• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Reaction score
Wait, I am dreaming or something but Ash having a FULLY Evolved [email protected]! What the hell are writers doing this saga, first glorifying Ash and having him sweep trainers, then now this?

8D
Reaction score
So right now Ash would have:

- Pikachu
- Ash Greninja
- Talonflame
- Hawlucha
- Noivern

and if that Mega Sceptile is his (which I really hope it is) then that is one really solid team! So excited for it!

Also, interesting that there's no Eevee evo spoilers but I guess that'll just happen at a later time. Personally hoping for Sylveon for Serena.

Reaction score
I predict this team will be the best of all time, surpassing the mighty DP team, OMG!!! you go Ash! *.*

XY
Reaction score
I'm still praying Eevee will end up as an Umbreon even if that seems unlikely and that they'll also use that to evolve Pancham. And I'm totally expecting Braixen to evolve at the very end of XY&Z like May's Blaziken at the end of AG.
Didn't we have a rather convincing hint of Chespin evolving soon? (that VA signatures thing)
I'm almost tempted to predict the entire group will have a fully evolved team by the end, especially if they truly dare evolve Chespin despite being the token cute funny unevolved starter.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I think we did have some evidence of Chespin's evolution, though, I think we need some more convincing evidence, maybe him on a poster as a Quilladin.

8D
Reaction score
If Chespin doesn't evolve maybe the Quilladin is Manon's?

Or the poster only covers a specific amount of time in the anime and Chespin (as well as probably Eevee) will evolve way after the Team Flare arcs.

XY
Reaction score
The Quilladin came from a paper with signatures of all voice actors with their character listed next to them, and ALL of them were main cast members and their Pokémon.
Mairin herself wasn't credited there, so surely her Pokémon wouldn't either. It was all twerps and TRio.
I can only guess we'll probably get Quilladin around early 2016 or so...

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
The Quilladin came from a paper with signatures of all voice actors with their character listed next to them, and ALL of them were main cast members and their Pokémon.
Mairin herself wasn't credited there, so surely her Pokémon wouldn't either. It was all twerps and TRio.
Which would probably mean that there are more spoilers than the XY&Z poster is showing us, or at least there will be.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
And for the very first time Ash doesn't have both grass and fire type Pokémon in his team at once.
It depends on your definition of team. Do you mean Ash's main team in each region once it is complete? Because there are plenty of times when Ash didn't have both a Fire-type and a Grass-type on his team at once, including in DP at the Lily Conference. Ash had Pikachu, Muk, Noctowl, Donphan, Torkoal, and Glalie at the end of DP182.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Going by Bulbapedia's base stats, Ash's team are quite fast

Pikachu: 90
Greninja: 122
Talonflame: 126
Hawlucha: 118
Noivern: 123

If he brings back Sceptile and Mega Evolves, he would be very fast, quite a fast team

Dragon Master
Reaction score
Where has Quilladin shown up? Papers?

All about me
Reaction score
Going by Bulbapedia's base stats, Ash's team are quite fast

Pikachu: 90
Greninja: 122
Talonflame: 126
Hawlucha: 118
Noivern: 123

If he brings back Sceptile and Mega Evolves, he would be very fast, quite a fast team
Anime doesn't active stats except for exceptions.
The anime does take stats overall. There's a reason why torterra doesn't move much. While stats are part of the anime, it doesn't mean they will respect all of them... I mean pikachu is regarded as special so his stats are probably higher. Pokemon with special abilities don't need speed, such as M-Gardervoir for the champion who can teleport. Stats also do diffrent things in the anime, such as speed only makes the pokemon faster, attack makes it hit harder. In the game these determine who goes first and who can deal more damage.

Reaction score
For Ash's final Pokemon i'm expecting a predictable, bland Skiddo/Bergmite/Phantump to top off his awesome fully evolved team.

Reaction score
I had been hoping that Ash would get a Tyrantrum (yeah right). Noivern is pretty good, but Tyrantrum is better, in my opinion.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
If Eevee ever does evolve which probably won't be for a while unless they do a Noibat, I hope Eevee evolves onscreen

Reaction score
Hey People!!! Aren't You all excited for that Ash's Team?
Pikachu
Greninja
Mega Sceptile
Talonflame
Noivern
Howlucha
and Goodra (reserved)?

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
A poster of the upcoming Anime seems to confirm our theory that Sylveon will be Eevee evolution which will be interesting

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Thought I saw one, might have been mistaken now, think Serebii forums had it