• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It would kinda defeat the purpose of releasing Goodra. I can't see them bringing Goodra back after leaving Goodra behind with no promise of Ash to come back or anything. This isn't like Squirtle, Charizard, or Gliscor. Also Snorunt was added pretty late in AG if I remember.

The 8th Gym is right around the corner and we know this gen is ending now due to the new games. He needs at least 6 pokemon to enter the league with.

There have been no merchandize hints of Ash capturing anything anytime soon so I find it highly unlikely.

Well, he is missing a grass type in his team, so maybe he could bring one back. Bulbasaur had most of the focus when he returned from Kanto, and as part of the 20th anniversary, he could bring Bulbasaur to Kalos.

I'm pretty sure Serena is done with captures, although they should just give her a Rhyhorn at the very end given how much they all like her.

I could see Serena getting a new Pokemon to supplement whatever Palermo wants her to find. I am getting bored with the usual Flamethrower/Stone Edge combination, so something else to shake up her Free Performance Rounds would be ideal.

Ash will get a 6th member-he always does. It's just a matter of who (which at this point, we all are going to have to be patient). I just hope it isn't Goodra because that would be yet another type repeat and it wouldn't do Goodra's goodbye any justice.

There are less than 35 episodes of this gen left if you count the weeks from now till November, barring breaks. With the 8th Gym quickly approaching I don't see Ash capturing anything new. Even Snorunt and Phanpy were captured before the 8th Gym.

I see Goodra returning

He needs a full team to participate in the league? I actually hope that it's Goodra. To be honest, Goodra has gotten more focus than Noibat and Sylveon, and was only here for 13 episodes or something. I was hoping for Noibat's evolution to occur during the league. That would be good, as it could overcome a struggle. I don't think that we've had an evolution in-battle for the league have we?

There are less than 35 episodes of this gen left if you count the weeks from now till November, barring breaks. With the 8th Gym quickly approaching I don't see Ash capturing anything new. Even Snorunt and Phanpy were captured before the 8th Gym.

I see Goodra returning

Sorry, but who's to say that the 8th Gym is around the corner? Sure, Wulfric was in the opening, but it doesn't mean that will battle him soon. Plus, if it does, then he could still get a new capture before the gym, because Eevee was shown in Mad-Paced Getter, but Talonflame was still a Fletchinder, despite the fact that Eevee appeared after Fletchinder evolved. Plus, the XYZ post shows Eevee as an Eevee, Ash's Noivern and a Mega Sceptile, yet Eevee has already evolved into a Sylveon and a Mega Sceptile has yet to make a proper main series anime appearance.

He needs a full team to participate in the league? I actually hope that it's Goodra. To be honest, Goodra has gotten more focus than Noibat and Sylveon, and was only here for 13 episodes or something. I was hoping for Noibat's evolution to occur during the league. That would be good, as it could overcome a struggle. I don't think that we've had an evolution in-battle for the league have we?

Ash's Krabby evolving into Kingler.

What you're sure about means nothing.

Ash is not going to enter a region league with only 5 pokemon. Even if he uses old pokemon, he still has to register his team first, we see him do it in the first episode of each league in all the older sagas.

The only way I could see Ash getting another capture is in the Pokemon Village. That would be good as they are already pretty strong and could have a few focus episodes with Wulfric. Although, there aren't any Kalos Pokemon in the village, but it could be changed for the anime.

Ash is not going to enter a region league with only 5 pokemon. Even if he uses old pokemon, he still has to register his team first, we see him do it in the first episode of each league in all the older sagas.
In the Sinnoh League, he registered his Pokedex and badges. His Sinnoh team were not considered more eligible than his reserves, obviously.

Stop grasping at straws. Goodra will only come back if the writers want to use it again, but not because they need to.

Also, didn't one of his rivals in BW enter the league with a less than full team?

Back
Top Bottom