pokémon, which is unlikely but not impossible at this point.

Honestly, I think Pancham will remain unevolved like Clemont's Chespin; they seem to have a rivalry going and evolving just one of them could get in the way of that.

Maybe that Electrike will go to Clemont? Who knows..but we might also get Mega Luxray in the next games probably

I think Clemont is done with captures at this point. He already has a fully evolved powerhouse on his team, and after the gym battle there really isn't much else he will do on the main cast.

The thing with Pancham is that it can't possibly evolve unless Serena catches a Dark-type Pokémon, which is unlikely but not impossible at this point.

Honestly, I think Pancham will remain unevolved like Clemont's Chespin; they seem to have a rivalry going and evolving just one of them could get in the way of that.
I highly doubt Serena herself will need to catch a Dark type.

The anime has always played around with rules of evolution a little bit and I think for Pancham to evolve, it will just need to be around some other dark type. This would ideally happen after Ash's Frogadier becomes Greninja so Pancham would only need to be around it to evolve.

I think Clemont is done with captures at this point. He already has a fully evolved powerhouse on his team, and after the gym battle there really isn't much else he will do on the main cast.
Indeed. Brock and Cilan's teams were cemented early on and there is no reason to treat Clemont any differently after the gym battle. Chespin evolving toward the very end of the saga is the most I can see happening.

Indeed. Brock and Cilan's teams were cemented early on and there is no reason to treat Clemont any differently after the gym battle. Chespin evolving toward the very end of the saga is the most I can see happening.
Don't you think it is a bit early to say he won't be catching any more Pokémon for the rest of the XY series?

No. Of course he could catch one more, but it wouldn't serve any point. Expecting it to happen is futile.
Unless he got a Pokémon with a problem to overcome which could give Clemont something to do.

Possibly even help develop Clemont himself.

Unless he got a Pokémon with a problem to overcome which could give Clemont something to do.

Possibly even help develop Clemont himself.
That should have happened with Luxio. The fact that the problem was quickly resolved speaks volumes.

Besides, if the writers do want to give Clemont a post-gym storyline, they should focus on Chespin. It seems less than pleased about Clemont not using it in the gym.

The anime has always played around with rules of evolution a little bit and I think for Pancham to evolve, it will just need to be around some other dark type. This would ideally happen after Ash's Frogadier becomes Greninja so Pancham would only need to be around it to evolve.

The anime has started to use the same game requirements for evolution in AG. No longer do Pokemon evolve without trading (i.e. Poliwhirl into Politoed) or evolution stones (i.e. James' second Weepinbell into Victreebel). I don't think Serena's Pancham will evolve without Serena actually having a Dark-type on her own.

Hm..looking at the Pikachu Short poster again...

seems like Fletchinder and Frogadier aren't evolving this year(unless this poster is a placeholder) well, placeholder or not, I think they'll evolve around January 2016(a longshot, but its possible I guess >.>)

seems like Fletchinder and Frogadier aren't evolving this year(unless this poster is a placeholder) well, placeholder or not, I think they'll evolve around January 2016(a longshot, but its possible I guess >.>)
You do realize that there will be five months left after the movie, right? We don't have spoilers for the entire year.

You do realize that there will be five months left after the movie, right? We don't have spoilers for the entire year.

Yeah...I thought so, my expectations are too high it seems e.e

I don't care if Frogadier evolves or not, but I want Fletchinder to evolve this year just to get that over with already.

Stupid question, but i'll ask it anyway. Does this potentially fully evolved team include pikachu, or just his kalos pokemon? I personally like to think with all the changes they've made in the xy series, i.e ash being much more competent, evolving froakie, amourshipping, etc, that they are winding down ash's story to it's climax, which might entail pikachu evolving at one point or another.

Wishful thinking? Yes it is. One can dream however.

Back to the question at hand, it could be argued that ash always getting the grass type starters and never evolving his water starters were "rules" in of themselves, so the comparison is imperfect.

I wouldn't exactly say Ash is more competent, maybe more than in BW but I still say in DP he was way better/smarter.

Pikachu will NEVER, EVER evolve into a Raichu, I bet you 500 bucks, easily it won't (not including a possible Mega). But there is a chance that every Poke he obtains in Kalos may evolve fully before the end. Goodra is already confirmed and he usually gets the fully evolve bird Pokemon, Greninja is pretty solid too, considering it's presents around the different medias. Hawlucha is fully evolved as well, with no evolution at all, though he can be considered as the only uninvolved poke as well. The deciding factor will be his sixth Pokemon, whatever it is in the end, that is, if he won't catch more than six (or five to be precise because Pikachu).
Well, such unwritten rules like Grass type starter (though Chespin may get traded to Ash for whatever reason, though it's unlikely) and never evolving Water starter are negated by now anyway, but there might be a few other, unwritten rules they may bend or break (and no I won't list any, too lazy).

Last edited:
I don't care if Frogadier evolves or not, but I want Fletchinder to evolve this year just to get that over with already.

What if the writers promised that Fletchinder would evolve?

Wouldn't you prefer to hear news that Frogadier is evolving?

I mean I suppose you might prefer Talonflame to Grenininja. But for Ash's team in particular, non bias, wouldn't knowing Greninja is going to happen be more beneficial than Talonflame?

I think Fletchinder will evolve between Lumiose and Laverre City gap, then Frogadier evolves and Ash catches his 6th and final mon between Laverre and Anistar.

Back
Top Bottom