• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm still going to say that he is going to get at leat 2 more Pokemon not 1 more.

So it would appears he is not going to get a new pokemon before his 5th gym battle with Clemont.

Perhaps he'll get his 5th Kalos pokemon before his 6th gym battle and one more before his final gym battle or after that before the league.

There's a rumor going around that Ash will release his Goodra.

According to the movie website, Ash's character profile includes all of his mons except Goodra (click on Ash in the fifth image below to get the link).

Back in 2009 (for the Arceus movie), Dawn's character sheet didn't include Ambipom, and we all know what happened with her.

There's a rumor going around that Ash will release his Goodra.

According to the movie website, Ash's character profile includes all of his mons except Goodra (click on Ash in the fifth image below to get the link).

Back in 2009 (for the Arceus movie), Dawn's character sheet didn't include Ambipom, and we all know what happened with her.

Why would do this?

Why would they screw Ash's team over by releasing Goodra?

This is a setback that doesn't benefit Ash.

There's also a rumor that the Noibat from the Pikachu Musical short will replace Goodra..though I think it's highly unlikely...Ash would have too much flying types.

There's lots of speculations thanks to that one small clip from yesterday/today, including who'll catch the Torchic? and that Snorlax? Both could be wild Pokemon.

There's also a rumor that the Noibat from the Pikachu Musical short will replace Goodra..though I think it's highly unlikely...Ash would have too much flying types.

There's lots of speculations thanks to that one small clip from yesterday/today, including who'll catch the Torchic? and that Snorlax? Both could be wild Pokemon.

I doubt it. Noibat, Torchic, Snorlax, and any other "uncaught" Pokemon featured in the short were not seen with any of the main characters on that link I just uploaded.

The only thing that changed from the main cast was Goodra's departure.

I doubt it. Noibat, Torchic, Snorlax, and any other "uncaught" Pokemon featured in the short were not seen with any of the main characters on that link I just uploaded.

The only thing that changed from the main cast was Goodra's departure.

To be fair, it's not like they spoiled a capture, on those sites in that way, as far as I am aware.

And they shouldn't but assuming your right.

Ash having 4 Pokemon from the time Ash releases Goodra to the movie, is why Goodra shouldn't even be released in the first place.

Edit: Thanks executive producers for making Goodra completely pointless.

I really don't want Goodra to be released:( It would be such a waste imo.

I was trying to stay optimistic, but with all of these instances of Goodra being gone while other group's Pokemon appear are making it harder and harder. Sigh...

Well, if they release Goodra, aren't the writers trying something new? Isn't that what most people like?

Hmm...although..it might not get enough development and they pull a Butterfree...(though I hope not) maybe Goodra was too big to fit in with Ash and his Pokemon on that picture.

IF they release Goodra, I think it needs a bit more development and a good reason to be released imo.

Man, if they release Goodra that would be a shame, a major letdown from XY series and I was really liking it, hopefully Goodra is not released.

I assume it's due to the long history of Pokémon anime and the fans' remembrance of the days (particularly the early Kanto) where Ash's Pokémon (including Dawn's Ambipom) leaves and never returns. Ash releasing a Pokémon is considered to be the worst case scenario for Goodra since there'll be no assurance if Goodra would return later in the same vein as Charizard or Gliscor.

I say wait until further informations about future episodes is unveiled before we jump to conclusion. It could be that the character sheet didn't have room to fit Goodra behind Ash in his profile. It could be that they forgot to include Goodra and that will be easily corrected a few days later. It could be that Goodra is not in movie physically, but it doesn't exempt it from still appearing the anime (aka like Pidgeotto in Mewtwo Strikes Back). Or there could be a ranger of sort who watches over Goodra's forest home and he promises to watch over Goodra while Ash is away, acting as the potential way for Goodra to come back later in the series.

Personally, I find releasing Pokémon to be rather wasteful in terms of storytelling and prefer a Chariffic Valley or Oak scenario if a Pokémon has to leave.

Goodra's release is still not confirmed, it may have just been left out the short because its a larger Pokémon, though I'd have thought they'd leave out Luray too.

I'm gonna be the one to bring up Pumpkaboo's potential evolution again...

Honestly, I'd be more optimistic if it wasn't for the fact that it's missing from the bio. There's very little reason for it to not be there, and considering what happened with Ambipom, I'm not exactly positive on Goodra's fate at the moment.

Well, if they release Goodra, aren't the writers trying something new? Isn't that what most people like?
First off this isn't new. Secondly, people only like positive changes or new. This isn't new nor is it positive nor is it a good thing. Might as well just release all of his Pokemon and stick with Pikachu. That would be new.

We need to make sure we will like Goodra first, which has not been on an episode yet, before we make a decision that we like it or not. Some Pokemon turn from good to bad, with evolving or some is the opposite, go from a bad beginner and get to be loved after it evolved.

First off this isn't new. Secondly, people only like positive changes or new. This isn't new nor is it positive nor is it a good thing. Might as well just release all of his Pokemon and stick with Pikachu. That would be new.

Derp...I meant something bold(where the hell did "new" come from?) I need more sleep -.-"

Just adding that Goodra's chances of staying on the main cast aren't looking too good now.

Dawn's Ambipom was not seen on her trainer's bio when the M13 website was launched sometime around March 2009. Ambipom left the main cast at the end of an episode that aired in April 2009, which was well before M13 came out that July.

Whatever the case may be for Goodra, we know it won't be on the main cast in July. Sometime between late April and M18, Ash will release/give away Goodra.

♪Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried♪Let it go-odra♪ Let it go-odra♪Can't have a pseudo anymore♪Let the fans rage on♪Fairies never bother me anyway♪

If he's indeed released, I'm sure that he will come back in the league.

This reinforces the "Ash's sixth Pokemon will be Charizard/Sceptile as Mega" theory, with Ash capturing his "new fifth" Pokemon between badges 5-6, evolving Fletchinder and his "new fifth" between badges 6-7 and evolving Frogadier and retrieving said Pokemon between badges 7-8.

Now, Noibat, Snorlax and Torchic:

-Noibat is related to sound and the short is about music, so its not there by random, and it doesn't has chemistry with Serena or Clemont nor it doesn't fill a required role.
-Snorlax:Due to its personality, it wouldn't do much outside being badass in gym battles so I don't think it will be caught, and also is a regular Pokemon on shorts.
-Torchic: Its weird to see only one of the three Hoenn starters being used, so I think it may be caught. However, it doesn't fill a required or interesting role on Serena or Clemont's teams. It would be interesting if Torchic would be the offspring of Meyer's Blaziken. The only expalation I have is that Serena will have a Mudkip, and with the Treecko guy coming they decided to show Torchic somewhere and this short was the only spot left. (?)
And I remember the movie bios last year didn't showed Hawlucha and showed Fletching until later in the year, so it's possile there is some capture in the time we have left.

And I remember the movie bios last year didn't showed Hawlucha and showed Fletching until later in the year, so it's possile there is some capture in the time we have left.

Even more of a reason to support Goodra being released. If Goodra was going to stay on the main cast, Ash's character bio would feature the Pokemon in its current form (Sliggoo) much like Fletchling in last year's bio.

I say it's too early to even suggest that Goodra is even going to be released, since I don't even what exactly the situation is going to be. The fact that we haven't even seen the previews featuring Sliggoo evolving is really a testimony to how crazy this speculation became today. Come to think of it, Ash's bio page looks awfully crowded with all of his Pokémon. I wonder where Sliggoo or Goodra would be since it's a bit larger and taller than most Pokémon of the main cast, but there seems to be no room behind or at the side for it.

Back
Top Bottom